Glory
Pedram
Kaladin
20 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Westworld || HBO - Page 4 Empty Re: Westworld || HBO

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:10 pm

Watched the first episode, really like it so far.

The apparent inspiration of Red Dead Redemption and Bioshock according to Nolan are very, very apparent already.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:17 am

Third episode was good. Liked it. They are finally getting somewhere with the plot.

But theres this one slight issue I have. I dont know. I am finding a bit hard to sympathize with any of the hosts, knowing they/their emotions aint real. Perhaps once they all go rogue and start to improvise more and more we will feel a lot better about them. Right now theres this nagging feeling that they are only acting their part of a script and its been that way from the 1st episode. For example Teddy's backstory in this episode and ensuing shootout between the bounty hunters and goons. Couldnt care any less about any of them honestly.

At least Dolores is now interesting cos she is starting to experience and enact newer things.
Once again its just me. I am not listing this as a criticism. Just a personal observation.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:35 am

The lady guest with the shotgun in Teddy's storyline is the only guest so far that does Westworld how they're supposed to. I like her, it's like I'm seeing myself playing GTA.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:50 pm

Many ways this could be going in the long run.

One of them: Ford could be playing on Bernard's emotions, and use him as his big plan behind making the AI's gain consciousness. hmm
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:06 pm

Can't watch this for a month since I can't use sky online atm lol.

I'll have 3-4 episodes to binge though so it's okay.

cba downloading b4 anyone suggests
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:59 pm

just gonna come out and say I'm still not sold on this show. Production, acting - all fantastic. Slow, plodding and not all as interesting as it should be given the setting, IMO. Thus far, of course. Better start getting good soon.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:03 am

I really want to love this and I did like the first 2 episodes but I have no attachment to it and neither do I look forward to it. By no means this is a bad show. But it's not catered for everyone IMO.

Think it will get better when characters settle and a plot develops.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:04 am

So I was right about the voice :bow:

Arnold and the accident they keep mentioning 30 years ago seem to be very important pieces.

Anyways it's very confusing to follow this show unless you are constantly thinking about it throughout the week and analyzing every minor detail. I didn't do it this week and watching this episode I'm sitting here a bit confused to some of the different arcs.

One thing I don't understand is when Bernard is talking to Dolores he literally pulls her out of the park and then let's her return by herself. It seems someone would notice her absence if he's doing it in secret.

Wyatt's people in the new story arc can't be killed? interesting hmm

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:43 pm

"It means that I'm not crazy after all. And that none of this matter." Proud

Was right about Ford Proud
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:58 am

I am gradually liking this more and more. It's growing on me.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:42 am

Same. It's a definite slow burn, but it's getting better and better.

Only a matter of time before a guest actually dies.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:49 pm

So could the Man In Black know or have something to do with Arnold's death. Seems to be the reason he gets such a free pass
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:17 am

This show is exclusively made for binge, and its not a once in a week-1 hour piece. You watch one episode then by the time you get to the next you would have forgotten half of what happened in the 1st.

Anyway the 4th episode is the best episode after the pilot even though I didnt get like half of it.
dat Ford-Theresa lunch sequence was epically unreal. Hopkins!!

Spoiler:

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:44 am

Bible Allegory from Reddit.

I’ve seen a couple posts trying to figure out who the “Devil” is in the narrative if Ford is the “Creator”. Naming the AI AEDEN, as well as this being the story of awakening sapience in artificial intelligences seems to point to this being an allegory about The Garden of Eden in Genesis, and specifically the Fall of Man. Humans are like Elohim (angels) in that they are immortal and practically omnipotent over the things they created in their image. Hosts are humans before the fall. They are incapable of independent action; they have no knowledge of good and evil. They also run around naked a lot, something that will likely change after gaining consciousness due to shame. Dolores fits an obvious Eve role. They may pull a gender reversal and someone else (male) is Eve and she is actually Adam, but she probably has some spare parts from other hosts because of her frequent repairs, likely including a rib. She also seems to be the first to gain free will, just like the Biblical Eve. Though Teddy was created after her to be her mate, just like Eve was created to be Adam’s mate, so there might be a gender reversal. Ford is representative of The Creator. Abernathy refers to him, likely knowingly, as “my maker.” The MiB seems to be The Serpent. He will likely be responsible for the awakening of the AIs eventually (giving the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge), but not necessarily for the AIs’ benefit. He probably has antagonistic motives toward Ford on some level, likely industrial espionage and/or sabotage, and awakening the AIs he sees as a means of advancing that agenda. I’m not sure he is Satan though, the writers may not be following Paradise Lost too closely. I’m gonna wait and see if we get more Paradise Lost references before looking for analogs for The War in Heaven or The Son in Westworld. Specifically, we need the MiB to have been a Delos insider who lost some sort of corporate struggle with Ford (War in Heaven) in order to confirm allegory to Paradise Lost and not just Genesis. Maybe if Ford’s biological son shows up as a significant character or Teddy is faced with a choice of sapience or bliss after Dolores has become sapient and chooses to risk sapience because of his bond to Dolores.

