M99
S
McLewis
silver
Great Leader Sprucenuce
21 posters

Page 14 of 37 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 25 ... 37  Next

Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 34 - Page 14 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 34

Post by M99 Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:05 pm

Cena vs Goldberg + Fiend vs Reigns or Reigns vs Goldberg + Cena vs Fiend, one site is saying.

M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 34 - Page 14 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 34

Post by RealGunner Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:09 pm

Cena vs Fiend doesn't make sense as beating Cena isn't as big as it used to be.

Hopefully it's Cena vs Goldberg

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:53 pm

On the contrary, it makes all the sense in the world.

Fiend has been going after people who "wronged " him as Bray, with Cena obviously one that fits the bill.

Let Reigns have Goldberg, for multiple reasons. But the two big ones are they've spent a long time trying to slowly build Reigns back up after Leukaemia and not forcing him down the fans throats.

Secondly they've put a lot of work into the Fiend and putting Reigns against the Fiend and having Reigns win would really harm both guys.

There's absolutely no reason to do that when you don't have to when there's better options available.

I really hope they do Reigns vs Goldberg and Cena Vs Fiend, it's the line which makes the most sense and quite frankly the storytelling potential is better this way.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:23 pm

Casciavit wrote:His interviews outside the ring are hilarious. I wish he didn't turn heel on Cody so quickly though.

Yeah that was rough. I never really bought him as a face though. Just has one of those heel faces.

Onyx wrote:Fiend should beat Goldberg and then Reigns at WM imo. Have him completely dominate. Only way he loses is through self-destruction. But yeh, looks like Bray is finally where he should be.

Also Broken Matt's apparently returning soon, rumours of him joining AEW, something to do with a stable called Dark Order. Either that or he'll be involved with Bray.

If Scientology had a wrestling gimmick, it would be the Dark Order. I've really liked what I've seen so far from their segments. Evil Uno sounds so generic, but I think that's what makes him rather sinister. He sounds like a manager at some random corporation, which I hope is what he's going for as it works pretty well.

I want to see them do segments with bigger talent than the guy from SCU who seems to be past it.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:05 pm

John Cena’s opponent for Wrestlemania, which is very underwhelming in Dave’s eyes, might be Elias. Dave will have 100% confirmation tomorrow but he feels confident this is the match. He cannot believe this is the match as it is suppose to give Elias the rub in a losing effort.

Feels more positive on AJ Styles vs Undertaker. Cause AJ can lose and not hurt his rep, plus sell for Taker to make him look good.

No plans for Goldberg at Mania as of this moment. So his match with Bray Wyatt is his only wrestling plans for 2020.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:09 pm

Elias the guy he buried last WM lol?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:43 pm

I listened to it btw, he didn't say it would be Elias.

Bryan Alvarez said Elias or Corbin and he responded with "it's not Corbin and what made you say Elias".

People are jumping to conclusions from what i can tell.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:42 pm

One of the best gimmicks of all time imo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:50 pm

Heel Orton at his best. :bow:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:57 pm

Bah gawd Rollins has a gimmick. Looks promising.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:48 pm

He's been pretty entertaining imo, it's a shame Joe keeps getting injured leading to a stop start program.

Kevin Owens alone with jobber tag teams isn't intriguing enough of an adversary.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:26 pm

AEW has had their best two shows back to back. They have hopefully found their footing.

Honestly, NXT is feeling stale with Gargano, Ciampa and Cole being the focus for almost two years now. Part of why NXT was so enjoyable is because of how fresh it felt with people leaving the brand and new stars being constantly created. They are in a weird spot now with people who have been watching on the Network getting burnt out but newer fans gained from the TV deal just getting introduced to the guys. Would like to see Lee, Dijakovic, Riddle and Kushida be in the main event scene soon instead of UE+DIY.

RAW seems to be good judging from Youtube. Not surprising with Heyman in charge. Looks like he is making stars out of Mcintyre, Black and Murphy. Hear Smackdown's been shit with Reigns vs Corbin being the focus for three months Laughing
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:14 pm

That Rollins promo makes me want to change the channel rather than boo him. Important difference.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:08 am

Yeah I think UE will break up soon or move to Raw. Dream or Lee beating Cole at Wrestlemania weekend leading to some big changes.

Nice to see Charlotte going for NXT. Makes making her win the rumble make sense and makes NXT the legit equal brand.

Haven't enjoyed AEW that much. Omega really needs to start dominating the heavyweight division. Interesting to see Cobb debut but Jericho completely ruined the surprise. As much as they need a heel faction centered around Jericho, the Inner Circle just seems like a hodgepodge of heels thrown together.

NJPW is in a bit of a holding pattern until someone wins NJ cup leading to Naito's next challenger. I hope its Sanada. They need to push that guy.
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:00 am

If UE break up you might as well kill them lol, also the story with Ciampa/Gargano isn't over yet. You finish the story first instead of forcing new matchups.

Same case with Cole, also nobody was saying this before this weeks show. It's more about the show being bad this week rather than any long term staleness imo.

Because HHH quite clearly doesn't give a crap about AEW or ratings, reason i say this is because they came off a great PPV and didn't really take advantage of any momentum with new angles and instead chose to slowly continue whatever their plans are.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:53 am

On the PPV being great

I 100% agree with this. Kicking out of multiple finishers and tag team finishers are ridiculous. Prefer matches like Andrade vs Gargano and Black vs Dream a hundred times more than the finisher fuck fests which have main evented the last four Takeovers in a row.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:09 pm

I'm not just talking about the main event, the main event doesn't make the entire show.

I agree re: the main event though, they could have got to the Gargano stuff 5 minutes earlier and had the same impact.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:59 am

NXT has been doing spotfest matches since Cole started main eventing lol, so I'm not sure why people are only making a big deal out of it now.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:56 pm

Hell wrestling itself has for 20 years lol.

People just pick and choose when to complain about it, Taker vs HBK was about as spot fest heavy as anything today.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:49 pm

Casciavit wrote:NXT has been doing spotfest matches since Cole started main eventing lol, so I'm not sure why people are only making a big deal out of it now.

People have been complaining since Gargano vs Cole in New York, which is the first Cole main event. Its getting more and more vocal after four matches in a row following the same formula. HBK vs Taker happened on freakin Wrestlemania and even those had one finisher kickouts from each guy. There is no bigger stage than Mania and besides those matches favored psychology more than spots. Every Takeover main event in the span of a year being big finisher kick outs is getting stale

WOR wrote:The only two matches that I have written about that have changed and I don't know if it's a 100% changed but I was pretty much told that they have changed is Bray Wyatt and Roman Reigns & John Cena and Elias. But I believe there's about 5 or 6 matches that have changed but the other ones are matches I hadn't reported yet anyway.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:11 pm

Favoured psychology rofl

I get their legends and it was a big event, but that match was no less a spot fest than anything today.

As i said people just make excuses when they want to, WWE has been a finisher kick out spam fest for 20 years.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:04 pm

Takeover main events have become way more of a spotfest since last year though. Compare the last four main events to older ones and you'll see. Cole kicking out of a Ending after two powerbombs in a table and Ciampa/Gargano kicking out of UE's tag team finisher is something that pushed it to ridiculous for me.

silver wrote:NJPW is in a bit of a holding pattern until someone wins NJ cup leading to Naito's next challenger. I hope its Sanada. They need to push that guy.

NJ Cup brackets got released.

The Official WWE Thread - Part 34 - Page 14 Njcup-2020

Ospreay or Sanada to win it. Sanada's my pick to take the IC title from Naito eventually. I keep hearing NJPW is reluctant to push Sanada because he is a freelancer and he has been open about his ambitions to go wrestle in the US. Okada's getting eliminated in the first round this year lol.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:10 am

I think Ospreay will challenge Naito sometime this year but not sure if he'll win NJ Cup unless they're giving him the Omega push.

Sanada and Shingo would be fresh main eventers but both in LIJ and I don't think they're ready to break them up yet.

Wouldn't be surprised if it was Taichi lol
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:28 pm

GOLDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDBERGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:46 pm

Lol what an embarrassment, one day their going to have to build for the future and when they do it will be too late.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:13 pm

scratch

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 37 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 25 ... 37  Next