The Madrid One
Latinus
105 posters

Page 12 of 25 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 25  Next

Go down

Valencia Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: Valencia Thread

Post by che Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:57 pm

vivabarca38 wrote:
Valdes-Alves-Mascherano-Pique-Abidal-Busi/Yaya-Xavi-Iniesta- Pedro/Villa-Messi/Ibra-Neymar/Eto'o.
You could even Put Marquez-Chgriginsky-Hleb-Thiago-Cesc on the bench.

Looks so much better doesn't it;same goes for Madrid.

the points is that valencia have had some of the best spanish talent of this generation pass through the club, all signed through dilligent scouting and/or homegrown production, but had to give it up because we're financially *bleep*, which is quite different to saying "we sold players too lel"

and for what it's worth mathieu has been fantastic as a cb and pereira has had a great season

che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by schrutebucks Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:56 am

Why did Isco leave Valencia?
schrutebucks
schrutebucks
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:54 am

schrutebucks wrote:Why did Isco leave Valencia?

The question is more '' why did Valencia let him go '' ?
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:11 am

che wrote:
vivabarca38 wrote:
Valdes-Alves-Mascherano-Pique-Abidal-Busi/Yaya-Xavi-Iniesta- Pedro/Villa-Messi/Ibra-Neymar/Eto'o.
You could even Put Marquez-Chgriginsky-Hleb-Thiago-Cesc on the bench.

Looks so much better doesn't it;same goes for Madrid.

the points is that valencia have had some of the best spanish talent of this generation pass through the club, all signed through dilligent scouting and/or homegrown production, but had to give it up because we're financially *bleep*, which is quite different to saying "we sold players too lel"

and for what it's worth mathieu has been fantastic as a cb and pereira has had a great season

I agree with this . I always felt for Valencia and their situation but sometimes there's naught you can do , desperate times call for desperate measures . I don't know if the club is still financially in trouble , but when Valencia enter their new stadium things should get better , i guess . 

I rarely talk about it anymore , but when i was younger Valencia used to be my favourite of the Spanish teams Proud . I'm not particularly worried as far as talents are concerned , because Valencia always had talents available and they will find their way with them again , sooner or later.

Not sure why it didn't work with Valverde , though. He's a very good coach. As for Dukic , i have no clue how good of a coach he is , though for all i know , he's hardly more experienced than Valverde.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:02 pm

Moal wrote:As for better than Banega.... Alonso, Xavi, Iniesta, Martinez, Schweignsteiger, Gundogan, Busquets, Gerrard, Pirlo, Vidal, Hamsik, Yaya, Marchisio, De Rossi, Kroos, Wilshere, Montolivo, Carrick, Pizarro and Hernanes.

He might be more talented than some of them.... but hardly ever shows it.

Face it if he was good as claimed he wouldn't even be at Valencia considering the money troubles big clubs would have snapped him up ages ago.

He's just not consistent enough to be rated on any type of pedestal.

Says the man that proudly claims to not watch La Liga for over a year Laughing 

Banega has been one of Valencia's best performers under the Valverde era that took the team from 11th to 5th. And here's the real shocker: he has done this consistently. In nearly every game I've watched them under him he has been their best player. Better than Alonso, Gerrard, Kroos, Monto and Pizzarro for sure.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:33 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Moal wrote:As for better than Banega.... Alonso, Xavi, Iniesta, Martinez, Schweignsteiger, Gundogan, Busquets, Gerrard, Pirlo, Vidal, Hamsik, Yaya, Marchisio, De Rossi, Kroos, Wilshere, Montolivo, Carrick, Pizarro and Hernanes.

He might be more talented than some of them.... but hardly ever shows it.

Face it if he was good as claimed he wouldn't even be at Valencia considering the money troubles big clubs would have snapped him up ages ago.

He's just not consistent enough to be rated on any type of pedestal.

Says the man that proudly claims to not watch La Liga for over a year Laughing 

Banega has been one of Valencia's best performers under the Valverde era that took the team from 11th to 5th. And here's the real shocker: he has done this consistently. In nearly every game I've watched them under him he has been their best player. Better than Alonso, Gerrard, Kroos, Monto and Pizzarro for sure.

For the rest i have no doubt , especialy Pizzaro lol , but not Montolivo. In terms of consistency and overall performances during big games , importance to the funcionality of the team and statisticaly speaking , he did better than Banega , this season . Not exactly sure how much better , but better he did . Not just Banega though ; he was easily between the best midfielders in Europe this season. 

Both players i rate highly and i like them both very much , but Montolivo exceeded all sorts of expectations this season. That Milan has named him captain for next season speaks volumes of how well he did . He's showed immense accuracy and vision this season , even better than Pirlo , amongst other qualities such as leadership , strong defensive mentality and involvement in goals and assists , often his goals defined the match. Any other season and i would agree , but not this one.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:10 pm

Bump.

So Valencia are letting go of Rami but it seems to have no effect on Valencia, so far. Djukic is doing a good job, as well. Linking 3 victories in a row in the past week and drawing away to Athletic.

Hopefully Djukic is able to keep up the unbeaten streak.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:39 pm

Looks like Djukic couldn't do it. If last week was phenominal than this week was just a fiasco.

The lack of Rami is disturbing indeed. :facepalm:
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Valencia Thread - Page 12 Empty What Awaits Valencia!!!

Post by iftikhar Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:07 pm

Valencia is currently 12th. With 27 games remaining this can change radically. They are 7 points off CL places but 4 points from relegation zone. With 14 teams separated by 10 points, things can change with each rounds. For Valencia, there is little cause for optimism.

None Villarreal, Bilbao, Getafe, Levante, Espanyol, Sociedad, Elche or Sevilla can be credited for being head-and-shoulder above Valencia and yet they are above them. None have the financial muscle to justify being better than Valencia.

Espanyol, Betis (3-1 in both cases) and Villarreal (4-1) have convincing wins that contradicts the fact that Valencia has similar strength squad. Then finally a home loss against Almeria who notched their first win of the season.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:04 am

I suspect a top-half finish, outside of the EL places though.

They've been linked with a £7m bid for Demba Ba in January, but I think a striker is the least of Dukic's worries at present as his defence is appalling.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by che Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:16 am

misery and sadness
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by djfawnz Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:26 pm

i personally believe Djukic is on the last chance saloon....
djfawnz
djfawnz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:24 pm

This is what happens when you sell your best player Soldado and let talents like Tino and Cissokho leave without signing any replacements. A team that's lost their Champions League spot should be signing reinforcements not sell its best players.

A team in huge debt, a new young president and a coach who's best achievements is getting promotion from segunda. Why am I not surprised at Los Che's situation...
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:43 pm

Letting Soldado go wasn't as criminal as failing to address their defense issues.

I think they have only five defenders on their books now Rami has been kicked out. How could they let that happen?

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:01 pm

You make some good threads, Ifty Smile

Valencia have long been living beyond their means, their debt is in hundreds of millions the last time I checked and I believe this is that showing. They simply aren't that good anymore. They were able to keep up the illusion a bit by scraping into the CL, but now that cruise is over.

Mid-table life seems most likely for the foreseeable future.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:19 am

Thanx Atri.

But very few teams are any better (financially) than Valencia. Also, do you think Villarreal, Sociadad, Bilbao has a (significantly) better squad than Valencia!!!

Have you watched them recently! I have been following them since 1996/7 and never seen such a clueless bunch.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by aant123 Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:01 pm

iftikhar wrote:Thanx Atri.

But very few teams are any better (financially) than Valencia. Also, do you think Villarreal, Sociadad, Bilbao has a (significantly) better squad than Valencia!!!

Have you watched them recently! I have been following them since 1996/7 and never seen such a clueless bunch.
So true. It's not like they don't have quality, Banega would walk into most sides and guys like Parejo, Canales, Mathieu (and Jonas?) are all solid players. However, watching them against Sociedad a month or so ago was downright painful.

I just hope that:
1) they make it to EL so that they keep their players;
2) Canales stays away from the treatment table and lives up to his potential. Suppose that applies to Banega too Smile

aant123
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:55 pm

danyjr wrote:This is what happens when you sell your best player Soldado and let talents like Tino and Cissokho leave without signing any replacements. A team that's lost their Champions League spot should be signing reinforcements not sell its best players.

A team in huge debt, a new young president and a coach who's best achievements is getting promotion from segunda. Why am I not surprised at Los Che's situation...
I think it might of been better off, he can't defend for his life.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:32 pm

Meh, I think we'll finish in the EL spots in the end. La Liga in general isn't competitive bar Atletico, RM, and Barca. Djukic has been woeful so far and I feel he still hasn't figured out how to utilize this Valencia squad to it's maximum and I doubt he ever will. All I'm gonna say is, if Valancia don't find a manager who can properly utilize a Defense or if simply Mathieu doesn't learn how to be a CB then I expect more goals to be conceded.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:26 pm

Djukic is not the right man for the job. Quality wise I think this Valencia side is still good enough for top 4. They need a proper leader as a manager.

If I threw some names in the air, I'd say Lucien Favre would be perfect.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:48 pm

mr-r34 wrote:I think it might of been better off, [Cissokho] can't defend for his life.
Like Bernat can? :lol:At least Cissokho is a beast going forward.

PS: Think of Bernat as a much more inferior version of Jordi Alba. Can't defend, tick. Chokes under pressure, tick.

McAgger wrote:Quality wise I think this Valencia side is still good enough for top 4.
Last season yes, if Valverde had the team from the beggining as opposed to the muppet Pellegrino, 4th spot would have been achievable (as it was until the last day of La Liga) but no they definitely aren't capable of achieving 4th spot this season with the current squad. Even Valverde can't save them.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:42 pm

You think Villarreal who are currently 4th have better quality than this Valencia side? Or Bilbao or La Real?

As I said Valencia still have the 4th best squad in the league on paper.

They need a leader who the players can die for. It's not happening with Djukic.

And btw you overrate Valverde way too much.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:57 pm

McAgger wrote:You think Villarreal who are currently 4th have better quality than this Valencia side? Or Bilbao or La Real?

As I said Valencia still have the 4th best squad in the league on paper.

They need a leader who the players can die for. It's not happening with Djukic.

And btw you overrate Valverde way too much.
I don't agree brah. Postiga is plain shit as he's ever been - a complete downgrade from Soldado. Midfield lacks creativity with Banega playing deeper. Last year with Tino/Albelda it worked because they'd play deep and Banega could play a more advanced role. Villarreal, Sociedad and Athletic have better defenders - on paper that is. In my opinion.

I don't overrate Valverde at all. I rate him as someone who took a team positioned 11th in the league in December and was a point away from CL spot last season.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:16 pm

Postiga is a downgrade from Soldado but definately not poop either. The problem with him is continuity. Djukic has been rotating the squad and Postiga, Rami &, even Guiata have suffered due to that this season. From what I've seen Djukic is trying to play the youngsters. Paco, Fede, Bernat, and Canales have all been regulars so far and are performing. Pretty sure this means he's thinking long term, at least that's what I believe.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:44 pm

While personally I'd like Fede to do well, do these names you mentioned really have quality? I see them as average players. Canales with moments of wonder but he's too inconsistent in a career so far plagued with injury. Alcácer is still young but I know a few Spanish forwards his age who are already better than him, the likes of Jese. Bernat, I don't like him at all. People have been hyping him up to be the new Jordi Alba but, not only that I don't rate Alba very much, I think it is very romantic to think Bernat would reach the levels of the Spanish international.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:43 pm

Golazo by Canales :bow:
danyjr
danyjr