Mr Nick09
halamadrid2
futbol_bill
SuperMAG
guest7
36 posters

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 9 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by Doc Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:05 pm

Psh, should have seen me when I thought Portillo was gonna be the next best Madrid striker.

Anyway, if he does come, he is gonna literally have to ignore and more importantly (as impossible as it reads), fans are gonna have to ignore his price tag if he is to adjust to Madrid lyfe. After all, he is an 18 year old footballer. He is not gonna set the world alight immediately, he is gonna have bad matches and he is gonna get berated constantly for not producing. And I'm not even considering what sort of production he needs to churn out every match day.

Man, really hope he has that Dwarven steel nerves...

Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 9 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by Turok_TTZ Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:25 pm

Portillo lit up with castilla though.

M'bappe lit up in the cl.

Big difference j would think.

The perfect summer to me would be to sell bale and buy both m'bappe AND dembele. That way we ensure we have an attack that can put any team 12 feet under. Dat speed. Dat technical ability.but mostly dat speed.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:54 pm

For the quoted price he is wholly overpriced but if a world record striker is what it takes to push Benz out of the line up then i am all in. If he comes then he has my total support. I would've liked Dembele too but unfortunately that kid is sleeping with Barca pyjamas, blanket and pillow.

There is alot of risks with this transfer, I hope he intergrates quickly and the other boys help him settle in. Monaco are playing PSG soon right? He should come before then to avoid getting injured. Our midfielders are our jewels so as not to disrupt their playingtime we should sell either Bale or Benz. Im an ideal world that guy is Benz but with Bale's injury record and still being courted by UTD we should perhaps let go of him that way we can continue with the 4312 that's been so successful for us
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:39 pm

You guys love to critique every move Flo/ Zidane makes. This time everything has been predicable (as Nick has so often picked up on this summer). first fill on the vacancies with promising Talent. Vallejo, Theo and Llorente. Then sell off surplus that we can command exceptional high prices; James, Danilo, Morata, Diego Llorente. Then bring on potentially exceptional talent Ceballos and Mbappe. Now get rid of Bale and get the keeper for the future. All that is left is a second RB. What they have done is not disrupted the established team but strengthen it for next season and beyond. They have created  a  dynasty.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:55 pm

Just look at the lineup and compare it to last year, which was by far the deepest squad ever.

De Gea, Casilla

Carvajal, TBA

Varane, Vallejo

Ramos, Nacho

Marcelo, Theo

Casemiro, Llorente

Modric, Ceballos

Kroos, Kovacic

Isco, Lucas

Mbappe, Benzema

Ronaldo, Asensio

Every position has competition. I'm licking my lips. And to think at one point or another I critized Flo and Zidane. Well done!!

I'm obviously joking about Nick's siggestion of a Bale DeGea swap, but what the hell, either way looks great.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:57 pm

Well, yes. You supposed to critique Perez's and Zidane's decisions. Most if not all of it. It is us fans they are catering too after all. We buy the merchandise, you guys fill the stadiums, we pay for the subscription that fund the tv deals that Madrid have. What we should do is while critiquing, give credit where it is due and not overreact (too much, gotta put in a lil overreaction now and then).

Anyway, Turok saying Mbappe is Benz heir is making me uneasy. Also, he has more of Henry than anything. If he truly needs a role model, Ronaldo and Zidane is right there. Hell, I'm sure Raul could still kick a ball better than most.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:01 pm

Mbappe is not the type to follow anyone's coattails.  He'll follow his own lead. His personality is entirely different from Benzema as he's not shy, he's eloquent (hence his popularity with the French media)... and he's the alpha type. I don't think the relationship with Benz would ever go well.

Nice kid.... but very driven, very confident and very bright.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:11 pm

That is true sports but you cannot overcome inexperience with drive. you need to learn from your peers who have the experience. this where Benz comes in. M'bappe is already very polished. Has the skillset and the physical abilities to actually displace Benzema. The only thing he is missing however is all mental. That's why I say he needs guidance. We don't need another CR7 type where he gets selfish at the worst possible times. Thankfully M'bappe is smarter than CR7 from what I observe but still he will need guidance, something Benz can provide in bulk. Benzema and Varane will be critical to integrate M'bappe to the team. Don't forget CR7 will actually feel he is being threatened by M'bappe. Another reason why M'bappe would do well to get along with Benz. I don't see him getting along with CR7 tbh.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:29 pm

i'll make my predictions now (in addition to the raft of trophies we pick up this year, and years to come).

Bale gone this year or next.
Benzema gone next summer.
Modric and Ronaldo gone in either 2019 or 2020
Ramos gone in 2021

If you can't tell I'm more excited about this squad than I believe I ever have in 70 years!!!

All this while Barca is crumbling before our eyes. Simply put (irregardless of a Bale/ DeGea swap), we are much superior while Rest of Spain substancially weakened. IN rest of Europe, we can look to City, ManU, Chelsea, PSG, Bayern, Juve, Milan! And I like our chances!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:32 pm

He's much tougher mentally than Benz ever was or will be Turok. You saw that in the CL elimination games. Even against Juve where the rest of Monaco was being dominated.... he just kept going at them relentlessly.

When he's on the pitch, there is no mental letdown or rest. He goes at you every second regardless of the score or the momentum of the game. That's something Benz never had.

Wrong mentor. CR if anyone. Much closer in mentality there EXCEPT that Mbappe is far less self ego driven. He's looking to win whether via goal or pass or just runs.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:47 pm

sportsczy wrote:Mbappe is not the type to follow anyone's coattails.  He'll follow his own lead. His personality is entirely different from Benzema as he's not shy, he's eloquent (hence his popularity with the French media)... and he's the alpha type. I don't think the relationship with Benz would ever go well.

Nice kid.... but very driven, very confident and very bright.
Encouraging, that's the attitude you need to succeed at Real Madrid
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:43 pm

Doc wrote:Well, yes. You supposed to critique Perez's and Zidane's decisions. Most if not all of it. It is us fans they are catering too after all. We buy the merchandise, you guys fill the stadiums, we pay for the subscription that fund the tv deals that Madrid have. What we should do is while critiquing, give credit where it is due and not overreact (too much, gotta put in a lil overreaction now and then).

Anyway, Turok saying Mbappe is Benz heir is making me uneasy. Also, he has more of Henry than anything. If he truly needs a role model, Ronaldo and Zidane is right there. Hell, I'm sure Raul could still kick a ball better than most.

Lol Doc, when was the last time you bought a shirt or other merchandise yet alone paid for a subscription vs free streaming. As to filling stadium, how many games have you seen live in past 5 years?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:05 pm

sportsczy wrote:He's much tougher mentally than Benz ever was or will be Turok.  You saw that in the CL elimination games.  Even against Juve where the rest of Monaco was being dominated....  he just kept going at them relentlessly.

When he's on the pitch, there is no mental letdown or rest.  He goes at you every second regardless of the score or the momentum of the game.  That's something Benz never had.

Wrong mentor.  CR if anyone.  Much closer in mentality there EXCEPT that Mbappe is far less self ego driven.  He's looking to win whether via goal or pass or just runs.
So you say but we will see. M'bappe is young. given the wrong ideas, he may develop negatively. I don't think CR7 being his mentor is a good idea for the main reasons that he is still a primadonna. The last thing we need is another diva. M'bappe is a good boy but a big transfer fee, high wages, and status can do things to the mind. especially for one who is so young like M'bappe. Benz is one of the more humble players on the team. M'bappe needs to keep his feet on the ground. Do not underestimate the mental aspects that should be handled carefully sports. For me it's not about the pressure. nor is it about being an alpha. M'bappe is already a very complete player as it is but certain mental aspects must be carefully observed and handled correctly by Zidane.

While I do agree that M'bappe should succeed Benz, it must be done carefully. Make him earn the spot. not give to him like he is entitled to it. He can earn it no problem but like I said, certain mental aspects must be in careful observation if he is to fully realize his potential.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:16 pm

futbol_bill wrote:
Doc wrote:Well, yes. You supposed to critique Perez's and Zidane's decisions. Most if not all of it. It is us fans they are catering too after all. We buy the merchandise, you guys fill the stadiums, we pay for the subscription that fund the tv deals that Madrid have. What we should do is while critiquing, give credit where it is due and not overreact (too much, gotta put in a lil overreaction now and then).

Lol Doc, when was the last time you bought a shirt or other merchandise yet alone paid for a subscription vs free streaming. As to filling stadium, how many games have you seen live in past 5 years?

Bought last year's shirt with Isco's name. Not sure about this season, not liking the colours. Have a Madrid pillow too. Subscription, I used to pay for Gol TV but now it's BeIn and I kinda don't want that. As for the stadium, I guess with old age, you have trouble reading, I understand. So to help you out with that, allow me to show you with enlarged letters what I wrote:

We buy the merchandise, you guys fill the stadiums, we pay for the subscription that fund the tv deals that Madrid have.

Notice the underlined part, the specific pronoun that was used. That should give a clear indication that I was not referring to me.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:37 pm

What's that got to do with anything Bill.  The majority of value associated to Real Madrid is due to its brand and how that brand attracts the attention of a massive audience...  so advertisers get the attention of that massive audience to show off their product.  That's how Real Madrid gets these huge tv deals, naming rights, etc deals.

So although I may not buy Real Madrid gear every year.  I do watch their games and follow their players constantly... and i will likely consume something associated with Real Madrid if I had the choice.

Doc is part of valuation of Real Madrid as much as you are dude.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:05 pm

I wasn't arguing who was a fan. It was Doc that declared he had a right to critique given his purchase of the odd shirt and paying for a subscription.

I am simply rejoicing as I feel Flo and for that matter Zidane have done an excellent job!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:07 pm

futbol_bill wrote:

Belittling a true fan of Real Madrid just because you think he doesn't contribute as much as you do? Really, Bill? Have we sunk this low? Really?
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:24 pm

futbol_bill wrote:I wasn't arguing who was a fan. It was Doc that declared he had a right to critique given his purchase of the odd shirt and paying for a subscription.

I am simply rejoicing as I feel Flo and for that matter Zidane have done an excellent job!

I understand, you were just critiquing my mindset.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:31 pm

does anyone have any info on the add ons (if there are) from the morata fee?
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:24 am

Looking at Monaco's current midfield and some of the players they brought in, It's hard to imagine that Fabinho-Meité-Tielemans-Moutinho-Bennacer-Traoré will be competing for 2 midfield spots. hmm it's safe to assume that they're planning to switch to 4-3-3 next season, meaning Mbappé is on his way out.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:44 am

Just realizing this if we sell off bale don't we need to sign another backup Striker? we don't play with just one Striker anymore. CR7 has converted to being a CF and with Benz has been a 2 striker duo for some time now. It's been a long time since I've seen Benz alone upfront. We don't 433 either when isco is on. Maybe with bale we play 433 but our best football has been with 2 strikers 4 mids.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zees Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:09 am

According to JLS we are in for both Mbappe and Dembele.

Asensio-Mbappe-Dembele

BBC who? MAD is where it's at :bow:

Better tell the fullbacks to start putting in low crosses though because we ain't scoring headers.
Zees
Zees
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:47 am

Zees wrote:According to JLS we are in for both Mbappe and Dembele.

Asensio-Mbappe-Dembele

BBC who? MAD is where it's at :bow:

Better tell the fullbacks to start putting in low crosses though because we ain't scoring headers.

Madrid's gone MAD! Can't spell Real Madrid without MAD. Tis a lovely evening for a MAD match.

I love it.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:15 am

For both to come, you need two of BBC to leave, and hopefully we are moving in that direction.

we always talk about the BBC but we never mention the fact that behind guys like Isco and Asensio needs space to keep growing. those two are world class talents, at different levels sure but world class nonetheless.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:52 am

titosantill wrote:does anyone have any info on the add ons (if there are) from the morata fee?

Thought Nick would have answered this as he usually pays attention to the finer details of these deals. Depending on the country, English press reporting £58 million initial with potential to rise to £70 million so going by normal Maths, around £12 million in add ons. Spanish press says just a flat 80 million Euros which is roughly £71 million. As much as I can tell you really.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:12 pm

Apparently we are trying to sign both mbappe and dembele... dembele would be a sign and loan and mbappe would come now

It would be amazing... I don't even know what else to say. If it says true the level of panning of this team Ian getting scary
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next