BarrileteCosmico
justdoit_
Messi
7amood11
Babun
55 posters

Page 1 of 18 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next

Go down

Gaddafi's Regime is Collapsing! Empty Gaddafi's Regime is Collapsing As We Speak!

Post by Babun Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:32 pm

UPDATES TO ARRIVE SHORTLY
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Gaddafi's Regime is Collapsing! Empty Gaddafi's Regime is Collapsing!

Post by 7amood11 Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:33 pm

Updates To arrive Shortly!
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Gaddafi's Regime is Collapsing! Empty Re: Gaddafi's Regime is Collapsing!

Post by 7amood11 Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:36 pm

OK, so I'm going to give a quick run-down of what's happening in Libya the past few weeks.

The rebels' plan (from what I've gathered) was to secure all Libyan cities other than Tripoli (the capital) and Sirt (Gaddafi's hometown). When that is complete, almost EVERYBODY heads to Tripoli to engage in a FINAL, bloody battle to destroy Gaddafi's regime. Also, another few thousand troops head toward Sirt to free it.

2 weeks ago, rebels started making radical improvements, CRUSHING victories. And by "crushing", I mean taking control over 4 MAJOR cities all over Libya. Brega, Gharyan, Zlitan, and 95% of AlZawiyah all have been freed in the space of a week and a half only.

After that, pretty much every major city was under rebel control other than Tripoli and Sirt. That was when almost EVERYBODY marched toward Tripoli for the final battle. And I mean tens of thousands have entered into the city. There are plenty of others waiting outside the capital, as backup.

And yesterday, at midnight, it began, under the name of "Dawn of The Mermaid".

Now, we're witnessing MASSIVE clashes all over Tripoli, in almost every area in Tripoli there are massive clashes as we speak right now.

Gents, the war is coming to an end :coffee:
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:39 pm

Official: Tripoli airport has been successfully liberated. The liberation flag has been raised there! This is a very strategic position.

Official: Rebels have successfully taken over the air base in Tripoli, about 30 minutes ago. Another very strategic position.

By the way, massive clashes in almost every area of Tripoli are going underway as we speak.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Messi Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:40 pm

Allah m3akum, this is the easy part.
Messi
Messi
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:42 pm

Messi wrote:Allah m3akum, this is the easy part.

Thanks. This is supposed to be the final battle, so this is expected to be very tough as well.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:59 pm

Update: Gaddafi's forces are fleeing from Soug Al Jumaa, one of the more popular areas of Tripoli.

Also, residents of Tripoli are receiving text messages telling them to eliminate the "agents" on the streets.

7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:23 pm

That was quick. I though he had a couple more weeks at the helm at least.
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:25 pm

justdoit_ wrote:That was quick. I though he had a couple more weeks at the helm at least.

Well the battle of Tripoli could become drawn out for a while, so you still may be right, although I do hope not.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:32 pm

Moussa Ibrahim, the official spokesperson of the pro-Gaddafi regime insists that they aren't losing ground in Tripoli, and that there are only a few dozen rebels in Tripoli. He's saying that the situation is under control when heavy gunfire is being heard almost everywhere in Tripoli lol.

He's also saying that the rebels are mostly Egyptians, Tunisians, and Algerians lmao. So contradictory when Gaddafi's been bringing in militia from all over Africa (video proof showing the passports of the militia Gaddafi's been hiring):

Yeaaah, right Rolling Eyes The pro-Gaddafi channels are basically loads of bullsh*t. They've been caught lying and have been prove wrong so many times throughout the revolution. Tens of thousands have been heading to Tripoli the last couple of days.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:52 pm

Thanks for the updates!
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:01 pm

Update: Gunfire has slightly subsided, but there's still the occasional burst of gunfire.

Also, there's the worry that Gaddafi (POS) might start firing Scud missiles. For those who don't know what Scud missiles are, they're missiles that are capable of A LOT of destruction, but are extremely inaccurate. One Scud missile was fired at the city of Ajdabiya, but luckily it missed and landed in the desert.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:09 pm

So here's a situation map of the west of Libya:

Gaddafi's Regime is Collapsing! Situationmapwestlibyaau

Basically, everything inside the black circle is a part of Tripoli, but for some reason they're put as separate dots... I think all the dots in the black circle should merge together to make one big "Tripoli" dot.

This map shows how little Gaddafi has left. Almost every city in the east has been liberated, just a few more cities left along with the capital in the west.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:11 pm

Update: Extremely loud explosions coming from eastern Tripoli, most probably NATO destroying some of Gaddafi's weapons.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:26 pm

Pro-Gaddafi loyalists trying to regain the airbase in Tripoli that they lost a few hours ago... The liberation flag is still raised there though.

Also, I wanted to add that this isn't a rebellion anymore, this is a fight for freedom in full swing. This is the people of Libya ousting the tyrant of 42 years.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:35 pm

Epic song:

Update: Freedom Fighters are just 500 meters away from Bab-Al-Aziziyah, that's where Gaddafi's former home was.

Also, reports coming out that 2 areas of Tripoli, Soug Al Jumaa and Tajoura have been 100% liberated. Also, Freedom Fighters have blocked the Railroad Rd, stopping any pro-Gaddafi supplies from moving around I suppose.

Libyan State TV is showing a documentary on freaking fish right now. Says a lot about how credible they are.

babun1024 wrote:UPDATES TO ARRIVE SHORTLY

lol how did this become babun's post?
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:52 pm

I pray God save our Brother Leader, the rebels have no legitimacy in my eyes, they're are just money hungry western puppets. Sure they can't wait to start selling Libya off to the West.

Africa will miss our Brother Leader!
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:56 pm

buddytaller wrote:I pray God save our Brother Leader, the rebels have no legitimacy in my eyes, they're are just money hungry western puppets. Sure they can't wait to start selling Libya off to the West.

Africa will miss our Brother Leader!

Brother leader lol? You do realize how many crimes he's committed over the past 42 years right?

He's a freaking coward.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:09 am

Reports coming out that pro-Gaddafi loyalists are fleeing all over Tripoli.

So if this guy's the "brother leader", you think Gaddafi'll have more supporters right? And their television stations would actually show something worthwhile instead of showing a documentary on FREAKING FISH!
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:39 am

A prophet has no honour in his home.

SPEECH BY PRESIDENT NELSON MANDELA AT A LUNCHEON IN HONOUR OF MUAMAR QADDAFI, LEADER OF THE REVOLUTION OF THE LIBYAN JAMAHARIYA

Cape Town, 13 June 1999

Your Excellencies
Distinguished Guests
And My Dear Brother Leader

Those who dedicate themselves to causes affecting the lives of millions ought to have a clear understanding of history. They should plan their actions with a sense of their impact on those for whom they believe they act.

I know, My Brother Leader, that you and I, who have both been privileged and obliged by circumstance to be in such positions, have each in our own way tried to be true to that responsibility. Even so, we could not have planned things in such a way that you would be the last head of state I would officially receive on a bilateral basis before retiring from public office.

I am happy that it did, by chance, transpire this way.

The relationship between our two selves and between Libya and democratic South Africa has not been without controversy and therefore some special significance in world affairs.

As a responsible member of the international community of nations, South Africa would never defy predominant international opinion deliberately and merely for effect. This is a particular responsibility in a world that is fraught with possibilities of misunderstanding and consequent conflict and conflagration.

We remain convinced that respect for our multilateral bodies and compliance with their decisions, is crucial to stability, development and progress in a world still marked by tension, inequality and backwardness. This is so even where we may disagree as individual nations with those decisions.

In a world where the strong may seek to impose upon the more vulnerable; and where particular nations or groups of nations may still seek to decide the fate of the planet - in such a world respect for multilateralism, moderation of public discourse and a patient search for compromise become even more imperative to save the world from debilitating conflict and enduring inequality.

When we dismissed criticism of our friendship with yourself, My Brother Leader, and of the relationship between South Africa and Libya, it was precisely in defence of those values.

There must be a kernel of morality also to international behaviour. Of course, nations must place their own interests high on the list of considerations informing their international relations. But the amorality which decrees that might is right can not be the basis on which the world conducts itself in the next century.

It was pure expediency to call on democratic South Africa to turn its back on Libya and Qaddafi, who had assisted us in obtaining democracy at a time when those who now made that call were the friends of the enemies of democracy in South Africa.

Had we heeded those demands, we would have betrayed the very values and attitudes that allowed us as a nation to have adversaries sitting down and negotiating in a spirit of compromise. It would have meant denying that the South African experience could be a model and example for international behaviour.

In many ways, our modest contribution to resolving the Lockerbie issue will remain a highlight of the international aspects of our Presidency. No one can deny that the friendship and trust between South Africa and Libya played a significant part in arriving at this solution. If that be so, it vindicates our view that talking to one another and searching for peaceful solutions remain the surest way to resolve differences and advance peace and progress in the world.

We look forward with joy and anticipation to the full re-entry of Libya into the affairs of our continent and the world.

We have already seen Libya take up its role as an important actor on the African continent to help advance the peace process in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.

South Africa is proud to acknowledge the coincidence between its own position and SADC's, on the one hand, and that of Libya on the other. We share the view that peace in the DRC can only be achieved through the withdrawal of all foreign forces and an inclusive political process of Congolese groups.

We appreciate very much Libya's indication that its own efforts will be co-ordinated with those of our regional organisation, SADC. This approach confounds those who suggest that Libya is less than fully committed to multilateralism. My Brother Leader is involved in the Congolese process as a facilitator of the SADC process, just as we were involved in the Lockerbie issue as facilitators for the United Nations. In such ways we advance the ideals of multilateral co-operation and discipline. And for that we thank our Brother Leader and the Libyan people.

It was with much appreciation that I received reports from my Minister of Trade and Industry about our recent trade delegation to Libya. The friendly political relations between our two countries are now being consolidated and deepened through trade. We look forward to South African companies and Libyan entities bridging our continent from North to South in concrete expressions of African unity.

My Brother Leader, I know that in the abstemious conditions of the North African desert it is not the custom to propose a toast. We are, however, overwhelmed by at last having here on this southern tip of Africa one of the revolutionary icons of our times.

I shall therefore take the liberty to invite our guests to rise and raise their glasses with me in salute to Muamar Qaddafi, our Brother Leader of the Revolution of the Libyan Jamahariya, and to growing friendship between the people of our two countries.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:53 am

buddytaller wrote:A prophet has no honour in his home.

SPEECH BY PRESIDENT NELSON MANDELA AT A LUNCHEON IN HONOUR OF MUAMAR QADDAFI, LEADER OF THE REVOLUTION OF THE LIBYAN JAMAHARIYA

Cape Town, 13 June 1999

Your Excellencies
Distinguished Guests
And My Dear Brother Leader

Those who dedicate themselves to causes affecting the lives of millions ought to have a clear understanding of history. They should plan their actions with a sense of their impact on those for whom they believe they act.

I know, My Brother Leader, that you and I, who have both been privileged and obliged by circumstance to be in such positions, have each in our own way tried to be true to that responsibility. Even so, we could not have planned things in such a way that you would be the last head of state I would officially receive on a bilateral basis before retiring from public office.

I am happy that it did, by chance, transpire this way.

The relationship between our two selves and between Libya and democratic South Africa has not been without controversy and therefore some special significance in world affairs.

As a responsible member of the international community of nations, South Africa would never defy predominant international opinion deliberately and merely for effect. This is a particular responsibility in a world that is fraught with possibilities of misunderstanding and consequent conflict and conflagration.

We remain convinced that respect for our multilateral bodies and compliance with their decisions, is crucial to stability, development and progress in a world still marked by tension, inequality and backwardness. This is so even where we may disagree as individual nations with those decisions.

In a world where the strong may seek to impose upon the more vulnerable; and where particular nations or groups of nations may still seek to decide the fate of the planet - in such a world respect for multilateralism, moderation of public discourse and a patient search for compromise become even more imperative to save the world from debilitating conflict and enduring inequality.

When we dismissed criticism of our friendship with yourself, My Brother Leader, and of the relationship between South Africa and Libya, it was precisely in defence of those values.

There must be a kernel of morality also to international behaviour. Of course, nations must place their own interests high on the list of considerations informing their international relations. But the amorality which decrees that might is right can not be the basis on which the world conducts itself in the next century.

It was pure expediency to call on democratic South Africa to turn its back on Libya and Qaddafi, who had assisted us in obtaining democracy at a time when those who now made that call were the friends of the enemies of democracy in South Africa.

Had we heeded those demands, we would have betrayed the very values and attitudes that allowed us as a nation to have adversaries sitting down and negotiating in a spirit of compromise. It would have meant denying that the South African experience could be a model and example for international behaviour.

In many ways, our modest contribution to resolving the Lockerbie issue will remain a highlight of the international aspects of our Presidency. No one can deny that the friendship and trust between South Africa and Libya played a significant part in arriving at this solution. If that be so, it vindicates our view that talking to one another and searching for peaceful solutions remain the surest way to resolve differences and advance peace and progress in the world.

We look forward with joy and anticipation to the full re-entry of Libya into the affairs of our continent and the world.

We have already seen Libya take up its role as an important actor on the African continent to help advance the peace process in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.

South Africa is proud to acknowledge the coincidence between its own position and SADC's, on the one hand, and that of Libya on the other. We share the view that peace in the DRC can only be achieved through the withdrawal of all foreign forces and an inclusive political process of Congolese groups.

We appreciate very much Libya's indication that its own efforts will be co-ordinated with those of our regional organisation, SADC. This approach confounds those who suggest that Libya is less than fully committed to multilateralism. My Brother Leader is involved in the Congolese process as a facilitator of the SADC process, just as we were involved in the Lockerbie issue as facilitators for the United Nations. In such ways we advance the ideals of multilateral co-operation and discipline. And for that we thank our Brother Leader and the Libyan people.

It was with much appreciation that I received reports from my Minister of Trade and Industry about our recent trade delegation to Libya. The friendly political relations between our two countries are now being consolidated and deepened through trade. We look forward to South African companies and Libyan entities bridging our continent from North to South in concrete expressions of African unity.

My Brother Leader, I know that in the abstemious conditions of the North African desert it is not the custom to propose a toast. We are, however, overwhelmed by at last having here on this southern tip of Africa one of the revolutionary icons of our times.

I shall therefore take the liberty to invite our guests to rise and raise their glasses with me in salute to Muamar Qaddafi, our Brother Leader of the Revolution of the Libyan Jamahariya, and to growing friendship between the people of our two countries.

And what is your point? Mandela is wrong.

Look, Gaddafi's a criminal and nobody can deny that, absolutely nobody. The way in which he treats his own people like sh*t speaks for itself. He's bombed planes, got into unnecessary wars, stripped his people of basic human rights, etc. Bringing a speech by one person changes nothing.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:02 am

Thousands of Freedom Fighters are expected to arrive in Tripoli later today, coming from Nalut, Al Zawiyah, and a host of other freed cities. When that happens, I doubt that Gaddafi will stand a shred of a chance, the b*stard he is.

7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:20 am

Gaddafi released a few words today, usual BS.

Calling the Freedom Fighters "rats", and putting all the blame on France, asking why the rebels have destroyed masjids... Another lie right there, here's that SOB destroying a masjid (it's around 2:10, that POS):

And he asking others to stop ruining masjids, smh...
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:32 am

Some good stuff here:

7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:38 am

Do you know that before the chaos erupted, Libya had a lower incarceration rate than the Czech Republic? It ranked 61st. Libya had the lowest infant mortality rate of all of Africa? Libya had the highest life expectancy of all of Africa? Less than 5% of the population was undernourished. In response to the rising food prices around the world, the government of Libya abolished ALL taxes on food.

People in Libya were rich. Libya had the highest gross domestic product (GDP) at purchasing power parity (PPP) per capita of all of Africa. The government took care to ensure that everyone in the country shared in the wealth. Libya had the highest Human Development Index of any country on the continent. The wealth was distributed equally. In Libya, a lower percentage of people lived below the poverty line than in the Netherlands.

Do you know Libyans received free medical care, education and electricity? Literacy rate in Libya is the highest in North Africa? Any Libyan who wants to study abroad just needs to write a request and they receive a scholarship from the authorities. Do you know that 15 million cars are registered in Libya, a country with a population of 6 million? In general, these are expensive and good cars, and they have easy access to them because for a £45000 car, you pay £3,000 or £4,000, and the rest is subsidized by the state.

Libyans lived an affluent lifestyle and were unwilling to do the menial jobs, which was left for the country’s 1 million immigrants (15% of the population). If Libya is a “hell hole” as is being portrayed by the media, why were so many foreign workers from all corners of the world ready to work there?

Colonel Muammar Gaddafi's social and welfare programmes in Libya are far greater than those implemented in neighbouring countries. Modern infrastructures have sprung up in recent years which aim to attract investment and bring added wealth and sustainable development to the citizens of Libya; Gadaafi's literacy programme has seen universal education become reality and since he took power in 1969, the life expectancy of Libyan citizens has risen by twenty years while infant mortality has decreased sharply.

Gaddafi represents the control of Libya's resources by Libyans and for Libyans; literacy reached ten per cent of the population when he came to power. Today it is around 90 per cent. Women, today, have rights and can go to school and get a job. The standard of living is around 100 times greater than it was under the rule of King Idris I. The conclusion, therefore, is that Gaddaafi's Libya is a different ball game from Tunisia and Egypt.

Gaddafi was not perfect, he had his short comings. But so did Bush and Blair who used various excuses to trick the world into supporting them in their invasion of Iraq. They tortured prisoners at Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo Bay detention camp. They killed innocent civilians in Afghanistan and Iraq and still continue to do so. Last week NATO forces killed twelve 9 year olds in Afghanistan, a few days later they killed the cousin of the president. Yet the world remained in silence.

Why did no one call for a no fly zone when in 2006, Israel invaded Lebanon and killed over 1000 Lebanese civilians? If Israel could use the excuse of self defense against Hezbollah, why can’t Gaddafi do same?
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 18 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next