lszanto
El Chelsea Fuerte
23 posters

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Ramires Santos Do Nascimento Empty Ramires Santos Do Nascimento

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:58 am

IMO he's been our best player so far.

The difference in performances for Ancelloti and with Villas-Boas is unbelievable for the lad. Last season he made good performances, but nothing like what he is doing now.

With Villas-Boas letting him be much more of himself by playing him up on the pitch and not restricting him to a particular area, along with playing a fast(er) game now, Ramires has been able to get forward and move into the opposition box and at times be ahead of the strikers, while at the same time use his stamina to tract back and stop any opposition moves with ease. Also with the fact that he has won nearly every 50/50 ball, he is probably the best pure box to box midfielder out there.

Of course the technique-is-everything brigade like to point out that he isn't creative and can't pass like Xavi, but no one needs that when you have this exceptional B2B midfielder who does just about everything on the pitch.

At first I doubted whether he should retain his spot when we lacked creativity, but kudos to him for proving me wrong and being arguably Chelsea's best player thus far. :bow:

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Ramires Santos Do Nascimento Empty Re: Ramires Santos Do Nascimento

Post by lszanto Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:06 am

I've been up and down with him. I was just so angry with his performance against Manchester with how he played but he's been surpurb for the most part, a tireless worker and can dribble and looks to be learning to score a bit more with late runs etc. Definetly improved his finishing imo and is developing good links with most players.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:13 am

always been a big fan of his, if he can maintain the form hes hitting now and continue to adapt to AVBs style of play it could be the end of essiens days at chelsea
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Fenomeno Vero Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:51 am

fatman123 wrote:always been a big fan of his, if he can maintain the form hes hitting now and continue to adapt to AVBs style of play it could be the end of essiens days at chelsea

gaah FERNANDO > Ramries + Essien + Mikel

Ramires Santos Do Nascimento Samir_nasri_arsenal_fernando_porto_fc_porto_21_arsenal_uefa_champions_league_first_knock-out_round_1st_leg_estadio_do_dragao_porto_portugal_17_2_2010_credit_stuart_macfarlane_arsenal_1961423
Il Fenomeno Vero
Il Fenomeno Vero
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:55 am

Il Fenomeno Vero wrote:
fatman123 wrote:always been a big fan of his, if he can maintain the form hes hitting now and continue to adapt to AVBs style of play it could be the end of essiens days at chelsea

gaah FERNANDO > Ramries + Essien + Mikel

Ramires Santos Do Nascimento Samir_nasri_arsenal_fernando_porto_fc_porto_21_arsenal_uefa_champions_league_first_knock-out_round_1st_leg_estadio_do_dragao_porto_portugal_17_2_2010_credit_stuart_macfarlane_arsenal_1961423

i dont understaaaaaaaand his behaviour, i think he wants to leave the club, he keeps saying dumb things to the media, i dont understaaaaand why he would do this. i think benfica the unethical scum have something to do with this because fernando would just leave us like that, he too ethical to do that
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:21 pm

Ramires when I first saw him I was worried about his build and he proper pissed me off, but since 2011 he has impressed me so much.

I wonder how Essien is gonna come back because if he doesn't turn back to the old Mourinho days he'll have to make do on the bench or tussling with Mikel for the DM role.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:37 pm

I don't think I need to tell you how much of a fan I am of his.

My favourite players:
Mata > Ramires > McEachran > Sturridge.

I have been saying how amazing he is for ages but no one listened to me for a long time.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:44 pm

Mata already is your #1? Surprised

I kinda know the feeling with Luiz though, and since you love Ram so much I'll gift you with an epic avatar soonish ⭐
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:03 pm

I had a ramires avatar for ages, and yes, Mata is already my Favourite player Smile
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:47 pm

When comparing him to Essien, he has to continue his performances if he wants to be remembered like him, but the one thing that is clear is that Essien was much more suited to Mourinho and Ramires is much more suited to Villas-Boas.

lszanto wrote:I've been up and down with him. I was just so angry with his performance against Manchester with how he played but he's been surpurb for the most part, a tireless worker and can dribble and looks to be learning to score a bit more with late runs etc. Definetly improved his finishing imo and is developing good links with most players.

Ramires was actually very good against Manchester United. Of course excluding that one mistake when he should have let Sturridge run at it but Sturridge isn't exactly unselfish himself. banana

Also proves that he is willing to take more risks than last season, which is a good thing.

Ade wrote:I kinda know the feeling with Luiz though, and since you love Ram so much I'll gift you with an epic avatar soonish ⭐

Meh my Ramires signature is the coolest. :coffee:

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:55 pm

english_jewel wrote:
lszanto wrote:I've been up and down with him. I was just so angry with his performance against Manchester with how he played but he's been surpurb for the most part, a tireless worker and can dribble and looks to be learning to score a bit more with late runs etc. Definetly improved his finishing imo and is developing good links with most players.

Ramires was actually very good against Manchester United. Of course excluding that one mistake when he should have let Sturridge run at it but Sturridge isn't exactly unselfish himself. banana

Also proves that he is willing to take more risks than last season, which is a good thing.

I disagree, he constantly gave the ball away at vital times I thought. The penalty came from a mistake from Ramires from memory. Also I was annoyed cause we could've beaten manu or at least drawn, that would've brought us 1-1 and we were dominating the game at that point, before Nani's fluke.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:18 pm

lszanto wrote:
english_jewel wrote:

I disagree, he constantly gave the ball away at vital times I thought. The penalty came from a mistake from Ramires from memory. Also I was annoyed cause we could've beaten manu or at least drawn, that would've brought us 1-1 and we were dominating the game at that point, before Nani's fluke.

Well we could also blame Torres for the loss....I still think the only game he had below his standards was the game against Bolton.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:19 pm

Anyone noticed he's barely involved in our build-up play this season? Usually a CM in a 3 man midfield in PL makes about 30-40 passes per game but he's averaging around 20 for us.

AVB has used his strengths very well this season if only he could finish though. :/
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:37 pm

Ramires finishing is too inconsistant, he can score but not every time.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:20 pm

Gil wrote:Anyone noticed he's barely involved in our build-up play this season? Usually a CM in a 3 man midfield in PL makes about 30-40 passes per game but he's averaging around 20 for us.

AVB has used his strengths very well this season if only he could finish though. :/
hes a box to box CM,not the normal CM like Modric or Xavi,Lampard is supposed to have that role
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:38 pm

english_jewel wrote:IMO he's been our best player so far.

The difference in performances for Ancelloti and with Villas-Boas is unbelievable for the lad. Last season he made good performances, but nothing like what he is doing now.

With Villas-Boas letting him be much more of himself by playing him up on the pitch and not restricting him to a particular area, along with playing a fast(er) game now, Ramires has been able to get forward and move into the opposition box and at times be ahead of the strikers, while at the same time use his stamina to tract back and stop any opposition moves with ease. Also with the fact that he has won nearly every 50/50 ball, he is probably the best pure box to box midfielder out there.

Of course the technique-is-everything brigade like to point out that he isn't creative and can't pass like Xavi, but no one needs that when you have this exceptional B2B midfielder who does just about everything on the pitch.

At first I doubted whether he should retain his spot when we lacked creativity, but kudos to him for proving me wrong and being arguably Chelsea's best player thus far. :bow:

I feel like Mata, Bosingwa, Anelka, Sturridge, and Meireles all have been better. Ramires has been sold but he is not a game changer, i personally think a midfield of Mikel, Meireles, and Lampard would be better.

I personally thought he was better last season, i don't like to see him up forward that much like this season. I would prefer to see Meireles and Lampard in more advanced role. Ramires doesn't have the passing, playmaking or the goal scoring ability to play that advanced on the pitch.

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:50 am

Blue wrote:

I feel like Mata, Bosingwa, Anelka, Sturridge, and Meireles all have been better. Ramires has been sold but he is not a game changer, i personally think a midfield of Mikel, Meireles, and Lampard would be better.

I personally thought he was better last season, i don't like to see him up forward that much like this season. I would prefer to see Meireles and Lampard in more advanced role. Ramires doesn't have the passing, playmaking or the goal scoring ability to play that advanced on the pitch.

Mata could well be better overall but Anelka and Sturridge have not played enough or been consistant enough to rival Ramres. Bosingwa has still been poor in defence and Meireles has not been as good as Ramires IMO.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:10 pm

kick mars wrote:
Blue wrote:

Mata could well be better overall but Anelka and Sturridge have not played enough or been consistant enough to rival Ramres. Bosingwa has still been poor in defence and Meireles has not been as good as Ramires IMO.

Mata and Sturridge are clearly more important and contribute a lot more then Ramires, I don't think it is even close.

Anelka and Bosingwa are on the same level as Ramires, i'll say that.

I could argue that Meireles is far more important to the team play then Ramires, not saying Meireles is better then Ramires but the things Meireles provide like his passing is more needed then Ramires.

Mikel does his job very well as good as Ramires imo, but that is a controversial opinion.

I really am frustrated with Ramires, i don't know why he takes so many shots on goal, when clearly he is horrible at it. Loses the ball way too much in critical situation.

i would like to see Mikel-Meireles-Lampard midfield against Genk.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:10 am

I believe the Genk game further shows that Meireles should not play as a holding midfielder but should play in Ramires role. He was absolutely brilliant in the RCM role against Genk.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:53 am

Romeu did well enough to prove Meireles isn't needed there as well.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:56 am

Meh who cares if Meireles is better than Ramires or vice versa. Like Villas-Boas would say, what more importantly matters is that we have these players which means a strong squad quality and depth :bow:

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:15 am

You have a point.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:56 am

Anyone know about the Zero Force Members in beams and structures? Ramires is like that, you wont really notice the importance until he is not there...
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:07 am

Yeah, I think he going to be missed.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:57 pm

kick mars wrote:Romeu did well enough to prove Meireles isn't needed there as well.

You can play Meireles as a holding midfielder against some teams, but he will fail there against the upper tier teams like ManU, ManC, and Pool. You need Mikel or Romeu in that position.

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next