Interesting way to look at things.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:59 am

Very interesting hmm
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:03 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpT-Lx6UnGU

Heart Heart Heart Heart

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:35 pm

Clearer battle lines drawn with this episode?

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:13 pm

Very good episode.
Whole other set of possibilities just opened now Laughing
Fully expecting the season finale to deliver big time coz it feels like they're building up towards that.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:06 am

Fastly becoming the best series out there. With they made the man in black a little deeper though. If he is supposed to be what William turns into then he doesn't turn into anything good...
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:32 am

The 5th episode just proved that the most popular fan theory going around could actually be true. hmm

BTW can anyone tell me whether there was any other host in the Will/Logan storyline barring Dolores going rogue? Meave, the fat guy who crushed his head with a rock, and even Abernathy malfunctioned in stories that didnt have any connection whatsoever with Will and Logan right ? If so, that itself explains quite a lot and where they are heading for in the final 5 episodes i guess.

Anyway each episode is starting to feel more and more like a Chris Nolan mindfk.

Why was Ford getting all emotional when he was saying they(him and Dolores) were not just friends. Obviously Dolores holds the key to everything it clearly seems.

Anyway I stumbled upon this when going though IMDb forums.
Bernard Lowe and Arnold Weber are anagrams. Like WHAT THE F**K?? Laughing

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:09 am

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:09 am

Have to binge the whole season again once it finishes - just to get things back in perspective

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:26 am

Yea, the same. In fact I am seriously contemplating giving up viewing from here onwards. Perhaps I will have to go and live in a cave away from the internet until it gets over Laughing , but still would be worth it i guess.
Otherwise this is just gaping at my computer screen cluelessly for about 55 minutes and then going to various websites and forums to understand what the hell went on in there over and over again every friggin week lol.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:36 am

I actually enjoy the challenge of piecing things together and reflecting some minutes on each episode.

Jumping to the web forums usually spoils the fun for me - it puts all these ideas in your head and then you try to looks for confirmation bias in the following episodes.

Take the dual timeline theory. I read about it, and this week I kept trying to draw parallels towards it. And this week, the episode played right into that theory.

The irony will be when the creators of the show throw in a massive twist in the next episode which will destroy the theory Laughing
And I don't put it past them, these are some of the smartest storytellers of our generation Proud

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:53 am

Glory wrote:Bernard Lowe and Arnold Weber are anagrams. Like WHAT THE F**K?? Laughing
WTF back at you Laughing
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:46 am

Sri wrote:I actually enjoy the challenge of piecing things together and reflecting some minutes on each episode.

Jumping to the web forums usually spoils the fun for me - it puts all these ideas in your head and then you try to looks for confirmation bias in the following episodes.

Take the dual timeline theory. I read about it, and this week I kept trying to draw parallels towards it. And this week, the episode played right into that theory.

The irony will be when the creators of the show throw in a massive twist in the next episode which will destroy the theory Laughing
And I don't put it past them, these are some of the smartest storytellers of our generation Proud

I do that too, but the only difference being I do that after getting some material to work with lol. Because everything right now is mere speculation and nerd theories on forums, reading a couple of different perspectives will at least in my case help fuel my way of thinking for the good.

El Gunner wrote:
Glory wrote:Bernard Lowe and Arnold Weber are anagrams. Like WHAT THE F**K?? Laughing
WTF back at you Laughing

Lol whoTF knows. I didnt sweat myself over it as the sheer magnitude of different possibilities in a case like that blew my head off.
Instead I am just waiting to be shocked and surprised.

Anyway my humble guess is that:

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum: