BeautifulGame
RedOranje
mr-r34
36 posters

Page 4 of 42 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23 ... 42  Next

Go down

Our Squad - Page 4 Empty Re: Our Squad

Post by Fahim89 Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:11 pm

Irish_Catalan_Scouser wrote:Defenders: If Enrique plays like he did the first half of last season I would be confident in our full backs, but this remains to be seen.

DUDE ! ! Didn't you hear about the new LWB we signed! ! ! Shocked

Stewart Downing rofl

Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:55 am

Another top class interview from BR. .

He talks about how he is looking into go forward for the rest of the season.

Highlights for me he talks about Raheem's development & the opportunity that youngsters like 'Suso' may get due to our lack senior frontline players :bow:

ooooooooooooooooooo & the finishing he delivers :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

A must watch!!!!!!!! :bow:

Edit: Red would request you to please edit the link to the first video. . .
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:04 am

I'm not Red, but... Video fixed Very Happy
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:15 am

Our Squad - Page 4 Football-turnover-001

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/may/23/premier-league-accounts-profit-debt

The wage bill in 2010/11 (2 seasons ago) was 135m.
It'll be interesting to see how much that continued to drop with all the outs this past window and the window before.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:39 am

rwo power wrote:I'm not Red, but... Video fixed Very Happy

thanks mate. . . Thumbs up
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:46 am

Fahim89 wrote:

Rwo is a girl Fahim Our Squad - Page 4 123n7r .....mate wouldn't be suited Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:48 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:
Fahim89 wrote:

Rwo is a girl Fahim Our Squad - Page 4 123n7r .....mate wouldn't be suited Laughing

OUCH!!! affraid :brickwall:

@rwo: my lady sorry for my utter stupidity & ignorance towards the general section! Do accept my whole heated apologizes . . . Sad
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:46 pm

Fahim89 wrote:OUCH!!! affraid :brickwall:

@rwo: my lady sorry for my utter stupidity & ignorance towards the general section! Do accept my whole heated apologizes . . . Sad
*giggle* No problem. So I guess you haven't read me swooning over a certain cute goalkeeper as that prolly would have given me away right away Very Happy (BTW, you find me also in the "Rest of the World", "International" and "Bayern München" sections plus in the chat.)
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:55 pm

Well, I neither had any idea Rwo is female :facepalm:
In my defence I'll say that a woman shouldn't have such a masculine word in her username as "power" :coffee:
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:26 pm

Art Morte wrote:Well, I neither had any idea Rwo is female :facepalm:
In my defence I'll say that a woman shouldn't have such a masculine word in her username as "power" :coffee:
Well, I'm flattered. After all it means you must have taken me serious when talking about football stuff Razz

As for the "power" thing... In the German language, "power" (as "die Kraft" / "die Energie" / "die Macht"...) always has female gender. ^^

rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:27 pm

rwo power wrote:
Fahim89 wrote:OUCH!!! affraid :brickwall:

*giggle* No problem. So I guess you haven't read me swooning over a certain cute goalkeeper as that prolly would have given me away right away Very Happy (BTW, you find me also in the "Rest of the World", "International" and "Bayern München" sections plus in the chat.)

I should definitely catch up more with u people in the other sections!
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:34 pm

Fahim89 wrote:I should definitely catch up more with u people in the other sections!
Come to the dark side! We have cookies! Razz
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:38 pm

Art Morte wrote:Well, I neither had any idea Rwo is female :facepalm:

So is "PoweroftheAlmightyUterus" too masculine for a woman to use? Very Happy
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:59 pm

sorry to ruin the party :coffee:
.....................Borini

Sterling..........Suarez..........Gerratd

.................Sahin........Allen

what do you think?

It is clearly a 4411 since Suarez dont know how to play the Am role and will play as a SS mostly . Midfield control will not be very good but Pool can sure as hell attack better with this formation i think
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:13 pm

Adit wrote:sorry to ruin the party :coffee:

what do you think?

It is clearly a 4411 since Suarez dont know how to play the Am role and will play as a SS mostly . Midfield control will not be very good but Pool can sure as hell attack better with this formation i think

I personally don't like this. it's very prone to counterattacks and we'll get dominated in the middle by teams playing with 3 CMs. Gerrard at 28 on the right was a great idea, Gerrard at 32 on the right is a bad choice. He doesn't have the pace or the legs these days.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:03 pm

Shocked Enrique is BALD!!!

Our Squad - Page 4 A1-DxpuCQAEQTXz
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:30 am

Heh, heh, heh...I know rwo is a female. When she became super moderator there was a post in general section where it was mentioned.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:23 pm

Adit wrote:sorry to ruin the party :coffee:

what do you think?

You're right. It is more attacking, and I wouldn't be totally averse to seeing it used. That said, I doubt we will see those assignments with Rodgers at the helm.

