:bow:

Mate, no way Rashford moves to Spurs Laughing

Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

POCH BEEN SACKED  - Page 3 Empty Re: POCH BEEN SACKED

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:48 am

Pochettino sacked, Mourinho favourite to be hired, and Allegri not even on the list (according to Fabrizio Romano)

What a day for Arsenal and Arsenal fans

Spurs' brief spell among the top clubs is now over again, they're shoveling their own grave
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:14 am

Absolute travesty. I would take Ancelotti too.

How could they do this

Edit: just had the thought of how much Mourinho would ruin N'Dombele, the only good thing to happen to Spurs since making the CL final. Can't wait to see N'Dombele become a B2B sideways passing DM machine. Bye bye forward passes between the lines from Tanguy
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:56 am

Sack Poch

Hire Mou

Spuds rofl
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:56 am

Wham!
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:01 am

I don’t see what George Michael has to do with anything.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:36 am

I for one thinks it’s a logical decision to ditch Poch for Mou. I mean I am like the biggest detester of Mourinho, but him in charge, you are sure to win one or two trophies, even if they are micky mouse trophies, he will win them, before ofc he self-destructs. He absolutely wont win any major honours anymore in this league. But Spurs are so deprived of a trophy over these years, Levy might be so desperate for even a Carabao cup at this juncture. So, yea its kind of understandable. Spurs squad is at the end of their cycle with their main players all at or past their peaks. So give Mourinho his 2 years, squeeze the maximum out of the squad, get rid of him and start the rebuild with a young promising manager after that.

Anyway re: Poch hope he waits for the eventual United vacancy.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:32 am

I think the profile of Spurs squad suits him right now for 1-2 seasons and he'll be the underdog again.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:49 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:Pochettino sacked, Mourinho favourite to be hired, and Allegri not even on the list (according to Fabrizio Romano)

What a day for Arsenal and Arsenal fans

Spurs' brief spell among the top clubs is now over again, they're shoveling their own grave

What a day for Arsenal? Poch or no, whoever Spurs get will be better than Bumery.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:54 am

Laughing should probably have accepted RM deal when we were desperate. Now will never get a look in with Zizou and Raul

Can't see him joining Bayern. He wants Spain. Maybe Barca in the summwe, but with his Espanyol history it may be difficult. Still more realistic than Bayern imo
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:56 am

He has stated he will never manage Barca I think.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:50 am

Maximum suffering.

I disagree that Spurs need a trophy. Mickey mouse cups are overrated. What does a carabao cup even do for you?

There is no glory in winning a carabao cup. There is marginally more glory in the FA cup. There is glory in the CL and in the EPL. Even if it wasn't taking home the whole thing, it means more just to do well. Personally I would take a CL final or even the 3-0 win over Madrid in the group stages over winning a carabao. I never understood the trophy thing.

And Tottenham doesn't need that anyway. Tottenham, like other smaller clubs, has won Mickey mouse cups before and it's never done anything for them. The team has had consistent success as part of a project. Poch's project. The team needs that to continue. People talk about, people consider Tottenham more than they ever had before and that's despite not winning a trophy.

Mourinho doesn't offer that. Tottenham also doesn't offer him the funds to get his overrated, old ass players he wants. This is only an acceptable decision if it's to the end of the season. Or it's only acceptable if Jose has come back a changed man.

But we know neither of those things are true right now. He's been a failure at his last several jobs for teams that can handle it. Tottenham cannot handle it the way Chelsea or United can. What a mistake this is. I will find it very difficult to watch Tottenham for now. They are so disappointing. I preferred seeing the team in disarray in the midtable to this.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:01 am

Absolutely overrated manager as I've said countless times before. He's actually like a poor man's Mourinho. He lasts a bit longer before it all falls down but without winning even a tiny trophy before it happens.

Fluked his way to a CL final after getting outplayed by every single opponent from the groups up until the final. His biggest achievement.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:46 am

Thimmy wrote:I don’t see what George Michael has to do with anything.
That was gold Razz
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:56 am

CBarca wrote:  This is only an acceptable decision if it's to the end of the season. Or it's only acceptable if Jose has come back a changed man.

Hiring Mourinho in 2019 is not justifiable, period.
He will destroy all the standing and goodwill Pochettino has managed to add to Spurs in his many years of steady, professional, good work.

It could be argued the team is already broken, maybe, probably because of player contract and career issues, maybe Poch needed to leave, but also then the one guy who is arguably the worst to bring in is Mourinho.
It's just a terrible, catastrophic, decision.

Especially baffling considering Allegri is a perfect, world class candidate to continue, and improve on, Poch's work, and he's free.
Not saying he would surely have said yes to the job, but it does not sound like they tried at all, let alone hard.

Maybe his English really is that nonexistant?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:52 pm

CBarca wrote: Maximum suffering.

I disagree that Spurs need a trophy. Mickey mouse cups are overrated. What does a carabao cup even do for you?

There is no glory in winning a carabao cup. There is marginally more glory in the FA cup. There is glory in the CL and in the EPL. Even if it wasn't taking home the whole thing, it means more just to do well. Personally I would take a CL final or even the 3-0 win over Madrid in the group stages over winning a carabao. I never understood the trophy thing.

And Tottenham doesn't need that anyway. Tottenham, like other smaller clubs, has won Mickey mouse cups before and it's never done anything for them. The team has had consistent success as part of a project. Poch's project. The team needs that to continue. People talk about, people consider Tottenham more than they ever had before and that's despite not winning a trophy.

Mourinho doesn't offer that. Tottenham also doesn't offer him the funds to get his overrated, old ass players he wants. This is only an acceptable decision if it's to the end of the season. Or it's only acceptable if Jose has come back a changed man.

But we know neither of those things are true right now. He's been a failure at his last several jobs for teams that can handle it. Tottenham cannot handle it the way Chelsea or United can. What a mistake this is. I will find it very difficult to watch Tottenham for now. They are so disappointing. I preferred seeing the team in disarray in the midtable to this.

Maybe if you were not also a Barcelona fan you'd think otherwise. Trophies are something that all Spurs fans are craving. If Mourinho parks the bus and wins the FA Cup while doing so, he will be remembered and loved as the manager that won them a trophy after gazillion years.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:03 pm

In before Cbarca starts praising a "changed" Mourinho rofl
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:07 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:In before Cbarca starts praising a "changed" Mourinho rofl  

I must admit that I am also very annoyed at the fact that Real fans can be in such good spirits now, like you're displaying them here, because this sword of Damocles hanging above them has been removed for the foreseeable future
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:26 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:

I must admit that I am also very annoyed at the fact that Real fans can be in such good spirits now, like you're displaying them here, because this sword of Damocles hanging above them has been removed for the foreseeable future
only you and Duncan Castles thought Mourinho was coming to Madrid lol

I knew it would not happen, not with Ramos around and people like Raul coaching Castilla or even Xabi Alonso doing the same at La Real
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:49 pm

Having slept on the news, I think Levy has done Poch a terrible disservice. First season he definitely underperformed and he gets fired in November? I understand Mou was available and he wanted to lock this down, but Poch deserved a chance to turn this around after taking Spurs to their highest level in decades. That said I think what could happen here is that Poch's "4 year cycle" was simply over, and if this was the case perhaps he should've been better to recognize it and leave alla Pep in 2012 than to stay. He definitely had the offers in the summer. But it's a shame that just as the players were getting off injuries (especially his new signings) Poch won't be able to prove his mantle and leave in this manner.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:06 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:

What makes you say that? You keep mentioning how incompetent Zidane is, yet the only thing that’s consistently incompetent is your predictions and general analytical skills. Y U flip flop? hmm
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:25 pm

I'm not surprised with Spurs hiring him because, and out of all the available managers in the market now, he's definitely one of the best. He's not as great as he once was, but he's definitely still good enough to coach Spurs (or at least good enough for them to give him a try).

No, what I'm surprised about is the fact that he accepted the job. After United let him go, he kept saying that he rejected many clubs because they weren't big enough and their projects as well as expectations didn't match his. Then he turns around and signs for Spurs who, though not poor or small, they don't actually fit the description of a big club gunning for titles.

Maybe they gave him guarantees to spend big in the summer. Or maybe he just wants to lay low at a club where not winning the league or CL is not a fireable offense and your employer is just happy to finish in the top 4.

Or, and this is the least possible scenario to happen: he wants to turn them into winners like Klopp did with Liverpool without spending hundreds of millions.

We'll see.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:36 pm

As far as I know, his family lives in London and England is his favourite country to work in. Spurs at least ticks those boxes.

I say this after his team battered their eyelashes at Arsenal not too long ago. Seems he wanted something local.

Perhaps he wants to go back to basics with a club more accepting of his style of management. Most elite clubs aren't keen on a siege mentality and playing underdog football, but Spurs aren't quite at that level so it might be a good fit.

Last edited by Jay29 on Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:38 pm

Gotta say I dont understand this match either, Spurs have been playing entertaining football, not spending a lot of money, have been stable in keeping Poch for so long, and suddenly they get Mou in? Just nothing matches.

Possibly Spurs decided they couldnt find someone better and just wanna take a gamble for once? And Mou perhaps realized hes not gonna be hired anymore by the top tier clubs, and so he eventually decided this was the best he could hope for, otherwise risking to be jobless longer and/or landing eventually at a smaller club Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

It doesnt look good at all. I can see club probably supporting him and splash cash over the winter and summer, and if he doesnt clearly improve things or brings a positive atmosphere, he will be sacked again .
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:25 am

It‘s a match made in heaven, at least for this season. Mou is going to send them straight into the CL and may even win them a trophy, they already have a big/physical squad that Mourinho enjoys. They won‘t care how the results come, they will embrace the „us against the world“ mentality that Mourinho brings rather than find it annoying like in Madrid/Man Utd.

The problems start next season however, a few of their top players are free to leave with no compensation, which the club can‘t afford with the new stadium debts. That means no big signings, will Mou adapt? However this would‘ve been a problem with any manager, and Mourinho is experienced enough to deal with that.

As for Pochettino, I‘m hoping PSG are stupid enough to sack Tuchel in the summer and have Pochettino replace him.

Bayern -> ten Haag
PSG -> Pochettino
Arsenal -> Tuchel
Eibar -> Emery
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:13 am

Decisive that 2-7 I suppose