S32TABLANCA
McAgger
Zealous
Jack Daniels
Le Samourai
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Higuain v Raul - 177/178 Game Statistical Comparison Empty Higuain v Raul - 177/178 Game Statistical Comparison

Post by Guest Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:51 pm

Comparing first 177/178 games for Real Madrid

Raul - First 178 Game breakdown (17 yrs old - 21)
La Liga - 59 Goals / 145 Games
Copa del Rey - 3 Goals / 10 Games
Europe - 8 Goals / 19 Games
Other - 3 Goals / 4 Games
Total - 73 Goals / 178 Games

Titles won in that time:
La Liga: 1994–95, 1996–97
Supercopa de España: 1997
UEFA Champions League: 1997–98
Intercontinental Cup: 1998

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Higuain - First 177 Game breakdown (19 yrs old -23)
La Liga - 77 Goals / 134 Games
Copa del Rey - 3 Goals / 11 Games
Europe - 4 Goals / 29 Games (10 of which are substitute appearances)
Other - 1 Goal / 3 Games
Total - 85 Goals / 177 Games

Titles won in that time:
La Liga: 2006–07, 2007–08
Copa del Rey: 2010–11
Supercopa de España: 2008

-------------------------------------------------------------

As you can see the big difference is in Europe although it's not as big a one as you may think.

The big difference will come if he can overcome his European bugs and also if he can grab a UCL trophy within the next couple of seasons.

It is quite interesting to see that despite his very very slow start to scoring in all competitions he still managed to score more in La Liga and keep up in the Copa.

Enjoy

Back to top Go down

Higuain v Raul - 177/178 Game Statistical Comparison Empty Re: Higuain v Raul - 177/178 Game Statistical Comparison

Post by Le Samourai Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:55 pm

During those years Raul was by no means an oot and out CF like Higuain is.
Raul was a ss.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Higuain v Raul - 177/178 Game Statistical Comparison Empty Re: Higuain v Raul - 177/178 Game Statistical Comparison

Post by Jack Daniels Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:56 pm

Actually Raul played in the wing for sometime in the early days. not ss. Smile

@crim
You are about to get a lot of stick in this thread lmao...
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:58 pm

ragbirjosh wrote:During those years Raul was by no means an oot and out CF like Higuain is.
Raul was a ss.

Neither was Higuain

Higuain spent his first two seasons as a winger, not even an attacking winger, an actually deep midfield winger, also Higuain has spent almost a year out with a major injury.

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:00 pm

Jack Daniels wrote:Actually Raul played in the wing for sometime in the early days. not ss. Smile

@crim

Well that furthers my point.The wing is a bit of a stretch IMO , he and messi played the same role at the start of their careers.

I don't want to give him stick , I'm just pointing out why the stats don't give the whole picture.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:01 pm

Jack Daniels wrote:Actually Raul played in the wing for sometime in the early days. not ss. Smile

@crim

Yeah I know and Raul played as a wide forward, not really a winger and then a SS supplementing the attack of the two attacking forwards, in the period this is done over.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:02 pm

Higuain also didn't have the luxury of entering an established side.

Raul however in his prime is still the better player for me. Maybe Higuain can reach those heights soon though.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:03 pm

Higgy is amazing.....great stats......if he continuous at his own rate, i wouldn't be surprised if he surpassed Raul in scoring charts
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:14 pm

Part of me is disgusted that you made such a comparison, but you know it might hold a bit of water. Obviously, Raul was the better and more complete player and scored many more goals in Europe... Well hell yeah, Raul is THE European legend.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:21 pm

* enters thread *

You guys have to be kidding me. Talk about apples and oranges.

* leaves thread *

Last edited by sportsczy on Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:22 pm

I'm suprised no one has mentioned how weaksauce the Spanish leauge is now compared to the leauge Raul played in.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:25 pm

That is sort of true as well.

But let's not pretend Raul has never played against weak sauce teams too LOL

Anyway Raul is better and by miles but maybe Higuain can reach that level one day.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:29 pm

It's not even the goal thing or league that is bothersome to me. One is a playmaker and wasn't really the most efficient of finishers tbh. The other one is pure poacher. Just impossible to compare.

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:31 pm

Raul was a big game player of highest calibre, scored when it mattered the most.

His influence was also much more noticable compared to Higuain.

