El Gunner
Unique
McLewis
39 posters

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 28 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by Myesyats Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:44 pm

Just as I predicted, now that this train has left the station, it will never stop:

The Racism Thread - Page 28 Screen-Shot-2020-06-23-at-12.39.37-PM

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:37 am

No, no, do it, tear down all the churches as well, and start taxing them.

Not for anti-racism reasons, just in general, it would be hilarious.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:43 am

I say tear all the cities down too. Obviously every structure that you see today in America and Europe was erected at the cost of slaves who were exploited and worked at the farms so that we could boost our economy and that's a clear sign of opression and the white man should repent and bulldoze all structures at ground level, especially those built before 1900. That's the only way I see racism be defeated. Oh wait. I only pretend that I'm an activist and the effect of my actions could be exactly the opposite of what I intended. Eh, who cares. Lets go!!!

When is the "white man is the source of all evil" rhetoric going to stop? Because it's obviously incredibly misguided.

"The way of me making change is to be as judgemental as possible." This reminds of what Obama said about the woke culture:
My president ProudProud

Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:37 pm

CBarca wrote:
McLewis wrote:I can't disagree with anything you said here. I've since seen the bodycam footage of how this all started and the conclusion I've come to is no different than where I was before I saw the additional footage. The police escalated this. Rayshard offered alternatives that would've kept him safe and the public safe. The police didn't listen to him, because they never listen to black people when they are intent on an arrest. Had they listened to him, he'd still be alive and safe with his cousin or sister with only the car to worry about. Now he's dead because his fight or flight instincts kicked in when they escalated this situation and tried to arrest him

I do have to ask you about this one: what were the alternatives for the police here? You say that he gave options, but are the police legally allowed to call an Uber and allow someone who was clearly driving under the influence to go home? And as someone that lives in a state with a major alcohol problem, this course of action feels...idk it feels a little gross to me. I have very little sympathy for anyone who drives under the influence. It's extremely gross negligence and indicates a lack of care for the lives of people around you. I certainly would have said before this case that people who are caught driving under the influence should be arrested. I think this single case shouldn't change my opinion.

With that being said, perhaps the concept of not immediately jailing DUI offenders is something that should be considered. I personally will consider that alternative, and consider whether that is a better course of action.

Anyway, I would appreciate your response. I'm not sure I agree with your assessment about cops escalating the situation because 1) I'm not sure they are legally (or civil as well, who is liable if Brooks goes home and then decides he REALLY wants Wendy's and begins to drive again) allowed to and 2) I have my own complicated feelings on DUI's and am not sure i agree with the concept of allowing a clear DUI offender the opportunity to go home instead of spending the night in "the drunk tank".

I'm loathe to use them as an example because I think they're as a racist a police department as can be expected, but Charlotte has a program (for Thanksgiving only, I think) where their police will call a cab for someone they identified as DWI. As far as I can tell, no one who was caught up in that program went back out and caused problems. We have to stop legislating from a position of fear of liability. It doesn't seem to protect the people its supposed to protect.  CMPD figured the cost of the cab outweighs the cost of a potential accident or even the cost of bail or legal fees incurred by arresting the person. It saved them, that person, and the taxpayers time and money. That's the type of common sense humanization that we need more of year round in all cities. Again, drinking and driving is horrible and I absolutely do not condone it, but we can't dehumanize these people based on what they could've done or might do in their inebriated state. That's a step away from thought policing them. Arresting them and throwing them into jail (and thus into the system) seems like the right thing at the time, but for black people who often get harsher sentences on petty crimes and little help from our justice system, one mistake like a DWI can have an outsized impact on our lives compared to our white counterparts, who often get off with the expected slap on the wrist. And that's because police see us (as they saw Brooks) as criminals first, humans second. It is one of the primary remaining legacies of the Redemption / Jim Crow era.  When police humanize ALL the people they're supposed to be serving, they become valuable allies to the communities. It's just a shame that they seem to only humanize people who look and think like them.

Last edited by McLewis on Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:43 pm

Myesyats wrote:Just as I predicted, now that this train has left the station, it will never stop:

The Racism Thread - Page 28 Screen-Shot-2020-06-23-at-12.39.37-PM

I don't think you know who Shaun King is and how he's viewed in black circles. Dude is a meme these days. He has burned a ton of bridges with black folks because of his grifting with his various "organizations".

