Zamuro
JuvenelCuore
the xcx
S
Babun
45 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Juve is going down with Marotta ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Juve is going down with Marotta !

Post by Swanhends Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:49 pm

"Going down" implies they are getting worse:

True or False: Juve have a better squad right now than last year

Hint - If you answered "False," you are a moron.

Last edited by bhends on Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Juve is going down with Marotta ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Juve is going down with Marotta !

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:49 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:
Exactly, last season what was the problem ? Losing to small teams, yet Juventus won against the big six above them.

Last season, was more about Marotta's average signings, and Del Neri's gutless antics towards his tactics.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:49 pm

As Conte said:

"I sold the most and spent the least during the January transfer window yet Siena was promoted."

This was at Siena, obviously. He also snapped at a press conference that Antonio showed me [post link if you can] and I love his passion. He will not take anything from anyone.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:50 pm

bhends wrote:"Going down" implies they are getting worse:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:50 pm

sciacca wrote:
St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:Has the pressure in a top club like Juventus dropped so low that a D2 coach is now a great candidate to support that kind of ambition?

He's done it with Bari, he's done it with Siena, in the same sort of pressure. He has succeeded in the past, and his system of play has always work. Look, nobody can predict the future, I can't say he will flop, as its not possible. Proven or not, hes proven as it stands in his career, facts don't lie. When it comes to Serie A, well he has never done it, but he is a former Captain of Juventus who has played in Serie A and with the squad from 1993 up until 2004, so he already knows about the league, the tatics, and what is expected.

scratch

did you just compare Juventus with Bari and Siena in terms of expectations? Laughing
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:50 pm

True of False: Juve have a better squad right now than last year

Hint: If you answered "False," you are a moron.

Well, while that is true, skill does not mean anything. As I said, Juventus won against big teams like Milan, Inter, Lazio, etc. last season yet lost to Parma, Catania, etc. so it is a matter of consistency and mentality as well as skill.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:51 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:As Conte said:

"I sold the most and spent the least during the January transfer window yet Siena was promoted."

This was at Siena, obviously. He also snapped at a press conference that Antonio showed me [post link if you can] and I love his passion. He will not take anything from anyone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:52 pm

They are trying to pull a Guardiola. Conte is a club man (And a five star stud I might add). It's a gamble but if it works it could work out very well.

I'm pretty sure Juve still have strong domestic support so attracting domestic talent will never be a problem. Also if I'm not mistaken they aren't wanting for cash either. Weird they have all the ingredients to do well but I think they lack a talisman be it as a player or a director or manager.

There's no clear leader calling the shots and working the deals. Until they find that type of person then I don't think they can completely get out of their rut.

They could still do well though, who knows.

Last edited by Zealous on Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:52 pm

Juvenelcuore wrote:@Surag: do not give me that. Bastos is better than Vucinic for the same price.

Danilo was the same price nearly as Lichtsteiner.

So you cant blame marotta for that cuz conte clearly preferred vucinic over bastos..

And i would rather have proven defensively solid reliable RB than an unproven south american entity..

And i read in some other thread that licht actually paid 2m form his won pockets..Not sure if its true..But the actual price i believe is around 9.5m
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:53 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
scratch

did you just compare Juventus with Bari and Siena in terms of expectations? Laughing

No, you misunderstood, you see Bari and Siena wanted to promoted to Serie A, and to do so, you need to reach 1st, 2nd or 3rd. To reach CL this season, you need to reach to the same position in Serie A. As in expectations, Bari and Siena wanted to be promoted rather than Juve wanted qualification in CL.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:54 pm

Surag.Blueguy wrote:
Juvenelcuore wrote:@Surag: do not give me that. Bastos is better than Vucinic for the same price.

Danilo was the same price nearly as Lichtsteiner.

So you cant blame marotta for that cuz conte clearly preferred vucinic over bastos..

And i would rather have proven defensively solid reliable RB than an unproven south american entity..

And i read in some other thread that licht actually paid 2m form his won pockets..Not sure if its true..But the actual price i believe is around 9.5m

Lichtsteiner paying is true, but like I said, around the same with Danilo being only a couple of million off.

@Antonio: grazie bro, I was looking for it. That is pure dedication. Now imagine what he is like with his former team that he captained !
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:55 pm

sciacca wrote:
St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
scratch

No, you misunderstood, you see Bari and Siena wanted to promoted to Serie A, and to do so, you need to reach 1st, 2nd or 3rd. To reach CL this season, you need to reach to the same position in Serie A. As in expectations, Bari and Siena wanted to be promoted rather than Juve wanted qualification in CL.

you realy think it's comparable?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:56 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:

With the squad he has with Siena, yes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:57 pm

Ever heard of subliminal stimulus? There is a process going but it's not enough to cause a change. The squad may be better than last year but you lost another year without progress and the squad isn't that much better to make up for it. Are you Scudetto candidates by now? High level mediocority vs. low level mediocority is still mediocority. Moron's visions don't reach that far Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:00 pm

sciacca wrote:
St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:

With the squad he has with Siena, yes.

then you have officially become a midtable club, even in mentalities. huge gamble.

losing a game with juventus will be nothing like losing a game with sienna or bari.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:02 pm

Diego was a good signing. 25 million for one of the best trequartistas in the world at the time, and statistically was better than sneijder. I know statistics can be very misleading, but die played alot better than people think, the whole team in general just wasnt playing well. He just wasnt given a fair chance. Especially after playing so well in preseason before last season, but still be sold. Melo also performed very well last season, even if his first season was a disaster. And these 2 as well as Amauri were purchased by Secco, not Marotta. Marotta has done an excellent job. Lets take a look:

POSITIVES:
-Got rid of Brazzo, Momo, Melo, Tiago, and Poulsen.
-Signed Krasic, Quags, Bonucci, Pirlo, Vidal, Lichsteiner, Vucinic, Ziegler and Matri, all great signings, some even excellent.
-Signed Pepe, Pazienza, and Toni, three good depth signings
-Solved our fullback problems quickly.

NEGATIVES:
-Sold Giovinco and Diego.
-Bought Martinez and Motta.
-Failed to get Aguero and Rossi (but brought in Vucinic instead for 1/2 the price, hopefully saving money for a left winger).

Considering Aguero or Rossi were never needed in the first place (though admittedly it wouldve been awesome to have huge bamed like that in our team again), since a left winger is far more important, id say that Marotta has done an excellent job so far.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:08 pm

juventus101 wrote:Diego was a good signing. 25 million for one of the best trequartistas in the world at the time, and statistically was better than sneijder. I know statistics can be very misleading, but die played alot better than people think, the whole team in general just wasnt playing well. He just wasnt given a fair chance. Especially after playing so well in preseason before last season, but still be sold. Melo also performed very well last season, even if his first season was a disaster. And these 2 as well as Amauri were purchased by Secco, not Marotta. Marotta has done an excellent job. Lets take a look:

POSITIVES:
-Got rid of Brazzo, Momo, Melo, Tiago, and Poulsen.
-Signed Krasic, Quags, Bonucci, Pirlo, Vidal, Lichsteiner, Vucinic, Ziegler and Matri, all great signings, some even excellent.
-Signed Pepe, Pazienza, and Toni, three good depth signings
-Solved our fullback problems quickly.

NEGATIVES:
-Sold Giovinco and Diego.
-Bought Martinez and Motta.
-Failed to get Aguero and Rossi (but brought in Vucinic instead for 1/2 the price, hopefully saving money for a left winger).

Considering Aguero or Rossi were never needed in the first place (though admittedly it wouldve been awesome to have huge bamed like that in our team again), since a left winger is far more important, id say that Marotta has done an excellent job so far.
I agree with the Diego part, very good compilation. Two big problems remain:
1. Overall the squad isn't good enough to challenge for Scudetto.
2. The manager is unproven at a very sensible stage. If he fails you have to start all over again.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:12 pm

It doesn't matter whether they are making baby steps or giant strides...

As long as Juventus are improving the squad relative to all other clubs in the league, they are moving in the right direction.

The question is, have Juventus already improved their squad relative to Milan, Inter, Roma and Napoli? What do Juventus fans feel?
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:15 pm

kiranr wrote:It doesn't matter whether they are making baby steps or giant strides...

As long as Juventus are improving the squad relative to all other clubs in the league, they are moving in the right direction.

The question is, have Juventus already improved their squad relative to Milan, Inter, Roma and Napoli? What do Juventus fans feel?

I think Juventus have had one of the best transfer campaigns thus far because the midfield has been transformed with Vidal and Pirlo and possibly another LW, but the problem is consistency against smaller clubs. Last season Juventus tied Roma, beat them, lost to Napoli, tied Napoli, beat Milan, lost to Milan, tied Inter, beat Inter, so clearly that was not the problem.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:21 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:

I think Juventus have had one of the best transfer campaigns thus far because the midfield has been transformed with Vidal and Pirlo and possibly another LW, but the problem is consistency against smaller clubs. Last season Juventus tied Roma, beat them, lost to Napoli, tied Napoli, beat Milan, lost to Milan, tied Inter, beat Inter, so clearly that was not the problem.

Consistency is down to the coach. Conte can solve that problem?
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:24 pm

Solid troll thread, would read again.

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:25 pm

kiranr wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:

Consistency is down to the coach. Conte can solve that problem?

Juve is going down with Marotta ! - Page 3 NEWS_1306217927_prima_2-1

"My Juventus will have balls."

He is a hard-minded, tough, passionate coach. Reminds me of myself. Wink
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:29 pm

See, I think thats one of our biggest problems. Every time a coach doesnt hold 1rst place (literally), we sack him and start over. Well never win that way. We need to give them a chance. And I definitely think weere strong enough to challenge for the Scudetto.

Buffon > Cesar > Abbiati

Chiellini/Bonucci >/= Nesta/Silva > Lucio/Ranocchia

Maicon/Nagatamo > Lichsteiner/PDC >/= Abate/Antonini

Marchisio/Pirlo/Vidal > Cambiasso/Motta/Zanetti > Gattuso/Boateng/Van Bommel

Robinho/Ibrahimovic/Cassano/Pato > Krasic/Quags/Matri/Vucinic = Sneijder/Eto'o/Pazzini/Milito
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:36 pm

juventus101 wrote:See, I think thats one of our biggest problems. Every time a coach doesnt hold 1rst place (literally), we sack him and start over. Well never win that way. We need to give them a chance. And I definitely think weere strong enough to challenge for the Scudetto.

Buffon > Cesar > Abbiati

Robinho/Ibrahimovic/Cassano/Pato > Krasic/Quags/Matri/Vucinic = Sneijder/Eto'o/Pazzini/Milito
Buffon > Cesar > Abbiati - Makes not much a difference, all of them are good to great gks

Nesta/Silva >Chiellini/Bonucci > Lucio/Ranocchia

Cambiasso/Motta/Zanetti >Marchisio/Pirlo/Vidal > Gattuso/Boateng/Van Bommel- Prilo is slow and Marshiso good but not superb, Cambiasso+Motta+Zanetti aren't creative but they'd dominate them.

Robinho/Ibrahimovic/Cassano/Pato > Sneijder/Eto'o/Pazzini/Milito >Krasic/Quags/Matri/Vucinic - There is Eto'O , Snejder is WC and Pazzini not too shabby either Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:38 pm

juventus101 wrote:See, I think thats one of our biggest problems. Every time a coach doesnt hold 1rst place (literally), we sack him and start over. Well never win that way. We need to give them a chance. And I definitely think weere strong enough to challenge for the Scudetto.

Buffon > Cesar > Abbiati

Juve is going down with Marotta ! - Page 3 441894849

Last edited by St_Nick09_of_Goal on Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:39 pm

Maicon has lost it, and Nagatomo is decent.

Pirlo has so much class, he does not need speed, because he has never relied on it. Marchisio and Vidal are better than anyone on Milan or Inter collectively.

Who had the best offense before Quagliarella was injured ? Juventus. Now add in Matri, and a 100% fit Krasic [he was only at 50%-30% last season] and good luck.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next