futbol_bill
Cyborg
Doc
Adit
9 posters

Go down

Real Madrid vs Seville  Empty Real Madrid vs Seville

Post by Adit Sun May 09, 2021 8:21 am

Extremely crucial match. Back line is thin but apart from that every one is healthy. Hope curtois save us.

Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Real Madrid vs Seville  Empty Re: Real Madrid vs Seville

Post by Doc Sun May 09, 2021 1:56 pm

These are perennial winners so I have no doubt they are focused for this one. Hopefully their ability to kick a ball well shows up today too.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Sun May 09, 2021 8:00 pm

Starting 11
Courtois
Odri Militao Nacho Marcelo
Modric Casemiro Kroos
Valverde Benzema Vin
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Sun May 09, 2021 8:28 pm

The middle is being overrun.

Valverde should be playing in Modric's position and. Modric should be on the bench.

Modric has been good this season, but the game is being played around him so far in this game
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun May 09, 2021 8:54 pm

I think we all would agree that the talent on Madrid is far superior to Sevilla. Most if not all of Sevilla’s players would be deemed ‘not R. Madrid quality’ according to GL!

So explain to me how a coach not good enough for R. Madrid has them playing so systematically superior to us?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Sun May 09, 2021 9:30 pm

Tbh in this match Marcelo, Modric and Odri aren't superior.

How Marcelo continues to start is beyond me
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Sun May 09, 2021 9:33 pm

Militao securing his summer sale
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Sun May 09, 2021 9:41 pm

Our guys are shot. The schedule has screwed us. The injuries have screwed us. Take your pick bill. A lot of valid excuses.

A shame but it is what it is.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Sun May 09, 2021 9:46 pm

Forget the schedule. You can't complete a season with just 11 players. That's what Zidane and the management expected.

You have to integrate the younger players.

The club sold and sent players on loan who could have been crucial at this time of the season.

That's being said, Zidane has to stay next season. I can't take another management change just to see it fall apart mid season .
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun May 09, 2021 10:43 pm

Vini, Odri, whoever replaced Marcelo and Marcelo wouldn't start for Sevilla to be clear Bill.

For Madrid, it's the combination of schedule, age, injuries and depth.  Not just one of them alone.  

Take Kounde (who is the Ramos of Sevilla), the other starting CB, both starting fullbacks and Suso (the Hazard for Sevilla).... and lets see how Sevilla would have done.

Perez is an arrogant and entitled *bleep* who deserves the down cycle that is coming for Real Madrid.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun May 09, 2021 11:23 pm

@sportsczy what did perez do or not do in this case? i'm critical of management when necessary. and i've been consistent in stating that depth and competition for spots is key to success. but i don't see anything flo did wrong from last summer. there's a pandemic, so some funds are being lost from empty stadiums, and its hitting everyone's pockets around the world. iirc asking for reduced wages from players was an option. i don't think the club reduced their wages though. but its hard to ask for that and then make signings.

i dont know what flo did wrong in this case. should there have been changes prior to? yes, should their be depth? yes. but with a global economic crisis, coming off the back of just winning a league title, the club is right to run it back with the same faces....i honestly don't get what u're blaming flo for in this respect. unless your anger is just a spillover from his super league fiasco....btw i dont think i see atleti winning all 3 games
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon May 10, 2021 12:02 am

1- Instead of buying world class players, Madrid spent 40-50 mil a pop on toddlers with the hope that they'd become world class. Well the problem is that a) RM don't have the scouting department for it and b) the club culture is the oppposite of what a kid needs to develop. Hence, vini, rodrygo, militao, reguillon, odriozola, ceballos, jovic, etc. Odegaard and Asensio were cheap; so i didn't include them.

2- His ego doesn't allow for mistakes. Flo would rather die on his own sword than admit an error. Hence Bale still being on the payroll, Hazard likely being here for the next 3 years too, Ramos leaving.

3- Letting CR leave and not bringing in anyone who is a proven goalscorer on the elite stage. Cavani could have been had. As much as I'm not a huge fan... Kane could be here and he would have scored. Heck, forget CFs because we have Benzema. Back Benzema up properly! Buy scoring wing players!! Granted, Hazard was supposed to be that. But who was supposed to play on the right!!!

4- Hiring managers that were never going to succeed at Madrid in Lopotegui, Rafa and Solari. They don't have the personality for it. Carlo Ancelotti was available... but his ego wouldn't allow him to reach back out.

The greatness of the core players and a great manager have covered for incredible mistakes by management for years now... and now it's caught up to Madrid it seems.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon May 10, 2021 12:16 am

The second half was much better, although the result was unfortunate.

But i was impressed with Lopetequi’s squad. They were much superior in the first half and although we had them under much pressure in 2nd half, they did manage to hold it together. I only recognize 3 players on that team and their play was well organized and coordinated. Not bad for a guy who couldn’t cut it at Madrid!

Tito, i would just ignore anything Sports posts at this point. He did say he was done with Madrid, yet he keeps lingering. He is out there to defend Zidane and at this point not only blames Flo for everything, he detests him.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon May 10, 2021 12:33 am

@sportsczy that's old stuff. i thought u were talking about our last summer window....i dont disagree with it , but its stuff, that we havent mentioned for a while on the forum until the chelsea loss. if we were having the season we had two years ago (worst season ever imo), then i would entertain it. but we could still end up winning la liga. i think that discussion is best once the season is over. especially as we didn't bring it up when we were winning games (albeit most times quite boringly). overall scheme of things, you've got a point, but if its last summer, we maneuvered the best we could. for now lets try and get the last 3 games....sevilla matchup was always going to be tough.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon May 10, 2021 12:48 am

titosantill wrote:@sportsczy that's old stuff. i thought u were talking about our last summer window....i dont disagree with it , but its stuff, that we havent mentioned for a while on the forum until the chelsea loss. if we were having the season we had two years ago (worst season ever imo), then i would entertain it. but we could still end up winning la liga. i think that discussion is best once the season is over. especially as we didn't bring it up when we were winning games (albeit most times quite boringly). overall scheme of things, you've got a point, but if its last summer, we maneuvered the best we could. for now lets try and get the last 3 games....sevilla matchup was always going to be tough.

I agree.

Thankfully for Madrid, Barca and Atleti aren't any better off than Real Madrid.  All three clubs are facing down cycles. At least on the domestic stage, Real Madrid will continue to compete.  As far as Europe is concerned, making the semis was nothing short of a miracle this season.  I don't see it happening again unless the club makes drastic roster changes.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Mon May 10, 2021 3:26 am

Shame that Militao conceded the penalty as he was MOTM for me. Needs to learn to keep his arms down. If Ramos doesn't extend I'd be happy with Militao, Varane, nacho and alaba if he signs. Also Gutierrez is a fine player that I'd take over Marcelo.

Squad will remain the same I guess for next season but as I said before we should really take advantage of some very cheap options only for attack that are better options than most of our forwards. Defense and midfield should remain the same.
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Mon May 10, 2021 4:45 am

Watching Brahim Diaz at AC Milan.

He's been great. Takes on players, good vision and pace. Developing well.

Hopefully he come back to Madrid and isn't sold in the summer
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon May 10, 2021 11:33 am

Cyborg wrote:Watching Brahim Diaz at AC Milan.

He's been great. Takes on players, good vision and pace. Developing well.

Hopefully he come back to Madrid and isn't sold in the summer

Lol no. He has not been great. That Juve match was his best ever game probably. He is quite average.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Mon May 10, 2021 9:58 pm

I'd take what he's been over whatever is on the bench at Real Madrid.

Include Odegaard and Jovic as well.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down