urbaNRoots
El Gunner
Art Morte
Freeza
Great Leader Sprucenuce
26 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 29 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Freeza Tue May 19, 2020 12:45 am

How was Rodman better. Please explain.

Dude was 37, way past his prime, hunted for rebounds and tbh he couldn’t do shit against Malone at that point, but then again who could.

Kukoc was the only player scoring at more than 50% FG and he had the same ppg as Pippen. I find it weird how they’re supposedly telling the story about that season without mentioning it at all.

I really liked the documentary but I feel it undermines the whole doc when there’s such a clear angle to not include him and then include Steve Kerr substantially in the doc despite him being like 7th man. He’s only included that much because he’s famous and a top 3 coach in the league while Kukoc is virtually unknown.

Overall I just feel bad for the guy.

Even Steve Kerr agrees with this:

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bulls/why-steve-kerr-almost-embarrassed-be-included-last-dance-ads

__

And the wizards thing is about the end titles. “Michael Jordan went back into retirement”. I just think it’s a weird note to end on. Usually in documentaries the end titles are epilogues to explain what happened after the events of the documentary. Making the end titles like this is slightly misleading imo. I would’ve wanted a traditional epilogue. But I can guarantee you MJ wouldn’t agree to them including mentions of the Wizards.

Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 29 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue May 19, 2020 1:54 am

You didn't mention 98 in your original post, you said those teams.

So i naturally assumed you mean the 2nd 3peat overall, 98 is a different story. Rodman wasn't particularly good in 98.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue May 19, 2020 5:13 pm

This documentary can be summed up with someone doing something innocuous, MJ saying "and thats all it took", and then a montage of MJ destroying shit with 90s hip hop playing.

Great show. Loved it.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed May 27, 2020 11:34 pm

the question in Instagram was, which is the clutchest shot between Lillard game winner vs OKC, Ray Allen, Kyrie game 7 finals, and Kawhi v Philly

one of the answers reads, "Kyrie and Allen, Lebron owe's his legacy to them"

would be 1-7 otherwise
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed May 27, 2020 11:37 pm

El Gunner wrote:the question in Instagram was, which is the clutchest shot between Lillard game winner vs OKC, Ray Allen, Kyrie game 7 finals, and Kawhi v Philly

one of the answers reads, "Kyrie and Allen, Lebron owe's his legacy to them"

would be 1-7 otherwise

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu May 28, 2020 12:00 am

3-5 is still pretty bad compared to MJ and Kobe
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu May 28, 2020 12:33 am

El Gunner wrote:3-5 is still pretty bad compared to MJ and Kobe

I don’t see any relevance of finals records to determine the quality of player.

And... It’s 3-6. A final loss is still impressive for a team. It’s hard getting there.
Kobe is my favourite player ever. But anyone who claims he’s a better player than LeBron in any way is far beyond reason. I can’t see a single compelling argument for it.

If LeBron would’ve played with prime Shaq there no way they wouldn’t still have won three championships. Shaq might be the best in his position of all time. Finals record in a weird criticism given how much it depends on your teammates.
Take Kobe for example, he’s only been the best player in 1 of the 5 championship wins. Yeah, Pau deserves MVP against Boston. Despite that he’s still got a great record and that’s not because of “Mamba mentality” or any other bullshit like that. It’s because he had an overall more talented team, a great organisation and the greatest coach of all time. You plug a lot of all time greats in there and have similar or better records.

LeBron really shouldn’t be criticised for his teammates doing their fucking one job. Because a lot of them did fuck all the other years. Mainly because those Miami and Cleveland teams were so fucking thin compared to their opponents who were from much better run organisations.

But sure, if you want to use finals records let’s all agree that 14 ppg Bill Russell is the greatest of all time.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu May 28, 2020 12:50 am

talk about restarting the season getting some heat now
suggestions of just taking it to the playoffs with the current top 8 of each conference, or possibly testing out the 1 through 16 seeding from both conferences theory
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu May 28, 2020 9:24 am

The only sensible way is to go straight to playoffs.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu May 28, 2020 9:26 am

I like the idea of the world cup format tbh. Either that or a 1-16 seed tournament so spice it up. I don't want the standard stuff.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-playoffs-a-world-cup-style-group-stage-format-is-reportedly-on-the-table-and-its-the-best-idea-yet/
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu May 28, 2020 1:53 pm

Art Morte wrote:The only sensible way is to go straight to playoffs.

Nah.

I'm not just saying it as a Pelicans fan either but it simply isn't fair to the teams outside of the playoffs that there hasn't been a chance for the schedule to level out.

There should be a way for teams like us, Portland etc to fight for a spot considering this was Memphis remaining schedule.

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 29 Img_2021

The Virus basically meant Memphis profited from an incredibly easy schedule and just when it was getting tough it ended, i don't know the best solution but just going straight to the playoffs isn't it.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu May 28, 2020 5:18 pm

Playing almost 20 rounds to decide one playoff spot would be stupid after such a long delay already, imo.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu May 28, 2020 5:36 pm

Art Morte wrote:Playing almost 20 rounds to decide one playoff spot would be stupid after such a long delay already, imo.

Nobody is arguing for that either.

That's why things like a WC Group pool play and play in tournaments are being discussed.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu May 28, 2020 5:45 pm

I’m all for more teams. Will only make our road through the playoffs easier
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu May 28, 2020 8:39 pm

A mini tournament amongst the competing teams for the 8th seats to the decide the 8th seats. And then the playoffs sounds most reasonable to me
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu May 28, 2020 9:04 pm

Who are we kidding anyways. Basketball is quite is easy to predict. Only Lakers, Clippers, or Bucks had an actual chance of winning the chip this year. None of those other teams would've sniffed the final this year.

They're gonna go through all this elaborate planning to end up with the same result Bucks will be waiting in the final for one of Lakers/Clippers and one of the 3 would've won.

I get why they have to do it, but I wish they'd just hurry and make these decisions already.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu May 28, 2020 10:29 pm

I'm not so sure about the Bucks, I've done had my few doubts. Wouldn't be surprised if someone from the east bounced them
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu May 28, 2020 11:05 pm

Don't call me James wrote:Who are we kidding anyways. Basketball is quite is easy to predict. Only Lakers, Clippers, or Bucks had an actual chance of winning the chip this year. None of those other teams would've sniffed the final this year.

They're gonna go through all this elaborate planning to end up with the same result Bucks will be waiting in the final for one of Lakers/Clippers and one of the 3 would've won.

I get why they have to do it, but I wish they'd just hurry and make these decisions already.

It's almost like a league is more than the Superteams in title contention lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri May 29, 2020 6:34 pm

Does Jaren Jackson Jr. have the ugliest jumper in the league?

Dude is near 40% on 3Pt attempts while looking like the jumper of someone who just joined their middle school basketball team for the first time. His FT% is meh at 75%, but dude cashes it from long range. He took 6.3 attempts per game this season too, it's not on super low volume or anything.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat May 30, 2020 12:14 am

yea it's weird looking, but whatever works for you hey
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat May 30, 2020 1:18 am

Absolutely. I don't mean to knock Jaren, I love JJJ and the entire Memphis young core. But every time I see it I get almost annoyed at how successful he is with it Laughing
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Sun May 31, 2020 1:46 pm

ATL HOEEEEE

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 29 Giphy

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:00 am

Honestly is there a better athlete than Wilt?
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:14 pm

Season will resume on July 31st.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:17 pm

Thats a lifetime away. They want to end it before it gets cold again and have the 2nd spike?

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:21 pm

yea why so long :facepalm:
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next