M99
S
McLewis
silver
Great Leader Sprucenuce
21 posters

Page 26 of 37 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 31 ... 37  Next

Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 34 - Page 26 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 34

Post by Pedram Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:40 am

Rumor is that Vince is looking to sell the company, would be crazy if true.

Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 34 - Page 26 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 34

Post by Pedram Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:26 am

Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:45 am

Was actually a really good show i thought.

Some underwhelming undercard stuff but Bobby vs Kofi was probably the best squash since Cena vs Lesnar, the Mens Ladder match was fantastic (pretty much all the guys in the match got pretty big pops which was nice) and the main event was fantastic also which set up two big Summerslam matchups (Cena vs Roman and Rollins vs Edge)

You know Smackdown is the A show when the two big matchups are both from there rofl
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:27 pm

Pedram wrote:

THAT POP holy shit. It's prime Austin-esque in backlash ffs. Tears in my eyes.

Interest back in WWE went 10000%. I am not sure about the match quality but the promo wars will be insane between Cena and Reigns.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:12 pm

Summerslam card looks good.

Cena vs Reigns
Lashley vs Goldberg
Rollins vs Edge

Probably also:
Becky vs Charlotte
Bianca vs Sasha
Priest vs Sheamus
Balor vs Zayn
Orton/Riddle vs AJ/Omos

AEW is also on fire after getting back crowds.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:41 am

RealGunner wrote:
Pedram wrote:

Interest back in WWE went 10000%. I am not sure about the match quality but the promo wars will be insane between Cena and Reigns.

We're about to find out how much better Reigns has gotten at promos, i really hope Cena pushes him.

Regarding the match quality, the best thing about Romans matches since his return is absolutely excells at taking you on rides from an emotional storytelling pov.

Cena also excells at this so I'm sure it will be great, the only way it can fall short is if Cena's schedule means he isn't in shape like we've seen from part time guys before.

But i believe in Cena more than the likes of Goldberg, Taker etc in his ability to go as a part timer so I'm sure it will be fine.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:53 am

Ngl I'm really hyped to watch Smackdown between now and Summerslam.

You got Roman v Cena build, Edge v Rollins build, Big E has MITB, Balor is back, Sasha possibly returning, Usos and Reigns are champs, King Nakamura, Broke ass Corbin gimmick and Pat McAfee is straight up amazing on commentary.

Then you got people like KO who the crowd absolutely loves even if his booking is inconsistent. Not all of this will actually impact Summerslam but it's a fun time.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:06 am

Remember when MT posted Karrion Kross entrance and everyone mentioned how the entrance was larger than life etc.

Well he had his Raw Debut last night with none of the cool stuff about his entrance, no Scarlett and to top all off he lost to Jeff freaking Hardy.

So yeah Raw remains trash.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:03 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
RealGunner wrote:
Pedram wrote:

We're about to find out how much better Reigns has gotten at promos, i really hope Cena pushes him.

Regarding the match quality, the best thing about Romans matches since his return is absolutely excells at taking you on rides from an emotional storytelling pov.

Cena also excells at this so I'm sure it will be great, the only way it can fall short is if Cena's schedule means he isn't in shape like we've seen from part time guys before.

But i believe in Cena more than the likes of Goldberg, Taker etc in his ability to go as a part timer so I'm sure it will be fine.

You just know they are going to reference this promo

It's been 4 years so Reigns probably got a lot better. Cena will definitely push him and specially if the crowd is behind him.

Cena probably lost a lot of muscles with the constant shootings so not sure how strong he currently is but i agree that there is no way he is giving undertaker or goldberg level of shite. The storytelling can do the job itself if not the moves.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:20 pm

Man this was a great return too

lol at wwe cutting off lashley when he was calling him a motherfucker Laughing
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:58 pm

Imagine thinking there is anyone better ffs

Also who the fuck is riddle Laughing

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:50 pm

Matt Riddle, former MMA guy. He's over as fuck in the same way RVD used to be, he can go in the ring and has a really relaxed (high as fuck) demeanour on the mic for back stage segments.

Probably one of the better things about Raw (there isn't much)
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:58 pm

So I heard of this return and his entrance pop was amazing.

Cena's huge reception is akin to my thoughts on SAF. Hated him while he was there but only rate him higher as the year goes.

I always loved Cena anyhow.

These retiree comebacks dont reflect well on the business as we know as they can't rely on that but Cena is known to always stay in shape as he's definitely the strongest man who's ever been in the WWE from what Ive seen so likely will put up a good show.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:27 am

Yeah it's important to point out not all part timers are created equal.

Having Goldberg coming back IMO isn't a good thing, but Edge and Cena is completely good imo.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:38 am

https://www.bodyslam.net/2021/07/21/exclusive-daniel-bryan-has-signed-with-aew-details-on-what-he-asked-for-from-company/

One of the biggest stars of wrestling in this century could be headed back to wrestling, if all goes well. CM Punk has been in ongoing talks for a return, sources tell Fightful.

Fightful Select learned last week that CM Punk has been in talks to make a return to pro wrestling as an in-ring performer, with sources indicating that AEW is the most likely landing point. We have no confirmation of a contract officially being signed, a timetable, a set return date, or any creative plans, only that Punk and a company official have had ongoing conversations about an in-ring return.

As with any negotiations, nothing is ever fully confirmed until the deal is actually done and the subject appears on screen.

We have heard of other companies having interest in Punk coming in to work after fans returned, but have not heard of any specific offers or overtures made towards him.

Fightful has not officially confirmed this report with CM Punk himself or All Elite Wrestling officials. We have been told in recent days that higher ups in WWE believe that Punk is headed to AEW.

Punk last wrestled in January 2014 for WWE, and was released later that year. In the years that followed, he pursued a career in mixed martial arts in the UFC, where he officially has an 0-1 record with 1 no contest. In addition to MMA, Punk has worked in commentary roles within the sport, and made his way into acting. He also appeared on WWE Backstage for approximately six months. Aside from his appearances on Backstage, he's only made two appearances in wrestling since leaving WWE -- both in very anonymous masked roles on the independent circuit

Source: Fightful

Bryan and Punk headed to AEW.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:05 am

Relying on Goldberg, Cena and Edge. Won't be long until Lesnar comes back, and Taker, Kane and HHH come out of retirement.
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:49 pm

https://streamable.com/48qj0r

Holy shit, this type of heat hasn't been seen in wrestling for more than 20 years.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:20 am

I watched highlights of RAW in the first time in forever and there's no wonder it can barely hit 1.7M viewers.

Hoping AEW overtakes it in within the coming years. Bryan and Punk will give it a lot more momentum.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:51 pm

AEW sure is on a bit of a roll. Didn't think I'd ever be seeing Nick Gage putting Jericho through light tubes though. Laughing
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:30 pm

Casciavit wrote:AEW sure is on a bit of a roll. Didn't think I'd ever be seeing Nick Gage putting Jericho through light tubes though. Laughing

I really hope the former is true as without competition WWE is not going to get their shit together. No coincidence it dipped when WCW etc were bought out.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:27 pm

I can't see WWE changing until Vince hits the bucket tbh. They're too set in their ways.

My problem with WWE are the wrestlers. Especially the ones coming in from NXT which is their developmental program. No one stands out.

They're trained to perform in that environment which hampers creativity. Everyone there has the long hair and beard combo. They all look the same. If they have a good look, they can't talk. And if they can talk they end up having a shitty look and can't wrestle either.

It's just a poorly written sterile program. It's no surprise that they have to rely on a part timer legend vs Roman Reigns as their main event for Wrestlemania in the last 6 years. He's the one star they've made and even then it took him 5 years to find his character and he's nowhere the name John Cena was.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:02 pm

Ufff this is so exciting, cant wait!

What a roster AEW are building tho

With Bryan and Punk,genuinely think it's better than the WWE roster tbh
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:06 pm

Heard he asked for release due to mental health issues. Not sure if that is true or not though.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:08 pm

On the other hand, Metzelder is reporting he was released due to budget cuts
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:09 pm

when is Punk debuting in AEW? do any of you watch that show?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:02 pm

I'm a regular AEW watcher. He should be debuting Aug 20, on their Rampage show (their version of Smackdown and it would be their second episode). It's all but officially confirmed.

Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 37 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 31 ... 37  Next