Red Alert
Art Morte
DeletedUser#1
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Next 6 Away games Empty Next 6 Away games

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:50 pm

How many points do you think we'll need from our next 6 Away games to still be in and around top come the new years? So far we've assembled 2 wins and 2 draws from our 4 away games.

@ Arsenal- Nov 2
@ Everton- Nov 23
@ Hull- Dec 1
@ Spurs- Dec 15
@ City- Dec 26
@ Chelsea- Dec 29

Shocked

I think if we manager 10 points from these 6 away fixtures, we'll be in a fantastic position. It's good to we play ALL the top teams (cept Saints and Man U) at HOME in second half of the season.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Next 6 Away games Empty Re: Next 6 Away games

Post by Art Morte Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:30 pm

Nice thread, I didn't realise we have it so tough on the road coming up... Even Hull, they've been doing great for a promoted team. On the other hand I've had this feeling that we've got away with some very average performances and that the time must come when we need to step up our game if we want to keep on gathering points.

That road games schedule looks like a real test where we could make or break our season in at least a small way.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:41 am

One game at a time.

I think 3 points at the Emirates is possible if you take into account of their fixtures around it.

They have a league cup game against Chelsea, then come up against us, then a massive tie against Dortmund and then United (in the league) after that. They're going to have rest some players at some point. We're probably the "weakest" in Wenger's eyes so I think we'll get the weakest starting XI from those 4 games.

They also looked very tired after the Crystal Palace game. The game can potentially be ours for the taken imo.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:52 am

These six away games are only part of the nine (or is it 10) games we have in Nov-Dec. Add to that some very important World Cup ties.

We will be stretched to the very limits. The seven dropped points already begining to tell (on me). If we are to have any chance of making to T4, we must be within T4 by end of 2013. We have the weakest squad among the T4 contenders.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:30 am

With ynwa on this one, one game at a time. Unless suarez and sturridge both play bad on the same day, we are going to have very good chances of beating shite out of any team in top 6 (i mean squad strnegth wise). If coutinho plays 60-70% of his best in few of these matches, we (suarez, sturridge and coutinho) will be immense for any defense to handle.

But 10 points from these games look too much to get right now. Even Hull managed almost a draw against spurs so we never know what will happen; but then what do I know what is coming. Spurs squad was overhyped so much and actually is still overhyped saying that defense is great and so they are winning matches, then what exactly happened when west ham cruised 3-0 Laughing

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:20 pm

I'll be happy with a 6.. 1 win, 3 draws, 2 losses.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:54 pm

Would anyone like to do a wee bit of research and figure out how many points we took from the corresponding matches in recent seasons? It might give us a better basis to judge from.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:12 pm

Last season we got 5 points from those fixtures. 5 draws and 1 loss. Surely we can't possibly do as bad as last season.

*I counted Reading for Hull
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:14 pm

If I remember correctly: only away games, last season

Spurs 0 points
Arsenal 1 p
Man U- 0p
Man City-1
Everton-1p
Chelsea-1p

But then we had lost at home to ManU last season and this time we had three points. So many things changed this time, there is no Bale also; so we never know except we are expcted to win against Hull.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:21 pm

I don't like this thread at all. I'm actually fine with doing previews of a batch of matches and look ahead to predict our fortunes, but what I don't like here in particular is the fact that it only looks at away matches.

We're playing Fulham, Norwich, West Ham, and Cardiff at home in that space of time as well which would determine our form, injuries, morale just as much.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:25 pm

probably just change the title of the thread :coffee:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:09 pm

Okay so we have 20 points in 10 matches which is exactly what we should be aiming for.

I think our goal should be to get to 40 points by 20 games.
That's average of 2 points per game which guarantees CL.

Basically in the next 10 matches we need the same record we have in the first 10 matches. 6 wins, 2 draws, 2 losses.

Next 10 matches:

v. Fulham
@ Everton
@ Hull City
v. Norwich
v. West Ham
@ Tottenham
v. Cardiff
@ Man City
@ Chelsea
v. Hull City

I can definitely see us winning 6 there. Fulham, Hull City x 2, Norwich, West Ham, and Cardiff. No room for error.

And then we'll need 2 draws from the other 4 big games. Which is definitely doable. And if we mess up one of the 6 matches then we'll have to win one of these.

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:47 am

Need to smash Fulham. They're a mess right now. A win there will bring confidence back as we're still really on the top as much as that Arsenal defeat hurts us.

Also McAgger, I think you're going to be surprised at Hull City away. They're actually quite good at home, they're just loosing points because of the games played away from home. They're only 2 games behind us, but have lost all (or most) of their games on the road.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:16 am

To be completely honest any team can surprise us, but on paper you would expect us to beat Hull City home and away.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:30 am

We wouldn't finish top 4 if football was played on paper.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:33 am

No one says football is played on paper. But would you not count Liverpool as favorites against Hull City no matter which venue they play in?

I can assure you that Hull City will be in the relegation battle come the end of the season. They might survive but they will be in it knee deep.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:37 am

Hull will finish 10-15th.

They'll have a Norwich like first season. They're actually pretty good lol.

In theory, Liverpool should beat Hull. But football isn't played like that. Hull is quite solid at home. It won't be a stroll in the park is all I'm suggesting.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:28 am

McAgger wrote:No one says football is played on paper. But would you not count Liverpool as favorites against Hull City no matter which venue they play in?

I can assure you that Hull City will be in the relegation battle come the end of the season. They might survive but they will be in it knee deep.
Steve Bruce is a good manager.. always rated him. Don't underestimate them bro, lol. It's the worst thing the team can do as well. They're the only team out of the currently promoted ones who have a legit chance of staying up.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:36 am

I agree with McY that we are expected to win against Hull, dont care on paper/pitch shyte...we must grind out the result. This is the game where we should play 3-5-2 crap

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:00 am

ExtremistEnigma wrote:
McAgger wrote:No one says football is played on paper. But would you not count Liverpool as favorites against Hull City no matter which venue they play in?

Steve Bruce is a good manager.. always rated him. Don't underestimate them bro, lol. It's the worst thing the team can do as well. They're the only team out of the currently promoted ones who have a legit chance of staying up.
Seriously McAgger if I see you getting complacent out there on the pitch I'm going to be very upset about it.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:07 am

stevieg8 wrote:
ExtremistEnigma wrote:

Seriously McAgger if I see you getting complacent out there on the pitch I'm going to be very upset about it.
o.O?
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:12 am

Stev Thumbs up

The idea that fans talking up their teams chances somehow makes the team itself be complacent is laughable.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:18 am

I meant Liverpool, the manager, the players, should not underestimate Hull City just because they're newly promoted. We all know the things we're capable of when we become complacent and underestimate our opponents.

The way I see it, you guys believe that Hull City is a Sunday league football team.. which they clearly aren't. On their day, they WILL put up a fight. They were literally dominating Man City at the Etihad in the first half ffs.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:05 am

Let's just beat Fulham first, eh?
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:30 am

We have no business finishing in the top 4, if we can't even beat Hull freaking City home and away.

those are the type of games we must win, as we'll lose to most of top teams due to our dogshit midfield anyways.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next