Cruijf
Socur Toxanarosa
Doc
Hapless_Hans
Valkyrja
58 posters

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:22 pm

The part I was thinking of was "The New York Times interviewed several dozen of her classmates in an attempt to corroborate her story, and could find no one with firsthand knowledge.[241] Ramirez had contacted some of her former classmates, and told some that she could not be certain Kavanaugh was the one who exposed himself.[242]"

Made up might be too strong, unverifiable seems more fitting.

Anyways let's get back to the topic at hand, would be happy to continue this in the politics section Smile

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread

Post by Thimmy Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:47 pm

The Independent wrote:"sexual assault allegations were ‘altered or completely fabricated"

-Ronaldo strongly rejects all allegations made against him

Cristiano Ronaldo’s lawyer has labelled documents in which the footballer reportedly admits to raping an American woman as “pure inventions” and described the ongoing case against the Portuguese as an “intentional defamation campaign based on stolen and easily manipulated digital documents.”

Peter Christiansen claimed documents relating to Ronaldo’s case had been stolen in 2015 as part of a hack and then altered, as he stressed the player’s innocence amid allegations he sexually assaulted Kathryn Mayorga, 34, in a Las Vegas hotel in 2009.

“By 2015, dozens of entities (including law firms) in different parts of Europe were attacked and their electronic data stolen by a cyber criminal,” he said in a statement on Wednesday.

“This hacker tried to sell such information, and a media outlet irresponsibly ended up publishing some of the stolen documents, significant parts of which were altered and / or completely fabricated.

“Once again, for the avoidance of doubt, Cristiano Ronaldo's position has always been, and continues to be, that what happened in 2009 in Las Vegas was completely consensual.”

Christiansen did confirm that his client had entered into an out-of-court settlement with Mayorga. As first reported by Der Spiegel, the American reached a non-disclosure agreement with Ronaldo’s legal team in 2010 and subsequently received a $375,000 pay-off.

“Cristiano Ronaldo does not deny that he agreed to enter into an agreement, but the reasons that led him to do so are at least to be distorted,” he added.

“This agreement is by no means a confession of guilt. What happened was simply that Cristiano Ronaldo merely followed the advice of his advisors in order to put an end to the outrageous accusations made against him.”

Las Vegas police have since reopened their sexual assault case into the incident, having initially closed their investigation in 2009.

Ronaldo has strongly denied the allegation of rape. “I firmly deny the accusations being issued against me,” he said earlier this month. “Rape is an abominable crime that goes against everything that I am and believe in.

“Keen as I may be to clear my name, I refuse to feed the media spectacle created by people seeking to promote themselves at my expense.”

Alongside the accusation of rape, the lawsuit filed by Mayorga accuses Ronaldo or those working for him of battery, intentional infliction of emotional distress, coercion and fraud, abuse of a vulnerable person, racketeering and civil conspiracy, defamation, abuse of process, breach of contract, and negligence for allowing details of the confidential settlement to leak out.

It asks for general damages, special damages, punitive damages and special relief, each in excess of $50,000, along with interest, attorney fees and court costs.

If he's deemed guilty, not only will his reputation forever be tarnished, but this sounds like it will be expensive, even for him.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:38 am

Alongside the accusation of rape, the lawsuit filed by Mayorga accuses Ronaldo or those working for him of battery, intentional infliction of emotional distress, coercion and fraud, abuse of a vulnerable person, racketeering and civil conspiracy, defamation, abuse of process, breach of contract, and negligence for allowing details of the confidential settlement to leak out.

Can someone explain this list of accusations on top of rape? Half of them make absolutely no sense to me.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:53 am

Art Morte wrote:

Can someone explain this list of accusations on top of rape? Half of them make absolutely no sense to me.

Battery means to physically threaten someone (learnt this from a video with Ben Shapiro being threatened by a trans person). Coercion means to forcefully make someone do something against their will, racketeering I'm unsure of - seems to have to do with organized crime, defamation is basically slander/damage to reputation. The rest is either self-explanatory, or terms I'm not familiar with.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:25 am

I know roughly what they mean, but how some of them relate to you a rape accusation greatly confuses me.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:40 am

Art Morte wrote:I know roughly what they mean, but how some of them relate to you a rape accusation greatly confuses me.

She will try to build a narrative that the reason she signed the initial settlement agreement and did not pursue criminal charges is because Ronaldo’s camp made her feel unsafe by way of such things.

Her lawyers will shotgun all of this in court to try to void the settlement agreeement. If that agreement holds, I don’t really know how or if there’s any cause of action

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:54 am

What a disaster for Ronaldo!! Even if it is fake. He probably lost Blond'or chance as well. His image around the world already damaged. I just went to you-tube to watch some football related video.
Some random guy trolling like this(may be Messi fanboy):

'Joshua Yoo'
5 minutes ago
'"Messi 2 matches, 5 goals in UCL (Goat), Penaldo 1 matches, 0 goals , 1 red card, 1 game banned for rape (Cry baby, rapist)"

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:37 am

Art Morte wrote:

I'm no legal scholar, but I took a stab at this with the help of Google. I avoided Wikipedia entirely. If we actually having any US legal folks on here, keep me honest, please.

Battery - In criminal law, a physical act that results in harmful or offensive contact with another's person without that person's consent. This could be the fondling of breasts or genitals that Mayorga referred to.

Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress - Acting abominably or outrageously with the intention of causing the victim to suffer severe emotional distress. This typically manifests in the form of a vocal threat of future harm to the accuser. In Mayorga's case, this could be the charge from her that CR7 threatened her in some way if she spoke about what happened to her. This could've been a verbal or physical threat.

Coercion - Criminal law where a defendant threatens to restrict the victim's freedom of action to their detriment by threatening them with accusations of a criminal offense, committing a criminal offense, or to take or withhold action as an official. In Mayorga's case, this could be her charge that CR7 threatened legal repercussions (suing her into oblivion for defaming him, as an example) against her if she speaks out about what happens.

Fraud - There are so many different kinds of Fraud in the US legal system that I'm unsure of which one is being referred to here. I'm entirely unsure of what this has to do with the case.

Abuse of a vulnerable person - According to the National Adult Protective Services Association (NAPSA) website, it's really just "abuse", which is a form of mistreatment by an individual that causes harm to another individual. In Mayorga's case, this would fall under alleged sexual abuse, which often includes threats, physical force and coercion to allow non-consensual sex acts.

Racketeering - The act of offering of a dishonest service (or a "racket")  to solve a problem that otherwise wouldn't exist without the enterprise offering the service. Usuallly associated with organized crime (think Goodfellas, Scarface, etc.) In Mayorga's case, this could be extortion or probably bribery since the case originally went away very quickly and quietly back in '09.

Civil Conspiracy - Combination between 2 or more people to accomplish together an unlawful purpose or to accomplish a purpose not in itself unlawful by unlawful means. It sounds like this would go hand in hand with fraud and racketeering if bribery, coercion or extortion are detected.

Defamation - The act of damaging the good reputation of someone. Also known as slander or libel. When a rape victim is slut-shamed and that charge is proven to be untrue, that's a defamation of their character, which often leads to negative public perception and can result in a loss of income or gainful employment. That seems to be Mayorga's charge here.

Abuse of Process - Another tort (non-physical harm) law that describes a person using the legal system in a way that is not necessarily serving the underlying legal action, but rather to achieve another purpose. I would imagine that in the case of CR7/Mayorga, this would be his legal team using the US legal system to slander her character rather than simply to clear their client's name. That's speculation though, of course.

Breach of contract - Basically breaking an agreed upon written agreement between 2 parties, ususally done by 1 or the other. I would imagine if Mayorga is going after CR7 for this, there was something in that original agreement that he was obligated to either do or not do that he failed at. That's an odd one.

Negligence for allowing the details of the confidential agreement to come out - Pretty self-explanatory. This is probably not aimed at CR7 himself, but his legal team. Again, an odd one coming from the accuser as it's normally the accused's party that sues for something like this given it's they who offers terms to the accused after the rape takes place to keep the accuser quiet.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:02 am

Yeah, I still don't get why half of them would have anything to do with this case. In my eyes this actually diminishes her credibility, feels like throwing random shit on the wall in the hope that something sticks.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:16 am

The lawyer is throwing everything possible to enlarge the case in the media and bring people's attention to it.

He said he is trying to contact other women who might have the same case, apparently one of which is a case that was already dismissed. Apparently (haven't checked too many sources but it was on the news because an ex-girlfriend spoke out on his favor) he said he wanted to contact ex-girlfriends of his for the same purpose.

He called out the police for not doing more at the time of the incident. The police came out and said that the she refused to give her last name, refused to give his (Ronaldo's) name or a description in the police report. Until 2 month ago when they went back to fix it.

I understand building up attention and making things known to get the case through, but he should be careful and do things correctly. Make his case before giving frequent public statements. If not, then in the case were the rape did occur, he is doing a disservice to the woman.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:11 pm

Isn’t it normal legal practice to charge for every single thing that may have been committed?
Just to keep someone from getting off on a technicality if they’re indeed guilty
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:32 pm

That's my understanding. You start big with every conceivable charge and then as the case plays out, those get narrowed down to the ones most likely to be winnable. I think Mayorga's lawyer knows they can't get CR7 on all of these. They only need to get him on on a few of these to consider it a win. It just depends on which ones they end up truly focusing on.

Also: It's important to remember that the stuff I wrote above (outside of the definitions) are my own thoughts and speculation.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:53 pm

Here’s a viewpoint that is entirely different from most expressed here in GL.

https://sports.vice.com/en_ca/article/a3pqab/ronaldo-is-an-icon-of-corruption-in-sports
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:46 pm

futbol_bill wrote:Here’s a viewpoint that is entirely different from most expressed here in GL.

https://sports.vice.com/en_ca/article/a3pqab/ronaldo-is-an-icon-of-corruption-in-sports

Maybe I'm missing something in that article, but I was under the impression that most people on here sided towards C.Ronaldo's guilt, as soon as the case was brought up. That article seems to reflect the opinions of Freeza, Nick and several people on here. It even mentions the Calciopoli scandal, which I personally think is uncalled for and not very relevant to this case, but it believe Nick alluded to that as well. The part about corruption in football is disturbing, but seems to be fairly common practice, from what I can tell.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:50 pm

Cant wait for Harmonica to read this bit Laughing

His height, his perfect body, his eerily upright posture—in a sport whose most beloved icons are often oddballs (Ronaldinho, Messi, Garrincha) Cristiano Ronaldo offers himself as a monument to masculine perfection. The presentation of Ronaldo as superhuman shrouds both the athlete’s wrongdoings and the rapacity of the corporate thieves running the game. Their sophisticated advertising works to create a troubling sense of intimacy and attachment between fans and their heroes. Those fans turn on survivors of sexual assault.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nivash Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:16 pm

McLewis wrote:
Breach of contract - Basically breaking an agreed upon written agreement between 2 parties, ususally done by 1 or the other. I would imagine if Mayorga is going after CR7 for this, there was something in that original agreement that he was obligated to either do or not do that he failed at. That's an odd one.

Negligence for allowing the details of the confidential agreement to come out - Pretty self-explanatory. This is probably not aimed at CR7 himself, but his legal team. Again, an odd one coming from the accuser as it's normally the accused's party that sues for something like this given it's they who offers terms to the accused after the rape takes place to keep the accuser quiet.

This is likely on the basis that the confidentiality agreement was a mutual one in that both parties wouldn't release any information otherwise than as set out in the agreement. Usually, you don't care if it's to your benefit, but insofar as she kept quiet and the information was released as a result of his/his team's negligence, he's in breach of the agreement, which would found those claims.

Insofar as he's breached the contract, it allows her to terminate (assumption, obviously not having actually read the contract), which would go to her getting more hush money. She could also try to make some sort of claim that the information released is to her detriment (as far out as it would be). Also clears her up from wrongdoing in terms of any claims that she breached the agreement.

There's also something of a tactical aspect of it to the extent of the existence of the agreement, and of its content (ie. what it's protecting). If they accept the agreement and its content, it screws him in terms of the criminal case, since a crime is a crime irrespective of the civil contractual silence.

Nivash
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Varnagel Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:05 am

There's literally a medical examination that corroborates she was assaulted and found damage near her anal area.... Just as she said she tried to roll into a ball and cover her privates but that didn't stop him as he just went for her anus instead.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/business/rape-allegations-against-real-madrid-star-ronaldo-it-has-to-be-less-a-1144878.html

http://www.spiegel.de/international/cristiano-ronaldo-kathryn-mayorga-the-woman-who-accuses-ronaldo-of-rape-a-1230634.html

Every piece of evidence Der Spiegel has published corroborates the same story.

- Medical report
- Signed statement by Ronaldo that proves his involvement
- The questionnaire with his lawyers.
- The police report immediately after the event etc.

The only one that wasn't a scanned document was the questionnaire and Der Spiegel is maybe the LEAST likely outlet in the world to straight up forge something like that. Even more damning when Ronaldo's lawyers refused to deny the story and the validity of the questionnaire, only saying "this investigation is personally damaging to Ronaldo and therefore is wrong".

Innocent until proven guilty in a court of law but let's be real he will NEVER actually get convicted of this. The truth of the matter isn't the same as the legal conviction, and the truth seems to be that he indeed did rape her. Wouldn't be surprised if there were more women out there too. It's always been clear he's a psychologically fucked human being in good ways and bad.

Last edited by Varnagel on Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Varnagel
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Varnagel Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:42 pm

Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread - Page 15 Z0s4gCx

Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread - Page 15 DtRY_HbXQAEjiFr

Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread - Page 15 DtRY_-IWoAISOIO

Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread - Page 15 DtRZAxlXQAA9kie

http://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/cristiano-ronaldo-new-documents-emerge-in-rape-allegations-a-1241349.html

Varnagel
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:31 am

He's a rapist out of his own admission. Don't see how anyone can side with him.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:52 am

That was.....whew....that was hard to read.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:02 am

Is there any new stuff in that though?

We saw those documents in the original article.

Looks like they're legit, if they're doubling down on their validity. Doubt Spiegel would post such damning evidence without checking with multiple sources.

That's a confession
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:55 am

Ywah I don't think there is anything new in there, just further confirmation
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:17 am

How do you know if it's true if there is no recording?
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:40 am

Because he’s an unlikeable asshole, and the majority on here will deem you a biased, rapist supporter if you remain neutral to the undoubtedly legit evidence against him hmm I want to see a RDR2- style hanging, to be honest. Just skip the legal process Proud
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:00 am

I'd say he's pretty likeable, millions of people like him, and he's not going to get locked up because he's wealthy. He'll find a way around all of this.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:04 am

Yeah, unfortunately I think he'll be getting away with this.

I'd settle for him not being allowed back on US soil again, but don't see that happening either.

He is well and truly above the law, it seems.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next