Babun
Onyx
Mr Nick09
Doc
EarlyPrototype
73 posters

Page 17 of 25 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 21 ... 25  Next

Go down

Nutmeg Maestro With an Afro : Viera Marcelo - Page 17 Empty Re: Nutmeg Maestro With an Afro : Viera Marcelo

Post by Ganso Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:58 pm

attacking wise he was great, people are criticizing him for the obvious reasons

Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Nutmeg Maestro With an Afro : Viera Marcelo - Page 17 Empty Re: Nutmeg Maestro With an Afro : Viera Marcelo

Post by Valkyrja Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:16 pm

Ganso wrote:attacking wise he was great, people are criticizing him for the obvious reasons

Personally, I don't care very much about his defensive gaps as long as he provides attacking wise . One of the reasons of this bad season was his injury.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:42 pm

He never was a great defender. but he will get better than what he is. he was injured for many weeks and he needs time.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MadridiCanada Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:24 am

i just noticed, Kaka never got called up for confederations cup? wtf!!! what a disrespect
MadridiCanada
MadridiCanada
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:08 pm

Marcelo is really worrying me. He looks even more atrocious than usual defensively in the confed cup Sad
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:10 pm

yeah i noticed it too, but i'm going to reserve my judgement to after the pre season. he still just came back from a serious injury, and not many players are in their optimal match form after that for a while
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Clandestino Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:18 pm

Se7en wrote:yeah i noticed it too, but i'm going to reserve my judgement to after the pre season. he still just came back from a serious injury, and not many players are in their optimal match form after that for a while

I actually agree with Sporty on this one. Atrocious defending and I fear it's not just the lack of match fitness or stamina. He just plain and simply sucks in the D. At this rate we might be better off playing him at LM
Clandestino
Clandestino
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:22 pm

I'm not saying his defending is usually good, but right now he can't even recover a ball. That's what Sports is saying aswell, his defending is even more atrocious than usual. I think it's becouse of match fitness.

And to be fair on Marcelo, I've felt that he can have some good games in the defense. He has had them before but by what I'm seeing right now I'm not even sure if he can pressure someone of the ball. He is looking REALLY horrible on the defense right now.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:24 pm

We really shouldn't sell Coentrao in case Marcelo totally flops. It's not like CR7 is going to help him too.

Not only is it a problem for him, but also for Ramos, Varane, Alonso... basically all the players that need to shift to cover for his boo boos.

We really, really need a proper DM in an case. With Ozil, CR7 and Marcelo as bad defenders, Caravajal not known for defense and slow midfielders... we are not solid at all.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:56 pm

sportsczy wrote:We really, really need a proper DM in an case.  With Ozil, CR7 and Marcelo as bad defenders, Caravajal not known for defense and slow midfielders... we are not solid at all.  

Agreed.

Yet we are placing emphasis on Isco, Bale, Cavani and co..hmm
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MadridiCanada Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:34 am

his mistake led to italy's goal today
MadridiCanada
MadridiCanada
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:11 pm

Nutmeg Maestro With an Afro : Viera Marcelo - Page 17 IJaOUGMU9e6qt

Nice assist though!
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:48 pm

Can't wait to see him play for Madrid again.

Him & Carvajal Proud
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:16 am

How did he play against Uruguay ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:48 am

From what I've seen of the Confed cup, he's been poor defensively and not as sharp offensively.. Not in good form atm IMO.. Probably due to his previous injury lay off
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:09 am

Against Uruguay he was better than previous games but still in a bad form.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:40 am

he was great against Uruguay. You can see drastic changes to previous games

I am confident he will be back to his best mid preseason
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:46 am

From what I've seen he is still overweight, maybe that's the reason ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:08 am

yh he still chubby but then he has always been. it hasn't stopped him from performing

only Mourinho was the one who made fuss about it after every summer
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:14 am

Before Mourinho, he couldn't defend. You can't run up and down the pitch as a fullback effectively if you carry extra weight. If Marcelo wants to stay a bit unfit, then he can't attack as much... which is a waste.

FFS, just get in shape already.

Can you imagine an unfit Marcelo defending with CR7 on the same side? We might as well negotiate with the opponent and forfeit a goal if they agree to leave that side alone in exchange Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:27 am

halamadrid2 wrote:yh he still chubby but then he has always been. it hasn't stopped him from performing

only Mourinho was the one who made fuss about it after every summer

He was right to.
Marcelo should get in shape.

izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:40 am

Any defender will be exposed with Ronaldo on his side sadly Sad But we have always played in a way which would benefit us in terms of Marcelos lack of defending abilities by having a DM cover for him when he makes his forward runs. Carvajal although offensively good has the discipline to stay and defend when he needs to like he did against Dortmund.

If he can cut a couple of kilos more I think he would be ready to go even if he looks alittle round. He had always relied on finesse rather than speed and strength. But I have to admit he looks extra slow in the Confederations Cup. He has improved ten folds though to the one who attempted to defend vs Sociedad and got run over like a helpless ant

halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:46 am

I still can't believe we got a draw out of that Sociedad game... if Sociedad took 50% of the great chances only (not all the chances), they should have scored 10 Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:49 am

they did the same move over and over and we didn't even have answer Laughing :facepalm:

here is hoping Carlo improves our defending as a team. I remember PSG conceded the least goals in CL until their game vs Barca(I didn't check after that) and they got many clean sheets in the league. hopefully he takes that with him to us
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:53 am

Jallet and especially Van Der Wiel are horrible defenders. But then PSG had Matuidi do the job of 2 players as the DM... the guy has atomic lungs. Lavezzi and Lucas track back like mad men too. But Ibra and Pastore are as bad or worse than CR7 and Ozil on defense.

So I do have hope with Carlo.

But that said, PSG were forced to play very compact on defense and rely on the counter attack to protect all these defensive problems. It's going to be Mou v2 if he's forced to do the same thing, especially since we don't even have a proper DM.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:59 am

I think DM will be his top priority on his wish list since we don't have one besides Alonso. And Ancelotti likes them midfielders

I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted DiMaria to stay not buy Bale and buy two midfielders instead. Especially since those Paulinho rumours came out who is a DM. We have players capable of controlling a game just need a coach who isn't a coward and actually takes advantage of this
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 25 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 21 ... 25  Next