Statistics don't tell the whole story and Raul is still the better player than Higuain
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:32 pm

You don't get to three hundred sixty something goals by being a play maker alone.

Sure Raul started out as a SS but he evolved into a cultured CF over his career.

I know what you are trying to say and you are probably right but this isn't the most outlandish comparison ever.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:33 pm

omarish wrote:Raul was a big game player of highest calibre, scored when it mattered the most.

His influence was also much more noticable compared to Higuain.

Statistics don't tell the whole story and Raul is still the better player than Higuain

I'm not saying he is better lamo at all the black and white

I am simply trying to point out that early on in their careers they weren't so different in the way they scored and also that Higuain may have a long way to go before he even cleans Rauls boots but he can still and is on his way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:41 pm

Not the most outlandish maybe... but pretty darn close. Completely different skillset and pitch personality. Raul was a volume shooter as a CF and had 741 appearances over 15 years for Madrid to get his 300+ goals. It's not like the legendary goalscorers that are at a 0.75 ratio or better for their careers. But he was such a playmaker.

If you want to start comparing Higuain to a Hugo Sanchez or Di Stefano, it would make slightly more sense in terms of pitch personality.... he's not even in their league though.

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:42 pm

What Raul did over his whole carreer can not be achieved again. You can compare him in that respect to Casillas, but no other striker in the forseeable future will be able to emerge so young, so versatile, remain in the starting XI for so many years, a fixed presence over many different eras, a true captain and eventually amazing goalscorer as well as even a mediapunta sometimes, a European legend. I cant even entertain the hopes that Higuain can do that. We dont even have anyone in Castilla that can be compared to Raul right now.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:44 pm

sportsczy wrote:Not the most outlandish maybe... but pretty darn close. Completely different skillset and pitch personality. Raul was a volume shooter as a CF and had 741 appearances over 15 years for Madrid to get his 300+ goals. It's not like the legendary goalscorers that are at a 0.75 ratio or better for their careers. But he was such a playmaker.

If you want to start comparing Higuain to a Hugo Sanchez or Di Stefano, it would make slightly more sense in terms of pitch personality.... he's not even in their league though.

No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No

Raul was by no means a volume shooter mate.Check out the stats.

Di Stefano :facepalm: was almost the attacking midfielder that you made Raul sound like.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:52 pm

ragbirjosh wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Not the most outlandish maybe... but pretty darn close. Completely different skillset and pitch personality. Raul was a volume shooter as a CF and had 741 appearances over 15 years for Madrid to get his 300+ goals. It's not like the legendary goalscorers that are at a 0.75 ratio or better for their careers. But he was such a playmaker.

No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No

Raul was by no means a volume shooter mate.Check out the stats.

Di Stefano :facepalm: was almost the attacking midfielder that you made Raul sound like.

Here's the only stat i could find: 741 games, 323 goals = 0.44 ratio. I don't have shots per game, etc. that far back. But Raul missed a lot, but had a such a huge impact and work rate that you wouldn't go too crazy over it. He also had the knack to make the key pass or score the big goal in key moments. He will never be known for his efficiency... at least not with those that watched him regularly. He was just a highly skillful forward.

Last edited by sportsczy on Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:56 pm

Check out the classic goalscorers... you'll see that they all range from a 0.60 ratio to close to a 1 for the big time legends (Van Basten, Shevchenko, R9, Eusebio, Di Stefano, etc.). Raul is not in those guys' league in terms of goalscoring efficiency.

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:01 pm

the per game ratio is because Raul played a withdrawn role and yes he had a tendency to pass rather than shoot early in his career.

Yes Raul missed a bit however he was never a volume shooter.Raul and Higuain are relatively equal in terms of finishing no matter what there per game ratio says.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:11 pm

the more i read threads the more i understand that higuain WILL BE OUR MAIN STRIKER for years...
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:16 pm

The Madrid One wrote:the more i read threads the more i understand that higuain WILL BE OUR MAIN STRIKER for years...

No prblema. so long as Benzema can play next to him.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:26 pm

ragbirjosh wrote:
The Madrid One wrote:the more i read threads the more i understand that higuain WILL BE OUR MAIN STRIKER for years...

No prblema. so long as Benzema can play next to him.
if neymar comes, and with kaka being liked by mou as much as he is, how would that ever happen..
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next