Mr Nick09
halamadrid2
futbol_bill
SuperMAG
guest7
36 posters

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 8 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:29 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:
@Nick, 60-80mill is the going rate for any striker nowadays because the market is thin. There are only perhaps 3 top level strikers available right now and they'll all cost 70+mill

yeah, so maybe we should not spend that much for a player that is going to be a back up, specially when the resale value will go down.

Morata was a special case because he had built a reputation outside of Madrid and in CL.

we sold Mariano for around 15-20 mil or even less can't remember. how much would Mayoral go for on the market? we can still find players in that 20 mil range that can help without crippling our budget

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 8 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:43 pm

We sold Mariano for 8mill, we'd be lucky if we got 5mill for Mayoral. He needs to go to Malaga and nor sit on our bench. He has no ambition if he stays

Whichever striker we buy for big bucks is going to become our starter eventually imo. That's probably why the club is sort of reluctant to go into the market. They probably want to see how long Ronaldo can stay at the top because as long as he scores we are unlikely to make any big changes at the top. I fear it's going to be some loan deal or just use Mayoral
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:49 pm

oh lol so that's what you had in mind, except for Mbappe, none of these youngsters have shown enough for us to spend 80 mil on them thinking they will become our starter, hell no. i would rather wait, or sign a clear back up

lol @belotti being our leading striker . never happening
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:14 pm

I know it's not happening because we haven't been linked with him once this window Proud I would would have liked for us to go after him though

The problem is that there aren't many quality strikers available right now. There was a cheap back up solution that we passed on and now it doesn't seem like we'll be going for anyone

We could probably bring back Rodrigo or Joselu, anyone over Mayoral really
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:18 pm

we are not linked with him because he aint good enough, specially not for the money being asked.

the market is open till 31 august, these people have shown they know what they are doing, and our scouting dept is pretty good. i am sure they have a very good idea of what the CF market is like and who to go after to fill in the need for back up. i am not even worried, even if we dont sign anyone.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:28 pm

We havent been linked with a few other quality strikers either. Doesn't mean they are bad, we probably don't think they'll fit in with what we expect of our striker.

It's going to be hard to tempt anyone to become a back up with how Morata was treated last season.

I was once not worried but now I am bbecause we may not remember it now but our bench contributed to alot of our goals last season which is why we won the league. Nearly every game in the 1st half of the season was decided in the last minutes. We even had to put Mariano on who also scored and Barca still finished like 3 points behind us

If we start the BBC who comes in from the bench to score for us? If we start a 4312 then i can accept us not going after anyone but forgive me if I only believe it when I see it
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:34 pm

us not being linked with someone only means that the medias are clueless about the clubs plan and nothing has leaked, it doesn't mean they are not working or thinking about it
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:36 pm

Dolberg to come in and bench Benzema imo
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:53 pm

Freeza wrote:Dolberg to come in and bench Benzema imo

I really wouldn't mind Madrid throw a bid for Dolberg. Nick would obviously have something to say about that but all I have to say is...don't be like that bro.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:56 pm

Doc wrote:
Freeza wrote:Dolberg to come in and bench Benzema imo

I really wouldn't mind Madrid throw a bid for Dolberg. Nick would obviously have something to say about that but all I have to say is...don't be like that bro.

I would be estatic to finally have a talented Dane in a Madrid shirt. Think he could really offer something for our team. Not better than Benzema yet, but the dude is mad talented. The question is just how he would fare with limited playing time. Would probably get enough, considering Benzema can't stay in shape at all.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:02 pm

I have to agree with Hala here.

Our bench was the difference between us and Barcelona last year. If it wasn't for Morata's goals, we wouldn't have won the league.

I wasn't that excited with his sale because you will never find a better back-up in today's market.

Now, if the club is planning to get a WC striker and make Benzema his back-up, then I'll all for it. But if we're going to simply buy a scrub as a back-up to Benzema? That would be a glaring downgrade to our CF position.

We have already made one downgrade with the departure of Pepe and the arrival of Vallejo. If we're also going to downgrade the CF position and rely on Benzema as our main CF, then we're simply asking for trouble.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:06 pm

that dolberg kid looks too vanilla for me (as in not tough), a bit like Mayoral, but if Mbappe doesn't come this summer, i am all for it.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:19 pm

Dolberg is a great prospect, but he would get eaten up at RM.

