Vlad the Impaler
Katy Perry
jibers
Glory
S
67 posters

Page 18 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

Almost Official : Antoine Griezmann joins Atletico Madrid - Page 18 Empty Re: Almost Official : Antoine Griezmann joins Atletico Madrid

Post by MaraVilla Wed 01 Sep 2021, 03:37

€40m buy option is fking insane.

How can I apply to become a general manager at Barca?

MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Almost Official : Antoine Griezmann joins Atletico Madrid - Page 18 Empty Re: Almost Official : Antoine Griezmann joins Atletico Madrid

Post by BarcaLearning Wed 01 Sep 2021, 05:50

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL So we manage another two fuk up transfers STILL TODAY, its just way beyonddddd any level of acceptance, LUUK DE whatever for Griezmann, oh well. So we will have to watch a front line of Depay/Luuk/Braithwaite for now, must be one of the lowest points in our entire history as a club. LOOOL!
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Wed 01 Sep 2021, 10:09

sportsczy wrote:What is it with Barca giving Atleti world-class players for free ffs.

My guess it is better Atleti winning it than Madrid.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed 01 Sep 2021, 12:52

Atletico actually did Barca a favour. Griezmann has been crap for Barca and since their finances are shot, they must be delighted to get his wages off the books. Plus €40m coming their way later. 2021 Barcelona are not about winning trophies, it's all about rebuilding the team.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed 01 Sep 2021, 12:54

Art Morte wrote:Atletico actually did Barca a favour. Griezmann has been crap for Barca and since their finances are shot, they must be delighted to get his wages off the books. Plus €40m coming their way later. 2021 Barcelona are not about winning trophies, it's all about rebuilding the team not being broke.

Fixed.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Sep 2021, 13:55

if Atletico fans even happy to have Griezmann back? i remember that he walked out from Atletico that was not on mutual terms with fans

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed 01 Sep 2021, 15:14

Lord Spencer wrote:
sportsczy wrote:What is it with Barca giving Atleti world-class players for free ffs.

My guess it is better Atleti winning it than Madrid.

danyjr wrote:
Art Morte wrote:Atletico actually did Barca a favour. Griezmann has been crap for Barca and since their finances are shot, they must be delighted to get his wages off the books. Plus €40m coming their way later. 2021 Barcelona are not about winning trophies, it's all about rebuilding the team not being broke.

Fixed.

Comedy gold Laughing
Man, I love GL Proud
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed 01 Sep 2021, 20:17

Griezmann moves to Atletico on a two year loan deal, and at the end of that period the purchase option comes into force, for a fee of around 40 million euros. However, it is not 100 percent mandatory, as it depends on games played during that period of time.

rofl rofl rofl
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Wed 01 Sep 2021, 20:23

I didn't understand why Athletico would agree to a mandatory buy-clause. Now it makes more sense to me.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed 01 Sep 2021, 20:27

neuro11 wrote:I didn't understand why Athletico would agree to a mandatory buy-clause. Now it makes more sense to me.

for 40 mil...  in 2 years.  I know barca fans are all up in arms about Griezmann not being a great player.

But he is a great player who went to the absolute worse situation for him.  Once you lose confidence, it takes you a bit to get it back.  My guess is that he'll hit form for Atleti around Dec/Jan.  Just needs support from the manager and fans, which he absolutely was not getting at Barca.

Good move for Griezmann.  Awful deal for Barca.  But Barca had no leverage.

This is a move that Barca will live to regret though. With Messi gone, you should have given Grizzy a couple of months at least to build himself back up.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed 01 Sep 2021, 21:27

sportsczy wrote:
This is a move that Barca will live to regret though. With Messi gone, you should have given Grizzy a couple of months at least to build himself back up.

If Griezmann couldn't get going while playing with Messi, there's no chance he would have found form in this Barcelona side. He doesn't create for himself. The absolutely right thing to do for Barca was to cut him off the wage bill and get whatever they can for him.

I would also question whether Atletico actually need him or not. If I was a top club, I wouldn't look at Barca-form Griezmann as someone I wanted to have.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed 01 Sep 2021, 23:29

Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed 01 Sep 2021, 23:40

So Barca has given up on the guy who was supposed to be given the keys after Messi left because of three matches? rofl

Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed 01 Sep 2021, 23:59

Insane wages and he's outperformed by braithwaite.

