BarcaLearning
Hapless_Hans
Nishankly
Jay29
55 posters

Page 1 of 23 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next

Go down

Who will reach the final?

WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia Vote_lcap46%WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia Vote_rcap 46% 
[ 11 ]
WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia Vote_lcap54%WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia Vote_rcap 54% 
[ 13 ]

Total Votes : 24

WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia Empty WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia

Post by Jay29 Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:53 pm

England are playing their first World Cup semi-final since 1990, having exceeded all expectations.

Croatia are in their first semi-final since France 98 and have lived up their promise as the best team on this side of the draw.

England are powered by the sheer inertia of the "it's coming home" movement.

Croatia's golden generation have one last chance to reach a final.

Who's going to win?

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia Empty Re: WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia

Post by Nishankly Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:53 pm

GoalLegacy will win
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia Empty Re: WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:56 pm

I don't think England can compete with this Croatia tbh
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:56 pm

Croatia Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:57 pm

Haven't been particularly impressed with Croatia tbh, i imagine they feel the same way about us but still.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:57 pm

I wonder what's Vrsjalcko's (or whatever the right-back's name is) injury situation, didn't look like they had another proper RB since they put the CB Vida in his position. Looks like Subatic just had a cramp or something in his thigh? Hopefully he can play.

But obviously it's on its way home.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:58 pm

With how Croatia played against Russia. We have nothing to fear tbh.

But seriously, it will be our most challenging match so far. We are definitely not seeing the ball for a long period of time but Croatia defence isn't the best so we will get chances. But we can't afford to miss as we did today.

Croatia also looks a bit weak on set pieces.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:00 pm

That Hendenson vs Modric matchup again Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:01 pm

RealGunner wrote:With how Croatia played against Russia. We have nothing to fear tbh.

But seriously, it will be our most challenging match so far. We are definitely not seeing the ball for a long period of time but Croatia defence isn't the best so we will get chances. But we can't afford to miss as we did today.

They look like a team who has two great players and the rest are average, we might lose because Modric and Rakitic would walk into our team but i don't see why we can't win tbh.

Of course people will call me arrogant and delusional for having that opinion.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:02 pm

Mandzukic got this Wink
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:04 pm

Thing is, I don't think we've seen Croatia's best since their 3-0 win over Argentina.

Denmark and Russia both played deep and denied them space. England won't do that. We play two attacking 8s with a lone pivot and will give a lot more space in midfield for Modric and Rakitic to use.

I don't think their attack is that good - at least nothing that should overly worry our defence. And I can see us giving their backline trouble.

It's just Modric and Rakitic terrify me with our midfield being as it is.

We should be the fitter team, at least. Two extra-times and shootouts will have taken a lot out of Croatia, though their belief will be sky-high.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:06 pm

RealGunner wrote:With how Croatia played against Russia. We have nothing to fear tbh.

This is also Croatia's most challenging game so far tbh

Could go either way for me. You could say this is a much more even semi final than France's one where they start a favourites ofcourse.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:08 pm

Croatia doesn't do well against PTB teams... and really great when the play is relatively open.  It's how they've looked since forever and same in this WC.  I think England have something to fear in this one.  Croatia is really very good and clever when given some space.  

That said, they are older.  Will they have enough time to recover from the QF clash?  We'll see.

This is the first proper team England has faced in an elimination type game...  as the Belgium match was a throw away for both teams.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:23 pm

It's also the first proper test Croatia has faced tbh, let's be honest.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:24 pm

It should be quite easy for Croatia tbh.
Their midfield is superior while England's defense will just be too easy for Mandzukic & Rebic. Pjaca should start instead of Perisic who seems on bad form.

The only thing that could add a little hope to England is that Croatia wasted a lot of energies vs. Russia and they suffered some injuries (Subasic, Vrsajlko etc)
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:27 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:It's also the first proper test Croatia has faced tbh, let's be honest.

Nigeria, Iceland, Argentina... that was a tough group to win.  They faced PTB sides in the elimination rounds, true.  But they earned it after winning that group.

Last edited by sportsczy on Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:28 pm

juvealbanian wrote:It should be quite easy for Croatia tbh.
Their midfield is superior while England's defense will just be too easy for Mandzukic & Rebic. Pjaca should start instead of Perisic who seems on bad form.

The only thing that could add a little hope to England is that Croatia wasted a lot of energies vs. Russia and they suffered some injuries (Subasic, Vrsajlko etc)

Wouldn't say it'll be quite easy lmao, you're overrating Croatia. Let's not forget they got to the semis because of two penalty shootouts against average teams. Reeks of Portugal's Euro run.

Having said that England are pretty bad as well so I'd say it's 50/50
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:29 pm

Get out Laughing we need stop overrating the likes of Argentina etc etc.

Besides groups are irrelevant tbh, they've played Russia and Denmark ( sorry Freeza) and we've played Colombia and Sweden.

I really don't see the difference, they made more of a meal of their ties that's all.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:34 pm

Argentina are not even a team. Its easily the worst Argentina ive ever seen. England would comfortably beat them if they faced them right about now IMO
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:37 pm

Cruijf wrote:
juvealbanian wrote:It should be quite easy for Croatia tbh.

Wouldn't say it'll be quite easy lmao, you're overrating Croatia. Let's not forget they got to the semis because of two penalty shootouts against average teams. Reeks of Portugal's Euro run.

Having said that England are pretty bad as well so I'd say it's 50/50

Croatia have more quality and idk how that's not obvious.
I said if Croatia wasn't unlucky with injuries and playing extra-times they would be favorites for sure and yes it would have been easy for them.
I don't wanna go into details but pretty much a much better midfield and having dangerous attackers like Mandzo plus Rebic is doing good I think that's enough.

But since they did waste energy and suffered some injuries who might be decisive I would say it's 65% - 35% to Croatia right now.

Englad though must rely on counters. Their speed can prove to be deadly against a tired side.
There's no other way I can see England controlling the game and getting a result.They will also heavliy depend on Kane again.
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:40 pm

I don't see how any team can claim to win this easily, this will be a very even matched.

I have to say I'll be rooting for my Balkan bro's though.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:41 pm

People tend to overrate the teams we face in this tournament so i'm not surprised really.

You would think Colombia were Brazil 1982 the way people were going on before we played them and now it was an easy game (:

Like i said i wouldn't be surprised if they beat us but once again they are being overrated because of the idea of Modric on paper, when their performances haven't come close to actually showing why they are worthy of what people think they are.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:44 pm

Congrats to England for making it to the finals
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:45 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:People tend to overrate the teams we face in this tournament so i'm not surprised really.

You would think Colombia were Brazil 1982 the way people were going on before we played them and now it was an easy game (:

Like i said i wouldn't be surprised if they beat us but once again they are being overrated because of the idea of Modric on paper, when their performances haven't come close to actually showing why they are worthy of what people think they are.

Don't forget they had atleast 2 clear chances that could have even closed the match against Russia today without going into ET.
And probably Russia was doped like hell. I saw their veterans run like it was totally ok after their second 120' in the tournament.
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:46 pm

The Colombia game went exactly as I predicted though. Without James, England had the edge and you did edge them in the end. I still rate Colombia as a good team. It was the first big (mental) hurdle for England to cross and they managed it in the end hence why I think they've gotten this far and may possibly make the final.

Last edited by S on Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 23 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next