McAgger
poolsupporter
Le Samourai
Art Morte
9 posters

Go down

Next 6 Games Empty Next 6 Games

Post by Guest Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:17 pm

So guys, we've got off to a good start, and eased our way past the second round of CC. Things are only getting better as Kelly's injury isn't serious, Johnson is back in trainings, Gerrard is hopefully of playing in 2 weeks, and Bellamy will be joining us. But Looking at our next 6 games, they are very tricky and if we can pass this stren test, we could be in for a belting season. Take a look:

Sept 10: @ Stoke
Sept 18: @ Spurs
Sept 20: @ Brighton & Hove (Championship leaders, eliminated Sunderland the previous round)
Sept 24: vs Wolves
Oct 1: @ Everton
Oct 15: vs Manchester United

-------------
-------------

Our next 2 league games, we go to places that we have been absolutely dire at in the past 3 years. Hopefully we can end our curse like we did at Emarites, but Stoke will have a nice rest, and the good feel factor due to their signings. Spurs will be like a wounded animal against us. Then 2 days after an anticipated game 2 WHL, we travel to face Vicente's new club, and one of the most in form teams in the land. It won't be an easy game at all. Wolves fixture is sandwiched in the middle, they are a good team this year, but I won't worry about that game. and then we'll have 2 games in a row vs our traditional rivals.

If we can go to sleep on night of October 15, with 18-20 points in the league, and in 4th round of Carling Cup, I'd predict a fantastic season for us. Very though month ahead. I a sure avoiding an injury crisis, we are up for it.

Back to top Go down

Next 6 Games Empty Re: Next 6 Games

Post by Art Morte Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:07 pm

@ Stoke - - - They lost only five times at home last season, I'll be fine with a draw but am quietly confident we'll come away with three points (or is it quiet confidence now that I've said it).

@ Tottenham - - - Well, they lost just once at WHL last season, won 9 drew 9. Van der Vaart won't play and after City's visit they've already lost once at their own ground. I don't know what to expect from this one.

@ Brighton - - - They really are in-form and have made themselves at home at their new stadium right from the beginning. But if we field a strong team we should win.

vs Wolves - - - They've started well, but we will win quite comfortably.

@ Everton - - - Win.

vs Manc United - - - Even though it's at Anfield, I think this is the fixture out of these six we are the likeliest to lose. We'll see how it goes.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:50 pm

I don't think we'll lose to United.Liverpool for the most part have had a great record against them at ainfield , even in recent times , except last year of course.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:33 pm

ragbirjosh wrote:I don't think we'll lose to United.Liverpool for the most part have had a great record against them at ainfield , even in recent times , except last year of course.

Beat them at home last year. Kuyt had the hat-trick where Suarez did all the hard work. Not to forget Nani's beautiful header back, haha. We nearly came back away from home through Gerrard, but Berbatov was on fire that day.

I do think we can beat them though. However, how they perform up to the game will let us know just how good they are. They've been brilliant so far this season.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:03 am

Man u are in a different world this year tbh....but we have improved immensely, so it'll depend on whose playing they're best during the game and who wants to win it more
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:49 am

@ Stoke - win or draw
@ Spurs - win or draw
@ Brighton & Hove - Win at a canter
vs Wolves - Win
@ Everton - win
vs Manchester United - Up in the air, but I think we definitely have a chance of winning.

People are getting really caught up in United's hype while forgetting they've yet to play against a side that actually gave them a go. West Brom and Citeh came closest and both games only ended in United's favour due to opposition mistakes (a bit like our win against Arsenal). Spuds were lacking in fitness and Le'Arse were a disaster at the time.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:35 pm

tbh, Man U at home is one of the games I worry least for, since we'll be 100% up for it and Kenny will get the guys up to the fight. Most of the times, that Mancs easily beat their opponents is due to psychological fear of opposition that give up the game before it even starts. Especially at OT, it's a non-existent factor in derbies, and at Anfield we've been beating them lately.

To me, the trickiest fixtures are Stoke and Spurs away..and Brighton when we only have 2 days of rest. Saturday game vs Stoke is massive...this is the type of game, that title challengers and champions win, and we've failed to do so. Massive test for our new team!

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:22 am

Sepi wrote:tbh, Man U at home is one of the games I worry least for, since we'll be 100% up for it and Kenny will get the guys up to the fight. Most of the times, that Mancs easily beat their opponents is due to psychological fear of opposition that give up the game before it even starts. Especially at OT, it's a non-existent factor in derbies, and at Anfield we've been beating them lately.

To me, the trickiest fixtures are Stoke and Spurs away..and Brighton when we only have 2 days of rest. Saturday game vs Stoke is massive...this is the type of game, that title challengers and champions win, and we've failed to do so. Massive test for our new team!

We are not title challengers or champions at this stage of rebuilding of our squad imo.We have a fair to go for that.We are challenging for top 4 and favourites for it at the moment.

I think a win at stoke and draw at Spurs will set us up for the season nicely imo.Hopefully we put out a strong team and ease past Brighton comfortably.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:53 am

Should get 10 points minimum from this fixture if we wish to keep our CL spot running..
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:54 am

One game at a time.

And we'll beat the Mancs at Anfield.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:55 am

5 more days until Stoke Sad
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:17 am

Stoke will be a hard fixture. It'll be a hard physical game, but I see us coming with a scrappy victory. Would be interesting to see if Coates plays or not. Jamie isn't that great in the air, and with him declining, his physical traits will come down. (I'm currently on FM.) Razz

A win at WHL is a must, for confidence reasons. Also for revenge. How many times have we dominated games against Spurs only for them to hit us on the counter and out of no where win the game? Really pisses me off.

If we come out of 6 points in our next 2 games, I see us as a threat to any team. We could also title challenge. I mean, the likes of both Mancs, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs will all be in Europe. Bar both Mancs, the other 3 teams don't have the greatest of depth and could find it difficult if they go the quarters or further in the CL. Or in Spurs case, Europa.

Also be interesting if we take the Carling Cup serious. I mean, 2 days seperating the game would mean resting players at WHL, and I find the BPL way more important. We havn't won a trophy in a while though.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:19 am

If Rory Delap plays for Stoke, I think we should start with Coates.....Those long throw-ins will cause trouble for the aging Carragher....Having our giant Coates would be a relief for Reina I'm sure.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:25 am

I really don't think Kenny will throw Coates in at the deep end so soon after his joining up and without playing a single minute for us yet. I'd start Skrtel Agger against Stoke if they're fit.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:01 am

JINX
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:39 pm

What's between October 1 & 15!!! International games!!!
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down