McAgger
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Fahim89
BeautifulGame
nj
28 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Summer Silly Season: Official Thread - Page 22 Empty Re: Summer Silly Season: Official Thread

Post by nj Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:23 am

iftikhar wrote:

Doesn't sound awesome, you know pale

Scored only a handful of goals and has a worrying injury record. Thing is when we signed Ngog, he was only 19. So when he proved to be a dud even after three year, we can expect to salvage something. Roux is already 23 so if he proves to be another dud in 2-3 years, there will be little salvation Crying or Very sad

no one said it would be awesome,
it would be a safe cheap bet for the squad options.
(and its true bets doenst alway pay, but thats the kind of signings you can also regret about if you miss it and he flourish elsewhere, just look a Chicharito..., or players that are late bloomers like Drogba)

and when we signed Ngog he basically was a reserve player for PSG, having played just a handfull games for PSG 1st team,
whereas Roux has been the main asset in helping a shit team getting promoted in L1 last year, and has had a whole season in L1 this season (and yes was injured this season, but its not worriying or smtg, it happens: he just 1st broke his metatarsal at the end of last year, and then came back too soon and got injured again).

and tbh when clus like Lyon, Marseille, Shalke...are interested in you, and when a few weeks ago France NT staff says you're close to be called up (whereas you plays in arguably the shittiest team in L1), that must mean you have some quality at least

nj
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Summer Silly Season: Official Thread - Page 22 Empty Re: Summer Silly Season: Official Thread

Post by Red Alert Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:03 am

What ever happened to Loic Remy? He was the next Henry, was apparently off to LFC or Arsenal stayed put in L1 and havn't heard him since? Neutral
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:35 am

ynwa wrote:What ever happened to Loic Remy? He was the next Henry, was apparently off to LFC or Arsenal stayed put in L1 and havn't heard him since? Neutral

He moved to Marseille apparently had a good season.Was even selected for their NT.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by nj Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:39 am

BeautifulGame wrote:
He moved to Marseille apparently had a good season.Was even selected for their NT.

but he was pretty shit for most part of the season tho,
but its true he finished pretty strongly scoring goals after goals in the last months.
even tho hes usually an attacking RW, he finished playing as the main striker, having taken Gignac's spot (the ST who was their other big money buy from last summer) and Brandao's who had legals problems

Last edited by nj on Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
nj
nj
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:19 pm

Doubt he's in the equation anymore, then. :geek:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:48 pm

ynwa wrote:What ever happened to Loic Remy? He was the next Henry, was apparently off to LFC or Arsenal stayed put in L1 and havn't heard him since? Neutral
#

I dont think he's anything like Henry. Apart from the fact he's French and plays up front. Never wanted him here. Good player but not good enough imo.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:56 pm

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2011/06/22/2542709/liverpool-weigh-up-bid-for-st-etienne-winger-dimitri-payet

anyone know much about the guy?
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:14 pm

Irish_Catalan_Scouser wrote:http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2011/06/22/2542709/liverpool-weigh-up-bid-for-st-etienne-winger-dimitri-payet

Now that its a Goal.com exclusive i am 100% sure we wont sign.I dont think Goal.com exclusive has ever turned out to be correct.

P.S.
Chelsea bid for him on the last day of January transfer window.So must be decent.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:19 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:
Irish_Catalan_Scouser wrote:http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2011/06/22/2542709/liverpool-weigh-up-bid-for-st-etienne-winger-dimitri-payet

Now that its a Goal.com exclusive i am 100% sure we wont sign.I dont think Goal.com exclusive has ever turned out to be correct.

P.S.
Chelsea bid for him on the last day of January transfer window.So must be decent.

Well the only reason I posted it is because I dont know anything about him and was looking for the views of thise who do.

I had seen him being mentioned on the .tv forums earlier in the window so felt there was at least a very small chance of a transfer.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:41 pm

Irish_Catalan_Scouser wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:

P.S.

Well the only reason I posted it is because I dont know anything about him and was looking for the views of thise who do.

I had seen him being mentioned on the .tv forums earlier in the window so felt there was at least a very small chance of a transfer.

We were linked with him in january so this might be true.Its just that whenever Goal.com publish an exclusive the transfer never materializes.

