Vibe
Myesyats
The Demon of Carthage
Zagadka
Robespierre
44 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1 - Page 21 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1

Post by iftikhar Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:49 pm

@rincon, it will sound funny, but I'm not joking

Walk into your nearest hospital and Yell "I have Corona Virus".

Seriously mate, it's obvious that most of the governments/countries aren't taking it seriously.

iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1 - Page 21 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1

Post by rincon Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:46 pm

Babun wrote:
rincon wrote:Lets not feed conspirscy theories. There is absolutely no evidence that the virus is manmade.

Covid-19 alias Wuhan Virus = SARS with different mutations (lung infection):
1. Develop a receptor to infect the throat cells
2. Develop a receptor to infect bronchia cells as well
3. Still possess the ACE2 receptor to dock onto lung cells without any impairment from the mutations in 1. and 2. From then on it is the SARS train. Absolutely no difference in damage or symptoms when Covid-19 reaches the lungs.
4. Develop the ability to not show any symptoms while still being highly contagious
5. Infect pets like dogs and cats

Virae are highly specialized organisms, they have got special protein receptors to dock and invade cells. Virae naturaly mutate but getting this many mutations at the same time adapted for transmission in human hosts while still maintaining all of the original properties is highly unlikely for a novel virus. Usualy, it has to adapt to the new host like SARS tried to do 20 something years ago when it jumped from animal to human host.

So 0 evidence, just baseless speculation. Nothing about this virus is unexpected or unexplainable in biology.

Last edited by rincon on Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:48 pm

iftikhar wrote:@rincon, it will sound funny, but I'm not joking

Walk into your nearest hospital and Yell "I have Corona Virus".

Seriously mate, it's obvious that most of the governments/countries aren't taking it seriously.

Appreciate the concern but I'm not dying, no need to be irresponsible. Better to act correctly to avoid worsening the situation.

Last 2 days I have been getting better Thumbs up
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:00 pm

rincon wrote:
Babun wrote:
rincon wrote:Lets not feed conspirscy theories. There is absolutely no evidence that the virus is manmade.

3. Still possess the ACE2 receptor to dock onto lung cells without any impairment from the mutations in 1. and 2. From then on it is the SARS train. Absolutely no difference in damage or symptoms when Covid-19 reaches the lungs.
4. Develop the ability to not show any symptoms while still being highly contagious

Virae are highly specialized organisms, they have got special protein receptors to dock and invade cells. Virae naturaly mutate but getting this many mutations at the same time adapted for transmission in human hosts while still maintaining all of the original properties is highly unlikely for a novel virus. Usualy, it has to adapt to the new host like SARS tried to do 20 something years ago when it jumped from animal to human host.

So 0 evidence, just baseless speculation. Nothing about this virus is unexpected or unexplainable in biology.

I gave you plenty of evidence, the mutation rate and the direction is too fast for the virus worlds. You didn't refute any of them. There is a published study but that one is more of a speculation than the statistical evidence:
https://londonlovesbusiness.com/scientist-says-covid-19-is-man-made-and-was-released-from-wuhan-lab/
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:14 pm

Babun wrote:
rincon wrote:
Babun wrote:

I gave you plenty of evidence, the mutation rate and the direction is too fast for the virus worlds. You didn't refute any of them. There is a published study but that one is more of a speculation than the statistical evidence:
https://londonlovesbusiness.com/scientist-says-covid-19-is-man-made-and-was-released-from-wuhan-lab/

No you didn't. The mutation rate is not too fast for a virus. Scientists are NOT saying that this virus is man-made. The link you posted is from 1 scientist saying that is possible that it was man-made, and NOT in a scientific publication but in an interview.

There is no scientific work claiming that this is the case. On the other hand, the studies show the opposite. The evidence points to the virus mutating from animals and making the jump into humans.

Here is an actual publication in Nature describing some of the current knowledge of it
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-020-2012-7?TB_iframe=true&width=370.8&height=658.8
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:46 pm

Well, it's happening guys...

I sit here and await the first cases, a Chinese male and possibly another female.

Already made arrangements for a condo where I can be alone, and who knows when I'm gonna see my family, as I sure as hell won't be going home, or anywhere for that matter.

Wish me luck...
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:04 pm

CBarca wrote:
Freeza wrote:Contagion getting its due as a great movie is also a silver lining

I took a class while I was in the UK on tropical diseases and we watched it. Thought it wasn't so bad. Decent film. Should probably watch again

Never been a better time to watch it. That virus is much more deadly though. 20% mortality rate.

I'd be hard pressed to find a movie that's "aged" better. Soderbergh really is great. And I love how he shows how corporate bullshit, politics and greed can keep us from overcoming a crisis like this in the right way.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:05 pm

I'm trying to do a weekly shop as normal and can't buy bread, toilet rolls, kitchen rolls, and the majority of tinned food. :facepalm:

Community spirit really shines through during these times, doesn't it.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:12 pm

Jay29 wrote:I'm trying to do a weekly shop as normal and can't buy bread, toilet rolls, kitchen rolls, and the majority of tinned food. :facepalm:

Community spirit really shines through during these times, doesn't it.

It's awful. People rushing in to stores like it's black friday.

Do they not realise the stuff is going to be there even if the country is locked down? no one is going to stop them accessing food or essentials.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:14 pm

The whole mass panic for toilet rolls are weird to me.

They're way more important things if you're stockpiling stuff, you don't really need them as long as you have clean water. A lot of countries don't really use them.

I know you're not Jay(it sounds like you're just doing a standard shop) but for the people who are.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:23 pm

You'd think toilet rolls prevented the virus or something.

It's panic, yet it's panic about being stuck at home with a dirty arse when a) you've got bigger things to worry about and b) as long as you have water, you can clean yourself anyway.

We have no thoughts of stockpiling in our house. I've got my mother, brother, his partner and their three kids living here, so our shops can get big, but even still we don't need that much toilet roll or bread. My brother and I have IBS and we still don't use that much.

If and when the country locks down and we're told to stay at home, we'll still be able to go out and get stuff, or have it delivered to us.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:37 pm

I'd rather use toiler paper than not.... that's about as far as that goes for me Laughing

The bigger issue in the US is that you can't find hand sanitizers and N95 Respirators and Surgical Masks (the only ones that actually do something)... i have some masks in stock; but no sanitizers.

They're probably manufactured in China, which is why there are shortages.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:47 pm

anyone worried about not having any hand sanitizer make your own by drying out normal wet wipes and soaking them in disinfectant job done Thumbs up
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:53 pm

Found this to be good practical advice:

FAKE NEWS:

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:00 pm

a few weeks ago my son had the flu and we thought nothing of it because we had no cases near us and he had only been to school and home but it realy knocked the shit out of him. thinking about it now maybe we should have got him tested. the wife came down with a cough and sore throat for 2 days but nothing bad im now thinking did they have it ffs. Shocked
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:06 pm

@BC

Stanford says they never posted this. Its a fake post and not all of it is proven to be true
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:28 pm

Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:46 pm

Denmark in a 2 week lockdown Molenation

Can finally feel good about doing f’all
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:06 pm

Another new hard measure. Even harder

Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:08 pm

Took them long enough...
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:14 pm

Myesyats wrote:Took them long enough...

Easy for you to say but all of this is lethal for the economy

People will go banrupt left and right, lifes will be ruined, it's not a good thing and frankly I'm not sure whether this disease is bad enough to justify stuff like this
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:16 pm

I can't believe how , while Italy are going mad ( correctly)   to fight  coronavirus,  you can see, for example, 3'000 Atletico Madrid fans  in liverpool
we Italians hope to get out of it as soon as possible, and we are making huge sacrifices, but after we 'd go beyond this , we will have to be careful to those  neighboring countries   are not making countermeasures while Italy are facing a  phase of extreme suffering
Italy underestimated   coronavirus but there were some extenuating circumstance
...  epidemic from  another continent ( so you feel it as far) , Italy was the first country  to face directly   in Europe ( so unpreparedness ) ... but what excuses for France,Germany,Spain, UK ? USA have Trump, they already suffer enough

I mean this is the  speech by  French republic today, "we will not give up concerts, evening parties" etc

For me it's simply insane. Italy, your closer country, are under war setup.
Coronavirus means fast infection , it means playing with fire.

Last edited by Robespierre on Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:18 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:

People will go banrupt left and right, lifes will be ruined, it's not a good thing and frankly I'm not sure whether this disease is bad enough to justify stuff like this

It is
Read this

https://www.tagesspiegel.de/gesellschaft/panorama/aus-dem-coronavirus-krisengebiet-tsunami-der-uns-ueberwaeltigt-hat-der-verzweifelte-bericht-eines-italienischen-arztes/25629010.html
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:26 pm

Robespierre wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:

It is
Read this

https://www.tagesspiegel.de/gesellschaft/panorama/aus-dem-coronavirus-krisengebiet-tsunami-der-uns-ueberwaeltigt-hat-der-verzweifelte-bericht-eines-italienischen-arztes/25629010.html

I read the story by this doctor already on Monday after Babun posted it here, and it impacted my attitude towards the virus, I absolutely do not want to minimize the danger
But to close all shops? What happens with the store owners? What happens with their employees? Will the government give them money? And then, will people be allowed to by stuff off Amazon? What about package delivery workers, they have to keep working?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:28 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:

It's actually a really good ethical question.

I too am in doubt as to whether this disease warrants it. But I respect people taking a stance. It will have huge repercussions though
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:30 pm

The article posted by Robes is absolutely scary.

My German is very bad, but I was able to glean the main points from it.

If the surgeon thinks that the virus is really dangerous, even for young people, he really should be taken seriously.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next