(CM) 33 Jonjo Shelvey 2010 - £3.4m
(RM) 11 Maxi Rodriguez 2010 - £0m
(LM) 19 Stewart Downing 2011 - £20m

Strikers

(ST) 7 Luis Suarez 2011 - £22.8m
(ST) 9 Andy Carroll 2011 - £35m
(ST) 18 Dirk Kuyt 2006 - £10m
(ST) 39 Craig Bellamy 2011 - £0m

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------Reina

Johnson Carragher Agger Enrique

Lucas Adam

Suarez Gerrard Downing

Carroll

Doni

Kelly Skrtel Coates Aurelio

Spearing Shelvey

Maxi Henderson Bellamy

Kuyt

With further back ups in the way of the kids: Flanagan, Robinson, Coady, Sterling and Morgan could potentially all step up this season, if called up.

you happy :coffee: ?

Back to top Go down

Our Squad Empty Re: Our Squad

Post by mr-r34 Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:13 pm

NO, woulf of been good if we kept raul, other then that, its gone shithouse
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:43 pm

We have depth in all areas of the pitch the likes of which we haven't seen in decades and our squad is relatively young (but with experienced heads) and what by all accounts appears to be a very good chemistry. Best transfer window in ages for me.

We managed to move on just about every piece of deadwood we have bar Jones and one or two reserve players and we've brought in some real talent and very exciting young players. The Meireles deal does seem to leave us just a tad thin in central midfield but then he rarely if ever played there for us anyway and at his age we got a good price for him.

Assuming Bellamy's knees hold up and he stays away from karaoke and golf clubs I think we've pulled off an absolute stormer. Mr's Henry, Comolli, Kenny and all the rest of the staff deserve huge praise for their works this summer.

@Mr-r:

Buck up, lad. Here's a Babel-Copter for you.

Our Squad Ryan-Babels-helicopter-006
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:01 pm

Tbh, i would totally agree with you red, just was so pissed with RM, what a c**t bag. Removing all the deadwood, was the best bit, i honestly still can't believe we got rid of them bar jones, massive coupe, we didnt get our marquee, and if we get 2-3 injures at 1 time, e.g downing, suarez and gerrard, i dont think well be doing to well tbh. Unless hendo, adam and caroll .

if this squad stays injury free bar 1 player at a time, top 4 is defiantly a chance.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:16 pm

Jovanovic
Ayala
El Zhar
Kyrgiakos
Pacheco
Aquilani
Insua
Cole
Poulsen
Ngog
Degen

All removed from the wage bill (or at least partially so) in just under 3 weeks. Well in, Comolli. That's 30m+ a year saved on salaries alone and with Raul's sale we've made about 25-30m in transfer fees as well. That will be very helpful as FFP roles in.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:26 pm

Have Degan left or was that just a rumor?
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:29 pm

His contract was terminated (i.e. he was fired).

Degen is no longer a Liverpool player. cheers
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:26 pm

Our second XI looks like this:

Doni

Kelly Carra Coates Robinson

Spearing Aurelio / Shelvy / Coady

Bellamy Henderson Maxi

Kuyt

Seriously when was the last time we had a second XI as strong as this? With our lack of European football we will easily make top 4 this year.Then we can strengthen the sqaud wherever necessary.

I wanted to keep Meireles ahead of Aquilani unlike most here but I don think keeping a player who dont want to be here would help our squad morale one bit.We got 12mil for him and can use the money to strengthen the squad if necessary in january.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:46 pm

1. If Degen is fired (contract terminated) then it means we had to pay for the reminder of his contract. Should do the same with Jones. Under-performing, idle players are not good for locker-room.

2. The way Sepi has put it, we have just two wingers. True, Suarez, Kuyt & Jordan will play on the wide areas but it does reveal our lack of 'actual' wingers.

3. Two of our most promising young players has been sold or loaned. Between Kelly & Gerrard, did we have/had any Academy player making first-team. Disregard Flanagan or Robinson as they are used only for urgencies.

4. Even the second XI looks better than our starting XI last season.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:04 am

iftikhar wrote:3. Two of our most promising young players has been sold or loaned. Between Kelly & Gerrard, did we have/had any Academy player making first-team. Disregard Flanagan or Robinson as they are used only for urgencies.

Suso & Sterling are still in the Squad & they have both got numbers of their own! ! 30 & 31 respectively! its on the official site. . i see the squad has been edited last night! Looks brilliant! & after some solid performances by both Flanno & Robinson last season i sort of feel it would be harsh to disregard Flanno & Robinson. .
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:12 am

Our full Squad. . .

1. Jones
2. Johnson
3. Enrique
5. Agger
6. Aurelio
7. Suarez
8. Gerrard
9. Carroll
11. Maxi
14. Henderson
16. Coates
18. Kuyt
19. Downing
20. Spearing
21. Lucas
22. D Wilson
23. Carragher
25. Reina
26. Adam
30. Suso
31. Sterling
32. Doni
33. Shelvey
34. Kelly
35. Coady
37. Skrtel
38. Flanagan
39. Bellamy
47. Wisdom
49. Robinson

- Amoo
- Eccleston

This also consists of players in the Reserve Team but according to our website this is the full First Team we can utilize to make our squad. .

I myself am really excited to see Suso & Sterling get their own Jersey no. great for them! ! not quite sure they had it last season . . might mean some appearances but definitely a boost to the moral of the lads. . .

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/team/first-team
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:25 am

iftikhar wrote:1. If Degen is fired (contract terminated) then it means we had to pay for the reminder of his contract. Should do the same with Jones. Under-performing, idle players are not good for locker-room.

2. The way Sepi has put it, we have just two wingers. True, Suarez, Kuyt & Jordan will play on the wide areas but it does reveal our lack of 'actual' wingers.

3. Two of our most promising young players has been sold or loaned. Between Kelly & Gerrard, did we have/had any Academy player making first-team. Disregard Flanagan or Robinson as they are used only for urgencies.

4. Even the second XI looks better than our starting XI last season.

1.I think unless Jones is a trouble maker (which i dont think he is ) it is sensible to keep him unlike Degan imo.If Doni suffer any injury we dont have a backup keeper now that Gulaski has been loaned out.So would be better to keep him as 3rd choice keeper rather than terminate his contract.

2.Bellamy is very good as a wide player.The season before last (2009-10) he was City's best player and one of the best in the league and he played as a left sided forward all season.

3.Who apart from Pacheco have we loaned.Did we loan out Wilson last night or am i missing something?
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:26 am

@ Fahim, Flano or Robi are quality players but they have to play more games (like Kelly or Spearing) to be considered as graduates.

Squad number doesn't mean much. Pacheco, Ayala had it and...

Franky I'm a bit old-fashioned and love to see more home-grown players than imports :-)
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:31 am

BeautifulGame wrote:1.I think unless Jones is a trouble maker (which i dont think he is ) it is sensible to keep him unlike Degan imo.If Doni suffer any injury we dont have a backup keeper now that Gulaski has been loaned out.So would be better to keep him as 3rd choice keeper rather than terminate his contract.

2.Bellamy is very good as a wide player.The season before last (2009-10) he was City's best player and one of the best in the league and he played as a left sided forward all season.

3.Who apart from Pacheco have we loaned.Did we loan out Wilson last night or am i missing something?

1. Now that is a point we don't wanna end up like last seasons Arsenal Shocked

2. A point i had in mind but missed out . .also it goes in with Kenny's philosophy of players who can play in multiple roles . .which was clearly visible in the Bolton game & was a treat to watch!

3. Pacheco & Wilson two of the most promising?? Seriously?? scratch
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:58 am

Fahim89 wrote:

Nah Ifthikar said we have sold out 2 of our two most promising players.Obviously he was referring to Pacheco and Ayala but i completely forgot Ayala Neutral .So thought he was referring to wilson.

Last edited by BeautifulGame on Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:23 am; edited 2 times in total
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:00 am

BeautifulGame wrote:
Fahim89 wrote:

Nah Ifthikar said we have sold out 2 of our two most promising players.Obviously he was referring to Pacheco and Ayala but i completely forgot Ayala Neutral .So thought he was referring to wilson.

I got lost in the Most Promising part & Pacheco. . Razz

I feel that title goes to Suso & Sterling unannounced Thumbs up
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:21 am

Fahim89 wrote:

I got lost in the Most Promising part & Pacheco. . Razz

I feel that title goes to Suso & Sterling unannounced Thumbs up

Personally i feel Robinson and Sterling are the most promising and most likely players to make the grade from the academy.Suso is behind them imo

Last edited by BeautifulGame on Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:27 am; edited 2 times in total
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:23 am

TBH i think selling Ayala was the right move he will be sixth choice CB and wont get any opportunities.So its better for both we sold Ayala.As for Pacheco he wanted regular games so dont think we could have kept him.Now if he has a excellent season then we can can bring him back into the team if not then sell him for a decent price.We should have done this last year itself imo.Wasted a year of his career keeping him in reserves.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:23 am

I'm liking how our squad looks!

We are covered pretty well in every position and should certainly have the players to finish in top four + have a chance in the two domestic cup competitions.

Most importantly, though, we've got some real direction in our transfer policy now. Buy most of your players young, avoid bringing in average stop-gap solutions because they'll cost you lot through wages.
As long as we stick with this policy I believe we'll do fine financially - and financial strength is often followed by success on the pitch.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:39 am

A fan's opinion on my team . .

We have a Striker who is passionate & capable enough to score 30+ goals a season! ! Who can be a nightmare for any defense on earth! - Luis Suarez

We have another Striker who has the potential to score 20+ goals a season. . & can strike fear with his physical abilities in any defender! ! - Andy Carroll

We have yet another striker who has the enthusiasm & energy of a 20 yro & has already proved he can score 10-15 goals a season easily! - Dirk Kuyt

Now we have yet another frontman who has been a veteran in EPL & in many years proved his pace & knack of scoring is there to make him an asset for any team . . & as has proved can add 10-15 goals without any trouble at all! - Craig Bellamy!

We have got one of the best wingers in EPL for the last two-three years who crosses balls in the box as beautifully as any winger alive! ! Plus has proved can add 10+ goals with most importantly countless assist & opportunities for goals! ! - Stewart Downing

We have got a pinpoint passes & crosser in the midfield whose corners & freekicks can create havoc in any opposition box! plus proved in scoring goals 8-10 in EPL! - Charlie Adam

A player who has come from the shadows & has with his credentials own the hearts of millions of supporters worldwide & dives in better then even Superman does in the movies Razz Yes he does not score many goals but what he does is at times more important! The man i call the Midfield General - Lucas Leiva

It has not been long since the Spaniard has come in but has already shown the potential to be our best summer signing & that itself ain't a small fit! Regarded as one of the best in his position a solid LB both defensively & has more then required pace & passing ability to attack! - Jose Enrique

The most talented amongst our usual defensive trio! When fit is undoubtedly the best defender in our squad & at times has the required ability & height to be a menace in opposite half ! ! Pacy, Solid & Strong! - Daniel Agger

Passionate & as solid a defender as there can be! ! One of our most strongest performers last season & a player to depend on! - Martin Skrtel

A leader in himself one of the greater fans & servants of the club! ! The most dedicated & hard working player for Liverpool! & undoubtedly the most experienced of all. . age might have taken out some of his flare but he more then makes up for it through sheer determination & tireless work rate! ! - Jamie Carragher

One his day would be the best of the best RB in EPL . .Pacy, pretty solid in defense & brilliant as a defender going forward! ! certainly has the potential to score 5+ goals a season! - Glen Johnson

Now without any hesitation it can be said that this man is not only one of the best in EPL but one of the best in the world. A brilliant character & leader in the making - Pepe Reina

This man is the reason Liverpool fans have kept hope in the clubs for many season through dark days. . Has single handedly led the team through times regarded as the worst for the club & at most times come out smiling! ! One of the greatest players to wear the Red jersey! ! & I believe many more would agree with me despite their club preferences that he has been the best player in his position in the whole League for the last decade. . Just not a player for the club a legend & my favorite of all time ! ! The POWERHOUSE & our CAPTAIN FANTASTIC - Steven Gerrard

Finally the man who has done everything & achieved everything as a player & as a manager of the club! One of the biggest fans of Liverpool & in the history of the club the most iconic characters that wore the Red Jersey. . rightly named the 'King' for his achievements & dedication for the club! There could not have been person any better then he to take on the helm & lead us out of the troubled days! ! - - King Kenny Dalglish

Yea i being a Liverpool fan have all the rights to be optimistic about the team . .& clearly it is visible & obvious that this our best squad in quite some time! with the potential to easily score 100+ goals this season! YNWA! !
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:56 pm

Great read Fahim
+100000
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:01 pm

Hard to add much to that. Well said Fahim89.

I might add Martin Kelly to that list, though. He has the ability to be for the right side of defence what Enrique is for the left. Strong, pacy and confident in attack. Did I mention that he's just 21. If not for Glen Johnson, the kid would be a regular in defense. I see Kelly as the future of the Liverpool defense every time I watch this kid play.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:58 am

I'm really hoping Kelly doesn't turn out to be an injury prone player. Sad

We should take it slow with him. We can cope with him out.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:35 am

Tbh im more worried about Gerrard, Will be back to his best after this long a lay off? Neutral
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:25 am

I have feeling Gerrard needed this long rest after caring the team non-stop for the past 5 years or so.....So i think this injury has done more good than bad...I want to see him on the pitch so bad
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 42 1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 42  Next