That lineup is very similar to what Manchester City played last season (especially if you look at the formations once Tevez returned from his golfing holiday).
(Warning: these comparisons are made regarding player role, not player skill…)
Borini = Aguero
Sterling = Nasri
Suarez = Tevez
Gerrard = Milner
Sahin and Allen =/= Toure and Barry (Sahin and Lucas might be closer…)

In any case, barring the CMs, it’s somewhat similar. The difference is that ManCity plays a quicker, counterattacking style. The player assignments are more suited to that. It’s designed to break up play, advance the ball quickly to the outside, and allow the wide-AMs to play in the strikers. Rodgers’s variations on the 4-3-3 are designed to retain possession, the central tenet of his approach to the game. It’s intended to optimize the creation of passing triangles and occupy his 8 zones on the pitch. This system doesn’t use two central forwards, because they occupy the same area on the pitch and do the same job. The thinking is that another CM helps to retain possession better, allowing you to work the ball and create a better chance. We’re just not taking the chances and being a little too impatient right now.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:13 am

Is the AM role not the SS role? If anything, that's the position Suarez excels in after the "inside forward" position on either flank.

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:37 am

You all should listen to the latest BR Interview where he gives some light to what position Suarez would be playing . . . anyhow apart from that the interview is a MUST LISTEN MUST READ & what not! :bow:
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:04 pm

Just a hypothetical question.

Say Benzema suddenly became available for 30-40 million Euros would that be a transfer you feel the club should pursue?.

There would be strings attached , he's not a fussy player but I think most of all he would just want the entire attack to flow through him.

I think with Suarez...it's interesting , they play similar roles but stylistically are very different, Suarez movement is more aggressive and ruthless so they would fit but they would still need a goalscorer alongside them.

I think he would improve within Rodgers setup, I say that with alot of confidence , but my conjecture about what he would do will obviously be biased.

So yea, taking into account cost and what you've seen of him do you think it would be a sensible buy.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:39 pm

Le Samourai wrote:Just a hypothetical question.

Say Benzema suddenly became available for 30-40 million Euros would that be a transfer you feel the club should pursue?.

There would be strings attached , he's not a fussy player but I think most of all he would just want the entire attack to flow through him.

I think with Suarez...it's interesting , they play similar roles but stylistically are very different, Suarez movement is more aggressive and ruthless so they would fit but they would still need a goalscorer alongside them.

I think he would improve within Rodgers setup, I say that with alot of confidence , but my conjecture about what he would do will obviously be biased.

So yea, taking into account cost and what you've seen of him do you think it would be a sensible buy.

He wouldn't downgrade his career so much as moving to a non-CL club. If it was realistic to get Benzema, yeah, I'd welcome him, but it's not.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:16 pm

Josh I understand where you're coming from. If Madrid lose either Benz or Higgy next summer, I hope whichever of them leaves comes to Anfield.

Obviously it seems very far fetched for either of Karim or Gonzalo to end up here, that's why I'd be more than happy with Jovetic and Pukki :bow: :bow:

But hypothetically speaking, should Benzema move to Liverpool, I think he'll improve our lacking attack big time. We need a one-two punch in our attack, with Suarez being the first threat and Benz/Jovetic the second threat. This way our attack will never be left relying on just one player. Of course, as you mentioned, we'll need a finisher (Pukki/Borini) to finisher the chances these guys create.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:34 pm

It's a bit more than that for me actually.My admiration for Liverpool is only part of the reason I'd like to see him play here.

I think there are environments in which Karim specifically will best thrive in and since he's the player I love more than any other, I want to see him do what's best for him.

Here are the things about Pool that make me think it would be a great fit.

>Rodgers posession based style combined with the team relying on him more will mean alot more touches for him...and that's basically the holy grail. He's the type of player who improves every time he touches the ball, he needs to do that to have to be sharp , it gives his game a sense of urgency and makes much better use of his decision making and skill.

>Success of players who play between the lines in the PL. I think players like Cesc ,Gerrard, Lampard, and a range of other less known midfielders are such amazing goal threats in the PL because PL defenses leave slightly more space between their defensive lines and through the centre of the pitch.

His favorite area is in and around the edge of the penalty area , which is an area you get very little space in La liga as a whole.

>The Fans.

>Suarez direct and intense style is a great complement, they open up space for each other and that's what they both thrive in, Suarez in terms of creating Benz in terms of scoring.Borini also utilizes space intelligently.

>Gerrard gives him someone who will make runs from behind into the box which is one of his favorite ways of picking apart a defense.

>Sahin is exactly the type of player he would make striker like movement for, just like with Alonso, he prefers to make runs early in the play so as avoid defenses setting up.

> The are some negatives as well but Overall I think he's the type of player that suits what Rodgers is trying to do.

@Art

If Liverpool is competing for CL, as in actively pursuing it (which they are) I don't think it's insurmountable obstacle.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:06 pm

Not one person at Liverpool would say no in bringing in Benzema.

I do agree with a lot of your posts, but at the end of the day, will Benzema want to come here? I really don't see it happening.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:57 pm

Suso in the 20-man squad for Sunderland, but still sounding a bit whiny on twatter. He either needs to take a break from tweeting or grow up a bit, going by his stuff this season... otherwise he could get himself into trouble with the club's managing staff.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 42 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23 ... 42  Next