Doc
Great Leader Sprucenuce
McLewis
36 posters

Page 22 of 23 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Go down

The Official Roma Thread - Page 22 Empty Re: The Official Roma Thread

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:14 am

Well so far with that purchase it looks like Mou gonna play a 3 CMs Midfield with Pellegrini Xhaka and Veretout then. I see why the underwhelm a little bit cause he's essentially the same as the other 2 and it also means Cristante and Diawara are likely going to the bench but right now it doesn't look like a big change is happening with his arrival. Roma's mid still looks the same so far

Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:09 pm

New home kit finally drops today. First offering from New Balance:

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:20 pm

My initial take - It's fine. And yes it looks a bit like Liverpool's home kit during their NB era. I frankly don't mind that. I have one of those Liverpool kits and I like it quite a bit.

It's understated and the wow factor is lower than what we've gotten used to with the Nike kits, but that's to be expected. I distinctly remember the first Nike kit and how underwhelming it looked to me. It's a building block as the subsequent offerings were far better. I think the same will be true for NB.

I also am glad to see Qatar Airways replaced though I don't know anything about Digital Bits. That will take some research. What I have been hearing is that they're paying us 40m for the front sponsor ship deal, which is far more than I expected us to get given its the same amount as QA and we're playing in the Conference League. An absolute blockbuster of a deal.

Lastly, it's interesting that Dzeko was included in this campaign. Not sure what that signals from Mou, but it's interesting nonetheless.

Last edited by McLewis on Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:53 am

I actually like the logo. It fits well with the shirt and tbh while the scrutiny with Qatar Airways exists aesthetically it wasn't bad either. Maybe it's a bit more red I prefer the darker shade of Roman red but I think it'll grow on me.

2016/17 Roma will still be my favorite home jersey tho.

Same with the gray away jersey. That thing was The Official Roma Thread - Page 22 Pacha_meme___remastered_by_doutarina_ddfzkxn-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTIyOCIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzM2Yzk5ZTNiLTg0YjMtNGQwZi04NTExLTNmMjU5YzRmOTAxM1wvZGRmemt4bi01ZWUyZDM5ZC01ZTVhLTQ0MDctOWFmYy01ZGY1ZTIxNGQyYWQucG5nIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEyODAifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:52 am

I wonder did any team have the balls to present a new shirt without the female team hmm
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:30 pm

This one is a bit too bland for my liking. As if they did not put much effort into it. I'm not a big fan of those shoulder pads on any jersey. The colors are always great, just seem like a practice jersey. Sponsor is also much better than Qatar Airways

My favorite Roma jersey undeniably 14-15, simple also but the collar changes everything
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:00 pm

Vibe wrote:I wonder did any team have the balls to present a new shirt without the female team hmm

Our women's team are amazing. They've done far better this past season than the men.

I'd frankly be perfectly ok if only they were presented in the new kits. They would've earned it.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:19 pm

God yet again New Balance comes out with the most low-effort safe kit possible.

I had to put up with the LFC one for years and bought two of them they always felt cheap, no fit despite the right size and just did not feel as if youre wearing the kit of a top club.

Another unassuming design.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:00 pm

Safe is definitely the right word. We'll see if the away and 3rd kits are a bit more adventurous.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:28 am

McLewis wrote:
Vibe wrote:I wonder did any team have the balls to present a new shirt without the female team hmm

Our women's team are amazing. They've done far better this past season than the men.

I'd frankly be perfectly ok if only they were presented in the new kits. They would've earned it.

I would have been a fan of a move like that some years ago.

However I despise forced things. Now every public entity has to do it out of fear of being called sexist or something because nowadays it takes just one idiot behind a keyboard writing an article for Fem Qa'ida and you're in the shits.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:50 am

You're looking to get offended over a trivial thing that hardly anyone noticed. Funny how quickly the anti-SJW
folks turn into snowflakes themselves.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:37 pm

And where exactly was I offended by anything :facepalm:

I don't even know what SJW is. Was merely commenting.

It does hit me in the wrong place how companies behave how they're all about the movements and shit while just pretending in order to sell stuff to idiots, but that's about it.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:42 pm

Looking to get offended Laughing

FFS
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:16 pm

Offended might be a strong word, but you were clearly bothered by a simple kit presentation Laughing

This is what I mean when I say both parties end up becoming two sides of the same coin. Some looney leftists would complain if women were excluded from these shoots, and similarly, a right-wing reactionary will complain about the inclusion of the women, seeing it as virtue signaling and pandering.

farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:46 pm

I literally said something along the lines I wonder does any team does the presentation without the female team.

I think presentations the the female team are nicer actually and I'm not bothered by it one bit.

What does bother me is that they HAVE to include them. I despise forced things, I said this word to word.

I think you're right for the most part of what you said but I don't see how it includes me.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:02 pm

When I think about it, you were literally looking for me looking to be offended  Laughing

You're a whole new level of snowlake. Bit on the right, bit on the left, bit on the attack, bit on the defense. Box to box snowflake :bow:
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:17 pm

I also dislike the inclusion moral code, it's often just a defense against cancellers of twitter Laughing

However for promoting women in football, i don't think our cynism is valid, it's only normal to include 50% of the population. Instead i would point out they include somebody whose gender is unclear, that i think is a gimmick
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:47 pm

So Dzeko has left.

He gets a ton of hate from some fans because he wasn't what they envisioned a striker who sits at #3 in our all-time scoring chart should be, but they're idiots.

Dude is a legend. The best striker we've had since the days of Montella and Batistuta.

Now we move on. Shumurodov and Mayoral remain the striking options for now. There's a lot of talk of Tammy Abraham, but I don't think that one ends up happening. He doesn't want to leave the Prem, I'm not sure his style suits Serie A and frankly his wages are too high anyway. The only reason we're this far into it with him is Mou, who wants him.

Lotta Romanisti are divided between their willingness to trust Mou and their skepticism about Abraham himself. It shows that trusting the process has limits.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:21 pm

Following most Romanisti opinions on any Roma player is basically useless given almost like some Arsenal fans they expect more "loyalty" than the club deserves, just cause.

Dzeko has been ridiculously good for Roma and an undeniable big game player. Not to mention developed into the leader he is for Roma where he also is known for Bosnia, in which his leadership is incredible.

For all the Lukaku mourning Ill say for sure he will still perform in bigger games than Lukaku ever will. And is far far more complete.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:45 pm

I'm a big fan of Lukaku myself, but I do agree. Dzeko's ability to create chances for himself and others is a feature not talked about enough. His passing and link up play, at the height of his ability at Roma, were a joy to watch.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:07 am

Yeah Dzeko had his best stint at Roma clearly. Was hoping he'd stay but now it looks like their are some big shoes to fill this season. Roma need a goal man upfront now.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:25 pm

Frankly, I wasn't sure this one would get done. Pinto has done very well so far though.

On Abraham, I'm just not sure about him imo. I'm leery of any purchase with the price tag and wage we're paying Chelsea and him.

I consider this a significant risk, but we can't be afraid of that. High risks can yield high rewards.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:31 pm

I have a strong suspicion that James will move to Roma before the end of the window, but Roma are shaping somewhat nicely. They just need a strong midfielder in that double-pivot and a RB improvement and i think they can challenge for top 4.

Lets see how Zaniolo looks post-injury as well
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:28 pm

Obviously eager to see if Mou can still do it with the second tier level club and players he has to work with nowadays Very Happy Already getting a relatively expensive buy considering its Roma? He demanding more buys as usual I suspect?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:33 pm

Agreed on the need for a DM. It's a glaring hole in this side and Mou historically has done his best work with a competent destroyer in front of the defense.

Delaney, Koopmeiners and Douglas Luiz were the initial names after Xhaka, but all 3 have faded. Palhinha from Sporting Lisbon and Sergio Oliveira from Porto are the new names. Given Pinto's connections from Benfica, those could give us an advantage. Fulham's Zambo-Anguissa and BMG's Denis Zakaria are options as well that have been discussed.

Dzeko leaving clears a huge chunk off the wage bill, but there's still others like Nzonzi, Pastore, Florenzi, Olsen, Fazio, etc that Pinto will need to work to sell. That's going to be the biggest obstacle to signing any more players, particularly the DM we really really need. One of Diawara or Villar could leave as well, but neither are on high wages.

It's clear Pinto isn't done yet though.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:36 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:Obviously eager to see if Mou can still do it with the second tier level club and players he has to work with nowadays Very Happy Already getting a relatively expensive buy considering its Roma? He demanding more buys as usual I suspect?

Well I don't think he's demanding buys, it's more the club recognizing that they need to give him as much as they can within financial reason. The Friedkins (the new owners) have been pretty generous with the cash they're moving into the club to help fund these transfers and contract extensions.

Mou holds the biggest cards here. He knows the club needs him more than he needs it. They will likely bend over backwards to give him what or who he wants to keep him happy and motivated.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 23 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next