Brexit: Should the UK stay or go?

Page 13 of 28 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 20 ... 28  Next

Go down

Brexit: Should the UK stay or go? - Page 13 Empty Re: Brexit: Should the UK stay or go?

Post by Art Morte on Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:42 am

EU would have to accept and the UK would need to provide some valid reasons. But if the UK said something like "we need time to arrange a 2nd referendum" I think the EU would accept. Doesn't look like the UK is going to ask postponement just to negotiate more.

Of course you cannot trust online comments, but what's interesting is that on every BBC article on Brexit where comments are just available, it's pro no-deal comments that consistently get the most upvotes. I get that on sites like the Daily Mail that is the case, but the BBC is as neutral as it gets in the UK.

Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Brexit: Should the UK stay or go? - Page 13 Empty Re: Brexit: Should the UK stay or go?

Post by Hapless_Hans on Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:47 am

Isn't no deal happening if nothing else is decided or delayed?

Whether they vote against it or not

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon on Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:51 am

No deal would be a ridiculous disaster by the UK
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:55 am

@Art Morte wrote:EU would have to accept and the UK would need to provide some valid reasons. But if the UK said something like "we need time to arrange a 2nd referendum" I think the EU would accept. Doesn't look like the UK is going to ask postponement just to negotiate more.

Of course you cannot trust online comments, but what's interesting is that on every BBC article on Brexit where comments are just available, it's pro no-deal comments that consistently get the most upvotes. I get that on sites like the Daily Mail that is the case, but the BBC is as neutral as it gets in the UK.

The BBC might be neutral, but people who comment under news websites are not.

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:43 am

@Hapless_Hans wrote:
@Art Morte wrote:EU would have to accept and the UK would need to provide some valid reasons. But if the UK said something like "we need time to arrange a 2nd referendum" I think the EU would accept. Doesn't look like the UK is going to ask postponement just to negotiate more.

The BBC might be neutral, but people who comment under news websites are not.

rofl rofl rofl rofl

BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli on Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:08 am

@Unique wrote: rofl rofl rofl rofl

Yes, I guess someone like you might be offended that reality has a left-wing bias...

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:11 am

@VivaStPauli wrote:
@Unique wrote: rofl rofl rofl rofl

Yes, I guess someone like you might be offended that reality has a left-wing bias...
the funny thing is the BBC are neutral. rofl rofl rofl the fact that left wing guys like you are happy to give up your identity and country to anyone from from any shit hole in the world is sad. Crying or Very sad

BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc on Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:59 am

Well, after you guys pillaged said countries into shit holes, for the very least, they should return the favour. Brown people have dreams too you know.

People of Eternia! I stand before the Great Eye of the galaxy. Chosen by destiny to receive the powers of Greyskull! This inevitable moment will transpire before your eyes, even as He-Man himself bears witness to it. Now. I, Skeletor, am Master of the Universe!
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:16 pm

@Doc wrote:Well, after you guys pillaged said countries into shit holes, for the very least, they should return the favour. Brown people have dreams too you know.
we didnt pillage anyone into a shit hole. religion pillaged these people into a shit hole. but anyone that has a dream has to give up on religion. its impossible to have a dream when a idioligy is doing the thinking for you and that goes for every colour in the world.

BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:58 pm

Wtf are you taking about. The British empire committed genocide multiple times, regardless of their religion

Admin
Admin

Club Supported : River Plate

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:47 pm

@BarrileteCosmico wrote:Wtf are you taking about. The British empire committed genocide multiple times, regardless of their religion
when and where.

BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:04 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genocide_of_indigenous_peoples#British_Empire

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:44 am

And there’s me thinking we were talking about the here and now with brexit and the bias BBC.

BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli on Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:46 pm

@Unique wrote:And there’s me thinking we were talking about the here and now with brexit and the bias BBC.

You obviously weren't.
And now obviously are trying to safe face.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:03 pm

@VivaStPauli wrote:
@Unique wrote:And there’s me thinking we were talking about the here and now with brexit and the bias BBC.

You obviously weren't.
And now obviously are trying to safe face.
tbh I thought he was gonna say some shit like the Iraq war or something. And I don’t try to save face to anyone about anything. Doing that would imply that I would turn coat on things I believe just to say things that people like you want to hear. I would rarther die than do that. We just have different opinions on things. I think the people of my country should come first. You don’t give a shit about your people and country. That’s if the country you are living in is actually your own country.

BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:04 pm

Downing Street has said it is "completely unacceptable" to describe Gibraltar as a "colony", after the term was used in an EU document.

On Friday, EU ambassadors agreed to allow UK citizens visa-free travel to the continent - even after a no-deal Brexit.

But the proposal prompted a fresh row over "The Rock" a dispute developed after Gibraltar was referred to as "a colony of the British Crown" in the same EU document.

Reportedly inserted at the request of Spain,

bit petty from the spanish tbh. they act like a child thats just had its sweets taken away Laughing

BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon on Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:31 pm

I mean it is a colony of the UK. The UK controls them and they can't vote for UK politics. Either give them full rights or set them free, otherwise it's a colony.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte on Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:43 pm

Of course it's a colony, that rock is a stone's throw away from Spain and hundreds of kilometres from Britain. If Spain owned Isle of Man the UK would be saying that that's a colony.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:50 pm

Alternative title: "EU agrees with member state that piece of land in continental Europe claimed by non-member state is a colony"

How could they have done any other way?

I wonder what the UK would do if Spain invades Gibraltar on May 30th, not that it would ever happen

In other news, the Swedish anti-EU party has changed it's stance from "we want to leave the EU" to "we want to reform the EU", and apparently the same thing has happened in many other countries. This could be because as these parties become more popular they need to shift to the center to attract more voters or because Brexit is such a damning example no one could want the same for their own.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:06 am

@BarrileteCosmico wrote:Alternative title: "EU agrees with member state that piece of land in continental Europe claimed by non-member state is a colony"

How could they have done any other way?

I wonder what the UK would do if Spain invades Gibraltar on May 30th, not that it would ever happen

In other news, the Swedish anti-EU party has changed it's stance from "we want to leave the EU" to "we want to reform the EU", and apparently the same thing has happened in many other countries. This could be because as these parties become more popular they need to shift to the center to attract more voters or because Brexit is such a damning example no one could want the same for their own.
the uk would do what they always do when people invade islands that belong to them.

BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:07 am

@rincon wrote:I mean it is a colony of the UK. The UK controls them and they can't vote for UK politics. Either give them full rights or set them free, otherwise it's a colony.
99% of them voted to stay under British rule.

BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon on Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:12 am

@Unique wrote:
@rincon wrote:I mean it is a colony of the UK. The UK controls them and they can't vote for UK politics. Either give them full rights or set them free, otherwise it's a colony.

Then give them citizenship. Why the hell are they not allowed to vote for UK policies but are ruled by them? That's a called a colony. 96% also voted to stay in the EU, but their votes are irrelevant for it.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc on Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:07 am

Gibraltar is part of the, um, British Overseas Territory. A pretty clever way to not say colony, sure it has some legal connotations attached to it too. Also, this...

Brexit: Should the UK stay or go? - Page 13 DyUeUY_X0AAJhba

Doesn't really help with the mess that is Brexit but it's a lovely distraction from the economic anxiety that is happening.

People of Eternia! I stand before the Great Eye of the galaxy. Chosen by destiny to receive the powers of Greyskull! This inevitable moment will transpire before your eyes, even as He-Man himself bears witness to it. Now. I, Skeletor, am Master of the Universe!
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:09 am

@rincon wrote:
@Unique wrote:

Then give them citizenship. Why the hell are they not allowed to vote for UK policies but are ruled by them? That's a called a colony. 96% also voted to stay in the EU, but their votes are irrelevant for it.
i thought you just said they dont get to vote for UK politics.

BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte on Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:47 am

Unique wins yet another Brexit debate. No deal it is, then.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte on Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:10 am

UK politics are just wild.

Labour MPs have been warned by their party not to accept money for their constituencies in return for supporting Theresa May's Brexit deal.

Labour chairman Ian Lavery said "taking such a bribe would be fool's gold" given the Tories' record on austerity.

John Mann has urged the PM to "show us the money" with "transformative investment" in areas that voted Leave.

But the Labour MP, who backed Theresa May's Brexit deal, denied it amounted to "transactional politics".

So, it was 1 billion pounds for the DUP to form government with the tories. How about 20 million for each Labour vote towards May's deal? What a system.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 28 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 20 ... 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum