Unique
McLewis
39 posters

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by Nishankly Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:03 am

Unique wrote:
Nishankly wrote:But its funny. I play all these CSGO etc online games. Everyone asks me. "Bro you speak English so good, where you from".

They all get im not British or American from my accent but my pronunciation so clear that no one understands where I am from. Which makes me believes that Apu from Simpsons is the Indian accent everyone expects, and by god they are disappointed lmao.

It's hilarious when I tell them im Indian and they are like hell no that's not the Indian accent and then I say "Bitch I speak English averagely among my friends my country".

So many hot girls i missed out on because I didn't read Agatha Christie or Hercules Poirot. Sad

I think its ultimately about the fact no one has respect for the English language unless it has the pure American or British accent.
i love these Very Happy

Very popular in India, almost every urban girl has read these.

Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:24 am

Nishankly wrote:
Unique wrote:
Nishankly wrote:But its funny. I play all these CSGO etc online games. Everyone asks me. "Bro you speak English so good, where you from".

They all get im not British or American from my accent but my pronunciation so clear that no one understands where I am from. Which makes me believes that Apu from Simpsons is the Indian accent everyone expects, and by god they are disappointed lmao.

It's hilarious when I tell them im Indian and they are like hell no that's not the Indian accent and then I say "Bitch I speak English averagely among my friends my country".

So many hot girls i missed out on because I didn't read Agatha Christie or Hercules Poirot. Sad

I think its ultimately about the fact no one has respect for the English language unless it has the pure American or British accent.
i love these Very Happy

so with my white skin and james bond accent would i get a date with some hot indian chicks. if i was not marred that is Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:45 am

Unique wrote:
Nishankly wrote:
Unique wrote: i love these Very Happy

so with my white skin and james bond accent would i get a date with some hot indian chicks. if i was not marred that is Laughing

Yes but for you'd need to be politically left to pull since India has a internal right wing problem with Muslims right now.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:26 am

Nishankly wrote:
Unique wrote:
Nishankly wrote:

Yes but for you'd need to be politically left to pull since India has a internal right wing problem with Muslims right now.
dude the indian chicks are so hot i could be anything they want me to be. as soon as i leave my wife im going to india. cheers
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:54 pm

I have recently come aware of some languages by so called anti-raciest activists and those who have adopted such languages. The term "People of Color" or "women of color" for example. I don't know when did these type of languages by those who believe they are fighting racism come about, but i find it as an issue. The reason is raciest for a long time have used similar languages, especially old time raciest who have labeled non white people as "colored people." So knowing that it doesn't make sense to use similar tactics that are meant to divide and group people.

If the goal is to fight racism and judge people on a individual basis, then it is probably not a good idea uniformly group people as they are some kinda homogenous group.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:01 pm

FIFA has banned Bahrain player Sayed Baqer for 10 games for making a racist gesture during a World Cup qualifier.

Baqer made the gesture towards fans during his side's game away to Hong Kong in November.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:15 pm

Blue wrote:I have recently come aware of some languages by so called anti-raciest activists and those who have adopted such languages. The term "People of Color" or "women of color" for example. I don't know when did these type of languages by those who believe they are fighting racism come about, but i find it as an issue. The reason is raciest for a long time have used similar languages, especially old time raciest who have labeled non white people as "colored people." So knowing that it doesn't make sense to use similar tactics that are meant to divide and group people.

If the goal is to fight racism and judge people on a individual basis, then it is probably not a good idea uniformly group people as they are some kinda homogenous group.

I think using People of Color is a way to make that tent of races historically oppressed by whites more unified. I can see how that can be construed as a lazier way to simply lump brown, black, red and yellow people together, but I think that's a matter of interpretation and semantics. Some will consider it lazy, others will consider it inclusive. I'm in the latter camp.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:18 pm

McLewis wrote:
Blue wrote:I have recently come aware of some languages by so called anti-raciest activists and those who have adopted such languages. The term "People of Color" or "women of color" for example. I don't know when did these type of languages by those who believe they are fighting racism come about, but i find it as an issue. The reason is raciest for a long time have used similar languages, especially old time raciest who have labeled non white people as "colored people." So knowing that it doesn't make sense to use similar tactics that are meant to divide and group people.

I think using People of Color is a way to make that tent of races historically oppressed by whites more unified. I can see how that can be construed as a lazier way to simply lump brown, black, red and yellow people together, but I think that's a matter of interpretation and semantics. Some will consider it lazy, others will consider it inclusive. I'm in the latter camp.
tbh ive seen white people black people and brown people but not red and yellow people. i know what people are classed as red and yellow but they are not red and yellow are they.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:20 pm

McLewis wrote:

I don't agree with the origins of red and yellow people. How can anyone accept that category?
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:22 pm

The «yellow» stems from a gene that the majority of Asians have, that makes them store a very thin layer of fat, just underneath their skin. Fat is yellow, and so it can make the skin appear more yellow or golden in appearance, compared to someone who doesn’t possess this gene. It’s also been pointed out as one explanation for why Asians tend to not gain visible bodyfat as easily as people of other races, but I have no clue whether that’s a science- based statement or just speculation.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:50 pm

I never had an issue with Yellow..the current phrase in panAsian circles is to refer to ourselves as Golden.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:42 pm

This is why black people here in the US don't trust the police and likely never will.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:03 pm

McLewis wrote:

This is why black people here in the US don't trust the police and likely never will.

yikes.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:27 pm

Nobody wants to even dare touch on Black Hebrew Israelites going around assaulting and killing Hasidic Jews in New York in an organised, targeted series of attacks? Aight...
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:38 pm

Lex wrote:Nobody wants to even dare touch on Black Hebrew Israelites going around assaulting and killing Hasidic Jews in New York in an organised, targeted series of attacks? Aight...

If they were white a few of them would probably be elected leader of Labour in your country :coffee: :coffee:

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:41 pm

Not mainstream enough, sorry
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:38 pm

Harvard study on which portion of white europeans associate blacks with negative concepts:

The Racism Thread - Page 16 File-20170425-12650-16jxfww

https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/faculty/science/news/race-map-1.700171

It's striking to me that even the lowest at 29% is damn high
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:24 pm

I did this and got 'strong automatic preference for white people' because I was quicker to associate good words with white faces compared to good words and black faces. I think this test is dumb but then again the map seems quite accurate so idk.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:28 pm

It's a test of implicit bias, we all have them as associations are part of how the human mind works. They're not as important as what you actually do, but it's important to be aware of them, especially when making gut decisions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Implicit_stereotype
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:23 pm

Lex wrote:Nobody wants to even dare touch on Black Hebrew Israelites going around assaulting and killing Hasidic Jews in New York in an organised, targeted series of attacks? Aight...

So I'm ignorant on this topic and need to research it more. While I'm aware that the is a ton of diversity within the Jewish diaspora (Hasidic, Sephardic, etc), that's about the extent of my knowledge outside of their general history. So that's why I haven't commented on this.

When I've educated myself more on not just these specific incidents, but the history behind them, I'll offer more thoughts.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:46 pm

Italy is so racist Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:08 pm

sportsczy wrote:Italy is so racist Laughing

That 'Black friday' cover with Lukaku and smalling still cracks me up lol
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:23 pm

McLewis wrote:

The issue is this frames it more of a tribal warfare than actually fighting racism. While yes historically in the US whites have been the biggest culprit of racism, but that does not also excludes how early white immigrants were raciest toward newer whites immigrants that came to America.

Secondly this framing is very divisive rather than uniting everyone against a common evil that plagues our society. Framing racism as whites vs non white is a very bad idea in attempting to create a fair society, you are not going to win as many people over when you attack and label raciest by their skin color. Racism does not depend on skin color, racism can come from many different angle and i can point many around the world that does not include white. Even on this forum for example, i have read enough of Young Kaz posts to know he is no less bigoted than Unique for example. In this whites vs POC framing Kaz wouldn't be considered a raciest, but that is a tough sell for me.

Also this framing also welcomes a lot of bad faith accusations of racism, for some reason in the political landscape conservatives have framed themselves as a champion of fighting anti-Semitism.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:42 pm

sportsczy wrote:Italy is so racist Laughing
tbf every racist italian i know is at least 50 years old, haven't met many young people that say racist things

although the sample size for the test skews young so who knows
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:03 pm

Italian guy that lives over the road from me is proper racist. He's about 60yo but some of the stuff he says does make me laugh. Very Happy

Last edited by Unique on Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:10 pm

Blue wrote:
McLewis wrote:

The issue is this frames it more of a tribal warfare than actually fighting racism. While yes historically in the US whites have been the biggest culprit of racism, but that does not also excludes how early white immigrants were raciest toward newer whites immigrants that came to America.

Secondly this framing is very divisive rather than uniting everyone against a common evil that plagues our society. Framing racism as whites vs non white is a very bad idea in attempting to create a fair society, you are not going to win as many people over when you attack and label raciest by their skin color. Racism does not depend on skin color, racism can come from many different angle and i can point many around the world that does not include white. Even on this forum for example, i have read enough of Young Kaz posts to know he is no less bigoted than Unique for example. In this whites vs POC framing Kaz wouldn't be considered a raciest, but that is a tough sell for me.

Also this framing also welcomes a lot of bad faith accusations of racism, for some reason in the political landscape conservatives have framed themselves as a champion of fighting anti-Semitism.
why do you call me bigoted the only people I said I hated was Muslims and tbf they don't like me either. When I said we should stop the free movement of people it's not because I dislike people. It was down to the fact that the country can't cope with it.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next