Vibe
Myesyats
The Demon of Carthage
Zagadka
Robespierre
44 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1 - Page 30 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:21 pm

Vibe wrote:My shift is up... Patient tested positive. We spent 12 hours together, quarantined in a room.

Now I am alone, I decided to separate from my wife and kid to protect them. I hope it ends well...

Anyway, had to transport the patient to our main hospital in the capital. We only have like 40 confirmed cases and 0 deaths, and there was chaos already there when I arrived.

They don't have enough tests and they have no staff or room for people... Basicaly sending them home if they can stand. And the people aren't taking it well, fighting with the staff.

Eerie scenes. Gonna have to buy some toilet paper soom

Stay strong, Vibe. There's nothing more noble and rewarding than saving people's lives.

You're too brave, man. Stay safe!

The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1 - Page 30 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:23 pm

Zagadka wrote:Today is day 1 of quarantine here.

I've started daily vlogging about this Corona experience...one minute. Something to look forward to every day, and be fun in midst of all this chaos.

@Vibe...you're a hero , @RG, seriously, get well!

You should seriously think about becoming a professional satirist Laughing
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:38 pm

Thanks guys.

I would have never remembered RG Laughing

Good times
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:39 pm

WTF Sepi is that you my nemesis
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:44 pm

Vibe wrote:Thanks guys.

I would have never remembered RG Laughing

Good times

I can never forget

Vibe wrote:WTF Sepi is that you my nemesis

He has come a long way from making charlie sheen videos

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:44 pm

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:54 pm

rincon wrote:
Nishankly wrote:
rincon wrote:

There are not enough tests. They are basicslly running them as fast as they can it seems like. So basically unless you need to be hospitalized you won't get tested.

I know 99% sure, I won't have any problems or symptoms from that Algerian woman coughing but if i do, I feel France would still check me out since I am not from here and an international student.

But it seems, the testing, not only in Europe, but even in countries with less cases are limited to travel or influence from sites of outbreak.

Being an international student means nothing. I am also not from here, that's irrelevant.

Its past the point where they will test everyone as its spreading too quickly. For most people that are infected the best thing to do is stay inside and stop spreading the virus.

I think I have my University behind my back, they'll make sure I get tested since their reputation is on the line (speculation) and now we have about 3-4 emails per day on the status and we have direct contacts with the hospitals in Lille. Its in the top 3 of France but regardless I do agree with the latter.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:03 pm

RealGunner wrote:
Vibe wrote:

Gonna have to buy some toilet paper soon

Reminds me of THAT thread you made some 10-11 years ago now Laughing

Dead Laughing
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:10 pm

Vibe wrote:My shift is up... Patient tested positive. We spent 12 hours together, quarantined in a room.

Now I am alone, I decided to separate from my wife and kid to protect them. I hope it ends well...

Anyway, had to transport the patient to our main hospital in the capital. We only have like 40 confirmed cases and 0 deaths, and there was chaos already there when I arrived.

They don't have enough tests and they have no staff or room for people... Basicaly sending them home if they can stand. And the people aren't taking it well, fighting with the staff.

Forza brother.
Your old people saw  adversities too you are seeing a similar thing and you'll win it. Because you are strong, I am sure. Our hero :bow:

Last edited by Robespierre on Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:19 pm; edited 3 times in total
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:18 pm

Zagadka wrote:Today is day 1 of quarantine here.

I've started daily vlogging about this Corona experience...one minute. Something to look forward to every day, and be fun in midst of all this chaos.

@Vibe...you're a hero , @RG, seriously, get well!

Laughing

It will be there months so at least imo

First day I can finally go out I stop the first girl who I meet and I ask her if she wants to marry me
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:19 pm

France has announced lockdown as well (closure of restaurants, cinemas, cafes and clubs) and banned gatherings of 100+ people.

I wish they didn't take this disease so lightly from the beginning. I wish they took the warnings of the Italian doctors more seriously.

In the meantime in Tunisia, some of the Tunisians who came from Europe to visit the country and were told to stay home for at least 14 days before seeing anybody, were spotted outside socializing with other people.

Some people are just irresponsible and selfish by nature. Not only did they pick the worst time to come visit, but also their total disregard to other people's well-being is baffling.

I wish there was a hefty fine for people like them.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:39 pm

We need to start talking about Spain, they have the highest breakout. 3500 cases in 2 days. (most Madrid).
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:53 pm

ok well... NYC is in trouble.  A couple of friends of mine who are doctors with a couple of the major hospitals just told me today that, although the official number of positive tests is 200 in the city, the number is likely in the 1000s if not 10s of thousands.  

Reasons are:
-  There are very few test kits available
-  Until yesterday, you needed to either go to the hospital or have your doctor prescribe the test... well, nobody is going to take the subway to see their doctor and doctors can only see so many patients a day.  So only the ones who are very sick are going to get tested... and that should rise rapidly.
-  Even if you did ask for a test, you had to be considered an "at-risk" person to get it.  Whatever that means.

Oh... and schools are still open for kids, restaurants and bars are still crowded and, although spooked, most people have the attitude "whatever happens, happens".

I think it's going to become ground zero here pretty quick.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:00 am

And we should talk about Singapore , they're containing greatly Coronavirus

Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:40 am

On a lower scale, my province is managing this quite well. 20 official cases total, + 7 since the measures are taken. I talk of my province, not my country (Canada) which is lead by a beta cuck who's still not decided on what to do.

Btw the first 2 quebecers to have the virus, they were aboard Diamond Princess, it's a old couple they are 75 years old. The lady has diabetes, the man has a cancer history, and they both do hypertension. Yet on an interview they say it wasn't that bad despite their conditions.

Makes me think it's a roll of the dice. My father has leukemia and he's in his 60s, my grandma is like 85 with alzheimer. So i am worried for them in case they catch it. My mom is 59 but she's more active than i am, she'll be good i think. My brother, most of my friends and I smoke which is my only concern for us youths.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:09 am

:bow: :bow:
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:39 am

Stay safe guys, I just started experiencing a dry cough. I hope I've not caught the virus:oops:
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:59 am

Where's @Firenze??? @rincon and @RealGunner, take care and keep us posted. Our prayers are with you. @Vibe, salute brother.

We have two new cases taking the total to five. Just yesterday 142 people (mostly from Italy) has been released without testing as they claimed they were OK. However, another 69 has been taken to a temporary quarantine area. It's also been established that in the absence of any monitoring, all those who have returned recently are roaming around freely.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:18 am

Nishankly wrote:We need to start talking about Spain, they have the highest breakout. 3500 cases in 2 days. (most Madrid).

first two cases reported in Namibia yesterday.
A Spanish couple who has been traveling 🤷

i don't understand how you can be traveling for fun in times like this, if they visited family i would've understood
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:46 am

@Firenze, @RealGunner and @rincon, how are you feeling guys? Is everything okay and do you have someone to drop off whatever it is you need?
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:56 am

Symptoms still persists. They are mild though. It very well be just a cold (i hope) but i am not risking others.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:33 am

RealGunner wrote:Symptoms still persists. They are mild though. It very well be just a cold (i hope) but i am not risking others.

Careful with taking ibuprofen:
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanres/article/PIIS2213-2600(20)30116-8/fulltext

Paracetamol ( tachipirina for Robespierre) is safe to use.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:41 am

Doctors prescribe ibuprofen, dont spread misinformation. That article is about people with cardiac conditions.

Last edited by rincon on Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:42 am

The Demon of Carthage wrote:@Firenze, @RealGunner and @rincon, how are you feeling guys? Is everything okay and do you have someone to drop off whatever it is you need?

Yeah it's all good. I got hit pretty hard but now I'm on the final stretch. Significantly better and surely will be good in a couple of days max.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:52 am

rincon wrote:Doctors prescribe ibuprofen, dont spread misinformation. That article is about people with cardiac conditions.

Human pathogenic coronaviruses (severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus [SARS-CoV] and SARS-CoV-2) bind to their target cells through angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2), which is expressed by epithelial cells of the lung, intestine, kidney, and blood vessels.4
The expression of ACE2 is substantially increased in patients with type 1 or type 2 diabetes, who are treated with ACE inhibitors and angiotensin II type-I receptor blockers
You mix up the cause with the result. Ibuprofen is an ACE inhibitor. People with diabetes and/or hypertension are treated with with ACE inhibitors because of their condition (ibuprofen among them). The effect is the same for sick and healthy people: the ACE receptor becomes more accessible for COvid-19 to attach itself onto it.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:01 pm

Stop playing doctor. The article is about people with different conditions, cardiac problems and diabetes. People should listen to their doctors and not random online sources, these are tentative conclusions. They themselves say the hypothesis is unconfirmed, and their suggestions are for people with these underlying conditions IF their findings are confirmed.

The best thing to do is to listen to your doctor.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next