Without the capacity to his game to cover the wings he will be getting as much or less time than Morata did. Morata was at least used to coming off the bench for us, Juve and than us again, Dolberg at his age needs the time to develop.

No chance he gets that here (unfortunately).

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:35 am

impatient summer for me...
too quiet now. bothers the hell out of me.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:06 am

Rid ourselves of 2 surplus in Danilo and James and sold our back up in Morata. Not so much replacements but acquired Ceballos and Theo with Llorente coming back from a very successful loan spell.

Got rid of Pepe and got in Vallejo who really is not a like for like at all. Definitely does not have the fanfare of previous transfer windows but it is quietly decent to good. We really do need to find another back up striker.

Our scouting department is good? When did that happen? And what 20 million dollar rated forward can we acquire that'll do the job Morata did?
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:09 pm

http://www.marca.com/futbol/real-madrid/2017/07/25/597718eb46163f8f5b8b466d.html

Marca exclusive: Real Madrid have agreed in principal with Monaco for MBappe.... 160 mil + 20 mil in bonuses.

Wow.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:19 pm

Yeah I saw Hala post this in the GS. Assuming this is remotely close to the truth, damn. Holy shit. I hope Mbappe has nerves of Dwarven Steel because that is one hell of a price tag to live up to.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:38 pm

The more I think about it- it's just absurd. It's not my money of course, and I trust that RM know what they're doing, and I know the market is inflated but damn.

For 160m he just has to be a for sure thing who stays with the club all of his career and is very successful. I think it's just as likely he could flop.

Let's say he is the player we want him to be and does really well for us but wants to leave- what club buys him for over 160m in a few years time? Or even worse, what if it doesn't work out- would RM even be willing to sell him for half his value? Half of that value is what we paid for Ronaldo lol

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:43 pm

Given the price people paid for Morata and Lukaku... and Mbappe already had a more successful season than those two ever had + he's a teenage.

Even if he's "ok", you can sell him for 90 mil methinks Laughing EPL has been frothing over Mbappe ever since he spanked Man City. They'll overpay if needed.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:46 pm

I want to make clear I don't like this... you're putting an enormous amount of pressure on a teenager who, however supremely talented, now faces unbelievable expectations.

Unless he makes the podium of BDO or in that conversation every season, he'll be considered a flop. That's ridiculous.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:12 pm

Mbappe has the pressure and faces widely held expectations of being the next big thing... Of course the fall will be bigger if he "flops." Some people seem surprised about the price now that it's actually happening though, this was an eventuality wherever he went.

Now i wonder what happens to Isco and Asensio. Bale leaving is still in the pipe dream stage imo, maybe Benz hits the bench hard, who knows. At least the BBC's eventual death is accelerating.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:25 pm

Yeah.. you're not paying 180 mil for a guy to sit on the bench. It's between Bale and Benzema. Honestly, they both get injured enough that it's probably a choice that doesn't even need to be made Laughing

Asensio and Isco are the big losers, however.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:49 pm

You worry too much sports. Zidane will ensure m'bappe will not feel the pressure. Besides, I reckon M'bappe is more than capable of handling the pressure. You don:'t come to Real Madrid expecting a cake walk. The pressure doesn't get higher anywhere else.

And from what I observe. The 180m is a fair price for the heir to Benzema. I haven't had this much hope and expectation in a player since Benz joining Madrid. He is young. Will need time for certain but I feel he can do it. He's the real deal.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:58 pm

If it happens, keep in mind he's choosing Madrid over City and PSG, who offered him astronomically higher wages compared to Madrid.  He really wants to be here.

His father is his agent so that family is going to benefit from this deal anyhow.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:04 pm

Yeah I know. He can easily become top player for both teams and probably be paid more than here.

We need to tie up m'bappe quickly before he gets tempted by others.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:05 pm

Psh, should have seen me when I thought Portillo was gonna be the next best Madrid striker.

Anyway, if he does come, he is gonna literally have to ignore and more importantly (as impossible as it reads), fans are gonna have to ignore his price tag if he is to adjust to Madrid lyfe. After all, he is an 18 year old footballer. He is not gonna set the world alight immediately, he is gonna have bad matches and he is gonna get berated constantly for not producing. And I'm not even considering what sort of production he needs to churn out every match day.

Man, really hope he has that Dwarven steel nerves...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next