Vibe
Myesyats
The Demon of Carthage
Zagadka
Robespierre
44 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1 - Page 22 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed 11 Mar 2020, 22:30

The article posted by Robes is absolutely scary.

My German is very bad, but I was able to glean the main points from it.

If the surgeon thinks that the virus is really dangerous, even for young people, he really should be taken seriously.

The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1 - Page 22 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed 11 Mar 2020, 22:32

Freeza wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:
Myesyats wrote:Took them long enough...

Easy for you to say but all of this is lethal for the economy

People will go banrupt left and right, lifes will be ruined, it's not a good thing and frankly I'm not sure whether this disease is bad enough to justify stuff like this

It's actually a really good ethical question.

I too am in doubt as to whether this disease warrants it. But I respect people taking a stance. It will have huge repercussions though

If you're a healthy 30 year old person who is basically in no danger whatsoever by this virus yet your life is financially ruined to to the quarantine measures?
I'm not sure what I would think
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed 11 Mar 2020, 22:34

The Demon of Carthage wrote:The article posted by Robes is absolutely scary.

My German is very bad, but I was able to glean the main points from it.

If the surgeon thinks that the virus is really dangerous, even for young people, he really should be taken seriously.

Babun posted a link to the same account here on Monday, it's in English translation on reddit

Babun wrote:A pretty precise description of the outbreak in Bergamo/Italy by a doc who works in a hospital there:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Coronavirus/comments/ffa2tf/testimony_of_a_surgeon_working_in_bergamo_in_the/?utm_content=body&utm_medium=post_embed&utm_name=5ce16a596f784dc1bd99d7e457d790c5&utm_source=embedly&utm_term=ffa2tf

Conclusion: SARS-COV-2 isn't a flu!

It's terrifying alright and when I read it was the moment I started to take this seriously tbh
Still, it must be a matter of degrees mustn't it?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed 11 Mar 2020, 22:45

How do you expect to find enough beds for all the patients? Its impossible. Basic human right is to get medical treatment so what if there's no space for new patients? This virus needs to be contained at all costs
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed 11 Mar 2020, 22:47

Myesyats wrote:How do you expect to find enough beds for all the patients? Its impossible. Basic human right is to get medical treatment so what if there's no space for new patients? This virus needs to be contained at all costs
they will have to call in the army to set up medical tents and use army medics
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed 11 Mar 2020, 22:50

Myesyats wrote:@BC

Stanford says they never posted this. Its a fake post and not all of it is proven to be true
damn fell for it like a sucker

got a source btw? want to send it to the person that forwarded it to me, but a quick google search didn't turn it up

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Wed 11 Mar 2020, 22:56; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Wed 11 Mar 2020, 22:52

The intensive care beds (ICU) in Brescia are full now, no capacity left at the moment. The patients are getting younger.
65enni: essi rappresentano il 59% dei ricoverati in terapia intensiva. Ma il 33% delle persone intubate (anche a Brescia) ha tra i 50 ed i 64 anni. E l’ 8% un’età compresa tra 25 e 49 anni.
https://brescia.corriere.it/notizie/cronaca/20_marzo_10/gallera-preoccupal-aumento-casi-prefetto-calerannorispettando-regole-2d01b152-62ac-11ea-a693-c7191bf8b498.shtml

Second source about the increase of the 30 - 45 in whole Lombardy region (9% right now):
https://www.giornaledibrescia.it/brescia-e-hinterland/coronavirus-aumentano-i-nuovi-pazienti-tra-i-30-e-i-45-anni-1.3466381
8% of all of the ICU patients are between 25 - 49 years old. The amount is increasing. They have to decide whether to give an ICU bed to a younger patient case by case.
rincon wrote:
Spoiler:
Let's agree to disagree. Yes, it is not proven 100%. The study you posted is also about the likelyhood of a mutation, not a proof.

Last edited by Babun on Wed 11 Mar 2020, 22:59; edited 3 times in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed 11 Mar 2020, 22:53

BarrileteCosmico wrote:

Stanford says they never posted this. Its a fake post and not all of it is proven to be true
dont sweat it. ive told many girls that we need to have sex because the world is ending and they fell for it. cheers
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed 11 Mar 2020, 22:54

look at it this way lads in a few years we can look back and say we survived the virus and liverpool winning the title Very Happy
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed 11 Mar 2020, 23:03

Read it again in English from the link posted by Hans.

It's not like I was taking it lightly before, but now I'm even more concerned by it and I really don't think their decision to lockdown the whole country is an extreme one. Given the circumstances and the seriousness of the disease, it seems to me like the right thing to do.

It'll hit the economy pretty hard, but I think people's lives matter more. I hope other countries follow through as well.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed 11 Mar 2020, 23:08

BarrileteCosmico wrote:

got a source btw? want to send it to the person that forwarded it to me, but a quick google search didn't turn it up

https://stanfordhealthcare.org/stanford-health-care-now/2020/novel-coronavirus.html

Its the actual Stanford page with real information. It doesnt say 26/27 temperatures kill the virus etc. It is not yet known
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed 11 Mar 2020, 23:43

Can't open the tv, listen to radio, read on twitter etc without being overdosed by coronavirus. So i'm getting a bit frustrated.

Will this shit last until summer ? Really hope not
Such a terribly boring saga it seems everybody is panicking
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed 11 Mar 2020, 23:52

It’s in Dallas now. I work a job where I’m constantly around people all day. Wish me luck boys, it’s coming for me
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu 12 Mar 2020, 00:05

Found this doctor on Youtube who does a good job of pouring over the data and assessing which countries are responding well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzXQ6Bu9JVI

Can't open the tv, listen to radio, read on twitter etc without being overdosed by coronavirus. So i'm getting a bit frustrated.

If the world (well, mostly Europe and the US, really) gets it shit together, the number of cases can decrease a lot by the summer.

The number of new cases from China and South Korea are decreasing. There are a select few European countries doing a good job of containing it before it spreads too much.

Sadly, the big European countries haven't done so well. Italy are suffering the most, of course, due to catching it late, and others aren't learning from their struggles. France and Spain are reporting worrying numbers. Germany are doing well, though, if their low death rate is anything to go by.

Cases in the UK are still relatively low, and the number of daily tests is being increased from 1,500 to 10,000. However, they're still persisting with mass gatherings which is concerning.

The US' centralised response has been poor, but it seems individual states are taking action now.

Unfortunately, even if the virus is under control by the summer, there'll be a lot of long-lasting damage and the big summers events (Euros, Olympics) are unlikely to go ahead.

As for the panic, it's justified in some respects.

The latest data shows there are currently 54,000 active cases on infected people. 89% develop mild symptoms, leaving around 6,000 who develop severe symptoms and require hospital treatment. This is a significant number that is already placing strain on healthcare services and if it's not controlled, those services will be unable to cope. And it's in that scenario when the death rate will increase because treatment won't be available to everyone. To say nothing of people with serious illnesses and injuries unrelated to coronavirus who might not get treatment.

That's a worst case scenario but one that will happen if half the world continues to not take it seriously enough.

Data from here btw:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu 12 Mar 2020, 00:11

Warrior wrote:Can't open the tv, listen to radio, read on twitter etc without being overdosed by coronavirus. So i'm getting a bit frustrated.

No idea, people who keep saying this will go away with warm weather are talking out of their asses.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu 12 Mar 2020, 00:19

Robespierre wrote:I can't believe how , while Italy are going mad ( correctly)   to fight  coronavirus,  you can see, for example, 3'000 Atletico Madrid fans  in liverpool
we Italians hope to get out of it as soon as possible, and we are making huge sacrifices, but after we 'd go beyond this , we will have to be careful to those  neighboring countries   are not making countermeasures while Italy are facing a  phase of extreme suffering
Italy underestimated   coronavirus but there were some extenuating circumstance
...  epidemic from  another continent ( so you feel it as far) , Italy was the first country  to face directly   in Europe ( so unpreparedness ) ... but what excuses for France,Germany,Spain, UK ? USA have Trump, they already suffer enough

I mean this is the  speech by  French republic today, "we will not give up concerts, evening parties" etc

For me it's simply insane. Italy, your closer country, are under war setup.
Coronavirus means fast infection , it means playing with fire.

Pathetic message by Macron
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu 12 Mar 2020, 00:21

Christian Drosten and Alexander Kekule (not some youtubers but renown virologists, professors and leading researchers in their field) said SARS and MERS weren't halted by warm weather at all. MERS still exists in the middle east. SARS just happened to die out at the end of the June. They say the transmission happens from human to human because there is no inborn immunity to the novel coronavirus. They expect the infection rate to drop but not significantly, especially in densly populated regions of the world. Right now, they are doing tests about humidity as a factor. Apparently, the factor is more important than temperature in case of Covid-19.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu 12 Mar 2020, 00:22

too easy for viruses to spread. I think some of you are finding it too easy to blame governments and health systems. Sure most health systems are shit already and this virus is just highlighting it again. But this is rather new territory for us all, and it's only getting more media hype because it's in Europe. Wouldn't have garnered the same responses if the breakout was just in China and Africa.

With no vaccine, it seems like we're in for the long haul with this one.

Hospital conditions and overall day to day living conditions will be much worse in Africa if it gets to the level that it is now in Europe.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu 12 Mar 2020, 00:25

El Gunner will be on next week saying arsenal players hold the record for most players infected with corona virus and shitting on spurs and liverpool for it rofl rofl rofl
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Thu 12 Mar 2020, 00:33

Oh yeah if the virus remained in Asia there would be much less fuss about it. Italy's situation is indeed concerning, as for medias they keep saying contradictory stuff, which contributes to the panic... which contributes to medias covering that even more

Everything is getting cancelled

Also is it possible to not see someone's sig ?? Babun's sig gets annoying after a while unless you are 15 years old.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu 12 Mar 2020, 00:34

If you have ad blocker you can right click and block the image
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu 12 Mar 2020, 00:37

rincon wrote:If you have ad blocker you can right click and block the image

god thanks
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu 12 Mar 2020, 02:19

Tom Hanks has tested positive (Australia).
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu 12 Mar 2020, 02:22

Kudos to him for admitting it so (fairly) early. Him saying it will make a lot of people wake up to the disaster this virus is and how much worse it can become. Great thing to do.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu 12 Mar 2020, 02:23

US closes borders to all European travel for 30 days.

released 200 billion to Small Business Administration to make no-interest loans to support businesses who are impacted.

All medical expenses related to the virus will be free to all.

For those who cannot work as a result of the virus, direct financial aid will be made.

Tax payments deferred so people and business can keep their cash to meet their needs.

Pretty crazy stuff.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu 12 Mar 2020, 03:24

USA is finally making moves. It took us way too long, but at least it's happening.

We'll see how this evolves and if the US has the guts to call the shots that might be required
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next