RealGunner
michael1
Abramovich
El Chelsea Fuerte
milanfan7
58 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Van persie is too good for arsenal. - Page 6 Empty Re: Van persie is too good for arsenal.

Post by Highburied Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:01 pm

And I dont agree with the idea of moving to a club and win trophies.

Inter is one example with Sneijder, Lucio and co.. but thats rare.

Thierry Henry won the CL but nobody mentions his contribution at barca. Imagine had he won at Arsenal.

Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Van persie is too good for arsenal. - Page 6 Empty Re: Van persie is too good for arsenal.

Post by Highburied Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:02 pm

So by majority of people here (bunch of hypocrites anyway)...

When Juve was in Serie B, all players should have moved to clubs.

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by xabi Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:04 pm

highburied wrote: Look at Real Madrid, buying players from left to right, and winning nothing. Why? Because they cant buy chemistry. Barca's success comes from homegrown players .

Van persie is too good for arsenal. - Page 6 20110420_real_madrid_campeon_copa_del_rey_2011
xabi
xabi
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:06 pm

highburied wrote:And I dont agree with the idea of moving to a club and win trophies.

Inter is one example with Sneijder, Lucio and co.. but thats rare.

Thierry Henry won the CL but nobody mentions his contribution at barca. Imagine had he won at Arsenal.
Barc is an exceptional case, they are in such of a hurry to "Glory" they dont have time to remember their players, Rivaldo won trophies with them, sticked to them and carried them in his last season on his shoulders, yet I dont see anyone mentioning him, I believe they are sooo busy with Messi's awsomeness till things go bad.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:10 pm

highburied wrote:So by majority of people here (bunch of hypocrites anyway)...

to be fair, Cannavaro, Ibrahimovic, Zambrotta, Thuram, Emerson, Vieira, and others DID leave. the only ones that had the balls to stay realized that loyalty in the face of adversity is sometimes more important than "furthering your career"

its not like anyo of those players hadnt experience success before (Vieira, Thuram at WC 98... Cannavaro just won the WC and the league w/ Juve and Italy. same with Zambrotta...

Ibra still hasnt won the Big one... same with emerson..

The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by milanfan7 Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:13 pm

TetraHydroC 10 wrote:
Also , Milanfan7 once told me why he trolls every once in a while : " If you don't troll them and put them in their place, they get cocky. " EXACT WORDS Wink

There is no logic behind that thought process, much like the majority of milanfan7 post's. I love how this 16 year old feels the need to put GL posters in their place, perhaps you should worry about yourself.

P.S. I guess his definition of once in a while is different than ours. Approximately 9 out of 10 milanfan7 post's are filled with trash and or troll material.

Man oh man you know how to hold a grudge don't you? You still hate me ever since I called leonardo the scum a traitor.

Haters gonna hate.
milanfan7
milanfan7
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:19 pm

Nobody hates 16 years olds anyway.

Van persie is too good for arsenal. - Page 6 Spanking_kids2
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by milanfan7 Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:32 pm

highburied wrote:Nobody hates 16 years olds anyway.

I love how people are attacking me for being 16. Maybe it's because even at 16 I have thrice the intellectual capacity they'll ever have. Dint worry lads,there's always therapy.
milanfan7
milanfan7
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:42 pm

Milanfan7 wrote:

Van persie is too good for arsenal. - Page 6 Spanking_kggggids2

I love how people are attacking me for being 16. Maybe it's because even at 16 I have thrice the intellectual capacity they'll ever have. Dint worry lads,there's always therapy.

You are too 'intelligent' for this forum.