I have only seen him in yooutube and match highlights looked good.Decent winger has pace who can also chip in with goals.

nj doesnt rate him much so not sure how good he is.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:52 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:
Irish_Catalan_Scouser wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:

P.S.

We were linked with him in january so this might be true.Its just that whenever Goal.com publish an exclusive the transfer never materializes.

I have only seen him in yooutube and match highlights looked good.Decent winger has pace who can also chip in with goals.

nj doesnt rate him much so not sure how good he is.

Fair enough. I've never seen him play so don't know his strengths and weakness or anything.

Wonder why no club in having a go at trying to get Lavezzi.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:25 pm

I'm bored.
let's sign someone

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:31 pm

This is what Tommo says today . .

Pault86 Paul Thompson
Mata is still very much on.

Pault86 Paul Thompson
Aguero talks not yet happened. Still told they will.

Pault86 Paul Thompson
Clichy is as much an option as is Enrique and Aly. If City enter race for Aly we won't entertain a bidding war.

Pault86 Paul Thompson
Payet. Lovren. Wickham. Dann. Adam. Downing all want to join LFC. Sakho humming and puffing and Oyston is stil very much a *bleep*.

now interesting read. .but the list is big, a total of 12 players . .things are getting to some extent beyond my understanding . .although some would obviously get canceled out if some go through but even if 5-6 get through that would be a major remake to the team . .

really hope some solid news would come through . .maybe a VALID MEDICAL for a change Razz
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by nj Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:45 pm

Aulas just confirmed that 4 players would leave Lyon.
(they want to reduce the wages and use more players from the academy)

and amoung their 3-4 best youngs from the academy, there is the very promising LB Kolodziejczak,
so this lead me to think that Cissokho could very well be amoung those 4 players that will leave.

Toulalan & Bastos are the 2 first players sure to leave, now im just hoping that Cissokho will be the 3rd...
nj
nj
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:58 pm

nj wrote:Aulas just confirmed that 4 players would leave Lyon.
(they want to reduce the wages and use more players from the academy)

and amoung their 3-4 best youngs from the academy, there is the very promising LB Kolodziejczak,
so this lead me to think that Cissokho could very well be amoung those 4 players that will leave.

Toulalan & Bastos are the 2 first players sure to leave, now im just hoping that Cissokho will be the 3rd...

i guess the question is no more about whether or not we r bidding for Cissokho but rather whether or not ManCity are & if they do i guess it would be wise not to go along with them as they would be bidding silly . . Razz
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:34 pm

Manc City have got Kolarov, unless they just want to spend spend and spend, they've got little reason to sign Cissokho.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:43 pm

Some ppl say Cisspkhp is shit? Is it true?

Back to top Go down

Post by nj Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:50 pm

Sepi wrote:Some ppl say Cisspkhp is shit? Is it true?
well, maybe they say that because he isnt the most technical player you would find.
i admit sometimes he looks awkward on the ball.

but he has great physical attributes, a great cross in him, and knows how to defend,
and for me these are the main atributes a fullback mainly needs.

and when i look at the few others choices we got (clichy, Enrique...), i also see flaws in some areas,
so in the end i would choose Cissokho (who is also the youngest of all of them)
nj
nj
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:03 pm

Art Morte wrote:Manc City have got Kolarov, unless they just want to spend spend and spend, they've got little reason to sign Cissokho.

haha mate! you just gave the answer yourself ! ! sad but true . .before they bought Barry (i m a little confused if it was Barry or Milner Razz ) i saw a joke online which goes sort of like this . .

AVFC have decided to sell Gareth Barry at around 24m pounds . .ManCity have given the first bid at 37m pounds

then again can't quite remember the joke fully but i guess you do get the meaning of it . .& frankly they are not far from it Razz
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:01 pm

Fahim89 wrote:This is what Tommo says today . .

Pault86 Paul Thompson
We'll see... if Barca get Sanchez City will probably get Mata.

Pault86 Paul Thompson
Bullshit.

Pault86 Paul Thompson
Clichy is as much an option as is Enrique and Aly. If City enter race for Aly we won't entertain a bidding war.
Believable, at least.