Almost Official : Antoine Griezmann joins Atletico Madrid - Page 18 Its-too-much-seinfeld-kramer
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu 02 Sep 2021, 03:14

There is the other side to Sports' optimistic coin...

Antoine's return turns out to be Diego Costa 2.0 and does nothing of any note.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Thu 02 Sep 2021, 06:27

Casciavit wrote:So Barca has given up on the guy who was supposed to be given the keys after Messi left because of three matches? rofl

I think his fate was decided long before those three matches. It's just that Barca could not find any suitor.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu 02 Sep 2021, 06:40

After calming down I realize given choice I think we definitely woulda kept him and save the embarrassment of getting Luuk De Jong, everyone knows our financial situation so it seems just survival mode atm just getting anyone for free or very cheap Razz We tried to offload a number of the other high wages but no one wanted them. Prolly consider ourselves lucky Atletico accepting to have him back. Hes still a top player ppl forget, so another addition to Atletico. Imagine them retaining the title, ie. this Atletico managing to winning the league in the coming CONSECUTIVE YEARS. Depressing stuff. I almost want Real to win now actually thinking about it LOOOL.

Huge loss for us what it is from 120M to 40M? Im guessing eventually the same has to happen with Coutinho, sell him cheap and accept the loss.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri 03 Sep 2021, 19:15

still funny Laughing

Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Fri 03 Sep 2021, 20:04

Imagine giving Atletico 100 million, Suarez, a La Liga title and Griezmann..

For Griezmann?

Insert Dj Khaled you played yourself

Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Fri 03 Sep 2021, 22:43

IDK why Barca thinks is a good idea to cater to Atletico. The matches between you two have been more hotly contested than clasicos in recent years. They hate yall as much as they hate Real Laughing

If I had to choose between Barca and Atletico winning the league I would choose:

1. A meteor hitting Spain
2. A epidemic outbreak that postpones the league
3. Aliens abducting your players

Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri 03 Sep 2021, 22:46

Perucho21 wrote:IDK why Barca thinks is a good idea to cater to Atletico.

What do you mean?
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Fri 03 Sep 2021, 22:50

Myesyats wrote:
Perucho21 wrote:IDK why Barca thinks is a good idea to cater to Atletico.

What do you mean?

I mean Barca fans specifically. I've seen barca fans saying giving more power to Atletico would stop Real Madrid from winning. Helping them by selling Griezmann so they'd win the league instead, etc etc.

I mean its nonsense obviously.
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri 03 Sep 2021, 22:58

Perucho21 wrote:

I mean Barca fans specifically. I've seen barca fans saying giving more power to Atletico would stop Real Madrid from winning. Helping them by selling Griezmann so they'd win the league instead, etc etc.

I mean its nonsense obviously.

Tells you allot about the mentality fair weather fans carry. A real fan would want the best for their club always.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri 03 Sep 2021, 23:09

Well, I don't think its like "we'll do everything in our power for Atleti to win over RM" Laughing

Griezmann had to go and probably only wanted to join Atleti.
Barca will be weakened this season no matter what, thats just reality.
So barca fans are like "well if we don't win, preferably Atleti gets the edge over Real"

It has nothing to do with wanting the best for your club, it's just being realistic in the current state of things. Obviously barca fans want barca to win the leauge but atleti winning it is like the lesser evil in case barca underperforms and drops out of the race.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Sat 04 Sep 2021, 00:14

Myesyats wrote:

It has nothing to do with wanting the best for your club, it's just being realistic in the current state of things. Obviously barca fans want barca to win the leauge but atleti winning it is like the lesser evil in case barca underperforms and drops out of the race.

I wasn't referring to fans here particularly but what I was emphasizing what Perucho had said about that mentality being rampant right now on the main fanbase. If it were me I'd want to see Griezmann in another league instead of Atleti taking him. I know transfers like this can't be helped but if it were me in Barca's shoes I'd say "screw both RM and Atleti, let's sell this fucker to some other team" and things like that
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sat 04 Sep 2021, 07:13

Its not like Barca rejected team from other leagues and just handed him over to At. Madrid. At this moment Griezman does not attract a lot of good teams and returning to grandma's home is very common for flop players.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next