The Racism Thread

Page 9 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by Unique on Tue 05 Nov 2019, 03:32

Nobody care that a black superstar is being racist to white people then. Of course not no body cares about that.

Unique
BOSS MAN

Posts : 16610
Join date : 2015-01-19

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by Thimmy on Tue 05 Nov 2019, 05:00

@Unique wrote:Nobody care that a black superstar is being racist to white people then. Of course not no body cares about that.


Personally, I don’t consider it racist for someone to only include people of one particular race in their movie or music video, as long as the reason for it isn’t to cause racial divide. If she’s excluding pasty people simply because she doesn’t want them there, then that’s obviously racist, but if it’s for a specific reason related to the video, then I don’t see any problems with it. Don’t ask me why white people can’t do the same thing, though Laughing

_________________
The Racism Thread - Page 9 Isco-alarcon-2
Thimmy
Thimmy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 9571
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by Unique on Tue 05 Nov 2019, 13:35

@Thimmy wrote:
@Unique wrote:Nobody care that a black superstar is being racist to white people then. Of course not no body cares about that.


Personally, I don’t consider it racist for someone to only include people of one particular race in their movie or music video, as long as the reason for it isn’t to cause racial divide. If she’s excluding pasty people simply because she doesn’t want them there, then that’s obviously racist, but if it’s for a specific reason related to the video, then I don’t see any problems with it. Don’t ask me why white people can’t do the same thing, though Laughing
but can you imagine the fall out if liam gallagher said im making a music video but i only want normal white people to be in it. im guessing it would get more attention than this. tbh im not bothered at all about who beyonce puts in a music video the thing that pisses me off is the outrage we would see if a white artist said that they only wanted white people in the video. but when it comes to racism i think we should all grow a thicker skin tbh. there is not a race on earth that does not get racism aimed at them at some point. the really bad stuff ok i understand people getting angry but these days its any little thing. i think the race card is the only card left in the pack these days.

_________________
The Racism Thread - Page 9 Landsc10
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 16610
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by VivaStPauli on Tue 05 Nov 2019, 23:02

I dunno, if you cast your video with an all white cast and have a reason for it, like, "my video's scenario is set in 1950s rural scotland, so people are going to be white", you probably will be fine.

If you say "I don't like the look of non-white people", you might get some blowback, yes.

Same IMHO though with black people: set your video in 1980s Harlem and go "white people at the time just weren't subject to the racial struggle we're making the subject of our video" you're going to be fine. If you go "fuck whitey and his cracker-ass friends", you might get some blowback.

But TBH if you were to fly a few times with my face and passport, you would really know what white privilege looks like. I just casually walk into any country, and never get asked any questions, haven't been stopped by police in 20 years, and never been "randomly" checked. So if somebody goes on a bit of a rant about "how white people are", yes, I might disagree, and be a bit offended, but I'm certainly not gonna be threatened by it. And it's a huge deal, racism is actually dangerous to minorities.
And yes, this includes white minorities in some African countries.

_________________
PS: Ramos should've really gotten a red in that last game we're all talking about.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli
Posts : 8270
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by Unique on Tue 05 Nov 2019, 23:06

@VivaStPauli wrote:I dunno, if you cast your video with an all white cast and have a reason for it, like, "my video's scenario is set in 1950s rural scotland, so people are going to be white", you probably will be fine.

If you say "I don't like the look of non-white people", you might get some blowback, yes.

Same IMHO though with black people: set your video in 1980s Harlem and go "white people at the time just weren't subject to the racial struggle we're making the subject of our video" you're going to be fine. If you go "fuck whitey and his cracker-ass friends", you might get some blowback.

But TBH if you were to fly a few times with my face and passport, you would really know what white privilege looks like. I just casually walk into any country, and never get asked any questions, haven't been stopped by police in 20 years, and never been "randomly" checked. So if somebody goes on a bit of a rant about "how white people are", yes, I might disagree, and be a bit offended, but I'm certainly not gonna be threatened by it. And it's a huge deal, racism is actually dangerous to minorities.
And yes, this includes white minorities in some African countries.
this is 2019 the age of race does not matter. so what video is she making that would call for no white people. hmm

_________________
The Racism Thread - Page 9 Landsc10
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 16610
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by VivaStPauli on Tue 05 Nov 2019, 23:08

Race does matter though, people never said race doesn't matter, people say race shouldn't matter.

