BarrileteCosmico
justdoit_
Messi
7amood11
Babun
55 posters

Page 18 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18

Go down

Gaddafi's Regime is Collapsing! - Page 18 Empty Re: Gaddafi's Regime is Collapsing!

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:23 pm

I really wish the Libyan people a moderate constitution and government, to provide stability and freedom. As far as I understand it the moderate islamists are doing well, I actually think they might be good for the country and the region, despite the Wests knee-jerk panic when they hear the word "Islam".

From what I understand they're comparative to Europe's Christian Conservatives. But Islamic, not Christian.

I'm of course a bit on the left of those people, but they're certainly not dangerous or despotic, and after years of a dictatorship and corruption people probably think Religion might provide the moral guidance the Elites couldn't in the past.

Really - fingers crossed for all the emerging democracies.

VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Gaddafi's Regime is Collapsing! - Page 18 Empty Re: Gaddafi's Regime is Collapsing!

Post by The Messiah Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:36 pm

7amood11 wrote:Just a small (back on topic) note: The Libyan people will vote on whether or not they agree with Libya's constitution (which is still being prepared).

Just saying, even though it's a bit premature at the moment, but it's certainly looking like the people will finally have their say.

Are you from Libya, do you live in Libya, I will like to speak with people from Libya regarding this whole mess, I've a friend from Libya we attended the same University his name is Umar, the last time I spoke to him was April and he made me understand that thing weren't that bad.

I don't know if he was saying this because Gadaffi's government paid his fees, free of charge and also paid his rent and finance him during his time in United kingdom and apparently when Libya money was frozen he had difficulties receiving money for his upkeep.

Can You enlighten me on the situation in Libya, that is if you are from Libya and live there, otherwise please dont bother.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:02 pm

Idrisozet wrote:
7amood11 wrote:Just a small (back on topic) note: The Libyan people will vote on whether or not they agree with Libya's constitution (which is still being prepared).

Just saying, even though it's a bit premature at the moment, but it's certainly looking like the people will finally have their say.

Are you from Libya, do you live in Libya, I will like to speak with people from Libya regarding this whole mess, I've a friend from Libya we attended the same University his name is Umar, the last time I spoke to him was April and he made me understand that thing weren't that bad.

I don't know if he was saying this because Gadaffi's government paid his fees, free of charge and also paid his rent and finance him during his time in United kingdom and apparently when Libya money was frozen he had difficulties receiving money for his upkeep.

Can You enlighten me on the situation in Libya, that is if you are from Libya and live there, otherwise please dont bother.

Yes, I'm Libyan. But unfortunately I don't live there anymore. I used to though.

Yeah, if you were going to study out of the country, your stay there was financed by the govt.. But that's only if you had a scholarship (the government back then was corrupt so there were a lot of instances where piss poor students got scholarships because they had a relative working in the government).
Tell me what it is you want to be enlightened about.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:24 pm

7amood11 wrote:
Idrisozet wrote:

Yes, I'm Libyan. But unfortunately I don't live there anymore. I used to though.

Yeah, if you were going to study out of the country, your stay there was financed by the govt.. But that's only if you had a scholarship (the government back then was corrupt so there were a lot of instances where piss poor students got scholarships because they had a relative working in the government).
Tell me what it is you want to be enlightened about.

I just want to know general stuff about Libya well being, such as Education, Jobs, security, health and how come Gadaffi took over with bloodless coup...?

Just tell me the conditions of living in Libya when you were still there compare to any part of the world that you are in now.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:35 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:I really wish the Libyan people a moderate constitution and government, to provide stability and freedom. As far as I understand it the moderate islamists are doing well, I actually think they might be good for the country and the region, despite the Wests knee-jerk panic when they hear the word "Islam".

From what I understand they're comparative to Europe's Christian Conservatives. But Islamic, not Christian.

I'm of course a bit on the left of those people, but they're certainly not dangerous or despotic, and after years of a dictatorship and corruption people probably think Religion might provide the moral guidance the Elites couldn't in the past.

Really - fingers crossed for all the emerging democracies.

Political islam has been alot more corrupted by the left than christian conservatism ever was though
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:49 pm

We can finally call it a day. Saif Al-Islam, the only son left in Libya, has been captured:

Gaddafi's Regime is Collapsing! - Page 18 Saif-al-Islam-gaddafi-cap-007

Finally.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:13 pm

7amood11 wrote:Gaddafi's Regime is Collapsing! - Page 18 Saif-al-Islam-gaddafi-cap-007

hahahahahahahha

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:00 pm

Fun Fact: Out of the 200 parliament seats, 33 of them went to women. That's about 17%. That's a stronger presence than Japan, Ireland, France, and about the same as the USA. The youngest parliament member is also a woman, she's 28(?).

Fun fact number 2: The liberal party won the Libyan elections by a landslide, they now have the most seats in Parliament. The Islamists lost by a huge margin.

I just wanted to bump this to show buddytaller, who over the past 24 pages kept going on and on and on about how the Islamists will ruin the country and that women will get no rights and will be oppressed.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:29 pm

7amood11 wrote:Fun Fact: Out of the 200 parliament seats, 33 of them went to women. That's about 17%. That's a stronger presence than Japan, Ireland, France, and about the same as the USA. The youngest parliament member is also a woman, she's 28(?).

Fun fact number 2: The liberal party won the Libyan elections by a landslide, they now have the most seats in Parliament. The Islamists lost by a huge margin.

I just wanted to bump this to show buddytaller, who over the past 24 pages kept going on and on and on about how the Islamists will ruin the country and that women will get no rights and will be oppressed.

:bow:
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:36 pm

7amood11 wrote:Fun Fact: Out of the 200 parliament seats, 33 of them went to women. That's about 17%. That's a stronger presence than Japan, Ireland, France, and about the same as the USA. The youngest parliament member is also a woman, she's 28(?).

You don't have to resort to insults to prove any point, I'm happy for Libya and any country that is progressing democratically, what I couldn't stand is the foreign media trying to vilify the Brother Leader (may his soul rest in peace), he did a lot for Libya and Africa as a whole and didn't deserve the treatment he got.

The jury is still out on democracy in Libya with political killings and armed militias still controlling large parts of the country, I do hope every thing returns to normal, and Libya becomes to the peaceful and prospering country it once was.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:52 pm

And by the way I just read this from the wiki page of the leader of the party which won the most seats in the elections, Mahmoud Jibril.

From 2007 to early 2011, he served in the Gaddafi regime as head of the National Planning Council of Libya and of the National Economic Development Board of Libya (NEDB),[11]. While there, he was a protégé of Saif al-Islam Gaddafi and promoted privatization and liberalization policies.

buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:06 am

buddytaller wrote:And by the way I just read this from the wiki page of the leader of the party which won the most seats in the elections, Mahmoud Jibril.

From 2007 to early 2011, he served in the Gaddafi regime as head of the National Planning Council of Libya and of the National Economic Development Board of Libya (NEDB),[11]. While there, he was a protégé of Saif al-Islam Gaddafi and promoted privatization and liberalization policies.

Everybody knows that. I don't like Jibril because of that point, but the majority voted for him, and if you look at it objectively his party deserved to win.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18