halamadrid2
Hapless_Hans
The Demon of Carthage
Doc
Mr Nick09
34 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 23 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by Turok_TTZ Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:58 am

ive always rated kovacic. if he really is going on loan, maybe we do need a backup. at the same time, would like to see our other mids given a chance at least.

Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 23 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:29 am

Oh, I completely agree with you- having a player of Kova's quality on the bench, without hearing weekly rumblings has been a huge asset.

Me personally, I think we should replace him if he goes, but I can understand the club willing to rely on Llorente, and maybe as a 4th/5th option Fede.

Plus who would be a quality player willing to be rotational behind Kroos, Modric, and Casemiro? If a player like Thiago is willing to try to fight his way in, then I am okay with more competition, I'm just not sure that would happen.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:46 am

Vallejo out for several weeks, what a waste man, man is never fit.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:12 am

It seems pretty apparent after last night’s game,  club is not good enough yet. This of course is a result of 2nd half. 1st half, mostly starters was actually very good.

Positives are

Reguilon looks like he has made it to 1st team
Ceballos is looking very good
Llorente is looking good, much better than last year
Bale looking good

Problems are

CBs - with the no show of Vallejo, looks like he will be out a month, team has only 3 CBs and that is a major problem. This Sanchez kid is definitely not the answer.

MF - we need a replacement for Kovacic and we await confirmation on Modric. It is being said that Thiago is anxiously watching, wanting to come to Madrid. I wonder if he would come though if Modric stays. I hope so, but two big questions, will be be willing to compete with Kroos and Modric (I feel either way Casemiro is going to spend a fair amount of time on bench this season) and secondly, will Bayern let him go?

CF - well they say Benzema has played well, but he hasn’t stood out as he should and there is the lack of goals. Not to mention the hopelessness of the current auditions for backup from Mayoral and de Tomas. We desperately need someone.

That is effectively what we need in next couple of weeks, 3 signings outside of the deals already in progress (Courtois, and Theo)

Also, it sure looks like Odegaard will be going out on loan again and Vinicius will be with Castilla (even possibly with Juventile, as they have listed him there) getting some call ups to 1st team.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:39 pm

welcome thibu, look at that vid. between his legs everytime. Not a believer yet

Kova to chelsea loan to with buy option too done dealio
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:07 pm

guest7 wrote:

welcome thibu, look at that vid. between his legs everytime. Not a believer yet

Kova to chelsea loan to with buy option too done dealio

It goes between his legs once
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:12 pm

watch the full video before you speak lol
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:14 pm

guest7 wrote:watch the full video before you speak lol

I did
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:15 pm

If Vallejo getting hurt means we bring in a competent CB, it could actually be a blessing.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:19 pm

Freeza wrote:
guest7 wrote:watch the full video before you speak lol

I did

here ya go, with better quality because the other one was so bad it wasn't clear if it was a nutmeg

that's 3 nutmegs

Messi has scored 9 goals vs Courtois btw
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:09 pm

Definitely seemed like Lopetegui was disappointed and felt let down by the club re Kovacic, in his mind he might have been the third most important midfielder we had. I think this implicitly indicates he's not all that confident on Llorente and young Valverde, whether the club will actually go for someone in the market i still am skeptical about. Every day it seems more likely that putting too much hopes that youth will be sufficient cover for us will bite us back.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:18 pm

If Kova has to go on loan would anyone take Bakayoko in exchange?

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:20 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:If Kova has to go on loan would anyone take Bakayoko in exchange?

Rather play Llorente or Fede. No need to take someone not good enough for Chelsea.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:57 pm

Bakayoko lmao complete fraud of a player, hell no
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:15 pm

Just no to bakayoko... he's a very very very low IQ player.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:30 pm

I wouldn't even take up Baka to make up the numbers.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:45 pm

It would be nice if we were talking about a striker... any striker. I'm a little depressed about us not getting another striker. I actually wanted 2; but 1 will do now lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:51 pm

Meh the club is happy with Benz and Benz v2.0. FML
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:40 pm

If Lopetegui is fine with our forwards then it is fine.

we just lost kovacic to a season-long loan to Chelsea.
Lopetegui mentions we're going to sign a midfielder if this happens I wonder who's going to be.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:46 pm

Lol I figured re: Baka. Supposedly the story is if they are able to get Kova on loan, they will look to offload Bakayoko.

It's a shame really, he was decent with Monaco, but flopped hard with Chelsea. He is only 23, so I wouldn't necessarily write him off yet, but in Lopetegui's system he would inevitably fail. Under ZZ, he might have had success in a limiting role like he did at the start with Casemiro, but under Lope he will be required to be a lot more expansive.

My worry with losing Kova is that the options available are not good. Thiago for the quoted 50m is okay, but that is a lot to spend on an injury prone 27 y/o. Also, now that Bayern sold Vidal, they will certainly hold tighter to Thiago. SMS is overrated and too expensive. Pjanic has been mentioned, but he would also be too expensive, doubt Juve would sell, and he would expect to start right away, no?

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:49 pm

I'm very curious to see who we are gonna sign to replace kova

Thiago would be overkill but would be a welcome option
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:11 pm

How about this for a stop-gap midfielder to fill the numbers: Cesc.

He has 1 year left on his contract, would not need to start obviously at RM, Spanish, not needed by Chelsea..

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:21 pm

let me see, 31, defensive liability, completely off the map for his NT, it's a nice idea but i dont know if he helps us.

This is how i think about this situation: CL game, my starters are injured, i need a player off the bench with confidence and huge technical ability to step up, as well as being a very good athlete, be an effective defender and play.

Cesc isn't that
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:30 pm

Who is? lol.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:35 pm

Kovacic

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:38 pm

He's gone because he didn't want to sit on the bench, which is the exact situation we would be signing a player for.

Next?

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next