If I made a rap song about 1985's south LA gang violence, you won't see many WASPs in there. To just pick a random example. Just like The Godfather didn't have any black Italians, because, frankly, there weren't that many at the time.

_________________
PS: Ramos should've really gotten a red in that last game we're all talking about.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli
Posts : 8270
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by Unique on Tue 05 Nov 2019, 23:17

@VivaStPauli wrote:Race does matter though, people never said race doesn't matter, people say race shouldn't matter.

If I made a rap song about 1985's south LA gang violence, you won't see many WASPs in there. To just pick a random example. Just like The Godfather didn't have any black Italians, because, frankly, there weren't that many at the time.
if she was making a rap song about a south LA gang i dont think it would be filmed over the road from me though tbh. looks to me like your just trying to justify it tbh. if a white singer had said im making a video but i only want white normal people to star in it you would have a differnt attitude.

_________________
The Racism Thread - Page 9 Landsc10
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 16610
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by VivaStPauli on Tue 05 Nov 2019, 23:19

If a black person made a video across the street from you, that is set in your neighborhood, and says white people can't be in it, with no reasonable explanation, I will not defend it and at least agree that it's "a bit weird", promise.

_________________
PS: Ramos should've really gotten a red in that last game we're all talking about.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli
Posts : 8270
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by VivaStPauli on Tue 05 Nov 2019, 23:21

PS: For example, if Beyoncés video doesn't end up making the immigrant experience, or racism, it's subject, I will agree with you that not including any white people will be a dick move.

_________________
PS: Ramos should've really gotten a red in that last game we're all talking about.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli
Posts : 8270
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by Unique on Wed 06 Nov 2019, 00:06

@VivaStPauli wrote:PS: For example, if Beyoncés video doesn't end up making the immigrant experience, or racism, it's subject, I will agree with you that not including any white people will be a dick move.
what the fuck would beyonce know about the immigrant experience, or racism over the road from me. and why would it be a dick move and not a racist move.

_________________
The Racism Thread - Page 9 Landsc10
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 16610
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by VivaStPauli on Wed 06 Nov 2019, 00:09

About the immigrant experience? Only second-hand stuff, but it's okay to talk about things one hasn't experienced oneself. She probably knows a bit or two about racism.

I'm calling it a dick move because racism in a socio-political context includes a disparity in power, and white people aren't oppressed in the UK, even if they can't be in Beyonces video.

_________________
PS: Ramos should've really gotten a red in that last game we're all talking about.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli
Posts : 8270
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by Unique on Wed 06 Nov 2019, 00:17

@VivaStPauli wrote:About the immigrant experience? Only second-hand stuff, but it's okay to talk about things one hasn't experienced oneself. She probably knows a bit or two about racism.

I'm calling it a dick move because racism in a socio-political context includes a disparity in power, and white people aren't oppressed in the UK, even if they can't be in Beyonces video.
so because white people are not oppressed racism against us does not exist. scratch so does that mean if i meet a rich well to do black family that are not oppressed nothing i say or do can be considered racist to them.

_________________
The Racism Thread - Page 9 Landsc10
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 16610
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by VivaStPauli on Wed 06 Nov 2019, 00:36

They're still subject to structural racism, just ask a well-off Arab looking guy how an international flight goes for him and you'll see what I mean.

_________________
PS: Ramos should've really gotten a red in that last game we're all talking about.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli
Posts : 8270
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by Unique on Wed 06 Nov 2019, 00:43

@VivaStPauli wrote:They're still subject to structural racism, just ask a well-off Arab looking guy how an international flight goes for him and you'll see what I mean.
why do you think in this day and age an arab looking guy would be treated that way at a airport.

_________________
The Racism Thread - Page 9 Landsc10
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 16610
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by VivaStPauli on Wed 06 Nov 2019, 00:57

Because of racism.

_________________
PS: Ramos should've really gotten a red in that last game we're all talking about.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli
Posts : 8270
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by Unique on Wed 06 Nov 2019, 01:07

@VivaStPauli wrote:Because of racism.
or it could be criminal profiling. i mean you have to admit that over the last 20 odd years the terrorist attacks have been commited by arab looking guys. if you are on the look out for a ISIS terrorist at a airport you dont waste your time pulling in a 75yo white lady from holland do you. people like you are the reason that 1500 children in england were raped how do you feel about that.

_________________
The Racism Thread - Page 9 Landsc10
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 16610
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by McLewis on Thu 07 Nov 2019, 15:43

@Unique wrote:https://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/18012793.beyonce-rumoured-filming-new-music-video-thamesm

Here's some racism for you from Beyonce of all people the person that Michelle Obama said everyone should look up to. She if filming in my area but only wants normal black and brown people to be in her video no white folks. Laughing


Was 2000 years of shaping humanity at the expense of everyone that wasn't white not enough exclusivity for you or something?

Whites have dominated world history for well over a 2 goddamn millennia while excluding black and brown people from literally everything that didn't involve menial, back-breaking, early death-inducing labor. I can't imagine having the audacity to feel so aggrieved when those historically oppressed black and brown people now have a platform to celebrate themselves exclusively and take that chance as soon as they get it.

What Beyonce is doing is not racism. It's not even prejudice. Both require hostility and hate. She does not hate white people. It's simply giving a platform to black and brown people that have historically been denied one and have instead been exploited, abused, attacked, lynched, raped and thrown away like trash by........whites.

So whites don't get to exclude every other race due to their millennia-long racial superiority complex and then complain when the other races they excluded do it to them the first chance they get. It doesn't work that way. There are a whole of white folks on this board that get this. There are a whole lot of them in my personal orbit that get it. And there are just as many, like you, who I suspect, get it as well, but prefer to play provocateur and feign indignant petulance. That's pretty transparent and I have no problem calling it out every time.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 11362
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by Unique on Thu 07 Nov 2019, 16:12

@McLewis wrote:
@Unique wrote:https://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/18012793.beyonce-rumoured-filming-new-music-video-thamesm

Here's some racism for you from Beyonce of all people the person that Michelle Obama said everyone should look up to. She if filming in my area but only wants normal black and brown people to be in her video no white folks. Laughing


Was 2000 years of shaping humanity at the expense of everyone that wasn't white not enough exclusivity for you or something?

Whites have dominated world history for well over a 2 goddamn millennia while excluding black and brown people from literally everything that didn't involve menial, back-breaking, early death-inducing labor. I can't imagine having the audacity to feel so aggrieved when those historically oppressed black and brown people now have a platform to celebrate themselves exclusively and take that chance as soon as they get it.

What Beyonce is doing is not racism. It's not even prejudice. Both require hostility and hate. She does not hate white people.  It's simply giving a platform to black and brown people that have historically been denied one and have instead been exploited, abused, attacked, lynched, raped and thrown away like trash by........whites.

So whites don't get to exclude every other race due to their millennia-long racial superiority complex and then complain when the other races they excluded do it to them the first chance they get. It doesn't work that way. There are a whole of white folks on this board that get this. There are a whole lot of them in my personal orbit that get it. And there are just as many, like you, who I suspect, get it as well, but prefer to play provocateur and feign indignant petulance. That's pretty transparent and I have no problem calling it out every time.
i dont care who beyonce puts in her video and tbh i think people play on race far to much anyway. call me a cnut or a white cnut its all the same to me. but we both know for a fact that had a white singer donr this the world would lose its shit. and i agree that black people in the past were treated digustingly but for you to say the people that suffered years ago some how gives a rich privliged black super star like beyonce a free pass is bull shit tbh. your people were forced into being slaves my people were rounded up put into death camps and gassed to death so we have all had things hard in the past mate.

_________________
The Racism Thread - Page 9 Landsc10
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 16610
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by Myesyats on Thu 07 Nov 2019, 16:18

@VivaStPauli wrote:Because of racism.

The most famous and prominent terrorist attacks were carried out by Arab organizations. Thats not racial profiling, thats just reality.

The 2 biggest terorrist organizations are of Arab origin, ISIS and Al-qaeda

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Private
Posts : 10841
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 77

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by Unique on Thu 07 Nov 2019, 16:22

@Myesyats wrote:
@VivaStPauli wrote:Because of racism.

The most famous and prominent terrorist attacks were carried out by Arab organizations. Thats not racial profiling, thats just reality.

The 2 biggest terorrist organizations are of Arab origin, ISIS and Al-qaeda
he knows that but in his crazy little mind he thinks the feelings of very much alive arabs at airports is more importent than very much dead innocent men women and children.

_________________
The Racism Thread - Page 9 Landsc10
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 16610
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by Myesyats on Thu 07 Nov 2019, 17:06

Having said that, I think Beyonce's video is not racist at all. It's just her theme of the video, not implying any race is superior to the other.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Private
Posts : 10841
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 77

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by Unique on Thu 07 Nov 2019, 17:34

@Myesyats wrote:Having said that, I think Beyonce's video is not racist at all. It's just her theme of the video, not implying any race is superior to the other.
i dont think its racist and tbh i dont care if beyonce hates every white person on earth its entirely up to her who she likes or dislikes the only point im trying to make is if a white singer had said i only want normal white people in my vid the world would lose its shit.

_________________
The Racism Thread - Page 9 Landsc10
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 16610
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by Myesyats on Thu 07 Nov 2019, 17:50

Maybe thats true, idk. I remember Taylor Swift made a music video a couple years back in Africa of all places and she had only white people in it and, indeed, there was some controversy.

"Wildest dreams" was the song I think.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Private
Posts : 10841
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 77

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by Warrior on Thu 07 Nov 2019, 17:51

And that's true

It's double standards nowadays

Some would say it's a well deserved counter-balance because supposedly all of our ancestors actively supported and contributed to racism. Let them marinate in their anger and grudges and try not to care about that bs, otherwise you'll become too cynical about society.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 5233
Join date : 2016-05-25

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by Unique on Thu 07 Nov 2019, 19:30

@Warrior wrote:And that's true

It's double standards nowadays

Some would say it's a well deserved counter-balance because supposedly all of our ancestors actively supported and contributed to racism. Let them marinate in their anger and grudges and try not to care about that bs, otherwise you'll become too cynical about society.
Thumbs up Thumbs up

_________________
The Racism Thread - Page 9 Landsc10
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 16610
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by McLewis on Thu 07 Nov 2019, 23:54

@Unique wrote:
@McLewis wrote:
@Unique wrote:https://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/18012793.beyonce-rumoured-filming-new-music-video-thamesm

Here's some racism for you from Beyonce of all people the person that Michelle Obama said everyone should look up to. She if filming in my area but only wants normal black and brown people to be in her video no white folks. Laughing


Was 2000 years of shaping humanity at the expense of everyone that wasn't white not enough exclusivity for you or something?

Whites have dominated world history for well over a 2 goddamn millennia while excluding black and brown people from literally everything that didn't involve menial, back-breaking, early death-inducing labor. I can't imagine having the audacity to feel so aggrieved when those historically oppressed black and brown people now have a platform to celebrate themselves exclusively and take that chance as soon as they get it.

What Beyonce is doing is not racism. It's not even prejudice. Both require hostility and hate. She does not hate white people.  It's simply giving a platform to black and brown people that have historically been denied one and have instead been exploited, abused, attacked, lynched, raped and thrown away like trash by........whites.

So whites don't get to exclude every other race due to their millennia-long racial superiority complex and then complain when the other races they excluded do it to them the first chance they get. It doesn't work that way. There are a whole of white folks on this board that get this. There are a whole lot of them in my personal orbit that get it. And there are just as many, like you, who I suspect, get it as well, but prefer to play provocateur and feign indignant petulance. That's pretty transparent and I have no problem calling it out every time.
i dont care who beyonce puts in her video and tbh i think people play on race far to much anyway. call me a cnut or a white cnut its all the same to me. but we both know for a fact that had a white singer donr this the world would lose its shit. and i agree that black people in the past were treated digustingly but for you to say the people that suffered years ago some how gives a rich privliged black super star like beyonce a free pass is bull shit tbh. your people were forced into being slaves my people were rounded up put into death camps and gassed to death so we have all had things hard in the past mate.


Hundreds of years ago, there was no such thing as a black rich, privileged superstar. It was literally impossible because whites didn't want my ancestors educated. They didn't want them dreaming of bigger and better things than picking cotton and whip waiting for them if they didn't meet that quota. If there was, we wouldn't be having this discussion. That's the whole point. So let's not get into a "who got oppressed worse" contest. It's not productive to the discussion.

I am curious though.....Since you think this is racist, that logic would mean you think a Hollywood movie putting out a casting call for a white actresses with blond hair and blue eyes is racist against everyone else, right?
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 11362
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum