Babun
McLewis
Great Leader Sprucenuce
23 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Gears of War Official Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Gears of War Official Thread

Post by Guest Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:56 pm

It's all about preference and styles; no one gun is any better than the other and anyone is capable of mastering any gun. It really comes down to: what map you're on, game mode and what you're looking to accomplish. I usually roll with the hammer-burst and Gnasher. I find that this combination allows you to have a proper short range weapon and a proper long range weapon; but some maps are all about the short range. e.g., Checkout and Rustlung.

You've managed to completely disregarded active reloads, which are much harder to achieve when using the retro; if you opt to use the lancer, you can make up for its lack of damage by getting active reloads. While the retro lancer is the most powerful weapon, it doesn't hold as many bullets per clip and has way more recoil, which makes it long range capabilities limited. The retro lancer lacks at long range because even when positioned correctly you can't use rapid fire effectively.

Some players are able to fire off the hammer-burst at high speeds and when you come up against certain players they're capable of downing you in no time. No matter how good the player is, there will be times when they get caught out of cover. Like Mole previously stated, I usually only pull out the retro lancer out when I'm not having a good gears day, or if I'm in a small map while playing king of the hill against very talented players.

I think you need more than 3 weeks playing Gears on and off to master it; also, keep in mind that you probably haven't come across some of the better players. What's your current rank?

P.S. What happened to your PS3 movement? Is this the same TMO that was knocking Gears of War a few months back?

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:39 pm

THC 10 wrote:It's all about preference and styles; no one gun is any better than the other and anyone is capable of mastering any gun. It really comes down to: what map you're on, game mode and what you're looking to accomplish. I usually roll with the hammer-burst and Gnasher. I find that this combination allows you to have a proper short range weapon and a proper long range weapon; but some maps are all about the short range. e.g., Checkout and Rustlung.

You've managed to completely disregarded active reloads, which are much harder to achieve when using the retro; if you opt to use the lancer, you can make up for its lack of damage by getting active reloads. While the retro lancer is the most powerful weapon, it doesn't hold as many bullets per clip and has way more recoil, which makes it long range capabilities limited. The retro lancer lacks at long range because even when positioned correctly you can't use rapid fire effectively.

Some players are able to fire off the hammer-burst at high speeds and when you come up against certain players they're capable of downing you in no time. No matter how good the player is, there will be times when they get caught out of cover. Like Mole previously stated, I usually only pull out the retro lancer out when I'm not having a good gears day, or if I'm in a small map while playing king of the hill against very talented players.

I think you need more than 3 weeks playing Gears on and off to master it; also, keep in mind that you probably haven't come across some of the better players. What's your current rank?

P.S. What happened to your PS3 movement? Is this the same TMO that was knocking Gears of War a few months back?
Never did i say i mastered the game, and my point was that if you know how to use the retro lancer well, concerning posititioning, timing and etc it is a great gun.

Im a level 46 and i still have ways to go but i am doing pretty well.

And dont exaggerate, i merely stated some comments on my thoughts on dlc overall, and u decided to get a bit excited, the game is great, well worth the dlc if you want it.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:07 pm

My bad, I just don't really like you (that should come as no surprise.)

Excited? I stated my opinions and you decided to turn on your forum personality and try to throw shots at me. I have you all figured out, your act doesn't fool me and when you grow up an mature you'll understand what I'm talking about. I thought we had built a relationship during our short time gaming and you decided to show me your true colors.

Back on topic: You claimed a game was garbage because of dlc content and had yet to actually try it out. Now you come back months later praising the game, sorry if you fail to see the humor in that. You might not have said you mastered the game, but your text implied you had it figured all out. I'm just letting you know that 3 weeks (on and off) with Gears is not enough time to know the game as well as you've described; while I'm not the most talented player I have actually friends who are students of the game. While my post might have attacked you, it also had a nice amount of information in it and you could learn something from it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:51 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Thimmy? You mean this?

*Black Xbox*

Yes i do have one ;p

I thought you would do that, so I wrote PS3 in white, but you did it anyway! scratch

Anyways, get a PS3 and come play with me and mtfuzzball Very Happy
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:54 pm

THC 10 wrote:My bad, I just don't really like you (that should come as no surprise.)

Excited? I stated my opinions and you decided to turn on your forum personality and try to throw shots at me. I have you all figured out, your act doesn't fool me and when you grow up an mature you'll understand what I'm talking about. I thought we had built a relationship during our short time gaming and you decided to show me your true colors.

Back on topic: You claimed a game was garbage because of dlc content and had yet to actually try it out. Now you come back months later praising the game, sorry if you fail to see the humor in that. You might not have said you mastered the game, but your text implied you had it figured all out. I'm just letting you know that 3 weeks (on and off) with Gears is not enough time to know the game as well as you've described; while I'm not the most talented player I have actually friends who are students of the game. While my post might have attacked you, it also had a nice amount of information in it and you could learn something from it.
Sigh, if you are here to argue about what i say, then i think its simpler for you to go and push the ignore me button,so that you cant relate to my existence.

Gears of war 3 is a good game, and its well worth the dlc, and i didnt feel attacked lol Smile i knew you were attacking me in your own way, but thats because you are angered at me and how i am Smile so "ignore me", youre the one that gets angry and flustered..Very Happy

And no i cant care less for your no life buddies, and what you think of the game, i explained why the retro is good for me, and how ive succeeded with it, so i think ill ignore you too since you have nothing worthy to say (that relates to me) other than complain.

Ciao Smile
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:57 pm

:lol!: still on that high horse I see, good to see things don't change. Like I said, I'm already onto you, at least try to be original (it'd be a nice change of pace.) Not here to argue, just here to put you in your place.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:01 pm

This post was made by THC 10 who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post. :lol!:

Prob complaining again right? i cant care less for your frustration ma fwend. Its Over just think of me as being dead or something, for ur own sake

Gears of War Official Thread - Page 5 Cristianoronaldo415jose

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back on topic, whats ur guys favorite maps? i just love azura and all the strategy involved around it, drydock is a cool place too, i seem to like open areas, theres a whole lot of possibilities.

The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:51 pm

TMO did you buy the priced DLC aswell as the free DLC or just the free?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:06 pm

This thread brings a tear to my eye. Sad

It reminds me that my xbox is destroyed, I need to get a new one and then fork out £40 for my year membeship. Sad

*sigh* Need to start playing Xbox again. I really miss it.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:27 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:TMO did you buy the priced DLC aswell as the free DLC or just the free?
i havent bought the season pass yet, ive been busy, havent been playing much of anything, only gears, i will buy it though.

Id like to play wingman with u bro, next time ur online please!
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:32 pm

Unless your interested in the story and Horde i wouldnt bother with the Pass because the Story and Horde DLC are not really worth it ( you get the maps with Horde with DLC with the Free DLC lol)

And theres only set of DLC left that covers that Pass and that is going to be Beast Mode related i would assume....

If i was you i would just get the multiplayer dlc by itself its 800 points i think.

And yh when iam next on, iam a bit crap at Wingman mainly because i mainly play TDM, Execution/Warzone and KOTH but it would be great to learn how to play it properly as its probably the only game mode i struggle in.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Yeezus Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:44 pm

Playing atm..anyone wanna join?

GT: Mario Godtze

Yeezus
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:44 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Unless your interested in the story and Horde i wouldnt bother with the Pass because the Story and Horde DLC are not really worth it ( you get the maps with Horde with DLC with the Free DLC lol)

And theres only set of DLC left that covers that Pass and that is going to be Beast Mode related i would assume....

If i was you i would just get the multiplayer dlc by itself its 800 points i think.

And yh when iam next on, iam a bit crap at Wingman mainly because i mainly play TDM, Execution/Warzone and KOTH but it would be great to learn how to play it properly as its probably the only game mode i struggle in.
Thanks for the heads up.

I have a good friend that ive known for years that keeps nagging me to buy the season pass or else we cant play in dedicated servers unless we pick "Player's Choice" which is what i have had to do.

I WILL DEFINATLEY go with the option to only buy multiplayer dlc because i cant care less for the story, i get too bored, maybe thats why i havent played a story based game in a while, unless its something i really want to play like RDR,GTA,Mass effect etc. I played 15 mins of Gears 3 campaign, its prob a great campaign but i just dont have the desire to play it.

I have a pretty positive record in wingman, but i havent played it in days, and in that proccess i have gotten much better...

I normally play Team death match, and KOTH the most, i love those, and even if i suck i always get more than a 1.2 K/d Per say.

Cant wait to play with sprucenuce.. Chaka, whatever that means.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:48 pm

Random name lol, btw me and Danny7 are on atm........

Welcome to join Very Happy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:51 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Random name lol, btw me and Danny7 are on atm........

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Random name lol, btw me and Danny7 are on atm........

K but i wont wear my mic, i have to tape it up for it to work and it takes too long.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:47 am

good games i guess mole Smile

Honestly speaking we were all just as good/horrible Smile
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:52 pm

I played bloody awful lol, it didnt help that there was someone on our team going 1-13 every round :facepalm:

Oh well, cant play well all the time i guess Very Happy

Fun playing with you in any case.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:54 pm

Hey, hey, I'm sure that 1-13 was giving it his all :lol!: and he showed dedication by continuing to try, even though he wasn't having a good day at the office.

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:07 pm

Thing is THC, thats one of the things that pisses me off most of all......

While Gears is a game that takes some getting used to, the amount of people that play the game like a chicken with his head cut off and dont use their brain.

You dont have to be skilled but if you use your brain you will come out on top more often than not....

I was watching this person play and he was running back 100mph to where he died last time while we were locked in spawn because he kept dying over and over again.

If he used his brain and sat back with us until we were in a position to push them back we might have had a chance.

Oh well you cant win them all Smile
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:40 pm

I was kidding, nothing irks me more than somebody dying due to ignorance. I know it's been a while and you might have forgotten how my mind works Sad The holy trinity must get back together, I miss you guys.

P.S. Gears of War 3 > Call of Duty. The only reason you'll see me on Call is because my friend sucks at Gears and constantly goes negative Gears of War Official Thread - Page 5 2276801876

Also, in Call of Duty some people have numbers like 4-20 and I have to deal with choppers flying all around the sky.

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:46 am

New DLC Announced

The pack will contain a total of five maps; three of these will play host to some form of natural disaster, as suggested by the name of the pack, while the other two will be Raven Down from the first Gears of War, and Jacinto from Gears of War 2.
The DLC was announced by executive producer Rod Fergusson on GameTrailers, who also provided a breakdown of how they've been designed.

Here's a description of each map:

Aftermath: A government park after a tsunami. There is seaweed and wreckage everywhere, and the main play space sits under a huge cargo ship which was deposited on top of a building during the storm. The area floods and quakes during gameplay, as the whole thing is teetering on the edge of falling into the water below. This has gameplay implications as it is difficult to aim during the quakes, and difficult to be stealthy while splashing through the water.

Artillery : Starts out looking like an ordinary military base, but during gameplay a storm kicks up. Lightning begins to flash on the horizon and eventually a tornado develops and sweeps near the play space. Dust and debris are kicked up making it difficult to see, and the buffeting winds can mask your approach.

Cove: A is a small port that the Stranded have taken over and turned into a little village. The map is very open with long lines of sight, but there is a really, really heavy layer of fog that masks just about everything. There's a really nice sniper nest inside a central ship, but the sniper's form is silhouetted by the low angle light shining through the fog.

Jacinto: It was a beautiful city, but huge stalks have popped up through the buildings and flooded the entire area with Imulsion. Half of the map is dead and crumbling, with Imulsion fumes hanging in the air. To make matters worse, the drizzle that is present when a match begins quickly develops into a heavy rain storm that impedes visibility and lines of sight as water starts sheeting off the buildings.

Raven Down: A very small crossroads that is blanketed in a blinding snow storm. A Raven helicopter has crashed in the storm, and crashed through an elevated train on its way down, so there's train wreckage to deal with as well. The snowstorm ebbs occasionally, but is more often so heavy that it's difficult to see more than a few meters ahead at any given time.
Fergusson also revealed that the DLC will include four weapons hidden in the maps called "Elemental Cleavers". He provided an example by describing the "snow cleaver", which sends an icy gust at the enemy that stuns them. The "emulsion cleaver" explodes on impact and does a small amount burn damage to nearby enemies. Achievements have been tied to these new weapons.

Epic hasn't put a price tag on the Forces of Nature DLC, but season pass holders will receive it for free.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/336299/gears-of-war-3-forces-of-nature-dlc-announced/

Hmm, multiplayer dlc? good news but not Beast like i imagined.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:29 pm

"And we're adding Guardian from Gears 2, something the community has really been pushing for. It's a way of saying 'Hey, we hear you, and we want you to keep going. If this is something that excites you that much, why don't we put in the game?'"

Is Guardian the same as it was in Gears of War 2 or have you decided to tweak the rules a little bit?

"We've tried to keep it as pure as we can. The thing is that we look at what the fans are asking for, they're asking for it because they like what they remember, and so the things that we've done in terms of weapon balance and in terms of ammo counts and power weapons, all that stuff will stay current in Gears of War 3.

"But the rule set is something that we've been very focused in keeping it based on the Gears of War 2 rule set, so we didn't want to change it [and say] 'Here it is! But we've changed it', that kind of thing. We didn't want to do that, we want to deliver what they're looking for."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/interviews/a366148/gears-of-war-3-forces-of-nature-interview-epic-on-the-final-map-pack.html

GUARDIAN IS RETURNING GET INNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN cheers
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:31 pm

No Avalanche, no party :facepalm:

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:45 pm

THC 10 wrote:No Avalanche, no party :facepalm:

Getting 5 maps with weather changes tho, surely thats good enough Very Happy plus one of them has a snow blitz so its sorta like Avalanche Very Happy

Plus Guardian is coming back so Zip it Very Happy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:14 am

la noire, batman arkham asylum, gears of war dlc, and fifa street.

dam has 2012 started well for me.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by Yeezus Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:21 pm

Bump for Mole-rage

Yeezus
First Team
First Team