Mr Nick09
halamadrid2
futbol_bill
SuperMAG
guest7
36 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 29 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by halamadrid2 Sun 25 Feb - 2:11

Lets not get too hysterical, Kova was treated even worse than Ceballos despite being more proven. He just needs to have patience, Modric is 33 at most he has 2 more seasons left in him, if we didn't have such a crap start to the season we probably wouldn't have played him as much. When the summer comes all we need is a striker and a winger, Icardi and Martial/Hazard/Neymar should do the trick. We shouldn't let go of anyone bar Bale and Benzema

halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 29 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun 25 Feb - 4:28

i dont know why you put Martial/Hazard/Neymar as if getting Martial i the same as getting one of the others, i hope you were not serious lol

As far Icardi, we are really trying to sign a CF at the worst time possible. he has good numbers but Icardi is also the kindof CF we havent had in Madrid in maybe 20 years. A CF that does nothing but wait up top. hardly participate to the game and not good at it either. If you keep CR, signing a CF who cant be efficient wide is a waste of time, might as well sign a player like Griezmann.

And ill be honest, if United want to get rid of Pogba, i'd take him in a heartbeat.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun 25 Feb - 4:55

All of the 3 are going to be hard to get, all 3 probably want to move but they all play for club that dont need to sell. Whoever we get i am happy with

Build up Laughing like we dont have the best midfield in the world. All i ask from our striker is to score from the gazillion chances our midfield and fbs create every game. Imagine getting a skinny poor mans version of Benz in Griezmann Laughing I'd rather we dont sell Benz if the other option is Griezmann who doesn't score

What's Pogba going to do in our team? Our bench is already full. We dont need any more benchwarmers on huge wages
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun 25 Feb - 5:00

Ronaldo is doing a pretty good job at scoring for us, there is no reason to replace him then. If you want to keep CR, then signing players like Icardi is ill advised.

Martial is not an equivalent for Hazard or Neymar lol, those guys are world class, Martial can't even be a consistent starter in his club
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun 25 Feb - 6:36

What happened at the start of the season is a reason in itself that we need another goalscorer nvm thr fact that he's closer to 35 than 30. We just can't find ourselves in a position again where the attack scores less than the midfield, that's embarrasing Griezmann has 8 goals this season, Bale has one less
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun 25 Feb - 7:17

Kante is so many levels below Casemiro it aint even funny
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun 25 Feb - 7:33

halamadrid2 wrote:What happened at the start of the season is a reason in itself that we need another goalscorer nvm thr fact that he's closer to 35 than 30. We just can't find ourselves in a position again where the attack scores less than the midfield, that's embarrasing Griezmann has 8 goals this season, Bale has one less
im thinking of a solution to play with CR, specially in big games. if the player we sign has chemistry issues with CR and can't play with him, then it's a problem. I think Icardi can't be productive with CR based off how both play.

Griezmann on the other hand is already used to playing around a n9.

i understand we need a CF, but our CF problem is also a CR problem. you need a reliable 25-40 goals player next to him, but he also has to allow CR to play the way he likes. A conventional n9 makes that difficult if you are keeping CR, and ultimately, if you also keep Benzema, if CR doesnt like playing with the new guy then CR will want to play with Benzema, you saw the way he was treating him yesterday...

CR is now this SS/CF player that switches roles at will, you need to accommodate him.

this is one reason why i have been thinking maybe 30 years Lewandowski might not be a bad idea, more like a stop gap until CR moves on or until we make more dramatic changes.

Salah is a great shout, he is dominating the EPL from the right side this season
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun 25 Feb - 8:09

Is Lewa gonna be on his final year of his contract next season or something? Because Bayern ain't selling otherwise, come on, no idea why Marca insists on using Lewa's name. It's fking Bayern.

Also, I get Nick's point. CR is gonna be here next season, we can bet on that one so you'll obviously need a SS who can play with CR and Antoine fits the role somewhat. Honestly typing, I don't care. I'll take any of those options you guys mentioned over Benzema and I guess Bale since he is very much not dependable.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun 25 Feb - 8:15

because his new agent, Pini Zahawi, is the guy who engineered Nerman move out of Barca. Lewandowski has a contract until 2021 i think. I am fine with us trying to sign the sign even at 30, i dont love the idea, but the CF market is not great, and finding a partner to CR is not simple.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun 25 Feb - 8:19

Engineered, lol. PSG paid the release clause, nothing that complicated to navigate. If trying to negotiate with Levy is horrible, Bayern is actually worse which Marca and the Spanish press seem to be ignoring willfully.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun 25 Feb - 8:25

well yes, because i m pretty sure they did not just ring nerman, told him they would pay his clause and that's it. Marca just reported Madrid will go after him, that's it. we will see if we do, and if we do, whether we can convince bayern. if not, we will move on to another target
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun 25 Feb - 8:55

Marca haven't been very reliable in recent years with their predictions!

I also doubt that either of CR or Benz will be here next season. Of course most of this depends on what they do or more likely what they don't do in CL and whether or not Zidane remains with club.

With Ronaldo, he is unhappy that he is paid substancially less than Neymar and Messi. He will likely go elsewhere or at least test the waters to see if any other club will pay what he is asking for. Given all the money available to EPL teams there might be a sucker or suitor. Will Flo give in? I sure hope not becuase he has not earned it, this time. His performance while now improving, he is definitely on the decline and quite frankly is a noticeable step betlow the other two, something that was at least debatable in prior years.

With Benz, he stays as long as Zidane is in charge and he is guaranteed to starter status. However with the club hopefully sure to bring in at least one other starter (note, you guys kepp mentioning one, but we also need a good backup and send Majoral packing), Benz will likely finally look for other options although I have severe doubts if there will be any suitors.

At this point, I don't really care who they bring in, just get a front line capable of scoring within what's available / achievable in the market. If we can improve it the subsequent summer then change the weaker parts.

As to rest of team and the 9 mentioned yesterday, I don't agree with you Hala, I feel Arhraf and Majoral have to go as well. With Ceballos, I hope he doesn't go and does have the patience, but if Zidane remains, I can see him wanting out.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun 25 Feb - 9:03

except for PSG because they are the thirstiest, most desperate club in europe, no one will pay 34 years old CR 30 millions per year.

we also would because he is complaining about it, and it's reported we have agreed to increase his pay to 30 mil.

anyway, i dont think the market for CR is that high.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun 25 Feb - 11:00

Doubt PSG buys Ronaldo.  They're looking to unload Cavani in the summer and move Mbappe to CF...  while allowing Di Maria/Draxler/Lo Celso to fight it out for the remaining wing spot.

Where I do expect PSG to splash if for a holding mid or a B2B physical type...  namely Kante.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sun 25 Feb - 11:47

How bout Mariano? I hear he's doing well at Lyon, could at least be part of the squad.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun 25 Feb - 11:49

i doubt Mariano wants to come back to sit on the bench, when he is in a club where he is undisputed n1 and will play the CL.

by all means, bring him, but he and his agents would be pretty dumb to accept
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun 25 Feb - 13:01

Don't let the stats fool you on Mariano. He's really a poacher and that's it. Brings little to no technique. BUT, I think he's a perfect backup.

I don't think he wants to be a backup however.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun 25 Feb - 15:18

cristiano is 33, i don't think its wise to base who we want to sign going forward on what cristiano wants. the good thing about the transfers is, florentino and his folks have enough time to plan for this, its not like we're rushing anything, they should know for sure by now who they want out of the side. it will be interesting what we do regarding the manager's input; if zidane stays its clear that he has protected some of the lads long enough, and flo won't be wrong to bypass him and sell

titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun 25 Feb - 15:22

yeah but as long as CR is in the club, he will start, so you have to factor that in.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun 25 Feb - 15:30

if we're changing at least 2 of our front 3 and the midfielder, its most likely to change the way we play, it seems we are assuming that if we sign a striker he will walk into this exact same team but that may most likely not be the case, it could be a totally different side entirely where a poacher may or may not work. its still too early. what we know for sure is the side needs a makeover
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun 25 Feb - 16:03

bale and benzema have to go, that, we can all agree on. if cristiano is on this team at the age of 34, even if he's still scoring a lot, we would have to slowly wean him out, at that stage, we hold all the cards, the threat of joining a rival is greatly reduced and so too his appeal to other top clubs. he'd either  have to have to play by our rules and adapt or leave to the states/china/retire, and then ample time may have passed for a more realistic neymar move if a new shiny toy for flo hasn't emerged

point is, we can't go the roma route listening to what totti wants till he's damn near 40.

Last edited by titosantill on Sun 25 Feb - 18:02; edited 1 time in total
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun 25 Feb - 17:12

watch... all we're gonna do is sign a backup CF. backup CB and a backup CM. Rinse and repeat lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun 25 Feb - 17:28

well, there is no clear cut way to move past CR.

i think the easier way is to refresh both Benzema and Bale. For example, by signing Lewandowski (regardless of his age) and a wide attacker like Salah. It's a short term solution, until CR leaves.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun 25 Feb - 17:38

Immobile is scoring goals in Serie A, just saying...

and If PSG wants to get rid of Cavani... by all means he is welcome
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun 25 Feb - 17:56

sportsczy wrote:watch... all we're gonna do is sign a backup CF. backup CB and a backup CM. Rinse and repeat lol.

i wouldn't be surprised. flo hasn't pulled off a major coup since way back when, so i'm not entirely confident, the one thing that keeps me at rest with him is, he hates losing more than anything especially to barcelona...so there's small hope something could happen in the summer. but knowing us, nothing surprises me

i read demon's post about lewa, whilst understandable, i don't mind the move. 4/5 years ago, i was picky, i wanted us to get suarez so bad, and with pool ready to listen to offers i was like suraez or bust. now, any sensible striker is welcome, including lewa. when cristiano starts doing favors like giving out PKs to the cf you know we're in trouble. i would welcome any starting cf that can give us goals
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun 25 Feb - 17:58

we won 3 CLs in 4 years, there was 0 need to pull the trigger on anything

just keep in mind, CR giving up his PK was for his BFF benzema, they have a special relationship and the whole locker room is convinced that Benzema is a misunderstood genius
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next