Try this: www.y8.com

Enjoy!
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by mzamani Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:42 pm

I think a more logical way of saying it is that RVP is too good for the current Arsenal side. Arsenal is a team that has been around for more than 6 years you know. anyway just because a club has not won nothing in 6 years does not mean it lacks ambition.

anyway, would it be logical to say the Ronaldo is too good for Madrid because he has barely won nothing there? not really! why? because he is at Madrid. its more about the club than anything else. there i say it, no player is too good for Arsenal
mzamani
mzamani
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:55 pm

king_alex10 wrote:
highburied wrote:So by majority of people here (bunch of hypocrites anyway)...

to be fair, Cannavaro, Ibrahimovic, Zambrotta, Thuram, Emerson, Vieira, and others DID leave. the only ones that had the balls to stay realized that loyalty in the face of adversity is sometimes more important than "furthering your career"

its not like anyo of those players hadnt experience success before (Vieira, Thuram at WC 98... Cannavaro just won the WC and the league w/ Juve and Italy. same with Zambrotta...

Ibra still hasnt won the Big one... same with emerson..

Karma Van persie is too good for arsenal. - Page 6 2859867778

TBF, Ibra was already going to be sold. It did decrease his value though.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:39 pm

Milanfan7 wrote:

It's responses like this that let everyone know that you still need to mature quite a bit. It's normal, though. I also thought I knew everything and was smarter than everyone when I was 16 Cool
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by gunner1987 Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:55 pm

Be/\/ceCALI wrote:
Milanfan7 wrote:

It's responses like this that let everyone know that you still need to mature quite a bit. It's normal, though. I also thought I knew everything and was smarter than everyone when I was 16 Cool

haha. exactly. I remember running my mouth/ trying to piss people off as a 16 year old. online gaming.... man, was i a shit talker Very Happy

gunner1987
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:20 pm

imalegend wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:RVP is proving he deserves the kind of contract he is asking for. Why do some people think he's too good for Arsenal because he has managed to stay healthy for about a year.

I think that some people on here forget the return Arsenal have received from him in the past as he has scored 20 goals in 2 out of 8 seasons and he has only played in 40 games in a season twice again out of 8 seasons not to mention he has never scored 20 goals in the EPL before in fact his best return in the EPL is 18 once and after that it's 11twice and the other 4 seasons he's been in single digits for goals. That is the definition of unreliability and Arsenal have always stood by him.

If he stays healthy and has 3 good seasons out of 8 he better not get a big head and leave as he owes Arsenal more then he has given them and remember that means he would have to stay healthy this year which if anyone is predicting he doesn't miss a big part of the season then there really just ignoring all facts and reason and putting there fanboy hat on.

If Arsenal want to keep him they are going to have to break there wage structure by a pretty big margin and I'll take the other side of the coin and say do you really want to do that for a guy who has proven he can't stay healthy? I know teams and fans get caught up in the moment but is this the guy you really want to invest your future in? If so, buyer beware. Bayern thought Robben's issues would magically go away and he's been terribly unreliable outside the one season he stayed healthy.

IT's really a tough decision for Arsenal and while he's an awesome player this situation is not black and white. I mean they really have accomplished nothing with him and who knows what would have happened had they had a guy who stays healthy and bags goals year in and year out and is someone they could count on like a Rooney, Drogba, Villa, Eto'o, Ibra etc etc because thats the kind of money he's going to want.

who said he was asking for a rise in wage?

Are you simple or something? Do you think he's going to sign a contract extension and say just pay me what I've been getting. I don't know if thats ever happened before in the history of football. I swear to god, 70% of the people on this site must be under the age of 15.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:26 pm

dnmac4 wrote:
imalegend wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:RVP is proving he deserves the kind of contract he is asking for. Why do some people think he's too good for Arsenal because he has managed to stay healthy for about a year.

I think that some people on here forget the return Arsenal have received from him in the past as he has scored 20 goals in 2 out of 8 seasons and he has only played in 40 games in a season twice again out of 8 seasons not to mention he has never scored 20 goals in the EPL before in fact his best return in the EPL is 18 once and after that it's 11twice and the other 4 seasons he's been in single digits for goals. That is the definition of unreliability and Arsenal have always stood by him.

If he stays healthy and has 3 good seasons out of 8 he better not get a big head and leave as he owes Arsenal more then he has given them and remember that means he would have to stay healthy this year which if anyone is predicting he doesn't miss a big part of the season then there really just ignoring all facts and reason and putting there fanboy hat on.

If Arsenal want to keep him they are going to have to break there wage structure by a pretty big margin and I'll take the other side of the coin and say do you really want to do that for a guy who has proven he can't stay healthy? I know teams and fans get caught up in the moment but is this the guy you really want to invest your future in? If so, buyer beware. Bayern thought Robben's issues would magically go away and he's been terribly unreliable outside the one season he stayed healthy.

IT's really a tough decision for Arsenal and while he's an awesome player this situation is not black and white. I mean they really have accomplished nothing with him and who knows what would have happened had they had a guy who stays healthy and bags goals year in and year out and is someone they could count on like a Rooney, Drogba, Villa, Eto'o, Ibra etc etc because thats the kind of money he's going to want.

Are you simple or something? Do you think he's going to sign a contract extension and say just pay me what I've been getting. I don't know if thats ever happened before in the history of football. I swear to god, 70% of the people on this site must be under the age of 15.
Milan signed extensions for 1/2 the wages. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:40 pm

So do you think thats what Van Persie is going to do?
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:49 pm

No, but some players do it for more than the money.

Riquilme forfeited a Season's wages for Poca because he was injured most season.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:56 pm

Did any players of note do that?

Aging over-rateds don't count
Artemis
Artemis
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:07 pm

dnmac4 wrote:
imalegend wrote:

Are you spoiled or something? Do you think everyone only cares about money, if he wanted money he would left a long time ago. and yes many players have taken a pay cut to play for team they like. I swear to god, some of the people on this site must be spoon fed by hundreds of nannies while their parents are off in their yachts, they act like they are billionaires .

RVP comes from a good background.. he mom is a painter and jewelry designerand his dad is a sculptor
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:22 am

imalegend wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:
imalegend wrote:

Are you spoiled or something? Do you think everyone only cares about money, if he wanted money he would left a long time ago. and yes many players have taken a pay cut to play for team they like. I swear to god, some of the people on this site must be spoon fed by hundreds of nannies while their parents are off in their yachts, they act like they are billionaires .

RVP comes from a good background.. he mom is a painter and jewelry designerand his dad is a sculptor

So answer the question. Do you think he's not going for a raise? He would be stupid not to and out of line. He is playing like one of the best strikers in Europe right now and his agent, parents, friends and anyone with a brain in there head will tell him he should be paid like one of the best strikers in Europe.

It's not being greedy to be compensated at the level of your peers, and people who grow up well off are usually more greedy then people who don't come from money so who cares what profession his parents had, this is why I think some of these posters are like 15 years old, they have no sense of reality saying things like he grew up well off so he doesn't care about his salary.

He is not any less commited to Arsenal if he wants to be paid like he should nor is he greedy. This isn't fantasyland, it's the real world and he has every right to ask for a BIG raise when he resigns with the team, and if they don't think he's worth it they can let him walk, it's called the real world. Try living in it when you grow up.

As for him leaving a long time ago, that's not true. Teams were not throwing around the wages like they are today a long time ago and he was not performing like this a long time ago either so he really couldn't demand top striker wages as he simply was not a top striker. Why is this so hard to understand, go take a economics class or go get a job and see how happy you are when the guy next to you who is half as good at his job is earning more money then you and see how happy you are at the end of the day if you come from money or not.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:26 am

Artemis wrote:Did any players of note do that?

Thank you. There are exceptions to every rule, and Lord Spencer you do this all the time. Everyone knows he is going to get a raise so does it make you happy to point out this one odd situation where it didn't happen? No one said he is less commited if he wants more money, and he's not. HE's going to get paid what he's worth, there is nothing wrong with that.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:58 am

dnmac4 wrote:
Artemis wrote:Did any players of note do that?

