Great Leader Sprucenuce
Doc
neuro11
Beautiful Football
12 posters

Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo Empty Cristiano Ronaldo

Post by Beautiful Football Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:47 am

Despite he is being great player, I always thought he only plays for himself.I Strongly believe he doesn't give shit about his club if he doesn't score goals. Since his MU days i had always this feelings.
I have Never Ever seen him Played his heart out for his team. Or celebrating for his team mates Success with joy.He would rather celebrate him scoring five goals in deadwood match. Never ever seen such a selfish player in my life probably never will. If he wins CL ,its not for Madrid it was him getting Balond'or. Its very annoying.

One of the main reason some of Real Madrid fans doesn't like him.
What is your thoughts.

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo

Post by neuro11 Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:20 pm

My thought is you probably have overslept....you better get a :coffee: and keep yourself alive for our game vs M. City tonight

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:23 pm

My thoughts? I honestly think Hala cries himself to sleep wishing Di Maria is still here and Futbol probably has a Dani Alves jersey which he wears often.

On Cristiano, there is a thread already for him and I've seen way more self centered players with not even half the productivity.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:50 pm

My thoughts are this horse has got to be dead by now.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:08 pm

My thoughts are that we all know what he is like. It would be like talking about Arsenals constant League flops and R16 CL exits. Beating a dead horse like Mole said. He is not alone. Messi didn't celebrate Barcelona's title win when he was benched for the final game in 2011 because he wanted to stat pad for the pichichi. The idea that CR is the only selfish player is preposterous. They all are. Hell at his peak for United, RVN was worse. What we should hope for is that his goals are in line with Madrids.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:21 pm

Ibra is way more self-centered but his name is not Cristiano so he isn't nearly as hated. As Mourinho said it's hard to be Ronaldo. Harder then being Messi. Due to his self-centered bad-boy merita created image everything he does is analyzed in detail
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:28 pm

Valkyrja wrote:Ibra is way more self-centered but his name is not Cristiano so he isn't nearly as hated. As Mourinho said it's hard to be Ronaldo. Harder then being Messi. Due to his self-centered bad-boy merita created image everything he does is analyzed in detail

I think the problem here as well is that Barcelona fans have a problem with him because he is seen as Messi's rival. Noone really cares about Ibra because he is not rival to Messi. Noone ever talks about Messi sending a text to Pep saying that if he wasn't played centrally he won't play. They are all selfish, be it GS or wanting as many touches of the ball. People just need to stop caring tbh. He was like this at United (worse right before he left) and he is nowhere bad as he was in his first 5 seasons at Madrid.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:32 pm

Ibra gets away with it because he's a great personality, people relate to him even though he's arrogant as hell.

I don't agree he's self centered though, he's arrogant but not self centered.

Last edited by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:35 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Ibra gets away with it because he's a great personality, people relate to him even though he's arrogant as hell.

I'm not sure about that. I think the main reason is that CR is far more in the spotlight and is seen as a global superstar. CR has far harsher criticism and is in more spotlight. Zlatan is more arrogant than CR tbh. He says way more outlandish things, and does more outlandish things. He reminds me a bit of Cantona tbh, obviously not as good.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:37 pm

Doc wrote:My thoughts? I honestly think Hala cries himself to sleep wishing Di Maria is still here and Futbol probably has a Dani Alves jersey which he wears often.

reported

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:42 pm

So you don't think people relate to Ibra's ridiculous musings? Like the stuff about Chelsea having more tourists than fans Laughing He's a fantastic personality with loads of charisma.

That's the reason, nothing to do with being a global star and in the spotlight. People would feel the same about Ronaldo if he didn't keep himself to himself and shy away from the fans.

Ronaldo is a typical modern day footballer tbh, he couldn't be anymore separated from the fans if he tried same goes for Messi. Meanwhile Ibra's interaction through his personality and charisma make him more approachable and relatable despite his arrogance.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:02 pm

If I ever find the time, I shall look for one of the bazillion other CR7 threads to merge this to, but then, that would mean for me to have to spend precious time with stuff about CR7 which I could use for much more enjoyable stuff. *sighs*
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:05 pm

Let's hope Giggity doesn't see this thread. :coffee:
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:07 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:So you don't think people relate to Ibra's ridiculous musings? Like the stuff about Chelsea having more tourists than fans Laughing He's a fantastic personality with loads of charisma.

That's the reason, nothing to do with being a global star and in the spotlight. People would feel the same about Ronaldo if he didn't keep himself to himself and shy away from the fans.

Ronaldo is a typical modern day footballer tbh, he couldn't be anymore separated from the fans if he tried same goes for Messi. Meanwhile Ibra's interaction through his personality and charisma make him more approachable and relatable despite his arrogance.

They might do but a lot of hate towards CR seems to be more to do with jelousy tbh, from most people. You can always tell because these same clowns that have a limited understanding of the game just go 'he's an arrogant prick'. That's what it boils down to for most of these people tbh. Here on gl a lot of the Barcelona fans criticise him as a way to protect Messi and belittle CR. This is all just talk tbh, we know what he is like, everyone knows what he is like, beating a dead horse.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:09 pm

Well, as I'm neither a Barcelona/Messi nor a Real/CR7 fan, you can be assured my dislike isn't jealousy, but genuine :coffee:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:12 pm

the thing is that Ibra speaks his mind with no fear of what people would respond, and even though he mocks people, cities and clubs, he doesnt sound delusional and it's always done with a touch of humour. He has an incredible personality imo.

I agree with mole, the same isnt true with ROnaldo. He doesnt speak his mind anymore, he says nothing interesting, so there is no hindsight into who he really is. He only see the pouting. He used to speak a bit more when he was in england, but now, all you get is "Uuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhh!!!" when he wins the ballon dor. Even during sex i make better noises.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:18 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:the thing is that Ibra speaks his mind with no fear of what people would respond, and even though he mocks people, cities and clubs, he doesnt sound delusional and it's always done with a touch of humour. He has an incredible personality imo.

I agree with mole, the same isnt true with ROnaldo. He doesnt speak his mind anymore, he says nothing interesting, so there is no hindsight into who he really is. He only see the pouting. He used to speak a bit more when he was in england, but now, all you get is "Uuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhh!!!" when he wins the ballon dor. Even during sex i make better noises.

Either way, he has been like this for a long time. I don't get why people are still shocked. That is what baffles me the most.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:22 pm

ah well, it's a barca fan making a thread about ronaldo, what did you expect. We all know he is like that already. Besides, most of the stuff of late is still related to his break up with his girlfriend
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:26 pm

Pedram wrote:Let's hope Giggity doesn't see this thread. :coffee:

Not gonna bother replying. I mean, haven't we been at this topic for YEARS now?

We get it, Cr is this and that, get over it Laughing no one cares rofl

Last edited by FennecFox7 on Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:31 pm

Beautiful Football wrote:Despite he is being great player, I always thought he only plays for himself.I Strongly believe he doesn't give shit about his club if he doesn't score goals. Since his MU days i had always this feelings.
I have Never Ever seen him Played his heart out for his team. Or celebrating for his team mates Success with joy.He would rather celebrate him scoring five goals in deadwood match. Never ever seen such a selfish player in my life probably never will. If he wins CL ,its not for Madrid it was him getting Balond'or. Its very annoying.

One of the main reason some of Real Madrid fans doesn't like him.
What is your thoughts.

He's never been among my favourite players on the team, but I think you're being harsh, and reading your description of his behaviour and personality was like reading a summary of the negative theories and speculations about him that we've been reading and hearing about in the media over the past decade.

He's certainly not perfect. He's a hothead, he gets easily instigated into doing dumb things, and particularly in the past he's had a tendency to get frustrated and try to do everything by himself, completely neglecting his team mates in the process. Countless people, friends, coaches and team mates, have all talked about his professionalism off the field and during training, but it's very evident that he can be quite immature, and it takes very little for him to lose his composure.

So, yeah.. despite the media constantly trying to exaggerate and cause controversy around his actions, there's certainly no wonder why a lot of people dislike him. I do, however, think that a lot of the things he does is very exaggerated, and some of the criticism he receives is outright uncalled for.

I have, in fact, seen him celebrate someone else on the team scoring a goal, and I've seen it on several occasions since he arrived from Man United. However, I do think the criticism is fair, and he does it far less than your average player would. It's worth mentioning that he often does celebrate when team mates score significant goals, as opposed to relatively insignificant ones.

And that brings me to my point; many of the people who know him personally, have talked about his passion for football, and particularly an extraordinary passion for winning that he's possessed ever since he was a kid. It may not always be reflected in his general work rate, but I believe that a lot of the things that he gets criticized for is due to his winning mentality, and his self-professed obsession with perfecting his own game and being frustrated by him being incapable of living up to his own expectations. I believe he said this in an English-speaking interview where he's confronted about people perceiving him as arrogant. It's probably on Youtube, if anyone's interested in watching it.

So, to sum it up, there are a lot of things that he can be criticized for, but I think a lot of the exaggerations considering his arrogance is solely based on him being too caught up in himself, or the team, not performing well, or his failure to meet his own expectations. I could be wrong, but that's the impression I get based on what I know and have heard about him, and not just what I see.

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:45 pm

In other words - yes, he may care more about his own development than that of the team, but I don't think it's true that he only plays for himself, although his self-criticizing nature tends to make it seem that way. I personally don't think he was mad at Bale for "stealing" his goals, but rather his own inability to take advantage of his chances.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:37 pm

The thing is that everything he does is overlooked. Everyone is like 'look what Ronaldo' did at every gesture.

Regarding his personality, I agree that he is a bit awkard. IIRC he was some kind of a socially outcast as a kid. If he weren't a great footballer he would have probably been bullied throughout his life.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down