Cruijf
Socur Toxanarosa
Doc
Hapless_Hans
Valkyrja
58 posters

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread - Page 16 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread

Post by McLewis Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:04 am

Yeah, unfortunately I think he'll be getting away with this.

I'd settle for him not being allowed back on US soil again, but don't see that happening either.

He is well and truly above the law, it seems.

McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread - Page 16 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread

Post by Thimmy Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:04 am

Myesyats wrote:I'd say he's pretty likeable, millions of people like him, and he's not going to get locked up because he's wealthy. He'll find a way around all of this.

This is why we need Nick and Freeza to don the capes of Mr. Vigilante and his sidekick and ensure that justice prevails. There’s no other way around this.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:07 am

McLewis wrote:

Indeed!
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:15 am

McLewis wrote:

Not sure whether that is the conclusion we can draw from the Spiegel documents.
While surely these documents are 'legit', in that they are what Spiegel claim they are and are no fakes, it still seems highly questionable to me what kind of status they could have legally.

They are part of a documentation made by Ronaldo's lawyers, no?. Him talking to his lawyers, so surely they should be off limits for any court and part of attorny client confidentiality privilege, legally speaking.
Ironically, while this is the most honest documentation we could possibly get (due to their confidentiality and the fact Ronaldo's telling it to his lawyers), they can't, and shouldn't, be used as valid evidence in front of a court.

So just because that, due to being leaked, we now know quite alot about his potential guilt, doesn't mean convictions shouldn't adhere to basic legal principles.

I don't know what's the exact deal with why the police investigation didn't proceed, maybe there's still things to come legally and arguably there's moral justification to publish these documents (although I'm not 100% certain there..).

But I don't think the fact he's not in jail proves he's 'above the law'.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:28 am

I'm looking at the reality that it's unlikely that he's going to be indicted and convicted of this crime due to his wealth, status and power.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:37 am

McLewis wrote:I'm looking at the reality that it's unlikely that he's going to be indicted and convicted of this crime due to his wealth, status and power.

True.
At the same time, it's only because his status and fame that a paper like the Spiegel is interested in digging into the story, and allowed to publish it, in the first place.
Rape convictions are rare in general, and I keep reading about the absurdly giant backlog, thousands and thousands of cases, of rape kits in the US crumbling away in storage without ever being tested.
So I don't quite share the feeling that it's only because he's Ronaldo that he could get away with it.

Still, as from what I understand the woman was scared to proceed and testify because she was expecting to be crushed by his fame and power, you're right of course and that is why I think Spiegel is justified to publish the leaked documents.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:07 am

Totally. I'm fully behind them publishing this, of course. If he can't be tried in a court of law then the court of public opinion will have to be the next best thing.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:48 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
So I don't quite share the feeling that it's only because he's Ronaldo that he could get away with it.

btw, is this correct English? It sounds like it should be to me but I'm not too sure that's the way it's put in English.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:11 pm

I'm surprised some of you think he'll get off because he's wealthy and famous. Cosby is, too.

To me that account of the events sounds like she wasn't fiercely resisting him. Didn't scream. Did she try to get away? Hard to tell on that short account, but no mention of it. Sooooo, I can't help thinking about what the big boys once told me: sometimes women act like they don't want it when they actually do. But the thing is, that sort of stuff should only apply to regular partners who know for certain what's going on. If a stranger, a one-night-stand tells you to stop in any way whatsoever, even if it seems like a little role play, you should stop. There's no knowing, there's no trust.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:17 pm

Myesyats wrote:How do you know if it's true if there is no recording?
Because his own lawyers recorded him saying he went in without her permission, that she was saying no the entire time, that he bruised her. Like, what else do you want? How does he deserve the benefit of the doubt in this situation?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:35 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:

btw, is this correct English? It sounds like it should be to me but I'm not too sure that's the way it's put in English.
dont worry about it nobody cares. people only care about the way i type they dont give a fuck about how you type. Thumbs up
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by marottalad Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:50 am

The new Calciopoli... if you can't beat us on the field take us down off it Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up
marottalad
marottalad
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:25 am

This has nothing to with Juventus, unlike calciopolo where you were actual cheats and got caught and punished.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:04 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:

Under this context it looks right to me, there's probably multiple ways you could phrase the same point but there's nothing wrong with what you wrote.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:10 am

Thimmy wrote:
Myesyats wrote:I'd say he's pretty likeable, millions of people like him, and he's not going to get locked up because he's wealthy. He'll find a way around all of this.

This is why we need Nick and Freeza to don the capes of Mr. Vigilante and his sidekick and ensure that justice prevails. There’s no other way around this.

Again with this shit? What the hell is your problem and all these personal attacks each and every time any time this is mentioned. As I’ve mentioned earlier I haven’t passed judgment in Ronaldo. I’m only commenting on the well sourced article.

Stop including me in your posts, Breivik
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Varnagel Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:25 am

Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread - Page 16 IlBNaoF

https://twitter.com/derWinterbach/status/1068791785911140358

Varnagel
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:00 am

Freeza wrote:
Thimmy wrote:

Again with this shit? What the hell is your problem and all these personal attacks each and every time any time this is mentioned. As I’ve mentioned earlier I haven’t passed judgment in Ronaldo. I’m only commenting on the well sourced article.

Stop including me in your posts, Breivik

Personal attacks rofl Sorry, I'm so fat that I accidentally crossed your safe space.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:05 am

My personal space? Lol. I just find it absolutely unnecessary since I’ve never said anything about you.

And therefore I just don’t know what your fucking problem is Laughing

You’re so defensive you’re inventing things I’ve said to keep up a narrative.

