BarcaLearning
Hapless_Hans
Nishankly
Jay29
55 posters

Page 7 of 23 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15 ... 23  Next

Go down

Who will reach the final?

WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia - Page 7 Vote_lcap46%WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia - Page 7 Vote_rcap 46% 
[ 11 ]
WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia - Page 7 Vote_lcap54%WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia - Page 7 Vote_rcap 54% 
[ 13 ]

Total Votes : 24

WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia - Page 7 Empty Re: WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:39 pm

Nishankly wrote:Agree with Urban, it's usual on GL. Liverpool faces this every season under Klopp when we do well, us fans make some noise on GS and most people jump to put you down.

It is because England, once a large footballing nation with vocal fans has been a small team which is again now finally doing well and big boys can't fathom it.

People were doing that before we made any noises though lol.

Hell except some football coming home jokes we still haven't really.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia - Page 7 Empty Re: WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia

Post by S Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:44 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Well that's not true at all lol.

Most people considered Colombia the favourite (inb4 poll) and this thread definitely considers Croatia the favourite.

Not saying they are wrong but we definitely haven't been the favourites.

You are still going on about this ffs Laughing
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:47 pm

Read the thread back and tell me I'm wrong lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:49 pm

At the end everyone must support for football to come home for the greatest ultimate battle IMO
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:55 pm

I find myself at the mercy of this movement. I try to fight it each day but there are days when I just stop eating or drinking and look out of the window, reminding myself I am at home and something could be coming.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:57 pm

Babun wrote:The EPL allstars team lost to France. I don't think the normal EPL team = England has got any chance vs. France in the final. Even Croatia are huge underdogs but they have the means to open up France at some point.

Idi Hrvatski!

France are favourites regardless but I disagree tbh.

From what I've seen France don't have an issue with stifling individual talents, they have a much bigger issue with dealing with crosses into the box and set pieces.

Which of course we do way better than Croatia.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:58 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Read the thread back and tell me I'm wrong lol.

I agree some want you to fail. It's clear from the tone of their posts. But anyone who aint biased know this is an even game that could go either way. Croatia have shown nothing out of the ordinary that would blow you away. Neither have England lucked out their way this far. Both deserve to be in the semis.

I think we need to make a distinction of expecting a team to fail and wanting a team to fail and clearly it's the latter judging by some posts here.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:02 pm

Welllll also I wouldn't mind a Croatia win because they are closer to GLASIA on the map :coffee:
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:02 pm

tbf the reason most people hate england is because 80% of them have probably been colonised by us at some point in time. most people have no love for the boss man.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:11 pm

And yet it's the rest 20% on GL hating you hmm
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:11 pm

Unique wrote:tbf the reason most people hate england is because 80% of them have probably been colonised by us at some point in time. most people have no love for the boss man.

You pulled that 80% percentage from a place in your body that rarely ever sees the light of day, didn't you?
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by elfmeter Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:01 pm

Unique wrote:tbf the reason most people hate england is because 80% of them have probably been colonised by us at some point in time. most people have no love for the boss man.

And yet it is that 80 percent that are banging the drum the loudest for the Football is coming home, England is the greatest team ever brigade.
The rest of us normals, just cant understand how a team that can only score on corners, cant string three passes together and has Kieran Trippier as its most skilled player is going to win the World Cup????

Good luck to you lads.
elfmeter
elfmeter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:09 pm

Lol if singing footballs coming home for a laugh makes us horrible human beings then so be it.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by elfmeter Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:11 pm

I personally just want a 7-1 scoreline, dont care who wins or loses. I miss the days of when semi finals would end 7-1. It was a more innocent times, I was young and free, the world did not have tyrannical leaders, Europe was forming a nice coalition, everyone wanted to join in it, ahh those were the days, beer and booze were a lot cheaper too. It is all health food and weird shit now, you cant even find beer anymore.
elfmeter
elfmeter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:40 pm

What a day. Huge
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:07 pm

Wouldn't mind who wins this. Been falling all over in love with Modric this tournament, and I wouldn't mind singing along 'It's coming home!' for a few more days. I think Croatia would put up more of a fight against France though, but who knows.

Just hoping for an entertaining game, last night's game was a bit of a bore.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:03 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Babun wrote:The EPL allstars team lost to France. I don't think the normal EPL team = England has got any chance vs. France in the final. Even Croatia are huge underdogs but they have the means to open up France at some point.

Idi Hrvatski!

France are favourites regardless but I disagree tbh.

From what I've seen France don't have an issue with stifling individual talents, they have a much bigger issue with dealing with crosses into the box and set pieces.

Which of course we do way better than Croatia.

France can make it so England hardly crosses the midline the whole game. They have the players for that (Varane, Umtiti, Pogba). There won't be any crossing in the first place. With Croatia, they will be forced to play the way they were until now. Croations scored some from set pieces, too.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:17 pm

elfmeter wrote:

And yet it is that 80 percent that are banging the drum the loudest for the Football is coming home, England is the greatest team ever brigade.
The rest of us normals, just cant understand how a team that can only score on corners, cant string three passes together and has Kieran Trippier as its most skilled player is going to win the World Cup????

Good luck to you lads.
i can feel the hate coming right out of my screen reading that. Proud
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by terrance511 Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:19 pm

hope croatia do world a favor preventing thousand of unique celebrating and spouting whatever he been shitting
terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:21 pm

I don't think that the older Croatia team can recover enough from two PK shootout games... England to win this one.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:23 pm

terrance511 wrote:hope croatia do world a favor preventing thousand of unique celebrating and spouting whatever he been shitting
and in what year did the mighty brits colonise you cheers
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:24 pm

I'm friends with a few guys from former colonies and they're all rooting for England. The Stockholm syndrome runs deep.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:25 pm

sportsczy wrote:I don't think that the older Croatia team can recover enough from two PK shootout games...  England to win this one.

The reason I give both teams 50/50 chances. Under normal circumstances, Croatia would have been favourites. Last game, half of their players had cramps during the extended time.
BarrileteCosmico wrote:

I'm friends with a few guys from former colonies and they're all rooting for England. The Stockholm syndrome runs deep.

I can't shake off the feeling he/she is tormented by complexes and unhealthy narcissism (unique). I'd say he/she is with 90% probability from an ex Brit colony :coffee:

Last edited by Babun on Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:30 pm; edited 4 times in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:25 pm

sportsczy wrote:I don't think that the older Croatia team can recover enough from two PK shootout games... England to win this one.

I maybe underestimating the impact but surely the near week off is enough to recover no? I don't think that impacts the game too much.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:25 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:

Laughing Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:44 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
sportsczy wrote:I don't think that the older Croatia team can recover enough from two PK shootout games... England to win this one.

I maybe underestimating the impact but surely the near week off is enough to recover no? I don't think that impacts the game too much.

They played Sat so thats been three days rest before todays game? Not a lot at all and hopefully its enough for a fair contest. Hopefully not another cautious game where one tries to score a goal and protect it, or even just wait for ET and pens, although its common in these stages...

Gonna be interesting to watch where Croatia should be better in midfield but overall England should be better in attack, cant wait Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 23 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15 ... 23  Next