Thimmy
chad4401
futbol_bill
Doc
Mr Nick09
35 posters

Page 2 of 39 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 39  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by Doc Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:43 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Doc wrote:I would love if Madrid went after pogba tbh.
agreed

I'll probably love that transfer eventually tbh.

Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:57 pm

Sports, what makes you think Kante is available? Chelsea would be absolutely insane to sell a player of his quality, especially when they don't have to (he's not in the last year of contract).
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:39 pm

I could get used to Chemotherapy as well, no problem.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:51 pm

Waste a high transfer fee on a DM when we already have Casemiro

No thanks.
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:34 pm

Kante is not a DM
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:50 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Kante is not a DM

Yes, he is. The sooner his coaches realize this the better
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:07 am

Kante was actually a B2B until he went to Leicester. They made him a DM there. Then Sarri made him a winger (lol).

Point is, he just as good as a B2B or DM. Winger is stretching it... but he's better at it than Lucas.

Reason he can do it is that he's good technically. Not flashy... but very clean.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:42 pm

Looks like we are trying to sign a Brazilian player, 17 years old, CM, Reinier. He would play for Castilla. Yawn
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:45 am

sportsczy wrote:Kante was actually a B2B until he went to Leicester.  They made him a DM there.  Then Sarri made him a winger (lol).

Point is, he just as good as a B2B or  DM.  Winger is stretching it... but he's better at it than Lucas.

Reason he can do it is that he's good technically.  Not flashy... but very clean.

He's a DM sports imo, even with leicester he was. He's just a really good footballer overall. He can do a little bit of everything.

Kovacic is the one impressing me.. he's also a DM in the sense that he's also technically sound but he's still a defensive minded player at the end of the day. Zizou knew this and let him play the lone DM spot. if zizou was coach when lope came, he would've kept kovacic no doubt about it and I guarantee you he would've gotten games.

Kova and Kante have way more similarities then people realize.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:37 pm

I’m posting this here as I don’t know where else would be appropriate.

The club has reached a deal with Getafe for a loan of Brahim. The problem is Brahim doesn’t want to go, as he feels he will get his opportunity and he can impress if given the chance!

That is the problem at the club these days. They sign these kids on potential and the kids are under the impression they are developed, as opposed to potential and they are equally convinced they can impress given the opportunity.

We’ve seen it with Llorente, Ceballos, Vinicius, Rodrygo and others. Somehow the club has to be more honest with these kids and handlers and tell them they need to develop more to make it, whether it ultimately is with Real Madrid or elsewhere. In the vast majority of these cases, they are better off out on loan to do this development, plus the club itself will be better off with more veterans (which could be returnees after loan spells) in the backup positions.

I know the cases of Vinicius and Rodrygo are slightly different as they want them close by to guide their adjustment to Europe and professional futbol, but I would say if they don’t “make it” this season, they also should go out on loan.

In the case of Brahim, the club got him because City wasn’t giving him the opportunities he wanted. It is obviously in these kids’ heads that they are already developed. As I said, the club has to be more honest with these kids and their handlers.

And speaking about loans, the club has to be smarter on who they make loans with ensuring the prospects get the “opportunities” they need. The loan deals with Lunin and Vallejo are the latest examples of kids stuck on bench!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:26 pm

Nobody worthwhile will guarantee playing time for our loanees.  As with any club, they have to earn it.  Lunin and Vallejo didn't.  

If we want to make demands, any club worth making a loan would just pass on the players.  Nobody in top leagues certainly... likey 2nd division teams or second-tier leagues.

Nobody's entitled to anything.

Even Diaz has zero guarantees he will play.  He needs to prove himself better than the other players... and even more so if he's a loaner with no buyout.  Why would a club develop a player for us?  The point is that there's a much higher likelihood they'll get a chance on a team with less talent than Real Madrid. We also need to include a hefty buyout if we bring them back so it's worthwhile for those clubs to play our loanees.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:33 pm

Brahim is not being advised well. He left City out of bravado because he wanted to be inna top team right away and thought he would get a chance in Madrid due to the shuffling... Fine he almost did, late in the season but then he got injured and Madrid doesn't wait for you. He should take this opportunity to go on loan and to play somewhere. If he doesn't then I hope he is really murking guys in training and he knows his chance his coming
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:52 pm

Sports, I believe you are missing what I was saying. I’m essentially agreeing with prior posts from you, that most of these “potentials” should be going out on loan rather than riding the bench in Madrid.

I believe the problem, I was referring to, is although we don’t know what team personnel are whispering in their ears, these kids clearly feel they are ready for prime time, when it’s clear they are not. I’m just saying the club should be more honest  with them and their handlers.

As to the loan deals, of course nothing can be guaranteed, but club can first of all see what the chances are that these kids will play a lot. If they can’t get that, then look at second level teams. For example, they sent Lunin first to Leganes who had an established veteran portero. He doesn’t play then in summer, plays in a top class youth tournament and is named top portero of tournament. So what do they do, but send him to a new team that also has an established veteran! If he goes to a 2nd level team, like the rumors suggest (to my home town team Oviedo) and plays well, the better the chances of him getting a loan to a better team next season where he can play.  At this current rate, he is still years away from being an option for Madrid. (And yet there were several on this forum suggesting, he should have been the backup at Real Madrid this season!)

As to noone will develop players for us, that’s a bizarre  statement even for you. It happens all the time. Just for example look at Odegaard, Achraf or previously with Carvajal. Theses clubs ask for the loan because they feel they can use them and if they are developing they get more and more minutes!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:14 pm

The Sun claims that Kante has handed in a transfer request and wants a move to Real Madrid. Not a credible source at all, of course, but I figured I’d post it here anyway. I’m a big fan of Kante’s talent, work rate and general attitude. That said, he’s been plagued by injuries recently and he’s in his late 20s.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:43 pm

Why not. He could be a perfect back up to Casemiro but it would be a shame since there aren't many good CDMs around anymore. I personally think he'll join PSG though. They have been desperate for a CDM for a long whilr and with Kante available it would be stupid of them not no try
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:50 pm

We could play both but the one that will be benched in that scenario would be Fede
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:00 pm

Kante backing up Casemiro rofl rofl rofl
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:34 pm

sportsczy wrote:Kante backing up Casemiro rofl rofl rofl

Yeah, that is absolutely not going to happen Razz If anything, Casemiro would leave or stay as Kante’s backup. They’re only a year apart in age, and I for one, rate Kante comfortably above the Brazilian. DM is not a position we need to prioritize right now, but if we do get him for whatever reason, I imagine Zidane would have a plan for how to utilize him properly.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:46 pm

sportsczy wrote:Kante backing up Casemiro rofl rofl rofl
Laughing Laughing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:48 pm

no thanks then. Casemiro is comfortably one of if not the best DM out there.

Other areas need more attention
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:51 pm

Don't talk about Casemiro like he is a nobody. Both Madrid and Brazil NT are dependent on him. he is a monster DM.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:13 pm

and Kante is not a DM so everyone's right

btw, Kante is not someone to 'hand in a transfer request', personality wise, so we know that report is BS
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:16 pm

If we sign Kante, he would start alongside Kroos and Casemiro.

Madrid have to decide whether they want to give Fede and Odegaard a chance or spend over 100 millions for Kante or Pogba...
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:17 pm

I'm not saying Casemiro is nobody... Kante is just better (he's best as a B2B and you really shouldn't call him a DM because that's selling him short).  He played DM with Ranieri and Conte...  but then Conte and then Sarri used him as a B2B.  So he's a CM in every sense of the word.  Can specialize if you need him to.  But he has the skillset for basically all the midfield roles.

The way it could work is to put Kante and Valverde on each side and then have more of CAM down the middle.....  like Odegaard.

Kante-Valverde-Odegaard would be damn sexy.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:45 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:If we sign Kante, he would start alongside Kroos and Casemiro.

Madrid have to decide whether they want to give Fede and Odegaard a chance or spend over 100 millions for Kante or Pogba...

Yeah, pretty much. We sign Kante and Valverde is the one getting benched. Hard. We sign Pogba and Odegaard might as well stay at La Real. Some serious decision making is gonna be happening in the summer transfer window.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:46 pm

Kante is NOT better Casemiro in any area of the pitch. Do me a favour Rolling Eyes

Kante is not coming here to be a starter. He would be a downgrade on Casemiro and imagine going from Modric to Kante Laughing yeah no. Good player but we have better players in every position of the midfield. Like I said, it would be a shame for him to sit on our bench so best go to PSG where he is needed
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 39 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 39  Next