Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Westworld || HBO - Page 3 Empty Re: Westworld || HBO

Post by RealGunner Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:20 am

10 episodes

-------------------------

Watched Episode 1.

It's good. Enjoyed the pilot

I just hope this doesn't end the way Ex Machina did because that would be the most cliche ending ever.

It's really ambitious though and the production quality is great. Hopefully Christopher Nolan directs one or two episodes Proud

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:30 am

Glory wrote:
Sri wrote:Still not sure how I feel about this.

The pace and sophistication, I am afraid, is not geared for mass audiences. Can lose viewership very quickly if that happens hmm

GoT suffered in quality massively when they decided to go more mass oriented. We only need as much viewership as for them to continue making it. I take a quality show any day over a mass phenomenon such as Game of Thrones tbh.

If the show's good people will watch however sophisticated the shit is as evidenced by the success of movies such as Inception and Interstellar. Still feel tho they should have squeezed Chris Nolan's name somewhere in the credits lol. His name alone sells for lot of guys.

You're right, in so far as saying it only needs to cement a minimum core audience. However, with the money that is going into the show, you need the numbers to make it profitable for HBO to continue making it long term.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sivart Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:38 pm

Looks like a great show in the making. Could be like GOT.

The subject of ethics regarding androids is really intriguing. Lots of potential conflicts and discussions.
Sivart
Sivart
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:06 pm

What's crazy is in the original book, Westworld was only one part of the themepark. There was apparently a Roman World, a Medieval World as well as a Future World too.

Jonathan Nolan was asked about these worlds, but didn't commit to whether we'd see those in this show. I'm personally not holding my breath. What he did say is that there enough creative material here for at least 5-6 seasons for this show.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:57 am

Episode 2 was great. :bow: Ed Harris is so badass.

A lot happened in this episode. I wouldn't just call it an extension of the prologue. We definitely learn more about how the park functions and what it's about. Learning more about Anthony Hopkins, the rest of the management and the malfunctioning of the androids.

Zoe Saldana lookalike chick is getting the same weird bug Dolores has. It seems like it could be contagious. Because her malfunctioning symptoms began when she spoke to Dolores and Dolores said "these violent delights have violent ends" or some sh!t like that. That encounter seemed to change something in her and bring back memories.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:06 am

Don't call me James wrote:Episode 2 was great. :bow: Ed Harris is so badass.

A lot happened in this episode. I wouldn't just call it an extension of the prologue. We definitely learn more about how the park functions and what it's about. Learning more about Anthony Hopkins, the rest of the management and the malfunctioning of the androids.

Zoe Saldana lookalike chick is getting the same weird bug Dolores has. It seems like it could be contagious. Because her malfunctioning symptoms began when she spoke to Dolores and Dolores said "these violent delights have violent ends" or some sh!t like that. That encounter seemed to change something in her and bring back memories.

Actually thats exactly what I meant with extension of the prologue. We are learning more and more about the world. Its fair though as a concept like this warrant as much explaining as possible initially in order for the average viewers to get used to. Only the Ed Harris's journey part and the final 5 minute part where Anthony Hopkins spots that church and takes the other guy with him, for me at least the story is progressing only there. But then again as I said, not complaining.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:29 am

Dolores found a gun that can possibly kill guests. And she was being manipulated by some voice in her head. Everything she was doing was following some command telling her what to do. That for me is a huge revelation in this episode. Zoe Saldana lookalike chick woke up at head quarters and saw the real world. As well as Dr. Ford's church/religion narrative that he's bringing our attention to and her Ed Harris' journey. And we got introduced to William, possibly setting up a good vs evil themed showdown between (William) white hat/black hat (Ed Harris).

Cmon man, that episode had a lot.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:51 am

This was basically the first episode repeated, Maeve replacing Doloroes' dad as the malfunctioning host,, Ed Harris' character killing another family, some guests killing some hosts, the storyline guy saying the f word unnecessarily and failing his bosses.

The show has 10 episodes right? I hope things start getting more interesting soon because watching the same shit every week certainly isn't.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:20 am

Don't call me James wrote:Dolores found a gun that can possibly kill guests. And she was being manipulated by some voice in her head. Everything she was doing was following some command telling her what to do. That for me is a huge revelation in this episode. Zoe Saldana lookalike chick woke up at head quarters and saw the real world. As well as Dr. Ford's church/religion narrative that he's bringing our attention to and her Ed Harris' journey. And we got introduced to William, possibly setting up a good vs evil themed showdown between (William) white hat/black hat (Ed Harris).

Cmon man, that episode had a lot.

Yea forgot the Dolores's recovering the gun part. Thats also a major happening.
But apart from that, Thandie Newton's character undergoing the change, the William guy coming to the world, all that for me are just setting the tone for real story to set forth. Him meeting Dolores on the other hand is a potential ignition point . But then again this whole conversation is sounding silly now. lol

Its just what Urban said in the above post actually. We are already 20% into the first season. Dont think barring an intro into the world and some arcs here and there taking off we viewers still are pretty much in the dark as to what's the real deal is concerned I think.
By now we know the bots are going to go rogue. But we still cant ascertain the extend of the repercussion its going to set up. Not to mention the deeper levels, the places in the world that they aint showing etc (remember barring some interior shots of bars and brothels they have only shown 2 or 3 places total).