Thank you. There are exceptions to every rule, and Lord Spencer you do this all the time. Everyone knows he is going to get a raise so does it make you happy to point out this one odd situation where it didn't happen? No one said he is less commited if he wants more money, and he's not. HE's going to get paid what he's worth, there is nothing wrong with that.

I just gave attention to the exception.

Its there, and players take that path sometimes. Inzaghi gets paid as a rockie because he still wants to be in Milan. And he doesn't mind that.

Not every player thinks the same, some seriously don't give a frak about trophies, money or anything. Socrates donated all of his money to charity in Brazil and lived off his work as a medical doctor. There are many exceptions to the rule in this case, and I myself like those exceptions much more than the rule.

I didn't say he is not getting a raise, that was another poster mate.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:58 am

Lord Spencer wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:
RealGunner wrote:So every talented player should move to a top club? Van persie is too good for arsenal. - Page 6 1625187496

well every talented players moves to a top club eventually.Thats a fact.

If u dont think so could u list a top player at his prime who is staying at his club which hasnt played in CL for 3 consecutive years?

Lavezzi and Hamsik played 3 years for Napoli before this year.

Also when should I look for this. Last 5 years or last 10 or last 20.
Because last 5 is not a good sample to make a conclusion out off and there are plenty world class players who stayed with their clubs through thick and thin in the last 20.

U really cant say lavezzi and Hamsik were top players 3 -4 years ago.And do u really believe they will stay with Napoli if they arent in CL for next 3-4 years? Infact Lavezzi is already making noises of moving away from Napoli.Also didnt Hamsik say it would be a dream to play for Milan in last june ?

Only since CL came into existence.The CL had made football change a lot in last 10-12 years imho.

They were courted heavily by all three clubs in the last 3 years, the Hamsik quote was newspaper talk, and Lavezzi is the only one putting some noise.

@Baresi, I apolagaize if I misunderstood you, but now you can't be misunderstood since we cleared all this up so its a win-win cheers

Again how much did any club bid for Lavezzi or Hamsik if they were courted for three years.Not these paper rumors but some reliable sources.

WHich clubs Lavezzi and Hamsik refused 3 years ago when Napoli where not in CL.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:22 pm

"Its there, and players take that path sometimes. Inzaghi gets paid as a rockie because he still wants to be in Milan. And he doesn't mind that."

Inzaghi gets paid like a rookie because no top club would accept in him in their line-up
Artemis
Artemis
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:39 pm

Artemis wrote:"Its there, and players take that path sometimes. Inzaghi gets paid as a rockie because he still wants to be in Milan. And he doesn't mind that."

Inzaghi gets paid like a rookie because no top club would accept in him in their line-up

Inzaghi was courted by Russian clubs two years ago, but he chose to stay with Milan and lower his salary.

Also, I am sure Juve, Inter, would like to have a reliable striker as back up. Not because your old means you don't have it anymore.

@BG, you know it is very hard to separate the rumors from the truth. But the fact is that Inter courted Lavezzi the last two years and they got a huge NO from Napoli. And the moment the Hamsik rumors surfaced for Milan, De Laurentus started trolling us hard.

Mostly, Napoli refused. As Napoli have a strict rule, and if any Hamsik or Lavezzi started dping a Rooney they would find themselves int the reserves. The general thing in Italy is that clubs makes these decesions as player power < manager power. So there will not be any reports of players refusing to go, but the club refusing to sell, and since transactions start verbally in Italy and Napoli breaks away from that point all that is available is verbal courtship.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:48 pm

What's the point of this troll thread? If van Persie is too good for Arsenal then Messi is too good for Barcelona, Ronaldo is too good for Real Madrid etc. He's our best player and i'm happy he's with us, apparently this 16 years old Milanfan is jealous lol.

...I just hope our board offers him a better contract financially because he deserves it.

Last edited by urbaNRoots on Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next