McAgger
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Fahim89
BeautifulGame
nj
28 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Summer Silly Season: Official Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Summer Silly Season: Official Thread

Post by JAY-Z Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:37 pm

I was wondering too, how much can i trust them sources, but the joy meeeh it was a great joy to finally hear that Doni is leaving Razz

JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Summer Silly Season: Official Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Summer Silly Season: Official Thread

Post by McAgger Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:15 am

Messiakanino wrote:Kevin Gameiro.....I'm starting the trend here

I told ya so...The guy is amazing, if u watched him against Ukraine today you'll know what im talking about. His movement off the ball is fantastic and what a goal he scored.

Come to ANFIELD Kevin!
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:45 am

Rumours going round that we want to announce Jones, Henderson and Wickham all at the same time.

All British and 20 year old or younger. Looks as we have a strategy

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:48 am

Still we overpaid for all of them ^
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:52 am

Don't care tbh.

For years we moaned about not having money.

Now we moan about having money Very Happy

As long as they contribute to a team winning trophies, they are success in my eyes. Time to stop being Naive IMO and just get behind the ideas of manager/DC. Time will tell whether deals were right or not

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:31 am

Sepi wrote:Don't care tbh.

For years we moaned about not having money.

Now we moan about having money Very Happy

As long as they contribute to a team winning trophies, they are success in my eyes. Time to stop being Naive IMO and just get behind the ideas of manager/DC. Time will tell whether deals were right or not

Nothing wrong in buying players with potential, but the thing that we complained about most was always the money to buy quality, proven players. I hope we buy at least 2 proven players this summer.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:36 am

^
I am very positive mate.

The thing is, at this moment, we can only deal with English clubs.

So people are panicking saying, if we sign those English players, it means no established players from foreign leagues etc etc. I believe our LB and Mata will be our established signing.

And let's not forget, a lot of world class players would rather opt for CL clubs, we won't get lucky with Suarez all the time, who only wanted to come here and didn't ask for outrageous wages.

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:39 am

Yeah, but we're not asking for WC players. Having them come here would be great, but we need some proven players as well. The likes of Mata are not considered WC.

But you are right in saying it is early. I'm just hoping we don't mess up this transfer window.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:15 am

I understand what you're saying, but we need to wait until the transfer window really begins before we really start panicking.

I think Jones, Henderson and Wickham would be a wonderful start to the window, but only that. We do need to purchase several established players for positions where we are lacking. Unfortunately it seems like the prices on the players are being driven up due to their age/potential/nationality. However, if they work out, they will more than pay for themselves. What is it the announcers always say? "If you don't buy a ticket, you'll never win the raffle."
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:18 am

donttreadonred wrote:I understand what you're saying, but we need to wait until the transfer window really begins before we really start panicking.

I think Jones, Henderson and Wickham would be a wonderful start to the window, but only that. We do need to purchase several established players for positions where we are lacking. Unfortunately it seems like the prices on the players are being driven up due to their age/potential/nationality. However, if they work out, they will more than pay for themselves. What is it the announcers always say? "If you don't buy a ticket, you'll never win the raffle."

Perhaps my lack of knowledge regarding the players in question is clouding my thought process a bit. The likes of Insua, Babel, El Zhar, etc. have not established themselves at our club. These guys seem to be costing more. I understand the market plays its part, but I'm a little worried because I know FSG are not billionaires.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:15 am

the only truly WC star available this window is Aguero.

and we are bookie's second fav to sign him Very Happy, guys, 3 months to go.

let's start British and finish Foreign Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:29 am

Please note that I do realize it's very early in the transfer window.

With that said, I'm just going to reiterate the point I made earlier that I hope we do buy some 'proven' players. NOT necessarily world class, but proven.

Obviously not everyone is going to be proven in the Premier League, but I'd definitely like someone with proven skills on and/or off the ball.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:28 am

Remember that the new club hierarchy have made a point of stressing a return to "The Liverpool Way" which includes doing business behind closed doors whenever possible. Obviously, in the current day and age it is far more difficult to keep dealings under wraps due to the proliferation of information through new forms of media, but the idea still stands and efforts are made. We still have deals like Meireles's transfer than can and will catch us completely by surprise. As such, it is entirely possible and indeed plausible that there are discussions ongoing we've yet to even see mentioned, let alone publicised as the Henderson ones have been.

I'd love to share Sepi's optimism on the Mata dealings, but with our lack of European footy, Valencia's surer financial footing, and City's purported interest my natural pessimistic nature leads me to fear that may be just a bridge to far. However, our interest in the lad does indeed seem genuine and with the likes of Comolli and Kenny working we will definitely have back-up options in the pipeline.

