McAgger
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Fahim89
BeautifulGame
nj
28 posters

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

Summer Silly Season: Official Thread - Page 24 Empty Re: Summer Silly Season: Official Thread

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:45 pm

Art Morte wrote:We could get a potential future star like Alex Chamberlain for 10-15m...

Why would we need to spend 10mil on Chamberlain when we have Sterling who is already as good if not better and is younger as well?

BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Summer Silly Season: Official Thread - Page 24 Empty Re: Summer Silly Season: Official Thread

Post by nj Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:06 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:

Why would we need to spend 10mil on Chamberlain when we have Sterling who is already as good if not better and is younger as well?
i totally get your point. (the spot for the promising winger should be Raheem's)

but saying that Serling is as good or better maybe is a stretch.

i mean Chamberlain is only 1yr younger, but has already been playing a whole season in League One weeks & weeks out vs men (and still manages to stand out),
whereas for now Raheem has only been playing vs young teens of his age (unders 18),
and we still dont know how he will cope with the physical game of the grown ups.

that why this season will be very important for him.
it will be interesting to see how he copes in the Reserves, and hopefully Kenny can also give him some minutes here and here with the 1st team.
nj
nj
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:21 pm

nj wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:

i totally get your point. (the spot for the promising winger should be Raheem's)

but saying that Serling is as good or better maybe is a stretch.

i mean Chamberlain is only 1yr younger, but has already been playing a whole season in League One weeks & weeks out vs men (and still manages to stand out),
whereas for now Raheem has only been playing vs young teens of his age (unders 18),
and we still dont know how he will cope with the physical game of the grown ups.

that why this season will be very important for him.
it will be interesting to see how he copes in the Reserves, and hopefully Kenny can also give him some minutes here and here with the 1st team.

Chamberlain looks good in League 1 not even Championship.I dont think there is much difference in League 1 and our reserves.I would say our reserves would be highly competitive in League1.

P.S

Why isnt Chamberlain playing in U-17 world cup? Injured?
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by nj Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:41 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:

Chamberlain looks good in League 1 not even Championship.I dont think there is much difference in League 1 and our reserves.I would say our reserves would be highly competitive in League1.
but Sterling hasnt even played in Reserves yet.
all this time he was with the U18 team.

dont get me wrong, i sincerly hope and think he will shine in the reserve too once he plays there, but for now he hasnt played there yet

BeautifulGame wrote:
P.S

Why isnt Chamberlain playing in U-17 world cup? Injured?

he's already playing with the U19 (even played once with the U21)

but he isnt with the U17 anymore cause he was in the U19 squad along with our own Robinson, Ngoo, Wisdom, etc... a few weeks ago

nj
nj
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:46 pm

iftikhar wrote:Mata: £20-30 million
Downing: £19 million
Clichy: £9 million
Wikham: £10 million

Is it just me or are we being taken for a ride!!! Anyway, for now I would just like to see some thing happen for real. All these rumors are going on for what seems like ages, while ManU is fast getting it's house sorted.

I think those prices for Mata, Wickham and Clichy are OK. I wouldnt say we are over paying at those prices.

Downing should cost lest but wont*

*stupid frakking English players costing too much!
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by nj Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:39 pm

smtg to cheer us up a little
even if its a "Goal.com Exclusive" and from some "source" close to mata Rolling Eyes :

Juan Mata is interested in moving to Liverpool and his representatives are holding out for an approach from the Reds - despite offers from other Premier League clubs including Manchester City, Goal.com can reveal.
“If Liverpool are interested, then the player would also be interested to hear from them," said the source.

"While they are not playing in Europe next season, that would not be a hindrance, because Liverpool is a club with a big tradition.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/596/exclusive/2011/06/24/2545844/valencia-winger-juan-mata-interested-to-hear-from-liverpool
nj
nj
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:48 pm

nj wrote:smtg to cheer us up a little
even if its a "Goal.com Exclusive" and from some "source" close to mata Rolling Eyes :

Juan Mata is interested in moving to Liverpool and his representatives are holding out for an approach from the Reds - despite offers from other Premier League clubs including Manchester City, Goal.com can reveal.
“If Liverpool are interested, then the player would also be interested to hear from them," said the source.

"While they are not playing in Europe next season, that would not be a hindrance, because Liverpool is a club with a big tradition.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/596/exclusive/2011/06/24/2545844/valencia-winger-juan-mata-interested-to-hear-from-liverpool

They did also say that they would listen to all offers. This is still good to see. Mata at Liverpool= Very Happy
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:24 pm

*Warning: Twitter Rumors to follow.*

There are new rumors popping up all over twitter that Juve haave offered cash plus Melo for Meireles. The details are a little inconsistent, but it seems that Juve are rumored to have offered in the region of 13 mil for Raul (whether or not this is including the valuation of Melo or not, I do not know).

As much as I DO NOT want to sell Meireles, the Juve deal would be okay with me. It doesn't look like he's in the long term plans for LFC, which saddens me, and he would get playing time at CM for Juve. Not to mention one of my favorite players moving from the main club I support to my #2 cannot be viewed as wholly undesirable. At least this way, Raul gets minutes on the pitch.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:47 pm

donttreadonred wrote:*Warning: Twitter Rumors to follow.*

There are new rumors popping up all over twitter that Juve haave offered cash plus Melo for Meireles. The details are a little inconsistent, but it seems that Juve are rumored to have offered in the region of 13 mil for Raul (whether or not this is including the valuation of Melo or not, I do not know).

As much as I DO NOT want to sell Meireles, the Juve deal would be okay with me. It doesn't look like he's in the long term plans for LFC, which saddens me, and he would get playing time at CM for Juve. Not to mention one of my favorite players moving from the main club I support to my #2 cannot be viewed as wholly undesirable. At least this way, Raul gets minutes on the pitch.

The rumours are based on an article in the mirror today.So probably rubbish.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:46 pm

Mata <3
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:57 pm

I can't understand why we would even consider selling Raul. He is certainly good enough to be at the club.

There is only one possibly really. The new owners are bullshitters and Kenny has to sell to buy.

I don't believe this to be the case so Raul is staying.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:00 pm

Irish_Catalan_Scouser wrote:I can't understand why we would even consider selling Raul. He is certainly good enough to be at the club.

There is only one possibly really. The new owners are bullshitters and Kenny has to sell to buy.

We should not jump to conclusions , well at least nagative ones.

I see two possibilities here -

1. Selling Meireles for 15 million and using chunks of that fee to buy Wickham, Adam and Downing.

2. Selling Meireles and replacing him with Adam. Ill make a thread about it..
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:07 pm

Nishank wrote:
Irish_Catalan_Scouser wrote:I can't understand why we would even consider selling Raul. He is certainly good enough to be at the club.

1. Selling Meireles for 15 million and using chunks of that fee to buy Wickham, Adam and Downing.

Option one would be a total disaster i.e. we do have to sell our better players to fund new ones.

Option two seems to be a stupid one. Raul has to stay imo. Even if we get Adam, Raul is better and we need depth.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:11 pm

Irish_Catalan_Scouser wrote:
Nishank wrote:

Option one would be a total disaster i.e. we do have to sell our better players to fund new ones.

Option two seems to be a stupid one. Raul has to stay imo. Even if we get Adam, Raul is better and we need depth.

I made a thread about it ... And these are just Possibilities..
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:25 pm

Nishank wrote:
Irish_Catalan_Scouser wrote:
Nishank wrote:

I made a thread about it ... And these are just Possibilities..

Yes we'll keep the discussion in the new thread.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:42 pm

Diego sacked from Wolfsburg.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:10 pm

really i don't see the point of getting a hot headed idiot Razz no offense but some of his actions are stupid . .

anyhow with so many players vigorously linked with us i think its high time we see some movement . . i mean just the list of players we r REPORTEDLY in POLE POSITION to get Razz is BIG! ! :O Shocked

Adam
Wickham
Downing
Mata
Payet
Dann
Clichy
Enrique
Cissokho

whom did i miss out on?? :S
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:57 pm

The Times reporting that Adam will move to Liverpool in the next 48 hours and Liverpool will complete Downing next week for a total of 24 million..
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickeyz Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:27 am

The price really does not bother me as long as we get quality players.

But why don't we put a 24 million bid for Mata instead!

Mickeyz
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:46 am

Mickeyz wrote:The price really does not bother me as long as we get quality players.

But why don't we put a 24 million bid for Mata instead!

Maybe we got that reserved for Mata actually..

And we sell Meireles or deadwood for these signings>
Hmmm
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:28 am

Tony Evans reckons we'll be signing Adam and Downing for a total value of 24M (For both) by next week. decent value for money, for 2 players who are not world class, but very decent and both offer something to the squad that we currently don't have. good piece of business.

BUT

I still can't figure out 16M for Henderson....The only think I can think of is that Kenny has a masterplan for him that we're all unaware of

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:39 am

24m for both players would be good business. 14 for Downing 10 for Adam. That's acceptable. I've a feeling it won't happen though.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:23 am

We are being linked to Ryad Boudebouz also .. I think he will come cheap.. Exciting player as people might have seen in the WC
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:28 am

Mata for 24m would be better value for money than Adam and Downing for the same, IMO. He'd add more to the side in terms of quality as well.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:33 am

RedOranje wrote:Mata for 24m would be better value for money than Adam and Downing for the same, IMO. He'd add more to the side in terms of quality as well.

How about all 3 Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:34 am

RedOranje wrote:Mata for 24m would be better value for money than Adam and Downing for the same, IMO. He'd add more to the side in terms of quality as well.

It depends on what options he has and is he willing to come to a club not in Europe.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next