Hapless_Hans
Twoism
urbaNRoots
Jay29
RealGunner
38 posters

Page 44 of 44 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 44 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Eman Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:32 pm

Given the situation we find ourselves in with respect to the homegrown rules, the fact that we have no European football to offer the top players in the world, and the public declaration from the Kroenke's that they would be investing this summer, I think that this summer can best be defined as a productive one where we did what we had to do. We had to target young, preferably English talent who we feel will grow into world class players, and pay what we needed to to bring them in across a number of different positions that needed new players, from clubs that mostly didn't want to sell their best youth talents and who knew that we had money to spend.

Edu has gotten good value out of most of the signings that he has made thus far (let's forget about Willian smoking), this is the first time that he really had a budget to play with, and we hired several scouts this summer, so I am hoping that we have made some good choices even if the players we have signed did cost a lot more than we would have liked. I was pretty fired up about the Ben White and Aaron Ramsdale deals a few weeks ago because it seemed crazy to me to pay so much for these guys, but this Odegaard signing has improved my mood big time. Odegaard made a huge impact on the pace of our attacking play once he joined last season and I think he's going to be world class.

I don't know if we are done yet after we complete the Odegaard and Ramsdale deals, as another RB and/or winger would be great, but at this point we definitely need to shift a number of bodies out the door before we can make anything else happen. I count 8 guys who I presume the club wants to still sell (or loan): Nelson, Kolasinac, Torreira, Willian, Bellerin, Elneny, Runarsson, Lacazette.

Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 44 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by RealGunner Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:11 am

Would happily swap Auba for Ings
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:34 pm

Opportunistic Arsenal
Operation Sterling
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:27 am

So Maitland-Niles wants out. He wants to go to Everton but Arsenal rejected their loan offer because apparently they suddenly want to keep him?

AMN went public asking for clarity which he hasn't received yet:

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/arsenal-fc-transfer-news-ainsley-maitland-niles-b939464.html

Also happy to play full-back:

Currently, AMN is a superior right back to anyone else at the club, so if he's happy to play there then he should be. This is yet another masterclass in management.

Should point out, AMN was starting most games when Arteta took over and then he abruptly dropped him last season and he was loaned to West Brom.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:33 am

AMN was fantastic when he was playing as the RB. He has all the right attributes for that role and it's a blessing that he is a decent midfielder too because that helps him with the passing.

I can't believe Arteta couldn't just sit down with him and have a discussion where he would convince that RB is his position and he is going to be a starter there. Playing Cedric, Bellerin and Chambers there instead makes no sense.

Why would AMN choose to play CM for a club like Norwich or Brighton when he can be a starting RB for Arsenal.

We really are an awfully managed club
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:43 am

he lacks the concentration levels, defensive capabilities and hardwork to be a full-time RB, he would have fit in perfectly though as the RWB if Arbeta stayed with the 3-4-3
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by mani88 Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:37 am

After seeing link with Takehiro Tomiyasu instead of googling him I googled Rio Miyaichi :whistle:

He was only bought by us as a paid transfer. After us its always either a loan or a free transfer. Currently playing for Yokohama Marinos. smoking
mani88
mani88
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:11 pm

We truly do suck when it comes to managing Asian players correctly
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:24 pm

So you did buy a right back for 20m € just now?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:31 pm

Yes we did

Never seen him play but he looks good.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:33 pm

Bellerin has moved to Betis on loan

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:48 pm

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:19 am

"I've just got a message to say: 'Tomiyasu was offered to most clubs in the Premier League. He's a good player but the problem is he's not really a right-back, nor is he a central defender. I'm not sure how he will get on at Arsenal'.

Sounds like chambers 2.0 and we actually got rid of a right back.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:03 am

A right back who was a liability. I've only heard good things about Tomiyasu. And, from what I've read, he's better as a right back than at centre, so who knows, maybe he'll surprise people
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:50 am

I haven't watched him, but I've done some reading.

His stats for aerial duels, not being dribbled past and passing from the back were impressive. His offensive stats like dribbling and passes into third weren't compared to most full-backs, which could be influenced by his time at centre back.

The impression I'm getting he's someone comfortable at right back or centre back, two-footed, a solid passer and strong in the air. What he isn't is a rampaging wing-back who's gonna carry the ball up the field and swing crosses in. That's fine because the right back in our current set-up doesn't do that anyway. It's designed so the right back plays centre back in one phase and defends as a right-back in another. Sounds like Tomiyasu fits that profile nicely.

That's not just an Arteta thing. Full-backs forming a back three with the centre backs in possession is very much the fashion right now.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:25 pm

From the videos i have seen he is as two footed as Cazorla. He can ping a pass comfortably with his left as from his right. He looks intelligent with his tackling which is promising. I am not sure about his mobility but we will see that soon enough.

I hope he is a hidden gem.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:30 am

David Ornstein and others reporting that Arsenal have been in contact with Gabriel Jesus's representatives for the past few months and that the player is open to a summer move.

His contract expires in 2023, and he has 11 goals and 12 assist in all comps this season (4 goals of which came yesterday in a 'f*ck your valuation' price tag raising bonanza).

Pep said yesterday that he's unsure of Jesus's future, while Edu gave an interview to Brazilian sports media where he indicated that Arsenal's summer transfer strategy would be less of a squad overhaul and more focused on quality additions.

Personally, love the Jesus links. Does everything a nine needs to do at an extremely high level, and in the right role his goalscoring will explode. Great age, profile, experience and availability for this team.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:05 am

Its funny how City bought Haaland for 50 mil and are getting the 50 mill back by selling Jesus to us, while clubs are low balling us for Torreria and Bellerin.

AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mani88 Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:11 pm

This is the 7th post in this thread since we signed Tomiyasu. This place is dead. Sad

Watched parts of the match today. Although this was just a preseason game. But today fullbacks were inverted. Attacking shape being 2-3-2-3. We will need a holding midfielder if dont know the partey situation. Jesus will help us alot with his intelligent movement in the final third.
mani88
mani88
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:18 pm

mani88 wrote:This is the 7th post in this thread since we signed Tomiyasu. This place is dead. Sad

Watched parts of the match today. Although this was just a preseason game. But today fullbacks were inverted. Attacking shape being 2-3-2-3. We will need a holding midfielder if dont know the partey situation. Jesus will help us alot with his intelligent movement in the final third.

Arsenal have taken away alot of the enthusiasm and hope that was there through the years.

Hopefully this season brings some of the guys back.
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:10 am

Omarion Hutchinson is leaving Arsenal for Chelsea.

Also, anyone find it weird that none of the youth players are on the USA Tour except Walters?

Plus we are taking 5 goalkeepers for the Tour, one who is on the verge of leaving (Leno) and one who doesn't have a future at the club (Runnarson)
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:35 am

mani88 wrote:Jesus will help us

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:35 am

Sri wrote:
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by chairylegg Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:07 am

Pretty amazing the man utd could come off the bottom of the premier league if they beat liverpool next monday haha. 2 most winningest teams in english football history in a bottom of the table dog fight hehe. sportsbetting3.com has ten haag as most likely to get sacked, but i think he might resign before that. like the cunha move in terms of the player but position is ridiculous, man utd dont need another central player behind the striker.

chairylegg
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:08 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Sri wrote:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Davis Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:19 am

Arsenal have had a strong transfer window this summer. Declan Rice and Havertz are good additions to the squad. Rice has been a great defensive midfielder for England over the last few years, and can help improve the midfield at Arsenal. Havertz is great because he's a good box to box midfielder who can play in many positions.
Davis
Davis
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 44 of 44 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44