He has lost significant credibility. Pretty much everything he says these days, including that hyperbolic bullshit tweet you posted, is to keep himself in the spotlight.

No black person that I know (and being a black guy, I naturally know a ton) believes that Jesus statues need to come down. Black people in the US are far too Christian to do such a thing. I personally am not as Christianity was forced our ancestors by their white masters, but if anyone's going to start bringing down Jesus statues, it'll be white liberals of the far left persuasion, just as been the case with so many of these other statues.

Don't mix up what we (black people) want with the agenda of far-left white anti-fascists and anarchists who are co-opting our movement for their own ends. They've been doing this from the beginning and blaming us for the damage and destruction. They want people like you to believe that people like me believe in the stuff they believe in. I don't. We don't.

Our focus is on economic justice and police reform so that we can stop dying violently at the hands of police and have a chance to accrue the same generational wealth that whites have had for centuries. Literally nothing else matters right now.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:10 pm

A reminder of what we're up against.

Fired Wilmington cop: “We are just going to go out and start slaughtering them f—— ni—–. I can’t wait. God, I can’t wait.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:35 pm

[quote="McLewis"]
Myesyats wrote:Just as I predicted, now that this train has left the station, it will never stop:

I don't think you know who Shaun King is and how he's viewed in black circles. Dude is a meme these days. He has burned a ton of bridges with black folks because of his grifting with his various "organizations".

He has lost significant credibility. Pretty much everything he says these days, including that hyperbolic bullshit tweet you posted, is to keep himself in the spotlight.

No black person that I know (and being a black guy, I naturally know a ton) believes that Jesus statues need to come down. Black people in the US are far too Christian to do such a thing. I personally am not as Christianity was forced our ancestors by their white masters, but if anyone's going to start bringing down Jesus statues, it'll be white liberals of the far left persuasion, just as been the case with so many of these other statues.

Don't mix up what we (black people) want with the agenda of far-left white anti-fascists and anarchists who are co-opting our movement for their own ends. They've been doing this from the beginning and blaming us for the damage and destruction. They want people like you to believe that people like me believe in the stuff they believe in. I don't. We don't.

Our focus is on economic justice and police reform so that we can stop dying violently at the hands of police and have a chance to accrue the same generational wealth that whites have had for centuries. Literally nothing else matters right now.

Thanks for the insight and yeah, it's actually the far-left liberals who are worrying me. Well, perhaps not directly because it's a not a movement in Poland, but I do worry for the future of the US and it also concerns me because of America's influence in European culture.

It's the white people who are ashamed of the fact that they were born white that's the concerning part of all of this. It's not good when people are brainwashed in this manner.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:54 pm

Shaun King is literally a white man pretending to be black. How is this news? If someone asks me to summon proof I may as well have to.

Social media and all will show a largely extreme view of such general views and those are the ones that float up top and do not such represent the general view of any groups/circles.

And glad that is the case.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:28 pm

[quote="Myesyats"][quote="McLewis"]
Myesyats wrote:.

It's the white people who are ashamed of the fact that they were born white that's the concerning part of all of this.  It's not good when people are brainwashed in this manner.

I have never believed anyone should be ashamed of their skin color. I don't think that's something black people have encouraged in white people. That is a leap whites themselves have made all on their own.

Speaking specifically of White Americans, what we have asked them (not demanded) to do is examine and accept that their skin color has given them an inherent privilege that has afforded them with a formidable generational wealth advantage that black people (even those of us who went to college, have good degrees, and have good income) just don't have access to, even today.

I will go much deeper into this in a separate post, but just wanted address that particular part of your post.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:36 pm

McLewis wrote:
I have never believed anyone should be ashamed of their skin color. I don't think that's something black people have encouraged in white people. That is a leap whites themselves have made all on their own.

This is so true Laughing

Common sense is that discrimination is bs, and everyone should be equal in front of the law

There is an underlying fear that in a near future white people will have to bow down to blacks and muslims. Woke white hipsters (and a bunch of extremists from minorities) are responsible for entertaining the possibility of this narrative. They think they help the cause but in fact they are narcissists who deviate the discussions into a toxic racist showdown. Remove them and 99% would support imo

Racism in 2020 is more about fear than hate. As time flies, new generations settle in, they are born and raised in a multicultural world, and by this natural process i expect that racism will be obsolete eventually
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:45 pm

George-Floyd-Straße instead of Mohrenstraße? Debate over renaming

https://www.en24.news/en/2020/06/berlin-george-floyd-strasse-instead-of-mohrenstrasse-debate-over-renaming.html

so now we're re-naming our streets to george floyd because america sucks? smh
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:58 pm

Germany :facepalm: Laughing

Not surprised
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:00 pm

Myesyats wrote:George-Floyd-Straße instead of Mohrenstraße? Debate over renaming

https://www.en24.news/en/2020/06/berlin-george-floyd-strasse-instead-of-mohrenstrasse-debate-over-renaming.html

so now we're re-naming our streets to george floyd because america sucks? smh

The Mohrenstraße has long been a target for renaming, for obvious reasons.
I listened to a radio interview with Berlin's BLM spokesperson last year or the year before, and they suggested, until it's renamed, we could just add the Umlaut points on the 'o' on the street sign so it says "Möhrenstraße" lmao
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:56 pm

I'm not against re-naming it, however, I would be opposed to naming it after George Floyd. He has nothing to do with Germany, that particular street or anything, really.

Möhrenstraße sounds great though. Laughing
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:24 pm

Myesyats wrote:I'm not against re-naming it, however, I would be opposed to naming it after George Floyd. He has nothing to do with Germany, that particular street or anything, really.

Möhrenstraße sounds great though. Laughing

Yeah absolutely it should be something with Germany's past relation to black Africa

It's not going to be George Floyd anyway, don't worry
nice protest action but makes no sense whatsoever as an official street name
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:20 pm

https://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/aO7Y7OD_460svvp9.webm

The whole police system is bonks..
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:12 pm

It is super weird to name a German street after George Floyd. It's a great gesture, but still weird. It would be less weird if they named it after a POC in Germany who lost their life to police brutality. Seems more fitting.

Either way, the overall idea of the gesture is a good one.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:49 pm

What does GL think of all of these streaming sites taking down offensive episodes/movies?

https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2549064/tv-shows-that-removed-episodes-from-streaming-over-controversial-blackface-scenes

It mostly seems to be about blackface but not always. Another "victim" of "deleting history"?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:54 pm

They should just give them a disclaimer like with Gone with The Wind

"contains sensitive content" or "denies the horrors of slavery" but don't delete, except blackface and really bad ones of course
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:28 pm

I think it's interesting that it's coming from the artists and streaming services than protestors. Literally no one asked for this. It seems more like a way for artists to shove uncomfortable parts of their past under the rug rather than face renewed criticism for it

For example:

BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Duronto-Roddur Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:41 pm

Babun wrote:
Duronto-Roddur wrote:I may sound insensitive, cynical or even down right ass; but is it a big deal!!!

In my part of the world there's probably 5000 instances of custodial deaths, extra-judicial deaths and, wait for it, DISAPPEARANCES in last 12-15 years.

Sincere apologies for causing any hurt.

Sounds like mighty Mexico.
Not even close Sad

Duronto-Roddur
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:43 pm

Duronto... India?
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Duronto-Roddur Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:55 pm

Myesyats wrote:Duronto... India?
Close, Bangladesh Smile. You know Bangla!!! You are from Poland, right!!!

Duronto-Roddur
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:22 pm

The fear of being cancelled or the fear of becoming irrelevant in a near future, or maybe both. That's what motivates imo. Artists are egocentric i don't believe them when they say they care for social problems

Otherwise why not just do this and shut up ??
The Racism Thread - Page 28 8ef40c10
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:50 pm

I am completely indifferent to these gestures from TV and movie studios. They are hollow and calculated to protect their bottom line. It does nothing to move forward the conversation about police brutality. It shouldn't have taken so many lives for it to happen. It's fine that is now at least, even if it is cringe at some points.

It is essentially pandering without any substance.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:06 pm

I once wore a samurai costume for Halloween, now it's time to apologize for my racism tbh Thumbs up
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next