We'll be better next season than we were this, and we'll be even better the season following that. That much, at least, I'm certain of. Keep the faith.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:48 am

RedOranje wrote:

I'd love to share Sepi's optimism on the Mata dealings, but with our lack of European footy, Valencia's surer financial footing, and City's purported interest my natural pessimistic nature leads me to fear that may be just a bridge to far. However, our interest in the lad does indeed seem genuine and with the likes of Comolli and Kenny working we will definitely have back-up options in the pipeline.

We'll be better next season than we were this, and we'll be even better the season following that. That much, at least, I'm certain of. Keep the faith.

Valencia are still in financial trouble and are willing to sell their star players for the right offer . Atleast thats what Balague said last month .

City's purported interest is a concern but they arent linked with him recently . And they dont do their dealings quietly do they ?
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:26 am

poolsupporter wrote:Yeah, but we're not asking for WC players. Having them come here would be great, but we need some proven players as well. The likes of Mata are not considered WC.

But you are right in saying it is early. I'm just hoping we don't mess up this transfer window.

Liverpool has a habit of leaving it till the deadline day.. Since three years the major signings have been in the deadline day .. And all of those signings have been flops resulting in losses and crap results..
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:27 am

Valencia's finances are s**t (something like € 400m debt lol), but they can't sell every good player ^^

Names like Jones, Henderson and Wickham weren't what we were expecting (and maybe none of those actually sign for us), but whatever players we eventually sign, I'll trust in Kenny & Comolli & co. that they'll do good job - even if we get some players we might not fancy right now.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:28 am

metinsk wrote:I was wondering too, how much can i trust them sources, but the joy meeeh it was a great joy to finally hear that Doni is leaving Razz

Don't tell me, Is he that bad?
I thought he was your No1 choice in GK.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:39 am

Newcastle make bid to sign LB

So this shows Enrique deal is done and dusted?
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:08 pm

Doni isn't great xd. A lot of keeper mistakes from what I've seen.
About Newcastle LB, looks like Enrique is leaving. Hopefuly to us?
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:15 pm

What's all this Doni talk i see round the place? I'm calling bull on that one
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:36 pm

Irish_Catalan_Scouser wrote:What's all this Doni talk i see round the place? I'm calling bull on that one

His agent has confirmed it.

"I spoke to the club (Roma) yesterday and they confirmed they are holding talks with Liverpool to reach an agreement regarding the transfer of Doni,'' Ovidio Colucci said.

"Once an agreement is reached betwen the two clubs, we will begin negotiating personal terms with Liverpool. Doni would be very happy to join Liverpool and play in the Premier League.'

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/926463/liverpool-in-talks-with-alexander-doni,-agent-confirms?cc=4716
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:42 pm

Nishank wrote:
Irish_Catalan_Scouser wrote:What's all this Doni talk i see round the place? I'm calling bull on that one

His agent has confirmed it.

"I spoke to the club (Roma) yesterday and they confirmed they are holding talks with Liverpool to reach an agreement regarding the transfer of Doni,'' Ovidio Colucci said.

"Once an agreement is reached betwen the two clubs, we will begin negotiating personal terms with Liverpool. Doni would be very happy to join Liverpool and play in the Premier League.'

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/926463/liverpool-in-talks-with-alexander-doni,-agent-confirms?cc=4716

Really? Seems a bit odd to me. He's over 30 and in decline. I'd rather sign a younger keeper who is willing to be Pepe's understudy.

Wait, I've just thought of a possible rumour. He is signing so Aquilani has an Italian friend in the club. You heard it here Very Happy
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:48 pm

Doni is Brazilian I think with Italian descent. Hopefuly this isn't true.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:56 pm

ynwa wrote:Doni is Brazilian I think with Italian descent. Hopefuly this isn't true.

Oh right ya. Well he has an Italian passport. That'll do for my rumour.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:26 pm

Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:28 pm

[quote="Irish_Catalan_Scouser"][quote="Nishank"]
Irish_Catalan_Scouser wrote:
Really? Seems a bit odd to me. He's over 30 and in decline. I'd rather sign a younger keeper who is willing to be Pepe's understudy.

Wait, I've just thought of a possible rumour. He is signing so Aquilani has an Italian friend in the club. You heard it here Very Happy

We are sending Gulaski to get first team experience . I think in a couple of years he can be good backup to Reina with experience . So Doni is probably decent stop gap until Gulaski is ready .
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next