Thimmy
chad4401
futbol_bill
Doc
Mr Nick09
35 posters

Page 1 of 39 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 39  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc Empty Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:16 pm

no Pogba no Party
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by Doc Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:24 pm

Signing for the future only works when the club actually has a structure that makes it possible for said signings to have a future with the club. The way we signed youngsters, it felt more like "whatever sticks on the wall" than something that was meant to be a long term vision.

What I am trying to say is Pogba can keep his lazy ass in Manchester and give me Ode or give me nothing.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by futbol_bill Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:26 pm

The real reason for Sports’ objection is The non signing of Pogba!

The guy with the crap agent that demanded both an outrageous signing fee, salary plus a unacceptable image right percentage. he since went to Man U and has never lived up to the price tag. And yet some here still insist Flo should pay the demanded price based solely on his efforts in a one month duration with his NT.

By the way, apparently Flo has told Zidane, He won’t pay any more than 50M for him as he doesn’t believe he is worth price tag.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:52 pm

Don't see how 300 mil on couple players makes the team more or less competitive, end of the day flo know what he is doing and stopped being reactionary, unlike dude who saw the team get trashed by atleti in preseason, shit on the club now atleti is what 6th, they spent a lot of money on hyped players like Felix so what? Their still losing so again this theory is silly.

how much money barca spent? It still comes down to Messi or nothing, end of the day you guys cry for these big transfers cause you want the fee to force out players you don't like, I don't need casemiro or valverde or rodrygo, etc, to be hype jobs costing a 100 mil to appreciate them, which is something real Madrid fans struggle with, you guys care about bragging more than winning.

I doubt flo is gonna spend 200 mil on mbappe, he not trying to pay bs fees especially for a kid who rejected the club in the first place, everyday fans and zz sucking him off like he is some god, he better force his way out for a 150 mil or he gonna have to run down his contract, flo is actively trying to get the next big thing through scouting, it's obvious that why ungrateful fans would use players presentation cry for mbappe, cause he is the hottest name that it, winning with jovic instead of him, is the same thing for flo.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:04 pm

We acquired your eternal, unrequited crush, Benzema thanks to those expensive, «hyped up players», you retard. I hope Isco hits form soon, so I can witness your weekly outbursts again.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:28 am

Forgive him, he's not a Madrid fan so his knowledge is quite limited.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:26 am

No.  I was livid when our midfielders were OBVIOUSLY getting old, Marcelo was Marcelo AND we sold Ronaldo... and signed Courtois ONLY.  As if Ceballos, Llorente, Isco, Asensio, Reguillon and Odriozola were going to become a golden generation like Barca's.

To me, that was the definition of delusional, stupid or just plain ripping off the fans.

Buying a bunch of kids and throwing to the fire at Real Madrid of all places just stunk.

What stunk more is that we STUCK TO THE PLAN all of 2.5 months.  That was the time alloted to make that strategy work.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:51 am

Absolutely it was the right strategy to sign young players rather than established stars. We had starters coming off repeat CL winning seasons, living Titans in the history of Madrid, players who could simply not put in competition with other guys.

What they needed were clear back up, number 2s and young talented players with that understanding was perfect. Those young players you list all had potential to grow into starters for Madrid, the same way Valverde is starting for us today and playing well.

The plan is alive and well. Sign young players, continue to sign young players, loan some, play those you can keep around, and some gems will come through. Meanwhile, when you have the opportunity to sign sure fire stars, you do it.

It's a long term strategy that makes a lot of sense and has been implemented well looking at the Grand scheme of things.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:10 pm

Forgive him, from his perspective, the youth strategy only works if you sign French youth!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:44 pm

Not sure why you use my posts to make digs at Sports, I want no part of it.

It's fine to have a different opinions on this topic, no one is right or wrong. Sports, as other see things differently, we will continue to argue about the validity of our beliefs and that's ok.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:15 pm

Exactly man. I respect most everyone's opinions here... which is why I post. If I just wanted to hear the same things I'm thinking, what's the point?

Love to hear other people's view on things.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:19 pm

Just to reiterate... if Real Madrid would say that we're going with the youth, finishing top 4 is ok during this process, there will be growing pains AND we will give it 2 year... I'm all for it.

But the problem is that there is no patience. Flo is a political figure and the Madrid public have about 1 month's worth of patience. So this policy would never work at Madrid.

If we had bought these players IN ADDITION TO buying stars for Real Madrid... and send them all out on loan to see what they can become... I would love that. In fact, that's where I think we're headed (hopefully)
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:20 pm

The reason we did not buy those stars is because of opportunity.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:19 pm

Your perception skills are off Sports if you say that Rodrygo will "make it" but Vinicius won't. What the hell? Even Ray Charles could have told you that Vinicius is more talented on the ball, more nimble, and they both have comparable speed. Vinicius has the higher ceiling.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:17 pm

Vini's IQ and final product are a big issue. It will take some time to develop the final product (hard; but can be done). There's no cure for not seeing the pitch well unfortunately...

Rodrygo naturally makes good decisions and his finishing is already good. Makes good runs. He just needs to get stronger. Really skilled too.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:24 am

Explosive, Vini looks more explosive because he clearly makes up for his lack of legit understanding of his position with skill and speed. It works up until he actually has to either take a shot or pass. Rodrygo has shown he has a clear understanding of what to do with the ball but I feel he doesn't have the same explosiveness or he has it but is holding back (not sure why but whatever). Still, Rodrygo is more mentally ready for Madrid, could very much see it.

I think both has the skill to make it at Madrid but at the same time, I can see both not at the club tbh.

As for our so called youth strategy, still think we are just hoping something pans out than us actually implementing long term policies AND hoping something pans out.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:52 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Not sure why you use my posts to make digs at Sports, I want no part of it.

It's fine to have a different opinions on this topic, no one is right or wrong. Sports, as other see things differently, we will continue to argue about the validity of our beliefs and that's ok.

You two are so hypocritical. We’ve all witnessed countless bullying posts by both of you that your opinion is the only valid one and we’ve all seen Sports relentlessly push for his countrymen and dishing kids that are not French.

As to Flo’s youth strategy only time will tell whether or not his strategy is right or not. I also point out that this strategy is not new, the club has always pursued talented youth around the world. The only difference in this era, is there are restrictions that didn’t exist previously, namely can’t bring under 18 non European players to Spain and that Real  Madrid can no longer recruit any Spaniard kid it wants.

Sports seems to relate the big dollars to 1st team when in fact it is pursuit of youth in the system, obviously adapting to today’s competitive environment. We no longer have lots of talent in youth teams and Castilla remains two levels below  what is needed for final youth development.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:54 pm

If you feel bullied by my strong manly and overconfident opinions, I am sorry. I will make sure to think about other people feelings more in the future
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:35 pm

Since we're talking about Madrid's youth treatment, get a load of this assholes: Recently the CIES football observatory released its annual findings on the clubs who "produce" the most youth who end up playing in the top 5 elite leagues in Europe, and as it has been for almost every year since I've been checking CIES' statistics since 2012, Real Madrid tops that list.

That's right, Madrid beats out youth factories like Ajax's, Lyon's, Man U's, or Farca's. The parameters measure the amount of players that spent atleast 3 years in the academy prior to their 21st birthday and that now play in division 1 in either Spain, Germany, Italy, England, or France.

https://football-observatory.com/IMG/sites/b5wp/2019/wp271/en/

Now, this means that Madrid's youth factory is a good business for Madrid, and that the scouts are doing a relatively good job at finding players who have higher chances of atleast warming the bench in Madrid.

Having said this, I think that we would benefit from scouting better in places like Germany, France, and Italy, and not be fooled into buying too many Spanish youth. Brahim Diaz is a case in point, that poor bastard doesn't stand a chance. Same case with us putting too many hopes on disasters like illarramendi, Ceballos, or Theo.

I don't think that it can be said that there are many clubs out there doing it better than us in this respect, and Juni Calafat, our director of scouting, has done a good job with Valverde, Vinicius, and Rodrygo, though we can do better still. Odegaard won't impress me unless he proves he can play in a trivote ala Modric.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:14 pm

MTO, I know you are ecstatic with Valverde emergence and that you like to predict who will make it or not.

However, the youth strategy, which has been amended due to the current climate as I pointed out earlier. The strategy is to have an abundance of talent. That way if an over hyped doesn't make it, there still are plenty of others. The signing of several Spanish from other Spanish organizations is also an adaptation of current climate. the club no longer can attract any Spanish talent they want to the point that the talent level in the youth organization is probably the lowest it has ever been. Signing the best in country from other clubs is part of the new youth strategy and it's inevitable that they either play on big team or are loaned out as Castilla level of play is too low. I take your point of youth recruitment should be more than Spanish.

Bottom line is it's way to early to predict who will make it or not, as I said to Sports, we have to be patient.

As a fan, I'm just happy that the club has lots of alternatives.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:51 pm

If I'm not mistaken, that list includes players from madrid that we send on loan to other clubs. We have always been big on that; at one point getafe felt it was their right to get youth players that madrid didnt have room for. I remember getafe president praising Calderon, saying unlike florentino, ramon answers his calls.

I think when sportsczy and co debate about youth, the debate is about youth being promoted into the first team en masse or becoming first team regulars. Our policy of loaning and buy back in unsurprisingly huge. Like that's no secret, at one point more than half the teams in the league had at least one former madridista on their squad
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:08 pm

Perfectly happy if we bring back Odegaard and sign Kante.  Kante and Casemiro tend to both get injured a bit... and Kroos isn't always very good.  So plenty of time for Kante and Casemiro.  Not sure Odegaard can (or should) handle a full load in 3 competitions in a season too.

Kante can play the Lucas role as well if ZZ wants a winger to do basic winger stuff but cover that flank defensively.  Much better at it than Lucas.  Does it for Chelsea.  Not saying he should...  just saying we can open up a roster spot since Lucas wouldn't be needed.

Kante/Casemiro - Valverde - Odegaard would be very nice.

Last edited by sportsczy on Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:20 pm

I would love if Madrid went after Kante tbh.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:00 pm

Doc wrote:I would love if Madrid went after pogba tbh.
agreed
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:43 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Doc wrote:I would love if Madrid went after pogba tbh.
agreed

I'll probably love that transfer eventually tbh.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 39 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 39  Next