Nishankly
Firenze
Tomwin Lannister
BarrileteCosmico
Unique
39 posters

Page 14 of 35 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 24 ... 35  Next

Go down

Brexit: Should the UK stay or go? - Page 14 Empty Re: Brexit: Should the UK stay or go?

Post by Art Morte Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:10 pm

UK politics are just wild.

Labour MPs have been warned by their party not to accept money for their constituencies in return for supporting Theresa May's Brexit deal.

Labour chairman Ian Lavery said "taking such a bribe would be fool's gold" given the Tories' record on austerity.

John Mann has urged the PM to "show us the money" with "transformative investment" in areas that voted Leave.

But the Labour MP, who backed Theresa May's Brexit deal, denied it amounted to "transactional politics".

So, it was 1 billion pounds for the DUP to form government with the tories. How about 20 million for each Labour vote towards May's deal? What a system.

Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Brexit: Should the UK stay or go? - Page 14 Empty Re: Brexit: Should the UK stay or go?

Post by Unique Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:23 pm

norway and the swiss do fine without the EU im sure britain wont starve to death.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:38 pm

Art Morte wrote:UK politics are just wild.

Labour MPs have been warned by their party not to accept money for their constituencies in return for supporting Theresa May's Brexit deal.

Labour chairman Ian Lavery said "taking such a bribe would be fool's gold" given the Tories' record on austerity.

John Mann has urged the PM to "show us the money" with "transformative investment" in areas that voted Leave.

But the Labour MP, who backed Theresa May's Brexit deal, denied it amounted to "transactional politics".

So, it was 1 billion pounds for the DUP to form government with the tories. How about 20 million for each Labour vote towards May's deal? What a system.

Where does this money even come from? Non voting districts?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:39 pm

Unique wrote:norway and the swiss do fine without the EU im sure britain wont starve to death.

Yeah you probably won't though that's a pretty low bar. Starve to death I mean, not Switzerland or Norway.

Anyway, we're debating here ultimately for your sake. We think it's not going to be good for you, and we like you. I love England and I'm sad it will now be more separated, and peoples' lives be affected in a negative way.

But you can't keep someone from leaving if they want to. If they think they need their independence and sovereignty back, and the EU is what's been taking it away, it's their good right to go solo.
Everything that's going on is ultimatively Britain's problem.
They wanted to leave, now the EU negotiated the terms with them, they can decide whether they take them or take no deal.
You made your bed now go fucking lie in it.

The rest of us can then observe whether it was a good decision.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:42 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Unique wrote:norway and the swiss do fine without the EU im sure britain wont starve to death.

Yeah you probably won't though that's a pretty low bar. Starve to death I mean, not Switzerland or Norway.

Anyway, we're debating here ultimately for your sake. We think it's not going to be good for you, and we like you. I love England and I'm sad it will now be more separated, and peoples' lives be affected in a negative way.

But you can't keep someone from leaving if they want to. If they think they need their independence and sovereignty back, and the EU is what's been taking it away, it's their good right to go solo.
They wanted to leave, now the EU negotiated the terms with them, they can decide whether they take them or take no deal.

no you dont. nobody does but thats ok. if i wanted people to like me i would tell them what they wanted to hear. cheers
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:19 pm

Unique wrote:
rincon wrote:
Unique wrote:
99% of them voted to stay under British rule.

Then give them citizenship. Why the hell are they not allowed to vote for UK policies but are ruled by them? That's a called a colony. 96% also voted to stay in the EU, but their votes are irrelevant for it.
i thought you just said they dont get to vote for UK politics.

Yes exactly, they dont. So they get to be ruled by people who they dont vote for, and get to be dragged out of the EU when they dont want to because... well, because they are a colony of the UK.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:28 pm

rincon wrote:
Unique wrote:
rincon wrote:

Then give them citizenship. Why the hell are they not allowed to vote for UK policies but are ruled by them? That's a called a colony. 96% also voted to stay in the EU, but their votes are irrelevant for it.
i thought you just said they dont get to vote for UK politics.

Yes exactly, they dont. So they get to be ruled by people who they dont vote for, and get to be dragged out of the EU when they dont want to because... well, because they are a colony of the UK.
well they had the choice to be ruled by spain and refused it. had they voted to be ruled by spain they would still be in the EU. so in a roundabout way they did vote to leave. eco smile
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:33 pm

Again, you are speaking about ruling people. They dont want to be ruled by Spain just as they would love not to be ruled by the UK. The UK could always give them full rights if they aren't comfortable with being called colonists, otherwise it's just hypocritical to be offended at being called that.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:45 pm

Unique wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:

no you dont. nobody does but thats ok. if i wanted people to like me i would tell them what they wanted to hear. cheers

No, we like you a lot. I'm a massive brittophile myself. Football, comedy, dogging, whisky, way of life, you name it. That's what makes this so sad. You think leaving the EU is going to make the UK a better place, bring about so much positive change. It won't.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:52 pm

rincon wrote:Again, you are speaking about ruling people. They dont want to be ruled by Spain just as they would love not to be ruled by the UK. The UK could always give them full rights if they aren't comfortable with being called colonists, otherwise it's just hypocritical to be offended at being called that.
they dont seen to kick up a stink about being part of the commonwealth. close to every person voted to stay in the commonwealth so it dont look like much of a debate there.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:53 pm

Art Morte wrote:
Unique wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:

No, we like you a lot. I'm a massive brittophile myself. Football, comedy, dogging, whisky, way of life, you name it. That's what makes this so sad. You think leaving the EU is going to make the UK a better place, bring about so much positive change. It won't.
im not talking about britain im talking about me Laughing Laughing and you can still come and visit us after we leave the EU. it just means you have to go home after Very Happy
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:41 am

BTW the reason that Gibraltar is called a colony by EU law is that in 2017 Gibraltar argued in the courts that since it belonged to the UN Decolonisation list it should be treated differently than the UK when it came to EU laws. This is a list where the colonizing countries have to report on their colonies and efforts to decolonize them. So clearly the natives of Gibraltar consider themselves to be a colony and have used this to their advantage before.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:45 am

tbh it surprises how many people from all over the world show a great interest in this.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:48 am

When one of the world's former great powers shoots itself in the foot people take notice. There is also a decent amount of schadenfreude. Although personally it affects me as my UK passport won't be worth as much after this.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:50 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:When one of the world's former great powers shoots itself in the foot people take notice. There is also a decent amount of schadenfreude. Although personally it affects me as my UK passport won't be worth as much after this.
your passport will be fine. Wink
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:52 am

Yeah because I still got the Italian one Very Happy
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:07 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Yeah because I still got the Italian one Very Happy
are all these passports real or what Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:17 am

Yeah they're real. When you're born in a developing country getting citizenship for a country of your ancestry can open a lot of doors. I wouldn't be shocked if 1/3 of argentina has dual nationalities.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:36 am

Love seeing Unique wipe the floor with these lefties with his strong and stable arguments.

Keep it up Thumbs up

Can't wait till we are out of EU and take back control.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:46 am

RealGunner wrote:Love seeing Unique wipe the floor with these lefties with his strong and stable arguments.

Keep it up Thumbs up

Can't wait till we are out of EU and take back control.
well you could always move belgium if your hell bent on brussels having control
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:09 am

Fabian Picardo, chief minister of Gibraltar, accused Spain of having a dated mindset.

"It's unnecessarily provocative and it's pejorative to describe the relationship between Gibraltar and the United Kingdom as being 'colonial'," he told Sky News.

"In fact, it's a relationship which is now modern. It's mature. It's one borne from partnership and the reality is that Spain I think is still in the mentality of the 1950s and 60s - but we're not.

"The people of Gibraltar are full British citizens and we feel very much a full part of the British family of nations."

that settles it then. all a big happy family cheers
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:01 am

"50s or 60s mentality"

The UK considered Gibraltar a crown jewel colony until 2002 Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:23 pm

Tusk's little jibe today - "special place in hell for Brexiteers that never had a plan" - was quite enjoyable, although not the smartest thing to say, given that it was always going to just anger Brexiteers.

Theresa May in Brussels tomorrow... A lot has been said of her as Prime Minister, but if she can get this "let's forget about the backstop" stuff to fly in there she should go down as the greatest British PM ever.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:27 pm

GTFO already.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:34 pm

futbol wrote:GTFO already.

They taking long aren't they.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:56 pm

GTFO already!
I am all for a no deal brexit. Politicians with no plans, electorate with no plans, they just want out, then they "should take their sovereignity back". No one in EU wants them.

Norway and Swiss abide by all 4 rules, pay their dues for the access to the single market and don't have any say in political matters. UK wants all the benefits without paying into the pot and by having a vote in political matters.
GTFO!
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 35 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 24 ... 35  Next