The Madrid One
Mr Nick09
Perucho21
19 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Real Madrid vs Real Sociedad  - Page 4 Empty Re: Real Madrid vs Real Sociedad

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:12 pm

James is atrocious. He slows us down to turtle pace. Tsking 50 touches before deciding where to pass

And I forgot how little fight Asensio has in him. Jeeze hustle alittle boy

Valverde is incredible. You see him everywhere. Vini excellent yet again

I would really look to play Vini, Benz and Hazard together with Hazard in the Isco role. It would be marvelous

halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:14 pm

congratz, y'all are usually clutch in league games vs minor opposition, unlike Barca, so i think you guys gots this
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:15 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:James is atrocious. He slows us down to turtle pace. Tsking 50 touches before deciding where to pass

And I forgot how little fight Asensio has in him. Jeeze hustle alittle boy

Valverde is incredible. You see him everywhere. Vini excellent yet again

I would really look to play Vini, Benz and Hazard together with Hazard in the Isco role. It would be marvelous

you mean in the 10/AM role?
you'll be hugely disappointed then Laughing
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:17 pm

He would be, definitely would be.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:41 pm

A man can dream, no No it would be unfair to Vini to bemch him after his excellent season yet it would be the right choice to go with the more experienced Hazard on the left. But since we dont have a recent RW we've got to play another formation that can accommodate both Hazard and Vini Vini without any of them having to become LV v2.0
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:00 pm

Is Jovic still alive? I have to say, his stay with us has been a disaster, so far. He gets injured twice in preseason, which is fair, not his fault. Then, when he gets a chance to play, it's clear as day that he's out of sync with the rest of the team, which I would assume is something Zidane would be able to fix, or at least work on improving, if he cared enough. Tough task when the guy doesn't speak Spanish and Zidane doesn't speak English, I suppose.

He never really found any form before he got himself injured again before the end of the year. Then, Corona comes around and he's in the spotlight for the wrong reasons - partying in Serbia during quarantine. We're now closing in on the extended end of the season, and I'd almost forgotten about him. He's young, and I still hope he can come good for us, but it's been a first season to forget.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:10 pm

He is injured again. Not that he'd add anything to our team. He has been very lazy everytime he's played
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:12 pm

we need a right winger

a left footed one (as at one point the likes of Mbappe or Sancho will want to play on the left), with pace to run in behind and capable of beating his marker

don’t know who, or if such a player is attainable, but we need one to reach the highest levels again
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:48 pm

what you mean you need one

Real Madrid vs Real Sociedad  - Page 4 Pjimage_-_2020-06-15T224703.535
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:17 pm

Ødegaard would be able to slot in there, but that won't happen until after next season. I'm still interested in seeing how he continues to perform at Sociedad, though. He's had 3 underwhelming matches in a row now since the season resumed, and that level of performance isn't good enough. Mbappe would be ideal for our right wing.

I already posted my thoughts on him in the general section, but I personally hope we avoid Sancho for now, because I can't shake the feeling that he's not only relatively overrated, but would also face a lot of issues with playing for a team like, Real Madrid. I mean, he's got football intelligence that Bale can only dream of, but Sancho actually gets praised for the same level of performance that Bale has been butchered for so many times - wasting possession, passing backwards and sideways when there are players in space in front of him, missing unnecessary shots. It seems to me that he thinks he's better than he actually is, if that makes any sense.

I wouldn't complain if we do get Sancho, but I'd be lying if I said I that I'm confident that he's the type of player we need right now. Mbappe seems like a much more safe bet, to me. Since november of last year, Sancho's shown flashes of playmaking brilliance, some very good dribbling (his most sustainable talent), but also quite a lot of mediocrity, poor vision, and frustrating attempts at scoring from outside the box when he could have set other players up for better chances (sign of an alpha male, I guess lol). I can only assume he gets a pass for his flaws because he plays for a Dortmund side that usually allow him to rack up goals and assists regardless of how he plays, but that wouldn't work here, as messing up actually gets you in trouble Razz
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:43 pm

Club has clearly stated, we’re not making any deals this summer! So that means what we have is what we will see. The only possibilities are casting aside (if anyone will pay) the ‘don’t fit’ such as the one pictured above.

What I don’t get is Hala raving about Vinicius! I started off today’s game with my brother in law saying soon Vinicius will start scoring goals and then he will become the next Pele! I said nope, he doesn’t have a futbol brain and is a poor finisher. And what I saw in this game did nothing to prove me wrong. Yes he has speed, but that doesn’t result in goals nor assists for that matter. i still think in long run, Rodrygo has the larger upside.

This is two games in a row were Zidane got lineup wrong. That to me is worrisome. I don’t really care about this season as this will be the season everyone will want to erase from memory!
I’m more concerned about next season, same squad with Zidane not knowing what is his best lineup.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:29 pm

Thimmy wrote:I can only assume he gets a pass for his flaws because he plays for a Dortmund side that usually allow him to rack up goals and assists regardless of how he plays, but that wouldn't work here, as messing up actually gets you in trouble
must be fun being part of a fanbase that Flo Perez's big bucks has ensured to be spoiled little brats Laughing
look what you guys did to Bale, unbelievable. Guy could have created a legacy anywhere else
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:25 am

@El Gunner, Bale failed in Madrid because he was asked to play a specific role in Madrid, as opposed to having the freedom he had at spurs. He joined a team of superstar with the same level of expectations and he failed. He is responsible for getting the fans on his back, not the other way around.

@Thimmy, we agree on Sancho, we also need neck breaking space which is something Sancho doesn't have. Looking at the thing wingers on the market, I can't identify a clear cut guy on that side except for the remote guys like Sterling, Salah or Mané. If they can't be had then wait or see how Kubo is growing, Brahim, Rodrygo, etc...
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:41 am

One, it is the club's money and not Uncle Flo's money being spent. Flo could die tomorrow and the club would still have the balance it had the day of his untimely passing.

Two, Bale's tenure at the club has been incredibly successful and no amount of fan backlash would change that. That being said, he is fucking useless at the moment and the club does need a reliable RW. Badly. Hoping Rodrygo can fill the void but the young man isn't even 20 yet so I gotta wait.

I know you PL lads think Bale is some sort of victim at this evil club but Bale gets his salary in full to be constantly injured and whenever called up, either half ass the performance or straight up doesn't play well. The Bale you guys remember ain't the Bale now.

In any case, I hope he does go back to the PL so you can complain about him there.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:49 am

El Gunner wrote:
Thimmy wrote:I can only assume he gets a pass for his flaws because he plays for a Dortmund side that usually allow him to rack up goals and assists regardless of how he plays, but that wouldn't work here, as messing up actually gets you in trouble
must be fun being part of a fanbase that Flo Perez's big bucks has ensured to be spoiled little brats Laughing
look what you guys did to Bale, unbelievable. Guy could have created a legacy anywhere else

As much as I've always had the impression that Bale's a humble, likable guy, and I think some fans make a mountain out of a molehill when it comes to Bale's golf-related jokes, and his golfing hobby in general, I didn't appreciate his body language when Zidane rightfully benched him for playing poorly and constantly getting himself injured.

Looking pissed off and making weird hand gestures in front of the camera, not to mention him shrugging off team mates who only wanted to celebrate with him after he scored a penalty that they allowed him to take after he came on as a substitute, made him look like an unlikeable asshole.

There's no doubt that Bale's had fantastic moments for us, but he's gone through longer periods where he's let the team down, and he doesn't seem to understand that he's not entitled to be a starter when he doesn't play well over longer periods of time, and has a ridiculous injury record to boot. I'm sure you understand that, even if he's had legendary, isolated performances for us that were decisive to our trophy haul in recent years, it doesn't earn him a starting spot when he doesn't actually perform well. The fact that he's complaining about it, only adds insult to injury. No pun intended. If he wants to play, he needs to step up his game. It's that simple.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:58 am

it's a question off who did what first. And it's the Madrid fans who scapegoated him first.

how do you expect him to react when that vile Madrid fanbase gets on your back??? i'd be pissed off too Laughing collect my check and give in return half-arsed performances with the odd wonder moment just to show them i still got the skills

when does his current contract end, he needs to move asap, maybe he still has 2 good years in him.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:24 am

If you want to come to our section of the forum and call our fanbase "vile", then gtfo and go worry about the next arsenal talent that will amount to nothing
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:04 am

Vinicius was ok. He wasn't great.

His decision making need to improve quickly. His passing is pretty poor as well.

He has speed and confidence to attack defenders, which blind you from his negatives.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nivash Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:48 am

El Gunner wrote:it's a question off who did what first. And it's the Madrid fans who scapegoated him first.

how do you expect him to react when that vile Madrid fanbase gets on your back??? i'd be pissed off too Laughing collect my check and give in return half-arsed performances with the odd wonder moment just to show them i still got the skills

when does his current contract end, he needs to move asap, maybe he still has 2 good years in him.

The same way that literally every other player has responded to it. Madrid fans typically respond the way they have to Bale when a player puts in a bad performance while also making no effort to put in a better performance.

Bale came on a record-breaking fee (which admittedly has nothing to do with him) and earns a salary commensurate with that sort of player, yet puts in the sort of effort expected of a corrupt lower-mid level government bureaucrat. He has no one to blame other than himself. In any other industry, an employee who puts in the effort that he does would be performance managed and ultimately let go.

He's had ample opportunity to leave, however, no team is willing to pay what he and his agent think he is worth, and it's precisely because he isn't worth it.

Nivash
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:10 am

@EG

From the outside looking in, I could see why you would have that opinion. Don't necessarily fault you. Since I'm an avid follower of this vile club and the fanbase in general, Bale got support particularly in the 1st season. The 2nd season, however, things started to get a bit sour. Not so bad but it was a bit strained mostly due to constant injuries and using back handed tactics to get back into the starting 11. The 3rd season, however, the one where Rafa had his horrendous stint and then Zidane took over is where Bale really got the fans' warm embrace.

Ronaldo was out injured or something and Bale stepped up. Hugely. He was the player Zidane, myself and everyone wanted him to be: a talisman. A proper Madrid player. Even his resident hater here Hala was loving it. But, fucking injuries. Just so much injuries. 4th season came around and once again, Bale was doing well...then injury after injury and with that came a lost of explosiveness and the will to be explosive. This is also the season Isco was Isco Disco and maybe his finest stint in a Madrid shirt. Unlike under Carlo, Bale couldn't just go to Flo and demand a starting spot. He gotta earn it under Zizou, to which, he didn't. Isco was clearly the better player.

From there, it has been a steady decline into mediocrity. Some flash in the pan performances (the CL final stands out hugely) but mostly just insipid performances and constant injuries. After Ronaldo left and him threatening to leave after the CL final, Bale had his chance to take this team but see initial statement of insipid performances and constant injuries.

Maybe PL fans have more patience but Madrid doesn't tolerate such things. Never have. Never would. It'll be vile to the outside looking in but Madrid fans demand par excellence from the men on the field. Bale hasn't done that in years. If Arsenal or any PL team is willing to pay his wages, I think they are free to have him.

Don't say you haven't been warned...

TL;DR: The Bale you remembered isn't the Bale now and it ain't cause of the fans...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by AlphaBeast Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:02 am

futbol_bill wrote:Club has clearly stated, we’re not making any deals this summer! So that means what we have is what we will see. The only possibilities are casting aside (if anyone will pay) the ‘don’t fit’ such as the one pictured above.

What I don’t get is Hala raving about Vinicius! I started off today’s game with my brother in law saying soon Vinicius will start scoring goals and then he will become the next Pele! I said nope, he doesn’t have a futbol brain and is a poor finisher. And what I saw in this game did nothing to prove me wrong. Yes he has speed, but that doesn’t result in goals nor assists for that matter. i still think in long run, Rodrygo has the larger upside.

This is two games in a row were Zidane got lineup wrong. That to me is worrisome. I don’t really care about this season as this will be the season everyone will want to erase from memory!
I’m more concerned about next season, same squad with Zidane not knowing what is his best lineup.

Rodrygo wishes he was 1/10th as talented as Vini. Vini is the 2nd Best Dribbler in our team, and most likely the fastest player after Bale in our team.

There is a reason why Rodrygo doesn't play Smile Rich Man's Mariano Diaz.
AlphaBeast
AlphaBeast
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:26 am

Doc wrote:@EG

From the outside looking in, I could see why you would have that opinion. Don't necessarily fault you. Since I'm an avid follower of this vile club and the fanbase in general, Bale got support particularly in the 1st season. The 2nd season, however, things started to get a bit sour. Not so bad but it was a bit strained mostly due to constant injuries and using back handed tactics to get back into the starting 11. The 3rd season, however, the one where Rafa had his horrendous stint and then Zidane took over is where Bale really got the fans' warm embrace.

Ronaldo was out injured or something and Bale stepped up. Hugely. He was the player Zidane, myself and everyone wanted him to be: a talisman. A proper Madrid player. Even his resident hater here Hala was loving it. But, fucking injuries. Just so much injuries. 4th season came around and once again, Bale was doing well...then injury after injury and with that came a lost of explosiveness and the will to be explosive. This is also the season Isco was Isco Disco and maybe his finest stint in a Madrid shirt. Unlike under Carlo, Bale couldn't just go to Flo and demand a starting spot. He gotta earn it under Zizou, to which, he didn't. Isco was clearly the better player.

From there, it has been a steady decline into mediocrity. Some flash in the pan performances (the CL final stands out hugely) but mostly just insipid performances and constant injuries. After Ronaldo left and him threatening to leave after the CL final, Bale had his chance to take this team but see initial statement of insipid performances and constant injuries.

Maybe PL fans have more patience but Madrid doesn't tolerate such things. Never have. Never would. It'll be vile to the outside looking in but Madrid fans demand par excellence from the men on the field. Bale hasn't done that in years. If Arsenal or any PL team is willing to pay his wages, I think they are free to have him.

Don't say you haven't been warned...

TL;DR: The Bale you remembered isn't the Bale now and it ain't cause of the fans...

okay family.
I respect this view, and detailed review of his time at the club as im sure you as a Madrid fan knows better than me.

I may have let my preconceived views on Madrid fans and their spoiled nature of "buy and replace as soon as someone underperforms" get into the mix of this rant on Bale.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:26 am

AlphaBeast wrote:
futbol_bill wrote:Club has clearly stated, we’re not making any deals this summer! So that means what we have is what we will see. The only possibilities are casting aside (if anyone will pay) the ‘don’t fit’ such as the one pictured above.

Rodrygo wishes he was 1/10th as talented as Vini. Vini is the 2nd Best Dribbler in our team, and most likely the fastest player after Bale in our team.

There is a reason why Rodrygo doesn't play Smile Rich Man's Mariano Diaz.

I respectfully disagree. Vinicius does have speed and dribbling ability, but he is sadly lacking in finishing, passing and overall a futbol brain. He is a good alternative, as a backup to Hazard, provided the other two forward positions are effective. But with his deficiencies, he is not a starter. Way to early to make any bold statements about Rodrygo.

Best option IMO is have them both go out on loans, but of course with current game economics, that isn’t going to happen.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:17 pm

Vinicius plays like someone who has ADHD. Even if he has room and time to plan his next course of action, he still opts to «wing it» almost every single time.

I really hope he can improve his composure and decision-making over time, because his raw talent is exciting. I believe he’s more naturally talented than Jadon Sancho, but Sancho has most things he doesn’t have.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:42 pm

Vinicius strikes me as a lad that will miss his window in Madrid because he is going to take time develop
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:37 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Vinicius strikes me as a lad that will miss his window in Madrid because he is going to take time develop

I share your sentiment, but I hope we’re both wrong. Marcelo used to look much more like a headless chicken, as well, and he turned into one of the greatest, offensive fullbacks I’ve ever witnessed.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next