If you’re ashamed about your own actions regarding the subject of rape, please don’t take it out on me.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:36 am

Interest in this story seems to have waned in recent weeks. Der Spiegel had to drum up interest in it again by releasing more dirt. Laughing
Is the Me Too movement having the opposite effect of what was intended? people are so jaded now that rape allegations aren't as ruinous as they would've been just last year. hmm Unless there is a conviction, this story will be buried soon.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:37 am

Yes, safe space. I don't care what your opinion is, you are without a doubt, more sensitive than the average person. You just referred to me as Breivik, a self-proclaimed nazi, who was an actual terrorist that killed and injured a lot of people. That reference doesn't offend me in the least. I see it as an anger-fueled, but harmless comment/retort on the internet that has no foundation in reality. I can only imagine how you'd react if the tables were turned Laughing
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:17 am

Thimmy wrote:Yes, safe space. I don't care what your opinion is, you are without a doubt, more sensitive than the average person. You just referred to me as Breivik, a self-proclaimed nazi, who was an actual terrorist that killed and injured a lot of people. That reference doesn't offend me in the least. I see it as an anger-fueled, but harmless comment/retort on the internet that has no foundation in reality. I can only imagine how you'd react if the tables were turned Laughing

So it has no foundation in reality. Just like whatever opinion you’ve somehow convinced yourself I’ve got.

I’m sensitive in the way that I don’t see why you have to be an absolute dick towards me. You never want to give me an answer for it. In turns it makes me say dickies things like I did. It’s not about safe spaces, but about treating each other with some level of respect.

Something that went out the window really when Dani and RO stopped being active.

No matter what you seem to think, words on the internet actually does matter. Especially when people on here has invested so much time on here.

I don’t see why we have to set such a bad standard for the communication on here. Guess I’ve partly at fault for that, but I’ve tried not to, after I wanted my account deleted from here and RG refused the request and said I shouldn’t respond to people calling me out.

I just don’t see how your comments about me in this thread is constructive in any way. You don’t even offer any quotes or anything. I’ve obviously said something you’ve taken to heart since you’ve referenced it more than a handful of times. So I’m not the only one who has been sensitive in this whole ordeal.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:56 am

I wasn't aware that people had been "calling you out", unless you're referring solely to me. Yes, I can't be bothered to quote all of the times your posts have indicated that you're inclined to side with women and take a particular stance in cases like these, or your tendency to become emotionally invested in matters like these and resort to virtue signalling to get your point across.

I remember you making a really dry joke about a conservative word I used in a post, a few years ago, and I didn't make anything out of it. You only seem to deem such behaviour okay when it suits you. That's the type of stuff you seem to blow out of proportion as a personal attack, these days. It seems to me that something has changed in your perspective on life, since then. I haven't seen you quote those sensationally many times I've supposedly called you out either, but I'll stop adding fuel to the fire.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:05 pm

farfan wrote:Interest in this story seems to have waned in recent weeks. Der Spiegel had to drum up interest in it again by releasing more dirt. Laughing
Is the Me Too movement having the opposite effect of what was intended? people are so jaded now that rape allegations aren't as ruinous as they would've been just last year. hmm Unless there is a conviction, this story will be buried soon.

Legally speaking, unless there is a conviction then of course that’s the case. It’s not for us to decide, it never was.

As sensational as this story is, it’s not one for us to decide or one that is decided quickly. There’s ambiguity. There are two sides both thinking they’re in the right here, which is what the courts are for

Last edited by Luca on Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:14 pm

Thimmy wrote:I wasn't aware that people had been "calling you out", unless you're referring solely to me. Yes, I can't be bothered to quote all of the times your posts have indicated that you're inclined to side with women and take a particular stance in cases like these, or your tendency to become emotionally invested in matters like these and resort to virtue signalling to get your point across.

I remember you making a really dry joke about a conservative word I used in a post, a few years ago, and I didn't make anything out of it. You only seem to deem such behaviour okay when it suits you. That's the type of stuff you seem to blow out of proportion as a personal attack, these days. It seems to me that something has changed in your perspective on life, since then. I haven't seen you quote those sensationally many times I've supposedly called you out either, but I'll stop adding fuel to the fire.

Dude, just let it go. He loves to be victimized, don't give him any bullets and just move on, Breivik.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:16 pm

It wasn’t mainly you. This was a matter between me and another user that’s been handled privately through a hostage negotiator (RealGovernator).

I don’t really remember anything about a conservative word.

And of course some things change. When you’ve got people close to you who confesses how they’ve been raped and no one believed them when they reported, it’s hard not to get involved emotional in any capacity. And I’m not one to not admit when I’ve been at fault, I’ve admitted when I’ve done wrong multiple times through the years.

As examples go here’s one:

http://www.goallegacy.net/t41420p825-sticky-the-decidedly-unofficial-talk-about-whatever-thread#1909092

Another one:
http://www.goallegacy.net/t41704p375-cristiano-ronaldo-rape-allegation-and-general-denunciation-thread#1915070

Another one:

http://www.goallegacy.net/t41704p50-cristiano-ronaldo-rape-allegation-and-general-denunciation-thread#1900907

All these happened without me having ever mentioned you, and I’ve asked a lot of times what you’re trying to accomplish with it without getting an answer. I’d understand it if we had some kind of banter going through the years, but I can hardly remember us ever interacting.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:22 pm

Freeza wrote:
http://www.goallegacy.net/t41704p50-cristiano-ronaldo-rape-allegation-and-general-denunciation-thread#1900907

I actually wrote that with the "conservative word joke" in mind. Honestly, though, it's when you make a big deal out of me mentioning your name, that it becomes tempting to mention your name. I'll stop doing it, for the sake of peace.

Nick has yet to reply to any of those posts, but I see he's working hard on thumbing up yours hmm
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next