Let us see. I am on team Ed Harris anyway. Most interested and hyped as to what he is upto. A story needs first and foremost a great anti hero to become epic and the early signs looks extremely promising in this one because of him. Proud
That scene in the 1st episode where he tells to Dolores when they meet in the town square that he dont have time or something then. dat scene was just :bow: This guy has been coming to this world for the last 30 years. And she's the oldest bot I think. Just imagine the sheer ways and times he would have taken her. Its shocking. And yet when she meets him he greets him with awe and a smile on her face.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:25 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:This was basically the first episode repeated, Maeve replacing Doloroes' dad as the malfunctioning host,, Ed Harris' character killing another family, some guests killing some hosts, the storyline guy saying the f word unnecessarily and failing his bosses.

The show has 10 episodes right? I hope things start getting more interesting soon because watching the same shit every week certainly isn't.

ugh. Some of you guys can never be pleased.

I thought that episode was very progressive. An ambitious show such as this and its concept, it definitely needs fleshing out and setting the basis. Season 20% in already? Well guess what someone above posted that Jon Nolan sees this going for 5-6 seasons, so overall that's 3% in.

Go watch reruns of Breaking Bad.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:52 am

Jesus Christ no one can criticize an episode Laughing
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:02 am

El Gunner wrote:

While I'm on your side in your main argument.

Just want to say this is a great idea. Just finished re-watching. Perfection of a show. GOAT show at the moment. I'm just waiting for one slip up from GoT.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:36 pm

El Gunner wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:This was basically the first episode repeated, Maeve replacing Doloroes' dad as the malfunctioning host,, Ed Harris' character killing another family, some guests killing some hosts, the storyline guy saying the f word unnecessarily and failing his bosses.

I thought that episode was very progressive. An ambitious show such as this and its concept, it definitely needs fleshing out and setting the basis. Season 20% in already? Well guess what someone above posted that Jon Nolan sees this going for 5-6 seasons, so overall that's 3% in.

We already got the concept in the first episode, we didn't need to see the same stuff all over again from Maeve's POV, move the plot along already.

Not sure what you meant with the last line but right now Westworld is closer to Marco Polo than BB even with half the budget.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:42 pm

All we need is an episode by Christopher Nolan tbh. Watch dem ratings soarrrrr

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:15 pm

jibers wrote:Watched westworld episode 2. I'm finding it quite difficult to get into tbh. Like ex machina, I don't feel anything for the machines at all so its hard to even get emotionally invested. The dude in the black cowboy outfit creeps me out a bit. How the *bleep* are you doing that for 30 years ffs!

I wonder if the maza has anything to do with that stuff in the end

Accidentally posted in tv series thread
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:20 pm

I think if you were expecting something completely different in the 2nd episode, it was bound to disappoint you. I wasn't. I was expecting an expansion on what was already explored in episode 1 and this episode did exactly that.

Maeve did a lot more than just wig out like Dolores' dad. I think that's an oversimplication. I also liked the scenes with Jimmi Simpson and Ben Barnes' characters. Someone already mentioned it, but I think Simpson's character might just be the foil to Ed Harris' character. It's still too early to tell though.

This episode built upon the first. I liked it for that very reason.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:33 pm

El Gunner wrote:

McLewis wrote:I think if you were expecting something completely different in the 2nd episode, it was bound to disappoint you. I wasn't. I was expecting an expansion on what was already explored in episode 1 and this episode did exactly that.

Maeve did a lot more than just wig out like Dolores' dad. I think that's an oversimplication. I also liked the scenes with Jimmi Simpson and Ben Barnes' characters. Someone already mentioned it, but I think Simpson's character might just be the foil to Ed Harris' character. It's still too early to tell though.

This episode built upon the first. I liked it for that very reason.

I personally didnt intend that as a criticism. I think I have already clarified that by now. Showing same/similar things is fine as long as it supplements the overall plot.

Game of thrones S05 for example they dragged some arcs basically showing nothing for like 9 episodes and then rather forcefully shut these stories down in a very unconvincing manner in the season finale. Thats where a potential problem could stem. BTW I wasnt aware this is a 5 or 6 season show. If thats the case and they are doing this is as a one big series then fine I guess.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:35 pm

RealGunner wrote:All we need is an episode by Christopher Nolan tbh. Watch dem ratings soarrrrr

Hope not. This place will be unbearable if so. People will murder anyone who raise even a small negative point about that episode. Laughing

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:47 am

There would be no negatives in that episode tbf. :coffee:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:12 pm

Tonight's episode of #Westworld, "The Stray", is directed by Neil Marshall, who directed #GoT' "Blackwater" & "The Watchers on the Wall". https://t.co/I9x5fVcSXY

:fishing:
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:33 pm

Let's hope he'll bring you, urban, and m99 something worthy.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:38 pm

lmaooooo what is this beef.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:40 pm

This has just come to my attention, will watch immediately.

Inb4 i don't watch at all until it's cancelled.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:15 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:This has just come to my attention, will watch immediately.

Inb4 i don't watch at all until it's cancelled.

Get on it now since it's just started. It takes a lot of mental fortitude to start a show in later seasons when it gets ultra popular and everyone is spoiling everything left and right.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:17 pm

Yeah that's my problem Laughing

I do it all the time and i never finish anything because of it, i really should with this though.

Haven't really watched anything Western themed since Deadwood.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:10 pm

Watched the first episode, really like it so far.

The apparent inspiration of Red Dead Redemption and Bioshock according to Nolan are very, very apparent already.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum: