Hight: 183 cm
weight: 79 kg
Club: AC Milan
Contract Expires: June 2016.
Release clause: ???
Transfermarkt worth: €23M

Transfer preview: Thiago Silva A4f9bead425148133e37d0f7733caebe

Statistics:
He played for RS Futebol, Juventud, Porto, Dnamo Moscow, Fluminese and now he is playing for AC Milan. In 219 games he scored 17 goals.
This season in 39 games, one yellow card.

Features:
One of the best central backs on world, fact that he earned 1 yellow card in 39 games this season is amazing. He is CB but he can play as DM. Thiago Silva is "pitbull" type CB, great tackler, agressive but stil "clean", with good heading, footwork and long range shooting.

Conclusion:
He is playing in league where defense is main task, so adapting to Barca style can take few months, he probably does not speak Spanish, but he speaks Italian and Portugise, so he can learn it easy. Ageing puyol played 45% games in La Liga this season, he and Abidal suported with Masche can take one more, but stil it would be great for us to have player like Thiago Silva. It will be hard to buy him, but lets see his price.

Money:
His release clause is unknown, I don't think that Milan will let him go under €30M, maybe even €40M. they need him. And I don't think that Rossel will pay that price for him. But we have Ibra in Milan, they can buy him for €24M, if we can include Zlatan Immobile in Thiago Silva's transfer it would be good. Zlatan + some money, or even Better Zlatan + Maxwell or Jeffren or someone else. But still we need Silva's will.

Video:

ChollaVille
ChollaVille
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Transfer preview: Thiago Silva Empty Re: Transfer preview: Thiago Silva

Post by Brigate Rossonere Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:47 am

Not this again:

Transfer preview: Thiago Silva Facepalm_statue
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Napoli

http://acmilan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:50 am

Brigate Rossonere wrote:Not this again:

Transfer preview: Thiago Silva Facepalm_statue

Calm down mate he's doing this with practically every player Barca are heavily linked with he means no malice in what he's doing.( we all know Silva isnt going anywhere Very Happy )
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Ljuljo Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:52 am

We can dream...

And no need to facepalm, Chola is only being thorough with our rumors..
Ljuljo
Ljuljo
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by sagnik92 Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:01 pm

cholla you should do one on lavezzi.i have not seen him much.would like to know more about him.
sagnik92
sagnik92
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:36 pm

If Thiago Silva did come to Barcelona what role would you guys want him as? Rotating with Puyol? or starting over Puyol? He's far too good and far too expensive to be benched but we need Puyol's leadership and he still has a couple years to go.

Also the Vice President of Finance at Barcelona said that the transfer budget is 40 million euros, so I believe we'll make one maybe two big signings at most because when we sell Ibra that will leave us with about 64 million euros as well as anyone else that may be on their way out (G Milito, possibly Bojan etc.)

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/88/spain/2011/02/09/2344854/vice-president-of-finance-javier-faus-barcelona-have-summer

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:41 pm

If Thiago Silva did come to Barcelona what role would you guys want him as? Rotating with Puyol? or starting over Puyol? He's far too good and far too expensive to be benched but we need Puyol's leadership and he still has a couple years to go.

It's funny how people think Barca will actually sign him. It's even funnier how they think he would not start there...
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:44 pm

Brigate Rossonere wrote:

It's funny how people think Barca will actually sign him. It's even funnier how they think he would not start there...

I never said Barca were going to sign him. I said "IfThiago Silva did come to Barcelona"

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:53 pm

Lionel Messi wrote:
Brigate Rossonere wrote:

I never said Barca were going to sign him. I said "IfThiago Silva did come to Barcelona"

I didn't mean you specifically about the signing comment, I meant posters here in general.
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:05 pm

i know barca wont sign him, brigante!! but we can dream cant we!! Razz

on-topic, between the amount of games we'll have next year plus puyols increasing injury/age related fitness problems, he wouldnt be facing a shortage of matches IF he came(not that its going to happen)!!
Prometheus
Prometheus
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:09 pm

Brigate Rossonere wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:
Brigate Rossonere wrote:

I didn't mean you specifically about the signing comment, I meant posters here in general.
Well you did quote me sorry for the misunderstanding

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:10 pm

Prometheus wrote:i know barca wont sign him, brigante!! but we can dream cant we!! Razz

on-topic, between the amount of games we'll have next year plus puyols increasing injury/age related fitness problems, he wouldnt be facing a shortage of matches IF he came(not that its going to happen)!!
Puyol just got surgery for his injury and was told he would be able to play for 3-5 more years I believe

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:12 pm

Lionel Messi wrote:Well you did quote me sorry for the misunderstanding

Sorry for my mis-quoting Smile

Prometheus wrote:i know barca wont sign him, brigante!! but we can dream cant we!! Razz

Of course you can dream but some people think he is a realistic target.

Of course he won't face a shortage in playing time, BECAUSE HE WOULD START.
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:22 pm

hmmm i dont know, knees are a dodgy area to be suffering injuries in and once they start they rarely just get fixed so easily! much and all as id like our captain caveman to continue playing for another 5 years he wont be able for the 35-40 + games a season!!

and thats what im saying brigante, of course he'd start cos of the inevitable rotation that would have to take place! it wouldnt be as if he was directly taking someones place IF he made the move!
Prometheus
Prometheus
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:35 pm

Prometheus wrote:
and thats what im saying brigante, of course he'd start cos of the inevitable rotation that would have to take place! it wouldnt be as if he was directly taking someones place IF he made the move!

I'm afraid we still aren't saying the same thing. He wouldn't start because of rotation, he would start because of pure class. You can talk about Puyols leadership and what not but in terms of what they can do on the field at their respective ages, Silva leaves Puyol far behind.
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:51 pm

i know he's class and would command a starting place at any team that he plays for, im not disputing that! what im arguing with is the idea of him replacing someone in the starting line-up! everyone knows that barca suffered from a complete lack of depth in the CB position this year with them always seemingly having one recognised CB on the pitch so if Silva came in, yes he would be a first XI starter for sure but he wouldnt be replacing anyone!!
Prometheus
Prometheus
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by ChollaVille Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:11 pm

Milan fans... LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO
ChollaVille
ChollaVille
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:16 pm

ChollaVille wrote:Milan fans... LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO

You

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:16 pm

It's past midnight and I need to sleep, I'll comment on the matter of the starting line-up tomorrow, let's just remember to keep things civil and respectful when we develop the discussion.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:21 am

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
Calm down mate he's doing this with practically every player Barca are heavily linked with he means no malice in what he's doing.( we all know Silva isnt going anywhere Very Happy )

Mole, it's great to see you back with us.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:14 am

Brigate Rossonere wrote:
Prometheus wrote:

I'm afraid we still aren't saying the same thing. He wouldn't start because of rotation, he would start because of pure class. You can talk about Puyols leadership and what not but in terms of what they can do on the field at their respective ages, Silva leaves Puyol far behind.

We haven't lost a single game this season with Puyol in our team. Thiago Silva is probably a better player at this stage, but he wouldn't start over a fully fit Puyol.

I'd love that we sign him, but I think it's impossible.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:33 am

Retrospectively, given the past season, the discussion should focus more on Pique's inclusion in my opinion. Thiago Silva had a far better season than Pique, however it should also be pointed out that issues of complacency and motivation would likely be discarded by the arrival of a real threat to Pique's starting berth. Puyol is not yet at an age where he needs to be rotated or placed in cotton wool, however a three month lay-off would give the Pique-Silva partnership time to settle and also time to decide who is the weaker partner.

At the beginning of the season I'd have told you that Pique was the superior centre-back, with Silva a tier behind the elite. Now, I am not prepared to state that Silva is better, however perhaps equal. In truth I will not be making any judgement until I witness in the Champions League that Thiago is no longer subject to the flaws in his game which were evident eighteen months ago against Manchester United.

The threat to Pique's spot however is that he most certainly isn't a leader yet in defence, failing to take charge as an organiser and communicator with makeshift partners such as Busquets. Thiago Silva this season showed that he is comfortable in the absence of Nesta meanwhile, though this should be put in context as his main partner was Yepes, a centre back hindered by a lack of pace but an experienced head with strong positioning who whilst obviously outshone as a talent does not lack leadership himself.

In the end it would be a horrible decision when all three were fit and firing, but I can assure you that it's not a problem you will have to deal with, because Thiago Silva won't leave. I'd send back Ibrahimovic and sell you Pato more willingly.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:39 am

Pique has saved our ass and had a hell of a season. I give him a 10 out of 10.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:45 am

free_cat wrote:Pique has saved our ass and had a hell of a season. I give him a 10 out of 10.

Ended like a champion in the big matches, however we're discussing suitability for a tough, even more competitive league season and Pique was inconsistent and below his normal standards for the first half of the season. I've no doubt that complacency played its part, however this is no reason to dismiss his early season form.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:47 am

free_cat wrote:Pique has saved our ass and had a hell of a season. I give him a 10 out of 10.

Mate you cannot be serious he has been average compared to previous 2 seasons. Ok as Dosto said he played like a Champion when it really mattered but the fact remains most of the season he's been average and has had nowhere near the season TS has had.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next