M99
S
McLewis
silver
Great Leader Sprucenuce
21 posters

Page 31 of 37 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 37  Next

Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 34 - Page 31 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 34

Post by silver Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:23 pm

Kinda obvious it was going to time limit draw. They need to do what NJPW do and start announcing how much time left 5 minutes out.

silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 34 - Page 31 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 34

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:54 pm

Jay29 wrote:Danielson/Omega managed to be great without either going all out. They can go again without fans getting tired of it, easily.

I'm wondering who will take the belt off Omega, though. From what I've heard Danielson's not going to be there all the time and they're using Punk else where. Only guy I can think of is Hangman.

Shout out to MJF, who still managed to get the whole crowd to boo him on a night everything was getting cheered.

It should be Hangman, you don't build a guy up for over two years and then not do it.

Can't wait till he comes back tbh, Pop will be gigantic.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:07 pm

Really enjoyed Jungle boy vs Adam Cole. I am a huge Cole admirer and very excited to see how AEW utilize him.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:16 pm

Hangman is so over he got Moxley and Orange Cassidy booed ffs.

Its time. He is taking the title at Full Gear.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:57 pm

Finally Punk's first legit feud. All his previous feuds were largely disappointing with no buildup or he was just wrestling jobbers. Was gonna say how disappointing Punk's run in AEW has been so far but finally something interesting to look forward to.

Bryan on the other hand has had a steady start in AEW, wrestling the top guys, delivering high quality matches. His segment with Hangman was absolute fire. Loved the Wrestlemania name drop as well.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:25 pm

I thought his feud with Eddie Kingston was pretty good. Short but great build that culminated in a fantastic match.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:21 pm

Eddie and Punk was a great mini feud
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:51 am

lmao beautiful little first promo between Punk and MJF, haven't been following much lately, but will try to follow this feud
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:58 am

how can you hate on this @S

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO0j3xaZ53E
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:52 pm

El Gunner wrote:how can you hate on this @S

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO0j3xaZ53E

This segment was good but just saying that Punk's mostly been having these filler feuds ever since he's arrived with very little buildup or storytelling.
I'd like something more sustained with better buildup. Honestly Punk hasn't been that great at all but now that he's feuding with the best heel in AEW, this promises something.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:11 pm

fair
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:22 pm

I was really disappointed with Full Gear outside of 2 or 3 exceptions but the follow up on Dynamite was great.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:09 am

Hangman champion.
Danielson 1# contender.
Adam Cole will probably challenge for the title soon.
Seeds already sown for Cole / Omega feud with potential Undisputed Era reunion, and/or feud for the Buck's loyalty, and/or Mt Rushmore reunion.
CM Punk.
90% sure Kevin Owens will join AEW.
Whenever Moxley returns.

AEW are not short of feuds for the upper card, and once those are done they will have Darby, MJF, Jungle Boy, Sammy G etc ready to take over.

They do need another secondary title, like back in the WWF title, Intercontinental title, European title days.
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:53 am

silver wrote:Hangman champion.
Danielson 1# contender.
Adam Cole will probably challenge for the title soon.
Seeds already sown for Cole / Omega feud with potential Undisputed Era reunion, and/or feud for the Buck's loyalty, and/or Mt Rushmore reunion.
CM Punk.
90% sure Kevin Owens will join AEW.
Whenever Moxley returns.

AEW are not short of feuds for the upper card, and once those are done they will have Darby, MJF, Jungle Boy, Sammy G etc ready to take over.

They do need another secondary title, like back in the WWF title, Intercontinental title, European title days.

They really should just use the FTW title for that instead of using it as a prop.

Its a testament to the roster AEW built that they have Moxley and Omega out of commission for months but they are not lacking in starpower.

Johnny Gargano and Kyle O Reilly's contracts are also expiring, they could be joining AEW soon too.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:33 am

God tier segment between MJF and Punk

Just wow

I was waiting for this
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:07 am

MJF got the lion's share of mic time but Punk still owned him. Just showed everyone that he is an all time great and he hasn't missed a single step. Guy is a legit god on the mic.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:35 am

decent promo, the one with Eddie was more intense though and felt personal... it's actually funny this whole time i thought MJF just reminded me of The Miz, i never really got the hype around him, and Punk just pointed that out haha. From what i've seen he's not that "awesome" on the mic either, but he plays well with the crowd, that's his best skill

favourites parts of the promo was MJF calling him "Punky" Laughing and the "hustle loyalty respect" jibe
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:59 pm

Best segment in years, was hooked, pipebomb battles are a guilty pleasure. This felt like a continuation of WWE Punk, reminded me of his promos with HHH and Cena.

MJF is far and away the best promo guy in AEW, hardly ever disappoints, Punk was probably standing there proud lol. I've always thought of him as a Miz clone too, that's probably his ceiling unless he evolves into more of a larger than life character. At the moment he just has a plain old smarmy cocky persona, but the good thing is he's an elite talker, a rare skill to have nowadays.

Hangman Page - Cool name, catchphrase, character and relatable persona. Would like to see him get more promo time without the dark order.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:02 pm

El Gunner wrote:decent promo, the one with Eddie was more intense though and felt personal... it's actually funny this whole time i thought MJF just reminded me of The Miz, i never really got the hype around him, and Punk just pointed that out haha. From what i've seen he's not that "awesome" on the mic either, but he plays well with the crowd, that's his best skill

favourites parts of the promo was MJF calling him "Punky" Laughing and the "hustle loyalty respect" jibe

Great segment, but I felt the same way. I think the Eddie promo was better as it felt more personal and there was more heat. This one was just them trading smark jabs at each other.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:28 pm

M99 wrote:MJF got the lion's share of mic time but Punk still owned him. Just showed everyone that he is an all time great and he hasn't missed a single step. Guy is a legit god on the mic.

Did he? He had better punch lines but the storytelling from MJF was god tier.

I dunno i can agree that he was owned.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:33 pm

The Eddie promo vs Punk felt unbelievably forced to me, i didn't enjoy it anywhere near as most people did.

The bit at the end where he told him to go home again and Punk headbutted him was the saving grace imo. The rest of it i was sighing non stop.

I was way more engaged in MJF vs Punk.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:46 pm

Didn't really care as much for the Eddie promo, but that's mainly because I have no idea who he is or his backstory with Punk (which is what the promo was built on) and he's got very little star power. Plus it sounded like one of those 'ive been on the indys for 20 years, ive been held back and deserve more' promos.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:20 pm

What a segment :bow: great time to be a wrestling fan imo. Also really digging this cocky, in your face version of Bryan Danielson. Reminds me of 2002-03 Rock. It was better that he just went and confronted Hangman and his crew instead of ambushing them. Also he is looking in great shape. Really enjoying himself in AEW.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:23 pm

Bryan's character is very similar in attitude to his WWE heel run a couple of years ago.

Coincidentally it was best run in WWE post initial retirement.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:33 pm

Onyx wrote:Didn't really care as much for the Eddie promo, but that's mainly because I have no idea who he is or his backstory with Punk (which is what the promo was built on) and he's got very little star power. Plus it sounded like one of those 'ive been on the indys for 20 years, ive been held back and deserve more' promos.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/posts/eddie-kingston-aew-wrestling

Wouldn't say he has little starpower. Eddie is one of the most over guys on the roster.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:48 pm

The Eddie-Punk segment was good but the entire buildup itself looked forced, all because Punk needed an opponent at Full Gear. Maybe they should've taken further than they did to give the feud more meaning.

Besides many people, especially casuals hardly know their backstory to even connect with the segment.

Whereas you have Punk and MJF throwing jabs at each other making WWE references which people could easily connect with and understand. The reaction they got from the crowd tells you everything.

Punk had the edge in this segment but it was really impressive to see MJF hold his own and go toe to toe with Punk. The promo could've gone on for like 30 minutes and I would still be very much engaged. It was that entertaining.

But that said, MJF is right. Punk really is AEW's Cena atm. It's like he's come full circle. Watch him get boo'd out of the building if he buries MJF in the ring.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 37 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 37  Next