Pault86 Paul Thompson
Payet. Lovren. Wickham. Dann. Adam. Downing all want to join LFC. Sakho humming and puffing and Oyston is stil very much a *bleep*.
Players "wanting" to join means nothing, unless he's a personal friend of all of them. Amazing that some of these names only pop up in his links after they've been mentioned in news sources.

now interesting read. .but the list is big, a total of 12 players . .things are getting to some extent beyond my understanding . .although some would obviously get canceled out if some go through but even if 5-6 get through that would be a major remake to the team . .

really hope some solid news would come through . .maybe a VALID MEDICAL for a change Razz
I wouldn't put much faith in Tommo.... especially after his little meltdown the other day.

Art Morte wrote:Manc City have got Kolarov, unless they just want to spend spend and spend, they've got little reason to sign Cissokho.
Kolarov was far from convincing for them and City don't appear to be the type of side to give players time to fit in.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nj Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:10 pm

RedOranje wrote:
if Barca get Sanchez City will probably get Mata.
if this means we get A. Johnson, i will be as pleased Very Happy

but as i once said, i dont really see City going for Mata when they already have a player like Silva in the squad.
they cant fit in the same XI when their coach is someone who prefers physical players.
its already hard to fit Silva & Johnson in the same XI when the likes of Milner & Barry must play at all costs, never mind adding Mata to that.
nj
nj
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:29 pm

nj wrote:
RedOranje wrote:
if Barca get Sanchez City will probably get Mata.
if this means we get A. Johnson, i will be as pleased Very Happy

but as i once said, i dont really see City going for Mata when they already have a player like Silva in the squad.
they cant fit in the same XI when their coach is someone who prefers physical players.
its already hard to fit Silva & Johnson in the same XI when the likes of Milner & Barry must play at all costs, never mind adding Mata to that.

They can't really fit Balotelli, Dzeko, Tevez in the same squad but have all 3 anyway. I cannot see them selling to a direct rival.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:42 am

I know I've not been very active here recently, but Jesus, -201?

Also, Tommo is a douche.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:02 am

Acc. to English media (Times,Express,Mail,Mirror) Clichy has made it clear to wenger he wants to come to Liverpool and not Roma.But we have yet make a bid that matches Arsenal's valuation.

would be great if we can get him for 8/9 mil.

BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:16 am

RedOranje wrote:
Fahim89 wrote:This is what Tommo says today . .

Pault86 Paul Thompson
We'll see... if Barca get Sanchez City will probably get Mata.

Now the thing is the window is not yet open & as far as i have heard DC has already gone to spain & have discussion ongoing . .so while ManCity are up for Sanchez we can get the Mata deal done . . i guess it would come down to how quickly we wrap up the deal as there is no point going in a price war against ManCity

Pault86 Paul Thompson
Bullshit.

Well the thing is this news is very vague cause you know we can BID for him . .but it doesn't say anything about our chances . .

Pault86 Paul Thompson
Believable, at least.

very much so with the 3 most probable options . .

Pault86 Paul Thompson
Players "wanting" to join means nothing, unless he's a personal friend of all of them. Amazing that some of these names only pop up in his links after they've been mentioned in news sources.

well players wanting comes from the fact that we have made a bid & the players have found interest in them like the Adam deal where it is rumored that he prefers LFC . .

I wouldn't put much faith in Tommo.... especially after his little meltdown the other day.

well the guy has certainly received huge criticism due to the Adam & Mata deal. . but then again has been close to putting in good rumors but then again RUMORS better then many of the Dailys though Razz

Kolarov was far from convincing for them and City don't appear to be the type of side to give players time to fit in.

agreed but we won't go into a bidding war if ManCity jumps in for Cissokho

poolsupporter wrote:I know I've not been very active here recently, but Jesus, -201?

o yes i had the same question! ! how is that number realistic! ! Shocked
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:18 am

BeautifulGame wrote:Acc. to English media (Times,Express,Mail,Mirror) Clichy has made it clear to wenger he wants to come to Liverpool and not Roma.But we have yet make a bid that matches Arsenal's valuation.

would be great if we can get him for 8/9 mil.

8/9m for a player who has a year left in his contract?? won't it be a little high? i say 5/6 is good. . Smile
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next