Hapless_Hans
Twoism
urbaNRoots
Jay29
RealGunner
38 posters

Page 14 of 44 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 29 ... 44  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by RealGunner Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:47 pm

Not a bad deal that. I was thinking more of some talented GK but any would do for a lower price.

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Thimmy Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:58 pm

Jay29 wrote:Latest on Monreal is that he'll move for no fee, but Arsenal may get first pick on a Sociedad player for a lower price than normal.

I wouldn't mind Oyazarbal at all.

Oyarzabal is a young and decently talented player, but I really don't think he's quite good enough for Arsenal, unless we're talking a backup role. I imagine he'd have higher ambitions than that. If not, and if he's not too expensive, then that sounds like a good deal for Arsenal.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:10 pm

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:17 pm

A good stalwart for his time with us. Never had it all as a fullback and defender overall, but he had a good stretch where he was our best defender as well which probably says more about our defensive situation than anything else anyway Laughing.

But my point is, he will be remembered fondly Molenation
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:30 am

Cech
Ospina
Ramsey
Welbeck
Jenkinson
Iwobi
Koscielny
Monreal

All gone in one summer. And Elneny is close to joining Besiktas, too.

It really is a new era.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:32 am

hopefully the current crop sticks around long enough to build connection
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:33 pm

damn
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:51 am

Mkhitaryan close to joining Roma on loan, according to various Italian sources. Reportedly, there could be an obligation to buy if he plays 25 games.

He has to leave, because he's not offering much value to the team these days. If he does, it'll be a huge chance for a Nelson, Martinelli or Saka to get regular games.

Elsewhere, Sky Germany are linking Mustafi to Juventus, but it's likely nonsense.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:59 am

While I don't expect Roma to buy him after his loan (I expect lots of bench appearances once the 25 number comes close), I believe a year off could do him and us good.

Makes it even more strange that Emery risked an injury by playing him yesterday while Sanllehi was negotiating his departure.

Mustafi to Juventus could be possible if Bayern don't let Boateng leave (who is Juve's first choice). Juventus need a CB after Chiellini's long term injury and Mustafi is one of the few experienced CB's who is available for cheap.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:14 am

The latest on Mkhitaryan is that there'll be no obligation to buy, but Roma will pay a loan fee and cover a large amount, if not all, of his 180k p/w wages.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:47 pm

It's a bit disappointing that we could only loan out Elneny and Mkhi, but getting their wages off the books was the main thing in the end since we were never going to get large fees. Hopefully they do well and we can sell them on next summer.

It's also disappointing that we sold Monreal but kept Mustafi, however there is almost global disapproval of Mustafi at this point and I can see why it was hard to sell him on. We wanted to offload one more defender and that's what we got...I guess in the end, it could have been worse.

I feel like we're one more good summer away from having the complete squad. We need a top CB, maybe a RB if we shift Niles further forward, and to replace Ozil/Mkhi with playmakers not on the decline, but this summer was a huge step in the right direction. We'll only need to do 1/2 the business next year if we're lucky.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:38 pm

My guess is that after Saliba joins, they'll go hard for a centre back, as they tried to do this summer. Hopefully with CL money they can pull that off.

Then they'll look at midfield. Ceballos' loan ends, so they'll need someone to come in, plus if Xhaka keeps this up he'll be replaced, too.

Everything else depends on the kids, I reckon. If Nelson/Saka/Martinelli/Smith Rowe establish themselves, the need to bring in attacking depth diminishes. Same with Willock in midfield. If Osei-Tutu and Nketiah do well on loan, they could come back and give the squad more options at right back and centre forward respectively.

The plans will be very different if they all struggle.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:51 pm

Zagadou
Upamecano (Back from Knee injury)
Saliba(Hamstring Injury,Return expected on Sep 29, 2019)
have 0 performances between them so far in 19/20 ,Arsenal DNA The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 14 Vagi12
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:41 pm

Jay29 wrote:My guess is that after Saliba joins, they'll go hard for a centre back, as they tried to do this summer. Hopefully with CL money they can pull that off.

Then they'll look at midfield. Ceballos' loan ends, so they'll need someone to come in, plus if Xhaka keeps this up he'll be replaced, too.

Everything else depends on the kids, I reckon. If Nelson/Saka/Martinelli/Smith Rowe establish themselves, the need to bring in attacking depth diminishes. Same with Willock in midfield. If Osei-Tutu and Nketiah do well on loan, they could come back and give the squad more options at right back and centre forward respectively.

The plans will be very different if they all struggle.

very much so, we would still be lacking if we don't have good options off the bench and for in the long run. These young boys need to step up.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:06 pm

:whistle:
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:08 pm

@Edu @BettercallRaul :fishing:
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:35 pm

Time to reiterate :coffee:

Sina wrote:Arsenal sent scouts to watch Suso on Saturday. Monchi has recently met the player's agent as he was looking to sign him for Roma. [La Gazzetta dello Sport]

Nico Pepe>>>>>>>>

Pepe+Maddison needed

http://www.goallegacy.net/t41373p900-the-official-summer-transfer-rumours-thread#1934340

:fishing:
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:51 pm

You can add Soyuncu to the list of players we should've signed, the kid who Mislintat scouted for a long time before someone at the club pushed the "experience" angle with Sokratis/Lichtsteiner.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:40 pm

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:00 pm

===============
bring back Gervinho
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:44 pm

I read Arsenal were trying to extend his and Lacazette's contracts, but things have stalled.

Ideal world, Auba stays for another year while Nketiah and Martinelli get more experience.

Failing that, take that 72m and spend it all on Haaland.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:52 pm

Double swoop for Osimhen-Soumare needed
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:55 pm

-Arsenal have made contact with the representatives of Juventus defender Merih Demiral, Serie A Giants want over €30m [@turkish_futbol1]
-Arsenal are keen on a permanent deal, however, Juventus are reluctant to sell him. A loan deal in January is a possibility.
https://twitter.com/ZR_7G1/status/1192752698036281344
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:59 pm

Both Xhaka and Torreira should be sold

buy a ball winner with physicality and proper technician
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:32 pm

I'm fearing for Torreira's role in this team as well. Let's wait until a new manager comes in and see if he finds a stable role in our team.

I'm more worried about him not feeling settled in London apparently that might take away from his performances.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:31 pm

Riyad Mahrez claims he almost joined Arsenal and describes 'two lost years' after Leicester title win
Mahrez wrote:
"After the title-winning year, if I was in a top team, it would not have been the same story," he told France Football.

"For me, it is clear that I lost two years at the very highest level. I lost two years!

"Because instead of being at City at 27, I could have been there at 24 or 25. Leicester blocked me. They told me: "You cannot go, you cannot go!

"My agent had talked with [Arsene] Wenger who really wanted to sign me, it was almost done with Arsenal in the summer of 2016...I was really frustrated.

"It's not easy to go from being the PFA Players' Player of the Year to being part of a team fighting for Premier League survival. It's not the same job.

"Everyone is waiting on you and expects you to perform."

https://www.skysports.com/transfer/news/11679/11859500/riyad-mahrez-claims-he-almost-joined-arsenal-and-describes-two-lost-years-after-leicester-title-win

:brickwall:

imagine Arsenal 16/17 was...
------Vardy--------
Alexis--Özil--Mahrez
drunken
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 44 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 29 ... 44  Next