Great Leader Sprucenuce
McLewis
36 posters

Page 20 of 23 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Go down

The Official Roma Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The Official Roma Thread

Post by Kick Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:39 am

McLewis wrote:On the Zaniolo injury:

The rumor is that it's his ACL again, this time the other knee.

Honestly, I'm not particularly surprised. Same thing happened to Strootman as well. Zaniolo has proven himself mentally though. He recovered from it once so it stands to reason he can do so again. That's IF the rumors are true. That said, a 2nd one of this nature is bound to affect him though. No one can blame him if he doesn't recover from it quite as well mentally as he did before, I suppose.

As for me, I've already written off this season given it's a transitional one. I'll still watch the matches of course, but it would take some really good football and results to get me even remotely invested in this season.

Huge shame on the injury.

I will be watching his recovery and hoping he can come back to his best.

It doesn't bode well for his career, though. Hopefully he can recover and put his injuries behind him.

Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:58 pm

It’s tough because he’s out until February and will likely try to push to make the Euro.

It’s always scary injuries like his because it was one of those innocuous contact injuries.

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:44 pm

Terrible for him. I hope he can come back in the trajectory he was, but twice tearing knee ligaments can condition your career. Such a shame, physically and mentally a handicap when his career was just starting.

Maybe its all coincidences, maybe not. Roma needs to really look into this massive amount of ligament injuries.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:26 pm

The very fact that this doesn't happen anywhere else at anywhere near the rate it happens at this club is a damning indictment on the fitness structure at the club. Maybe it is Trigoria, but this didn't happen there.

Superstitions aside, if The Friedkin Group does nothing else while in control of the club, fixing this ACL problem would be a huge win for them and the club.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:40 am

Zaniolo aside zappacosta had one, think florenzi too, and strootman so seems this happens to Roma players quite often.

Anyway its such a shame for this to happen to Zaniolo right away. plus feels as if 6 months recovery and return was too early maybe? hope he takes all the times he need to heal plus i read the news that zaniolo has been delaying surgery to take the best course of action or where to have surgery. it seems like it may happen outside italy.

im zaniolo fan and this sucks big time

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:11 am

I posted earlier in this thread at some point how many players have had it. In total, I think we're between 15 and 20 players who have had it happen to them. Some have had it happen twice like Florenzi, Strootman and now Zaniolo.

Either way, he's getting surgery in Austria so we won't see him back on the pitch until March. Who knows what kinda player he'll be at that point. For now, this means the rest of the team need to step up. Fonseca has not caught a break since he took the job and he needs these players now more than ever to step their game up a level to compensate for the loss of Zaniolo.

I feel like we have enough alternatives (Perez, Under, Kluivert, Mkhitaryan for instance) to make up the difference, but none of them have that x-factor that Zaniolo brings to the team. He just gives this side a dimension that no one else is capable of doing. It is very Totti-esque.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:20 pm

So Fonseca is 100% sacked this season
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:00 am

Yeah his fate was sealed weeks ago when we mathematically got ruled out of the CL places. This was always a faint hope.

Sarri reports will probably intensify now.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue May 04, 2021 11:13 am

Roma announces that Fonseca will leave the club at the end of the season. The United loss and only 1 win in the last 8 Serie A matches makes EL qualifying a doubt.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2021 12:31 pm

im probably gonna get backlash for saying this but getting rid of Fonseca is a mistake because he did win some good games besides Roma was just inherited by new owner and their project just kickstarted.

Importantly i think Tiago Pinto from Benfica left there to join Roma because of Fonseca. I don't see Pinto remaining there for too long now because of this.

Roma had fair share of injury issues and they had to constantly improvise with makeshift players. Not qualifying for CL or even risking EL spot is bad but i personally feel Fonseca did good job with what he had on disposal. He didn't even get players he wanted.

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue May 04, 2021 1:18 pm

JespSwe wrote:im probably gonna get backlash for saying this but getting rid of Fonseca is a mistake because he did win some good games besides Roma was just inherited by new owner and their project just kickstarted.

Roma has an abysmal record against top teams in the league, they haven't beaten anyone above them this season iirc. Lost the derby 3-0 lost like 7-0 agg to Napoli, 6-2 to united.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue May 04, 2021 2:40 pm

Ah McLewis, I send my sympathies to you. You couldn’t have made a worse signing! I had anticipated he would only get another coaching position in a second or third tier club and I don’t think Roma is in that category.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2021 2:50 pm

https://www.asroma.com/en/news/2021/5/club-statement-jose-mourinho

AS Roma are delighted to announce an agreement has been reached with José Mourinho to become the club’s new head coach.

Mourinho has agreed a three-year contract with the Giallorossi that will run until 30 June 2024.

He will begin his new role ahead of the 2021-22 campaign.

“We are thrilled and delighted to welcome José Mourinho into the AS Roma family,” club president Dan Friedkin and vice-president Ryan Friedkin said.

“A great champion who has won trophies at every level, José will provide tremendous leadership and experience to our ambitious project.

“The appointment of José is a huge step in building a long-term and consistent winning culture throughout the club.”

Mourinho, 58, is one of the most successful coaches in the history of the sport – having won 25 major trophies in his career to date.

The list of clubs he has previously managed includes FC Porto, Chelsea, Inter Milan, Real Madrid, Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur.

“Thank you to the Friedkin family for choosing me to lead this great club and to be part of their vision,” Mourinho said.

“After meetings with the ownership and Tiago Pinto, I immediately understood the full extent of their ambitions for AS Roma. It is the same ambition and drive that has always motivated me and together we want to build a winning project over the upcoming years.

“The incredible passion of the Roma fans convinced me to accept the job and I cannot wait to start next season.

“In the meantime, I wish Paulo Fonseca all the best and I hope the media appreciate that I will only speak further in due course. Daje Roma!”

Mourinho is one of only three managers to date to have won the UEFA Champions League with two different clubs, a feat he has also repeated in the UEFA Europa League.

He is a three-time winner of the Premier League (with Chelsea in 2005, 2006 and 2015), while he has also won top-flight titles in Italy, Spain and Portugal.

“When José became available, we immediately jumped at the chance to speak with one of the greatest managers of all time,” said Tiago Pinto, Roma’s General Manager (Football).

“We were blown away by José’s desire to win and his passion for the game: no matter how many trophies he has won, his primary focus is always on the next one. He possesses the knowledge, experience and leadership to compete at all levels.

“We know that in order to build a successful sporting project it takes time, patience and the right people in the right positions. We are supremely confident that José will be the perfect coach for our project, for both our immediate and long-term future.

“Together with the vision and ambition of Dan and Ryan Friedkin, we will build the foundations of a new AS Roma.”

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2021 2:51 pm

big name coach for AS Roma!!! Jose joins the team!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue May 04, 2021 2:51 pm

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue May 04, 2021 2:55 pm

McLewis definitely wont like this I predict.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue May 04, 2021 2:57 pm

Haha, a relatively big club still sigs Mou the dinosaur. Good luck though Mclewis and Roma fans, I guess entertainment and controveries will be a garantee Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2021 2:59 pm

rincon wrote:
JespSwe wrote:im probably gonna get backlash for saying this but getting rid of Fonseca is a mistake because he did win some good games besides Roma was just inherited by new owner and their project just kickstarted.

Roma has an abysmal record against top teams in the league, they haven't beaten anyone above them this season iirc. Lost the derby 3-0 lost like 7-0 agg to Napoli, 6-2 to united.

i was under the notion that Roma was in transition year. I am pretty sure fans thought of that too. Freidkin taking over plus pandemic means they only bought few players. Plus few important players were out so i thought fonseca had to improvise. i know the result sounds bad but

... i guess now with mourinho signing this changes things. we will see how much Roma will improve but one thing for sure is that mourinho will be able to attract good signings for Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2021 2:59 pm

Conte vs Mourinho rant will be awesome ! im looking forward to it XD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2021 3:02 pm

i guess mourinho and tiago pinto will be a good combination. they will be addressing the team and strengthen. i guess this is a good news for Roma fans, dzeko might probably even sign extension. im pretty sure mourinho will be keen on keeping him

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue May 04, 2021 3:10 pm

Roma WTF

Out of nowhere, most rumors were about Sarri, now they have gone for the opposite Laughing

Better than Fonseca of course but its so out of character for Roma. From Zeman to Mou, the full transition
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue May 04, 2021 3:22 pm

What are the odds that he will be sacked before the start of the season/August? hmm
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue May 04, 2021 3:22 pm

What are the odds that he will be sacked before the start of the season/August? hmm
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue May 04, 2021 4:11 pm

You guys are correct. I don't like this signing.

I respect Mou's accomplishments, but I struggle see his compatibility to this club.

That said, he is likely just what we need. He can handle the media extremely well, can effectively man manage and won't coddle players, and his demanding nature could help eliminate the loser mentality the players have.

Aesthetically, we're not going to be pretty to watch, but we may end up winning games we otherwise generally don't win with Mou.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Tue May 04, 2021 4:16 pm

Well, Italy is the right place.

His football can still work here and I predict the next two seasons for Roma to be some of the best in the last two decades.

The fit with Roma a sa club is wrong though, generally a different football culture to his and pretty much any other club in Serie A would be a better fit, so that is something I could see going wrong.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue May 04, 2021 4:20 pm

One could make the argument that our football culture is pretty much a spectrum ranging from near misses/chokes to absolute implosions. If he changes that culture, the club are the better for it. That we play some nice football even when we go close and lose or we get smashed isn't all that material, results-wise.

I honestly can't argue with that logic.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 23 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next